May 05, 2024, 05:03:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 6899 6900 6901 6902 6903 6904 6905 6906 6907 6908 6909 6910 6911 6912 6913 6914 6915 6916 6917 6918 6919 6920 6921 6922 6923 6924 6925 6926 6927 6928 6929 6930 6931 6932 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 [6949] 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 ... 33324 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372442 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
seleme
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 06:20:00 PM

Another reason for the dump today  Grin
Spain lost again Holland, and a lot of whales bet on Spain ( I know one of them). So whales need fiat to pay for their bet yesterday, of course then they dump BTC whatever its price.

That's just beyond stupid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:27:20 PM

This is looking like a 2012 after 2011 bubble, while the infrastructure was not there for the last year valuation ($1200 bubble ) I thought somehow the price will hold for it to catch up..... but it seems that I was really wrong.

I also thought that there will be a bubble between May and the half of June so I kept holding, I bought most of my coins between $10-100 and did cash just small amount of it at the December bubble, bet hell I wont be greedy and watch the price fall even further, I sold Half of my holdings yesterday, This will give me a free couple of years vacation...

Good luck with that (seems a bit short sighted to plan a 2 year vacation when BTC is going to go up a lot in the next few months), and let us know, in a couple of years (or even in six months) how you then feel about deciding to take that vacation with your BTC revenues.  Smiley

this is how I see your comment:

https://i.imgur.com/7hwdkuO.png

A guy does NOT need to be overly optimistic to believe that your selling below $600 now for a two year plan to spend it seems pretty short sighted... NOW on the other hand, if the price does NOT go above $600 in the coming 6 months, then I will applaud your foresight and/or luck.  

Until then, I believe that the odds are greatly against what you did.  The odds seem much better to cash out smaller amounts slowly, rather than cashing out 2 years worth at this point with a market that will soon be going up (in less than 6 months).  In other words, if is very likely that we will be seeing $800 within the next 6 months... but my investment does NOT count on it.. b/c I am likely to be in for a couple more years b/c I sense that BTC is amongst one of the better places to put your money, at the moment.  

Where are you going to put your cashed out funds in the coming two years to preserve its value?  IN the stock market?  IN gold?  In silver?  in a bank account? under your mattress?  Do you even have a plan?  I hope so.

you should think and talk only about your investment, each Bitcoin I own is worth $-400 , yes -400 this means that each Bitcoin has already paid $400 from trading... I bought most of my coins  between 10-100 so I already made 60 times what I invested (worst case scenario)when I sold, in fact with the trading profits I paid all my mortgages and debts, I resigned my daily job and now I will enjoy my 2 years of vacations.... I will make sure to not be worried and only enjoy with my small family, otherwise I still hold many coins, so if the next bubble will hit I will be a happy man.... in other words I am trying to not be a greedy bastard.

meanwhile, this is what I am up to:

Yes, and you failed/refused to answer my various questions concerning where you are putting that money and the likely direction of BTC in the next six months..   To me it sounds as if you got anxious... but you do NOT really  have much of a plan for where you are going to put your funds, and if you do have a plan, you are NOT disclosing it, here.... b/c you are too focused on NOT answering my questions... and just bragging about how you made the right decision and about how much money, you supposedly made by your wise choice to cash out at this particular time.

I have NO problem(s) with diversification of risk, and I have NO problem(s) with raking profits.  And, also I have NO problem with guys deciding what they want to do with their own money... but to me, it seems as if you clearly left easy money on the table with your seemingly short-sighted anxiety.

In this regard, it just seems a bit lacking of perspective of the likely direction of BTC compared with other assets to rake half the BTC stash at this point, even if half the stash will provide 2 years of fun in the sun for you.

By the way, there are others, besides you, who have quit their jobs and do NOT really need to work for a living or ONLY work a small amount..  based on various investments that they have made over the years.   

tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:34:30 PM

This is looking like a 2012 after 2011 bubble, while the infrastructure was not there for the last year valuation ($1200 bubble ) I thought somehow the price will hold for it to catch up..... but it seems that I was really wrong.

I also thought that there will be a bubble between May and the half of June so I kept holding, I bought most of my coins between $10-100 and did cash just small amount of it at the December bubble, bet hell I wont be greedy and watch the price fall even further, I sold Half of my holdings yesterday, This will give me a free couple of years vacation...

Good luck with that (seems a bit short sighted to plan a 2 year vacation when BTC is going to go up a lot in the next few months), and let us know, in a couple of years (or even in six months) how you then feel about deciding to take that vacation with your BTC revenues.  Smiley

this is how I see your comment:

https://i.imgur.com/7hwdkuO.png

A guy does NOT need to be overly optimistic to believe that your selling below $600 now for a two year plan to spend it seems pretty short sighted... NOW on the other hand, if the price does NOT go above $600 in the coming 6 months, then I will applaud your foresight and/or luck.  

Until then, I believe that the odds are greatly against what you did.  The odds seem much better to cash out smaller amounts slowly, rather than cashing out 2 years worth at this point with a market that will soon be going up (in less than 6 months).  In other words, if is very likely that we will be seeing $800 within the next 6 months... but my investment does NOT count on it.. b/c I am likely to be in for a couple more years b/c I sense that BTC is amongst one of the better places to put your money, at the moment.  

Where are you going to put your cashed out funds in the coming two years to preserve its value?  IN the stock market?  IN gold?  In silver?  in a bank account? under your mattress?  Do you even have a plan?  I hope so.

you should think and talk only about your investment, each Bitcoin I own is worth $-400 , yes -400 this means that each Bitcoin has already paid $400 from trading... I bought most of my coins  between 10-100 so I already made 60 times what I invested (worst case scenario)when I sold, in fact with the trading profits I paid all my mortgages and debts, I resigned my daily job and now I will enjoy my 2 years of vacations.... I will make sure to not be worried and only enjoy with my small family, otherwise I still hold many coins, so if the next bubble will hit I will be a happy man.... in other words I am trying to not be a greedy bastard.

meanwhile, this is what I am up to:

. but you do NOT really  have much of a plan for where you are going

wtf? he is running to the hills, why so annoying?

morrowind, elder scrolls?

get a life.
meanig

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:38:11 PM

Are you keeping your vacation stash in a euro area bank and if so are you worried about the EU wide stress tests coming up this year.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:42:30 PM

get a life.

He said that he cashed out half of his BTC yesterday b/c he has a plan to play with the proceeds for two years.  I said that his plan seems to be very short sighted, especially given the likely direction of BTC in the next six months.  Therefore I asked him where he planned to put his investments, and he failed/refused to answer, and instead stuck to his original framing about how wonderful he is., etc etc etc.. for making so much money, while he left quite a bit on the table through neglect and/or lack of foresight, so it seems.

other posters mentioned morrowind and elder scrolls.... b/c I do NOT know WTF are morrowind and elder scrolls... even though those topics may be relevant.   Cheesy

Regarding, "get a life"  Yes, we each have lives and we choose how to spend our lives, and part of my life, at the moment includes posting on this forum and responding to relevant issues... and attempting to contribute to the forum (thread) in a productive direction.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:42:43 PM

Are you keeping your vacation stash in a euro area bank and if so are you worried about the EU wide stress tests coming up this year.

only if you have more than €100K in one bank account.
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:43:42 PM

Just remindin y'all: The monkey is still planning to reverse his daily basis btc short to a long position 3 days hence.

Monkey advises holders to hold, traders to trade, and haters to hate, that the cup be filled.  Drinking comes later.  He said this while seated in lotus position, and I could almost have sworn that there was a 2cm air gap between him and the floor.

thanks for your monkey tips! we all appreciate it! but what about people who are thinking about reloading? if the monkey reverse his short to a long position, i assume its a good entry point right?

also what's your take on the auction? do you think the market misinterpret its meaning ? as the coins are clean, it may be an excellent entry point for companies or institutional / financial firms - would they not pay a premium for these coins?
Dragonkiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:43:47 PM

get a life.

He said that he cashed out half of his BTC yesterday b/c he has a plan to play with the proceeds for two years.  I said that his plan seems to be very short sighted, especially given the likely direction of BTC in the next six months.  Therefore I asked him where he planned to put his investments, and he failed/refused to answer, and instead stuck to his original framing about how wonderful he is., etc etc etc.. for making so much money, while he left quite a bit on the table through neglect and/or lack of foresight, so it seems.

other posters mentioned morrowind and elder scrolls.... b/c I do NOT know WTF are morrowind and elder scrolls... even though those topics may be relevant.   Cheesy

There is always a trade-off between current enjoyment and future enjoyment. Different people have different discount rates.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:46:46 PM

get a life.

He said that he cashed out half of his BTC yesterday b/c he has a plan to play with the proceeds for two years.  I said that his plan seems to be very short sighted, especially given the likely direction of BTC in the next six months.  Therefore I asked him where he planned to put his investments, and he failed/refused to answer, and instead stuck to his original framing about how wonderful he is., etc etc etc.. for making so much money, while he left quite a bit on the table through neglect and/or lack of foresight, so it seems.

other posters mentioned morrowind and elder scrolls.... b/c I do NOT know WTF are morrowind and elder scrolls... even though those topics may be relevant.   Cheesy

Regarding, "get a life"  Yes, we each have lives and we choose how to spend our lives, and part of my life, at the moment includes posting on this forum and responding to relevant issues... and attempting to contribute to the forum (thread) in a productive direction.

I have it in my bank account where I pay my bills and pay for goods with €.... 
dakota neat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:47:32 PM

Nice buying opportunity. I predict an uptrend starting next week, which will cut through magic 666 like butter and leveling out at 800 until middle of july.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 06:51:29 PM

the spring is loaded, extreme bitonic energy building, get on the rocket ship, get on now!
meanig

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:53:38 PM

only if you have more than €100K in one bank account.

My advice to you is spend it quick and enjoy.

Force majeure will become a common phrase after the stress tests are done.
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:54:26 PM

the spring is loaded, extreme bitonic energy building, get on the rocket ship, get on now!

Right!?  Looking at Bitcoinwisdom this is looking eerily similar to September 29th, 2013.  I would almost say this drop is crazy bullish based on the way bubble cycles work.  This little dip, test, or whatever you want to call it, is just what we need to spring the launch to the moon.   Grin
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:54:50 PM

Look what I found.  Grin

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:57:40 PM

get a life.

He said that he cashed out half of his BTC yesterday b/c he has a plan to play with the proceeds for two years.  I said that his plan seems to be very short sighted, especially given the likely direction of BTC in the next six months.  Therefore I asked him where he planned to put his investments, and he failed/refused to answer, and instead stuck to his original framing about how wonderful he is., etc etc etc.. for making so much money, while he left quite a bit on the table through neglect and/or lack of foresight, so it seems.

other posters mentioned morrowind and elder scrolls.... b/c I do NOT know WTF are morrowind and elder scrolls... even though those topics may be relevant.   Cheesy

There is always a trade-off between current enjoyment and future enjoyment. Different people have different discount rates.

Actually I have NO problems with people making choices for themselves about when to pull out or what is their risk/diversification tolerance(s).

MMItech's plan, on the other hand, seems to assume that his risks would be better diversified with half of his BTC stash in some NON-BTC investment (and spending it), but he never really stated what that was. He merely stated that he was going to spend his money for two years, which does seem like a form of blind bragging. 

And I was merely attempting to question what was his plan, and maybe I could have asked my question(s) more clearly or more politely (but seemingly bragging responses do kind of irk me a bit)? 

Anyhow, if one assumes that BTC is going to be stagnant for two years, then it would be prudent to pull out two years worth of spending,  but a prognosis of flat or down turned BTC prices seems a pretty improbably direction of BTC prices, and just an excited utterance to do something based on emotions of the moment rather than really having a decent plan (or at least sharing aspects of the plan wiht us).... ...

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:00:58 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:01:37 PM

get a life.

The best of my current bank accounts only pays about 1% interest, and possibly you could get 3 or 4% if you have some kind of premium bank account and if that is what floats your boat, then who am I to say?

mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:03:06 PM

get a life.

Actually I have NO problems with people making choices for themselves about when to pull out or what is their risk/diversification tolerance(s).

MMItech's plan, on the other hand, seems to assume that his risks would be better diversified with half of his BTC stash in some NON-BTC investment (and spending it), but he never really stated what that was. He merely stated that he was going to spend his money for two years, which does seem like a form of blind bragging. 

And I was merely attempting to question what was his plan, and maybe I could have asked my question(s) more clearly or more politely (but seemingly bragging responses do kind of irk me a bit)? 

Anyhow, if one assumes that BTC is going to be stagnant for two years, then it would be prudent to pull out two years worth of spending,  but a prognosis of flat or down turned BTC prices seems a pretty improbably direction of BTC prices, and just an excited utterance to do something based on emotions of the moment rather than really having a decent plan (or at least sharing aspects of the plan wiht us).... ...

I follow a risk management where bitcoin failing and going to zero is a possibility. and again I did answer your question but you seem to be ignoring it....
ChrisML

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:03:10 PM

Get to da CHOPPA, get to it, NOAW.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

get a life.

The best of my current bank accounts only pays about 1% interest, and possibly you could get 3 or 4% if you have some kind of premium bank account and if that is what floats your boat, then who am I to say?

BTW, I dont take the interest that the bank gives me, this is against my believes and it is called riba
Pages: « 1 ... 6899 6900 6901 6902 6903 6904 6905 6906 6907 6908 6909 6910 6911 6912 6913 6914 6915 6916 6917 6918 6919 6920 6921 6922 6923 6924 6925 6926 6927 6928 6929 6930 6931 6932 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 [6949] 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 ... 33324 »
  Print  

Jump to: