Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:48:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 236 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tezos discussion  (Read 215610 times)
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:07:31 PM

August Update

Dear Tezos supporters,

Your commitment to Tezos has made history, raising an unprecedented $232 million in our two-week fundraiser. Your support is instrumental to fulfilling the vision we outlined and started building towards in 2014.

The success of the fundraiser represents an important milestone for Tezos. Yet our work has only just begun. In this update, we’ll share some important new developments, as well as a bit of information about our longer-term vision and roadmap.

$50 Million Venture Capital for Developers and Startups

We are extremely pleased to announce a commitment of $50 million in venture capital funding to companies looking to build on the Tezos platform. This capital will be partially deployed through venture capital partners to be announced, as well as through a direct venture arm. The innovation and growth of the ecosystem is the top priority of the Tezos Foundation.

Vision and Roadmap

The Foundation’s large endowment gives it the unique opportunity to bring about new institutions through transformative technology. One of the main benefits that a large treasury affords us is ensuring the longevity of the network. We want to give confidence to application developers and entrepreneurs that the Tezos network is here to stay in the decades to come.

We do not know what challenges lie in the future and therefore we are prudently managing the Foundation’s portfolio to last for decades and through volatile market conditions and deep social changes. Our spending plans will remain conservative and similar to the numbers outlined in the Tezos Overview document published prior to the fundraiser.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rejosh

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:33:40 PM

August Update
Dear Tezos supporters,

Your commitment to Tezos has made history, raising an unprecedented $232 million in our two-week fundraiser. Your support is instrumental to fulfilling the vision we outlined and started building towards in 2014.

The success of the fundraiser represents an important milestone for Tezos. Yet our work has only just begun. In this update, we’ll share some important new developments, as well as a bit of information about our longer-term vision and roadmap.

$50 Million Venture Capital for Developers and Startups
We are extremely pleased to announce a commitment of $50 million in venture capital funding to companies looking to build on the Tezos platform. This capital will be partially deployed through venture capital partners to be announced, as well as through a direct venture arm. The innovation and growth of the ecosystem is the top priority of the Tezos Foundation.

Vision and Roadmap
The Foundation’s large endowment gives it the unique opportunity to bring about new institutions through transformative technology. One of the main benefits that a large treasury affords us is ensuring the longevity of the network. We want to give confidence to application developers and entrepreneurs that the Tezos network is here to stay in the decades to come.

We do not know what challenges lie in the future and therefore we are prudently managing the Foundation’s portfolio to last for decades and through volatile market conditions and deep social changes. Our spending plans will remain conservative and similar to the numbers outlined in the Tezos Overview document published prior to the fundraiser.

Team
The single most important determinant of an organization’s success is its team. So our top priority over the coming months and years is to attract the very best people we can find, and build a world-class, values-driven organization that executes with exceptional effectiveness.

The Tezos Foundation is proud to announce that Jill Carlson has joined our team to lead our business development. In her most recent role, Jill managed partnerships with the likes of Nasdaq and the IMF at Chain. Prior to Chain, Jill worked at Goldman Sachs.

We will soon post career opportunities on the Tezos Foundation’s website at https://tezos.ch.

Development
We have been hard at work on the development of the Tezos ledger. We are currently prioritizing work on the smart contract language, which will let the larger community of developers around Tezos build applications sooner, as the semantic stabilizes. Milo, an intern working on Michelson, has been keeping up an awesome blog at https://www.michelson-lang.com. You may also notice a new emacs mode for Michelson. This mode directly calls the tezos client to show you the type of the stack at every point in your program. Bear in mind that this mode is still highly experimental at the moment.You can follow changes to the codebase on Github.We are growing the development team so please get in touch if you’re a strong OCaml programmer.

Community
Creating productive community spaces and forums will be critical to the long-term growth of Tezos. After the closure of the Slack channel (due to limitations in Slack’s security model which made it unsuitable for our purpose) we looked for an alternative. We found two!

We suggest general chat happen on the matrix network, a modern federated network for decentralized, secure online chat. You can access it using several clients, such as Riot. Technical discussion oriented towards participating in the alpha net (our current testnet) should happen on the #tezos IRC channel, on irc.freenode.net

There are also two unofficial community forums: https://reddit.com/r/tezos and https://www.tezos.community.

The Tezos project website (https://tezos.com) will be updated soon — stay tuned.

Fundraiser follow ups
Diversification & statistics
We published a blog post explaining the diversification strategy for the funds held by the Foundation. So far, we have been slowly converting these assets into cash at a pace of roughly CHF 500 000 per day. We also published a post detailing some statistics regarding the distribution of contributions in the fundraiser.

Bitcoin Cash
Bitcoin Cash is a recent hard-fork of Bitcoin meant to offer a block size increase. This means that for every Bitcoin held by the Tezos Foundation, the Foundation now additionally holds a new “BCH” token. Our current setup for spending Bitcoin contributions does not yet let us spend these new Bitcoin Cash tokens. We do plan on adding this capability and will then proceed to slowly diversify out of them as we are doing with our Bitcoin holdings.

Issue Resolution
From a technical standpoint, the Tezos fundraiser went well — over 99% of contributors had a flawless experience. A small number of contributors experienced issues, which we resolved early on.

Make sure your contribution has been recorded
If you haven’t done so already, please go to https://check.tezos.com/ and make sure your contribution has been properly recorded. If your contribution is not recorded and you contributed with Bitcoin, it’s possible that you did not complete the contribution process. In this case, please email support@tezos.ch and we’ll be happy to assist.

Again, if you haven't done so already, make sure you backup your private key (email + password + 15-word mnemonic). We cannot recover lost mnemonics and lost passwords, and we cannot authenticate contributors without them knowing their private key. The security model of the fundraiser is based on control of the private key and not on contributing addresses which could belong to an exchange or to a third party. Unfortunately, if you lose your mnemonic or your password, your allocation will also be lost. Our recommendation, all things considered, is to write these down and store them in a secure location.

Late and sub-threshold contributions
The Tezos Foundation is committed to serving the best interests of its supporters. So we decided early on that late or sub-threshold contributions could be returned if the contributors so desired. The Tezos development team has been working on developing a secure website allowing these contributors to sign their request with their private key. If this applies to you, please see here for further details.

Sincerely,
the Tezos team

████████
         ██████████████
     ████████   ████████
  ███████               ███████
██████                     ▀███▀
████                               
██                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████                     ▀████████
██████                     ▀██████
     ████████   ████████
         ██████████████
               ████████

GoNetwork=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
[
]
[
]

▄ 
                          ▄▄███
                    ▄▄█▀▀  ██
              ▄▄█▀▀     ██▌
        ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀   ██
 ▄▄█▀▀     ▄█▀     ▐██
██     ▄██▀          █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀       ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄    ███
     █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
      █▄█▀

▄███▄▄   ▄
  ██                           ██████████▀
  ████▄                   ███████████▀
   ▀████████▄▄     ███████████
  ▄▄███████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
        ███████████████████
           ▀███████████████▀
              ▄███████████▀
   ▄▄█████████████▀

nter]
rejosh

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:37:17 PM

If it drops, i'm ready to buy more. If it goes up, i'm ready to buy more too Tongue

It seems to me more and more the chance of a lifetime. I'll do the same.

I am going to buy more when it hits the exchanges. This may be the last train of crypto.   

████████
         ██████████████
     ████████   ████████
██████                     ▀███▀
████                               
██                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████                     ▀████████
██████                     ▀██████
     ████████   ████████
         ██████████████
               ████████

GoNetwork=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
[
]
[
]

▄ 
                          ▄▄███
                    ▄▄█▀▀  ██
              ▄▄█▀▀     ██▌
        ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀   ██
 ▄▄█▀▀     ▄█▀     ▐██
██     ▄██▀          █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀       ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄    ███
     █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
      █▄█▀

▄███▄▄   ▄
  ██                           ██████████▀
  ████▄                   ███████████▀
   ▀████████▄▄     ███████████
  ▄▄███████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
        ███████████████████
           ▀███████████████▀
              ▄███████████▀
   ▄▄█████████████▀

nter]
Petpowder

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:50:32 PM

BTW here is a Tezos telegram community: https://t.me/tezosico
richpress

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Sr. Web Developer / Msg for work inquiries

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 01:58:29 AM

Is this the official telegram community ? I heard they had issues with people spoofing their slack identities and had to close slack, is that still the case ?
Gwyn

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:14:13 AM

Is this the official telegram community ? I heard they had issues with people spoofing their slack identities and had to close slack, is that still the case ?

i think it is not official telegram ,dev u should create one for all of us now!
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:23:12 AM

i see this is listed on HITBTC exchange - how is that?
tradecoin.me

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:45:50 AM

i see this is listed on HITBTC exchange - how is that?
I saw this too. Maybe you can only trade it but not actually withdraw. Maybe someone can confirm this?
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:26:53 PM

Tezo going to be next big thing in crypto.Lucky are those who joined the crowdsale.

duke944

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:11:45 PM

Tezo going to be next big thing in crypto.Lucky are those who joined the crowdsale.

Big coins always give plenty of opportunity to buy on exchanges. Look at eth, you could have bought at $2 for a long time then $10 for a long time as well. With so much money put in theres still a chance it will go to ico price or even lower for awhile, who knows.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:25:44 PM

Big coins always give plenty of opportunity to buy on exchanges. Look at eth, you could have bought at $2 for a long time then $10 for a long time as well. With so much money put in theres still a chance it will go to ico price or even lower for awhile, who knows.
well with how great tezos went after the ico we will see how good the dev will support the value after hitting inside any exchange
it will be much better to keep an eye from this coin after being listed i think trex will be a good venue for big players to ride with
this project after missing the ico stage.
Miner2525

Activity: 204

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:55:14 PM

Pretty lame having a minimum and not being boldly upfront about it during the ICO.  Whats the point of Bitcoin having eight digit decimal places if no one ever wants to take advantage of it?

As this fiasco demonstrates, the only thing "democratic" and "self-amending" about Tezos is the protocol.  But the top-down rules?  Forgetaboutit.
Asimmo

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:02:55 PM

Thanks god, they announced something concretely and in details..

So, we are waiting for October/November, right?
Anything significant event untill then?
duke944

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:29:21 PM

Pretty lame having a minimum and not being boldly upfront about it during the ICO.  Whats the point of Bitcoin having eight digit decimal places if no one ever wants to take advantage of it?

As this fiasco demonstrates, the only thing "democratic" and "self-amending" about Tezos is the protocol.  But the top-down rules?  Forgetaboutit.

Wtf are you talking about? it was crystal clear on the ico site that the minumum buy was .1 btc. If someone wasn't willing to read before sending that's pretty stupid, but I'm sure they will get it returned. As far as their decision to do that honestly, if you can't afford to send at least $250 usd or aren't confident enough to send that much to something like this you have no business playing. Wait for the exchange to spend your bitcoin dust.
Miner2525

Activity: 204

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:36:41 PM

Wtf are you talking about? it was crystal clear on the ico site that the minumum buy was .1 btc. If someone wasn't willing to read before sending that's pretty stupid, but I'm sure they will get it returned. As far as their decision to do that honestly, if you can't afford to send at least $250 usd or aren't confident enough to send that much to something like this you have no business playing. Wait for the exchange to spend your bitcoin dust.

And yet, <.1 BTC transactions went through!  I haven't seen an explanation for why there was this limit in the first place nor why it was not enforced on BTC.  All they wound up doing is making more work for themselves, wasting more time and annoying over 2,000 "donators".  It seems pretty obvious this was a screwup which does not demonstrate good business acumen already.  Someone's head needs to roll.

But let's be charitable and say they didn't want <.1 BTC transactions because they didn't want to pay the relatively high transaction fees, even if it all collated up to >.1 BTC.  Wow.  Then we can talk about pure, unfettered greed and being crony capitalists which seems to represent the founders and the mega-big whales involved.  Either way, Tezos doesn't come out smelling like roses here.

Moving on.
franc0

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:09:47 PM

Tezos to the moon!

I'm a professional Spanish translator. Projects like WePower, Envion, Atlant, etc. Among others... are part of my portfolio. Hire me or sign me up as a bounty participant for your project!
bengems

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:55:39 AM

I am so anxious to know what the value will be when released in market.... below $0.45, above $0.70, more than $1?

We will see about that.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
legday

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:19:07 AM

I don't even see it as an argument. Rules were very clear about this one - If you send less than 0.1 btc tezos won't be created and you might end up loosing all your coins. Warnings were all over the place, you could not have missed it. if you are still stupid enough to send less amount, you might as well send bitcoins to a wrong address.
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:30:09 AM

I don't even see it as an argument. Rules were very clear about this one - If you send less than 0.1 btc tezos won't be created and you might end up loosing all your coins. Warnings were all over the place, you could not have missed it. if you are still stupid enough to send less amount, you might as well send bitcoins to a wrong address.

That will be messy for some guys. They will lose their money due to the innocent.
ekoja

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:32:48 AM

Tezos to the moon!

Wait for a product before to da the moon.
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 236 »
  Print  

Jump to: