Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:27:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Avalon ASIC chip distribution  (Read 220125 times)
zefir (OP)
Donator

Activity: 919
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 06:07:42 PM

Thnks Zefir for your work but when i try to singup in your site i have to send signing msg from my wallet but i didnt send my order frm my wallet i sent it from bitstamp and you confirm it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.msg1857112#msg1857112

sorry for mess i made .

thanks

Yes, and one post after the linked I asked you for an address to associate to your order and you gave me 1Kjvxd9CbnYbigcC13gS5VAd2asNcdVSyH

Is there some other problem?

tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 06:25:48 PM

Thnks Zefir for your work but when i try to singup in your site i have to send signing msg from my wallet but i didnt send my order frm my wallet i sent it from bitstamp and you confirm it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.msg1857112#msg1857112

sorry for mess i made .

thanks

Yes, and one post after the linked I asked you for an address to associate to your order and you gave me 1Kjvxd9CbnYbigcC13gS5VAd2asNcdVSyH

yes but this is not my wallet address i though you need my address if any thing happen , this is bitstamp address too not my own i sont use wallet because it take big space , so i cant send from bitstamp any msg.

sorry again .
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 06:30:33 PM

sorry for mess i made .

thanks

yes but this is not my wallet address i though you need my address if any thing happen , this is bitstamp address too not my own i sont use wallet because it take big space , so i cant send from bitstamp any msg.

sorry again .

You need to give me an address you can sign from. Please check whatever wallet you are using and select one address to assign to your order.

Please do that over PM.

gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:59:09 AM

Hey, I ordered in the first batch, but only did 10, then the board designs started to come out as 16 and 64, anyone from batch one care to sell me at least 6 chips? pm me please..  I can also buy more if you have extras.. cheers!

You could use Burnin's boards:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179769.0
his board design is capable of running on either 10 or 20 chips.

FYI: I have no affiliation with Burnin but I do plan to purchase boards from him for myself.

Ahhh, yea right thanks I may just do that instead!
fasmax

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:21:25 AM

Sorry,
I have selected the destination for my chips last week.
How do I lock it?
Thanks!
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:55:43 AM

Sorry,
How do I lock it?
Thanks!

Sorry if that was not obvious: in the shipping destination drop-down list first select a different destination, then go back to your previous and tick the finalize check-box, and finally sign your change request.

It was intentionally left in the change area and is not visible outside, since this is such a strong feature (the only way for me to fix a wrongly set lock is to delete the user and allow to register again), it is too risky to place the locking check-box at the overview page.

HTH

Zalfrin

Activity: 401

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:10:29 PM

Does it need to be locked or is this just a security feature?
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:12:59 PM

Does it need to be locked or is this just a security feature?

Yes, to get shipped, it must be locked to prevent buyers from changing addresses after I shipped.

Still, no need to hurry, before locking at least you should get some proof that the manufacturer of your choice has some approved working prototype.

zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:56:31 AM

Update

Sample chip shipping payments

Those who received their sample chips, please ignore the invoice I enclosed with the parcel. It is meant for customs, just in case. The S&H for the samples is a flat 0.4BTC value, please do not adapt it due to the recent fluctuations in the BTC/fiat exchange rate. If you have the coins at hand, please send 0.4BTC to 184g4gAJqtM1BTDmDwRPB4AokXbqtZ2wnG. If you don't have, please post here you received the chips and want to take them as donation.

Sample chips shipping time / shipping of final chips

Some of the developers received their chips within 5 days, others are waiting for two weeks and more. I sent those out as registered priority mail via SwissPost, which gives a delivery time of 5 days. From the tracking information I see that they are delivered to the destination country within 2 days, but then it becomes slow. Interestingly enough, those folks around the globe (USA, Australia, Asia) got heirs delivered fast, while in the EU the delays are significantly longer. I talked to SwissPost and their feedback is that they do guarantee delivery into destination country, but have no control over the processing times there.

As a consequence, I will not ship the final chips via SwissPost, which will be challenging to come by: DHL offers only express here and charges ~$200 for the smallest parcel (that is, sending a 100g chocolate block). Other parcel services are even more expensive. A user from a USA pointed out that for that amount of money I could send chips directly via air-freight overnight, which would be an option for those living nearby an airport. Alas, this would require me to drive to Zurich airport for each shipment, therefore not a real alternative. Still I do not have a clear picture how the chips will arrive (all at once or one parcel per day), so I'll investigate further and try to find a good solution.

New shipping destination added
steamboat is now available as destination for your orders.

danattacker

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:23:07 AM

It's unfortunate that you've decided to not use SwissPost. I was expecting you to ship them via SwissPost since their pricing was very reasonable and I hope that the final shipping cost will remain low, especially since I have a small 10 chip order.
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:16:19 AM

It's unfortunate that you've decided to not use SwissPost. I was expecting you to ship them via SwissPost since their pricing was very reasonable and I hope that the final shipping cost will remain low, especially since I have a small 10 chip order.

Hm, I was expecting people to be eager to get their chips fast, but you are right, for small orders  it maybe is not worth it. No sense in making shipping more expensive than the chips themselves. All I can do at the moment is to promise to consider any potential approach for an optimal solution. This e.g. might include traveling to Germany and send via DHL from there - with prices 80% lower than what is charged here in Switzerland Sad

Generally, this all is relevant if you ship to your private address only. If you otherwise delegate your chips to a manufacturer, all orders from a batch will be combined into one package with shipping costs evenly split, which will significantly reduce costs per user.

fasmax

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 11:15:31 PM

Sorry,
How do I lock it?
Thanks!

Sorry if that was not obvious: in the shipping destination drop-down list first select a different destination, then go back to your previous and tick the finalize check-box, and finally sign your change request.

It was intentionally left in the change area and is not visible outside, since this is such a strong feature (the only way for me to fix a wrongly set lock is to delete the user and allow to register again), it is too risky to place the locking check-box at the overview page.

HTH
I just did this and didn't see any box to check to finalize.
It just wants me to sign again but I don't see the box to finalize.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 11:39:39 PM

Update

Sample chip shipping payments

Those who received their sample chips, please ignore the invoice I enclosed with the parcel. It is meant for customs, just in case. The S&H for the samples is a flat 0.4BTC value, please do not adapt it due to the recent fluctuations in the BTC/fiat exchange rate. If you have the coins at hand, please send 0.4BTC to 184g4gAJqtM1BTDmDwRPB4AokXbqtZ2wnG. If you don't have, please post here you received the chips and want to take them as donation.

Sample chips shipping time / shipping of final chips

Some of the developers received their chips within 5 days, others are waiting for two weeks and more. I sent those out as registered priority mail via SwissPost, which gives a delivery time of 5 days. From the tracking information I see that they are delivered to the destination country within 2 days, but then it becomes slow. Interestingly enough, those folks around the globe (USA, Australia, Asia) got heirs delivered fast, while in the EU the delays are significantly longer. I talked to SwissPost and their feedback is that they do guarantee delivery into destination country, but have no control over the processing times there.

As a consequence, I will not ship the final chips via SwissPost, which will be challenging to come by: DHL offers only express here and charges ~$200 for the smallest parcel (that is, sending a 100g chocolate block). Other parcel services are even more expensive. A user from a USA pointed out that for that amount of money I could send chips directly via air-freight overnight, which would be an option for those living nearby an airport. Alas, this would require me to drive to Zurich airport for each shipment, therefore not a real alternative. Still I do not have a clear picture how the chips will arrive (all at once or one parcel per day), so I'll investigate further and try to find a good solution.

New shipping destination added
steamboat is now available as destination for your orders.

I think the problem will be smaller than you think now. Most of the chips will go to a handful of assemblers, so it will be only a couple of packages at the end. That means it wont cost 200€ for each groupbuyer to ship the chips.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:47:26 AM

Shipping address on the web site does the shipper get notified that I have allowed you to send my chips to them? Example I choose burnin.  Will he be notified that wallet address has confirmed and signed with you , what are the next steps talk to him? It's not 100% clear
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 12:07:06 PM

I just did this and didn't see any box to check to finalize.
It just wants me to sign again but I don't see the box to finalize.

I was reported that some OS/browser combinations have displaying problems (e.g. Win+Chrome). Could you please double check if it does better with a different browser?

I think the problem will be smaller than you think now. Most of the chips will go to a handful of assemblers, so it will be only a couple of packages at the end. That means it wont cost 200€ for each groupbuyer to ship the chips.

I have only a partial view so far, but currently there are at least 50 shipping destinations, so it is an issue to be prepared for.

Shipping address on the web site does the shipper get notified that I have allowed you to send my chips to them? Example I choose burnin.  Will he be notified that wallet address has confirmed and signed with you , what are the next steps talk to him? It's not 100% clear

I tried to explain this here and here. In short: chips will be shipped to the locked addresses; you can get a receipt as an undeniable proof that your chips were shipped; manufacturers will get a list of chips assigned to users with each delivery.

Does this help?

fasmax

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:54:17 PM

I was able to finalize using firefox + windows7 64.
Thanks!
bulletproofd

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:18:57 PM

Hello Zefir,

I just successfully submitted my address through the system. The address is correct, but I don't see a place to put my name. It didn't say to put it with the address and I assumed there would be somewhere else to enter it. Any advice?

Cheers!
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 07:31:27 AM

Hello Zefir,

I just successfully submitted my address through the system. The address is correct, but I don't see a place to put my name. It didn't say to put it with the address and I assumed there would be somewhere else to enter it. Any advice?

Cheers!

PM'd.

tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 05:29:41 PM

can you send the chips to and board manufacture ?
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 09:08:56 PM

can you send the chips to and board manufacture ?

Yes, if there is a manufacturer missing in the list, please let me know and I'll add.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: