Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:28:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Avalon ASIC chip distribution  (Read 220118 times)
pro-bitcoin

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 12:52:47 PM

Yes, only point 3 is a threat and its not very likely. I only think a scammer with address in china and paying by paypal has no risk to fear at all. One would think that no buyer will abandon his chips and not order assembly but when i see how many billing addresses still are missing in my groupbuy i wonder what those buyers do.
On the other hand. Everyone that fears to be scammed only has to order the assembly before the chips arrive with burnin. Then he is safe. Of course only when you mark in your list when chips are wanted to be verified by burnin. I doubt that burnin would check for duplicate orders in his shop. Thats something the group buy organizers have to do.
Its only a risk that applies to lamers that dont order assembly before the chips arrive at burnin.

^This, highlighted by me.

Folks, the first batch of chips is around the corner, but there are still people who did not enter valid shipping data and locked it. Please note: without valid shipping destination, I can't send the chips to you but will skip your order and serve buyers from second batch. Please hurry!

Exciting! Wonder how much time it will cost for the other batches, I can't wait!

BTC address: 1FVaqniSgLgDcTAzXm9jKcBphskWhiz6T1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marto74

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 12:59:41 PM

I've got 100 Chips spread through Batches #3-#7 being shipped to burnin. Have not yet ordered through burnins website.

Looking for 25BTC if anyone wants to purchase. PM me.
Smiley
You'll get better deal if you sell oscillators for K16 design Wink

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
GandalfG

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

Dig your freedom

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 01:52:02 PM

I've got 100 Chips spread through Batches #3-#7 being shipped to burnin. Have not yet ordered through burnins website.

Looking for 25BTC if anyone wants to purchase. PM me.
Smiley
You'll get better deal if you sell oscillators for K16 design Wink
There are some shortage with simple 32MHz SMD oscillators ?

Want to say thanks? 16ragydppe9QFRVhrdwEUjgfMS7KCfEFGY
Toolhead

Activity: 178
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:50:22 PM

Any news about batch 2?

I´m so excited about the time between batch deliveries  Roll Eyes
Exoskeleton

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 03:24:57 PM

I should have posted this a little earlier but I received sample chips from zefir as a donation recently. I plan on sending a donation in return as soon as I have some spare funds again. Thank You Zefir!

First off, I can testify to the shipping time from zefir to the US. It took about 7 busniess days to reach my door on the west coast of the USA. There were no customs fees on delivery. I have never paid customs receiving from the EU, but I have shipped expensive things to the EU over the years and it seems like they always have to pay around 20% VAT or something on declared value when receiving from the US. I asked the post office if I were to have 170 more chips shipped to me if I would have to pay any customs or taxes. They told me no.

So shipping from zefir to the USA via basic swiss mail (then delivered by USPS in the states) should be very reasonable in cost (under $100), take about a week, and have zero customs or taxes on arrival. Because of this I see no reason for DHL ect. and the added fees and complexity they will impose. Im not worried about customs delays either. While Im 95% sure this should be the same for all US deliveries I can only speak to those in the USA. Perhaps people who received sample chips in other parts of the world could chime in on how long it took to receive chips via swiss post and their costs involved.
zefir (OP)
Donator

Activity: 919
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:10:26 PM

I should have posted this a little earlier but I received sample chips from zefir as a donation recently. I plan on sending a donation in return as soon as I have some spare funds again. Thank You Zefir!

First off, I can testify to the shipping time from zefir to the US. It took about 7 busniess days to reach my door on the west coast of the USA. There were no customs fees on delivery. I have never paid customs receiving from the EU, but I have shipped expensive things to the EU over the years and it seems like they always have to pay around 20% VAT or something on declared value when receiving from the US. I asked the post office if I were to have 170 more chips shipped to me if I would have to pay any customs or taxes. They told me no.

So shipping from zefir to the USA via basic swiss mail (then delivered by USPS in the states) should be very reasonable in cost (under $100), take about a week, and have zero customs or taxes on arrival. Because of this I see no reason for DHL ect. and the added fees and complexity they will impose. Im not worried about customs delays either. While Im 95% sure this should be the same for all US deliveries I can only speak to those in the USA. Perhaps people who received sample chips in other parts of the world could chime in on how long it took to receive chips via swiss post and their costs involved.

Thanks for the feedback.

Seems to be a matter of luck in the end. I noticed that most sample chips overseas arrived faster than in EU (like delivered after 5 business days in US an AUS, but e.g. took almost 3 weeks to get to burnin / Germany Huh). On the other hand, I had two cases where the mail was delayed in NY for a full week for no reason.

I'll try German DHL for the first batch and see how that works.

KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:40:25 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

Seems to be a matter of luck in the end. I noticed that most sample chips overseas arrived faster than in EU (like delivered after 5 business days in US an AUS, but e.g. took almost 3 weeks to get to burnin / Germany Huh). On the other hand, I had two cases where the mail was delayed in NY for a full week for no reason.

I'll try German DHL for the first batch and see how that works.

Coupla things:
1/ Did you have to pay the Swiss VAT at import? (8.9%?)
2/ German DHL sometimes goes through the receiving country's post office = not good for speed, unless you use Express DHL.
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:52:52 PM

Chips.

Got them delivered in the afternoon, too late for immediate re-shipment.

Package contains 4 smaller packages with 3x sealed ESD bag with 2600 chips each + 1x opened ESD bag with 2200 chips.

I was hoping to get them in reels and be able to cut them easily in smaller portions. With the 26x10 QFN48 trays they are delivered in, distribution becomes difficult. I tried hard to get empty reels to split them in smaller chunks, but could not find a distributor for low volumes. Now I'll have to ship them in small ESD bags - like I did with the samples.

It will be a long night for me to re-pack everything for distribution, hopefully ready in the morning to drive to Germany for shipping.

Cheers

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 08:57:36 PM

Chips.

Package contains 4 smaller packages with 3x sealed ESD bag with 2600 chips each + 1x opened ESD bag with 2200 chips.

I was hoping to get them in reels and be able to cut them easily in smaller portions. With the 26x10 QFN48 trays they are delivered in, distribution becomes difficult. I tried hard to get empty reels to split them in smaller chunks, but could not find a distributor for low volumes. Now I'll have to ship them in small ESD bags - like I did with the samples.

It will be a long night for me to re-pack everything for distribution, hopefully ready in the morning to drive to Germany for shipping.

Cheers

Congrats... and i wish you an attentive night so you dont make errors on the way.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
neslekkim

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:18:22 PM

You should have an vacuum packer, and these bags: http://www.la-va.com/esd-beutel.htm
so you could cut the trays, and vacuum pack them so they stay in place.
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:30:27 PM

You should have an vacuum packer, and these bags: http://www.la-va.com/esd-beutel.htm
so you could cut the trays, and vacuum pack them so they stay in place.

Yeah, considered that once. But the vaccum packers are not exactly cheap (like $1000), you can't get them at your store around the corner, and lastly I dropped the idea since it looked like an overkill for packing ~50 bags. In retrospect, it might turn out to have been a good investment...

neslekkim

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:36:23 PM

Yeah, considered that once. But the vaccum packers are not exactly cheap (like $1000), you can't get them at your store around the corner, and lastly I dropped the idea since it looked like an overkill for packing ~50 bags. In retrospect, it might turn out to have been a good investment...
I bought this machine, only to pack my hops.. Smiley
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 09:43:53 PM

In case you ship one of these trays you might go the avalon route. Put a piece of cardboard on the top and fasten it so that the chips dont hop out. And for smaller amounts of chips use a simple esd bag only.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
pennytrader

Activity: 254

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:06:53 PM

I registered through the website a couple of days ago. But I still haven't got any confirmation email. How long should I wait?

please donate to 1P3m2resGCP2o2sFX324DP1mfqHgGPA8BL
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:25:09 PM

I registered through the website a couple of days ago. But I still haven't got any confirmation email. How long should I wait?

Hm, what confirmation are you waiting for? If you entered the shipping data correct and locked it by signing with your address on file, you can download your receipt and that's it. There is no additional confirmation. Or you meant something different?

Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:32:41 PM

Chips.

Cheers

Simply beautiful!
pennytrader

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 12:12:51 AM

Hm, what confirmation are you waiting for? If you entered the shipping data correct and locked it by signing with your address on file, you can download your receipt and that's it. There is no additional confirmation. Or you meant something different?

I meant step 1. After registration (sign a random message), I still couldn't sign in. "Once your signature is verified, you can log in with the credentials you provided."

lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 12:17:36 AM

I meant step 1. After registration (sign a random message), I still couldn't sign in. "Once your signature is verified, you can log in with the credentials you provided."

You cannot sign or cannot login?

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
pennytrader

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 12:19:38 AM

I signed the message. I can't log in.

pennytrader

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 12:41:44 AM

I signed the message. I can't log in.

Well. It was my mistake. I tried to use my email to sign in. In fact, I should have used my forum user id to sign in.

Thank everybody for the help.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: