Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:27:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should a PASCAL COIN clone be launched ?
YES - 58 (71.6%)
NO - 23 (28.4%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PASL]-[PASCAL Lite]-[The Future is Almost Here]  (Read 164847 times)
MrTDHP

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:32:26 PM

I see zero activity on Cryptopia for the past day. Is there an issue?

The PascalLite wallet has been under maintenance on Cryptopia for the last few weeks.
More like last few months lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AM111

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:22:16 PM

The PascalLite wallet has been under maintenance on Cryptopia for the last few weeks.

The last trades had loads of large sells. Any future in this coin?

Beroxull

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:30:50 PM

Any updates on when Cryptopia will finish their wallet maintenance? Devs? You guys submitted this to Cryptopia so I know you have a line of communication. Let's get an update.
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:52:17 PM

Any updates on when Cryptopia will finish their wallet maintenance? Devs? You guys submitted this to Cryptopia so I know you have a line of communication. Let's get an update.

We submitted repeatedly. On their support ticket system, PM'd the devs on Bitcointalk, and on their Discord channel.

Reason for all this delay is most likely due to this

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
markisd

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:45:05 AM

Lol, after I wrote it I was thinking the same thing
xcore1

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:50:31 AM

I hope cryptopia will save all the coins that were deposited on the exchange wallet, while it was on maintaince.

Devs, do you have any thoughts about ASICs? They have already affected the difficulty of other coins. LBRY diff increased several times. Decred, Pascal is the same. PASL will be the next.

adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:19:33 AM

I hope cryptopia will save all the coins that were deposited on the exchange wallet, while it was on maintaince.

Devs, do you have any thoughts about ASICs? They have already affected the difficulty of other coins. LBRY diff increased several times. Decred, Pascal is the same. PASL will be the next.

Most likely we will have to do an algo change. We  are still deciding which algo would be best to implement into our coin.

Keep in mind this step requires major software recoding and might take a while.

We will release an update when we have made a final decision.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
AM111

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:59:03 AM

I noticed today that the coin has also been removed from https://whattomine.com/coins Not a good sign.

Pascal has arrived as there is an expensive ASIC on the market for the past few months already for PASC.
lustbuck

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:20:36 AM

How much is the cost of the token? On which exchange will this token be traded?
AM111

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:28:50 AM

It says 30c on the mining pools but is now traded nowhere. The current situation reminds me of another coin called Komodo which  was a remake of an older project which did not work. This current situation is plainly put unacceptable considering how many people have mined the project wasting their electricity. Changing the algo now means they will have to create a new coin and add these pascal lite coins as the base aka Komodo. If the developers could not see that ASIC's would enter the market after the larger Pascal coin then there is not much business vision in its development.

I am sorry I am blunt but I prefer to call it like I see it.

adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:51:33 AM

It says 30c on the mining pools but is now traded nowhere. The current situation reminds me of another coin called Komodo which  was a remake of an older project which did not work. This current situation is plainly put unacceptable considering how many people have mined the project wasting their electricity. Changing the algo now means they will have to create a new coin and add these pascal lite coins as the base aka Komodo. If the developers could not see that ASIC's would enter the market after the larger Pascal coin then there is not much business vision in its development.

I am sorry I am blunt but I prefer to call it like I see it.

There will be no new coin created.

This can be achieved by a hard fork.

The market cap of these coins is very small and we are surprised that someone designed an ASIC for them.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
shanepottermi

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:38:34 AM

China just made 2 ASICs that basically destroys dual mining for GPUs.. They got ASICs for Siacoin, Decred, Lbry, Pascal, Pasl.. I bet claymore is unhappy as its going to dramatically reduce his income. 2% on dual mining 1% single mining.. His income just got halfed unless someone creates ASIC resistant versions of these coins algorithms that plays well with dual mining Ethash in a similar way.
majsta

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

kittehcoin.info

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:23:06 PM

Why would you change algo. This is not good decision. First generation of ASIC machines will go to primary coins like PASCAL, after 2nd generation of stronger ASIC early miners with weak machines will move to PASCAL Lite and other coins supported by that ASIC. Also those who have just one or two ASIC miners won't stand a chance on PASCAL, so again they will start to mine PASCAL Lite to at least try to recover their investment.
Initially ASIC machines will make major influence on the coins price who will drop but once stabilized with ASIC hash power it will ensure more investments on the market.
Keeping this algo will show support for early GPU miner who collected PASCAL Lite over the time. After all everything will end up eventually that with strongest ASIC miner you won't be able to mine more than 1 PASL per day. If we remember what happened with scrypt ASIC miners then all is easy to understand. Now on every single scrypt coin you have high diff because people have lot of unusable ASIC machines who can't do much on Litecoin or any other popular scrypt coin but they didn't trow them away. They put them on first scyrpt coin they found who is not even listed on the market thinking maybe something will happen with it. On other side ASIC sellers much invest portion of money earned to rise the price of coin or algo they support to ensure that their ASIC will be sold in the future. After all of this PASCAL will worth up to 300USD, PASL maybe 50USD and then you will see lot of new coins with this algo. Again, from history, I have mined lot of scrypt coins when diff was lower than 1, now on same coins mined by ASIC diff is more than 300, price increased a lot over the time. Complete situation with those ASIC machines will be only bad for GPU miners who were here only for quick profit selling instantly what they mine but those are not real supporters of this project. Those who mined and hold are and they will benefit from this a lot. So think twice what is smart to do. PASL is 2nd coin in the line of coins supporting this algo, don't lose that place. Comparing Dash(Darkcoin) and his followers using same algo you can see ASIC influence and price ranges/hash rate they had over the time to the situation we have now with them when all is crystal clear about stuff I m saying. My advice is to don't touch anything but patiently wait.

nknown

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:33:44 PM

I noticed today that the coin has also been removed from https://whattomine.com/coins Not a good sign.

Pascal has arrived as there is an expensive ASIC on the market for the past few months already for PASC.

About https://whattomine.com/: I guess they removed it because it's not tradable at the moment because of the wallet maintenance of cryptopia.
I don't think they have more information than the dev and that shouldn't mean anything for now.

Do you or anyone has any information when they're finishing their "maintenance"? It's starting to become troublesome the amount of time I have no access to my coins
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:44:39 PM

Why would you change algo. This is not good decision. First generation of ASIC machines will go to primary coins like PASCAL, after 2nd generation of stronger ASIC early miners with weak machines will move to PASCAL Lite and other coins supported by that ASIC. Also those who have just one or two ASIC miners won't stand a chance on PASCAL, so again they will start to mine PASCAL Lite to at least try to recover their investment.
Initially ASIC machines will make major influence on the coins price who will drop but once stabilized with ASIC hash power it will ensure more investments on the market.
Keeping this algo will show support for early GPU miner who collected PASCAL Lite over the time. After all everything will end up eventually that with strongest ASIC miner you won't be able to mine more than 1 PASL per day. If we remember what happened with scrypt ASIC miners then all is easy to understand. Now on every single scrypt coin you have high diff because people have lot of unusable ASIC machines who can't do much on Litecoin or any other popular scrypt coin but they didn't trow them away. They put them on first scyrpt coin they found who is not even listed on the market thinking maybe something will happen with it. On other side ASIC sellers much invest portion of money earned to rise the price of coin or algo they support to ensure that their ASIC will be sold in the future. After all of this PASCAL will worth up to 300USD, PASL maybe 50USD and then you will see lot of new coins with this algo. Again, from history, I have mined lot of scrypt coins when diff was lower than 1, now on same coins mined by ASIC diff is more than 300, price increased a lot over the time. Complete situation with those ASIC machines will be only bad for GPU miners who were here only for quick profit selling instantly what they mine but those are not real supporters of this project. Those who mined and hold are and they will benefit from this a lot. So think twice what is smart to do. PASL is 2nd coin in the line of coins supporting this algo, don't lose that place. Comparing Dash(Darkcoin) and his followers using same algo you can see ASIC influence and price ranges/hash rate they had over the time to the situation we have now with them when all is crystal clear about stuff I m saying. My advice is to don't touch anything but patiently wait.

As far as I Know PASCAL will also switch to a new algo.

The problem with the ASICs is primarily centralization. Someone with a few machines can easily 51% attack the network. With the speeds that they pose, GPU miners won't be able to keep up. We want to make the coin possible to mine with a GPU again.

I will discuss your thoughts with the dev and see what they say either way.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
masternode

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:03:51 PM

China just made 2 ASICs that basically destroys dual mining for GPUs.. They got ASICs for Siacoin, Decred, Lbry, Pascal, Pasl.. I bet claymore is unhappy as its going to dramatically reduce his income. 2% on dual mining 1% single mining.. His income just got halfed unless someone creates ASIC resistant versions of these coins algorithms that plays well with dual mining Ethash in a similar way.

I liked the idea from years ago when Vertcoin introduced the adaptive n-factor. Does anyone know whether that worked out as intended and there are still no Asics for Vertcoin?
Varijotas

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:57:23 PM

Go with Neoscrypt, best algo for GPU's and no big value coins on this algo to put PASL in a shadow.
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:04:14 AM

Go with Neoscrypt, best algo for GPU's and no big value coins on this algo to put PASL in a shadow.

Well.. Most people are dual mining PASL with another Ethash-coin.
I guess Neoscrypt is not compatible with dual-mining but I'm not sure if it would be possible without affecting the other hashrate.
Most important is that we get a working exchange.

Most likely the new algo will not be dual-minable.

Generally any dual-minable coin is a very easy ASIC target since its mostly GPU compute. We need an algo which is a mix of core engine and memory .

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:08:40 PM

Well.. Most people are dual mining PASL with another Ethash-coin.
I guess Neoscrypt is not compatible with dual-mining but I'm not sure if it would be possible without affecting the other hashrate.
Most important is that we get a working exchange.

Most likely the new algo will not be dual-minable.

Generally any dual-minable coin is a very easy ASIC target since its mostly GPU compute. We need an algo which is a mix of core engine and memory .
Agreed small miners won't be able to mine look at the prices of asics big miners or ppl with connections are getting asics for 1500 and selling them for 5000 on ebay not to mention asics are centralized it's time to change the algo and tell the asics manufactures to stick it 
szafek

Activity: 448
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 08:44:22 PM

This is on cryptopia news.
Delist notice - PASC
Pascal Coin (PASC) has been in a status of delisting for some time. This is because of an above average support load being created due to bad transactions from another service provider which we then had to recover. We did reach out to the other provider at the time but were unable to come to a satisfactory solution for both parties, unfortunately this means that Cryptopia will no longer be supporting Pascal.

We realize that adequate notice was not provided to our users so we have extended the delist date to the 1st March 2018. Please close all open orders and withdraw your PASC before this date.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: