May 05, 2024, 11:07:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 6900 6901 6902 6903 6904 6905 6906 6907 6908 6909 6910 6911 6912 6913 6914 6915 6916 6917 6918 6919 6920 6921 6922 6923 6924 6925 6926 6927 6928 6929 6930 6931 6932 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 6949 [6950] 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 7000 ... 33324 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372327 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Gingermod

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:06:50 PM

. but you do NOT really  have much of a plan for where you are going

wtf? he is running to the hills, why so annoying?

morrowind, elder scrolls?

get a life.

He said that he cashed out half of his BTC yesterday b/c he has a plan to play with the proceeds for two years.  I said that his plan seems to be very short sighted, especially given the likely direction of BTC in the next six months.  Therefore I asked him where he planned to put his investments, and he failed/refused to answer, and instead stuck to his original framing about how wonderful he is., etc etc etc.. for making so much money, while he left quite a bit on the table through neglect and/or lack of foresight, so it seems.

other posters mentioned morrowind and elder scrolls.... b/c I do NOT know WTF are morrowind and elder scrolls... even though those topics may be relevant.   Cheesy

Regarding, "get a life"  Yes, we each have lives and we choose how to spend our lives, and part of my life, at the moment includes posting on this forum and responding to relevant issues... and attempting to contribute to the forum (thread) in a productive direction.

I have it in my bank account where I pay my bills and pay for goods with €.... 

The best of my current bank accounts only pays about 1% interest, and possibly you could get 3 or 4% if you have some kind of premium bank account and if that is what floats your boat, then who am I to say?

BTW, I dont take the interest that the bank gives me, this is against my believes and it is called riba

Pretty stupid of you.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:08:28 PM

get a life.

He said that he cashed out half of his BTC yesterday b/c he has a plan to play with the proceeds for two years.  I said that his plan seems to be very short sighted, especially given the likely direction of BTC in the next six months.  Therefore I asked him where he planned to put his investments, and he failed/refused to answer, and instead stuck to his original framing about how wonderful he is., etc etc etc.. for making so much money, while he left quite a bit on the table through neglect and/or lack of foresight, so it seems.

other posters mentioned morrowind and elder scrolls.... b/c I do NOT know WTF are morrowind and elder scrolls... even though those topics may be relevant.   Cheesy

Regarding, "get a life"  Yes, we each have lives and we choose how to spend our lives, and part of my life, at the moment includes posting on this forum and responding to relevant issues... and attempting to contribute to the forum (thread) in a productive direction.

The best of my current bank accounts only pays about 1% interest, and possibly you could get 3 or 4% if you have some kind of premium bank account and if that is what floats your boat, then who am I to say?

BTW, I dont take the interest that the bank gives me, this is against my believes and it is called riba

Pretty stupid of you.

yea sure, being Muslim is stupid Wink
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:17:43 PM

get a life.

There is always a trade-off between current enjoyment and future enjoyment. Different people have different discount rates.

Actually I have NO problems with people making choices for themselves about when to pull out or what is their risk/diversification tolerance(s).

MMItech's plan, on the other hand, seems to assume that his risks would be better diversified with half of his BTC stash in some NON-BTC investment (and spending it), but he never really stated what that was. He merely stated that he was going to spend his money for two years, which does seem like a form of blind bragging.  

And I was merely attempting to question what was his plan, and maybe I could have asked my question(s) more clearly or more politely (but seemingly bragging responses do kind of irk me a bit)?  

Anyhow, if one assumes that BTC is going to be stagnant for two years, then it would be prudent to pull out two years worth of spending,  but a prognosis of flat or down turned BTC prices seems a pretty improbably direction of BTC prices, and just an excited utterance to do something based on emotions of the moment rather than really having a decent plan (or at least sharing aspects of the plan wiht us).... ...

I follow a risk management where bitcoin failing and going to zero is a possibility. and again I did answer your question but you seem to be ignoring it....

In a subsequent post you answered more of my question(s), and I have NO intent to ignore any of your response (on purpose), to the extent that any details are provided.  

Additionally, I have NO problem with each of us establishing a plan with which we are comfortable.  I am NOT really very clear about your plan, and I do NOT necessarily need to know many details - especially, if you are reluctant to share such.  Further, I have made my various points of concern regarding what I understood about your plan in my previous posts, and if you are comfortable that your plan is adequate, then so be it, for you.

By the way, I agree with you point about the considerations being greatly different for investors depending upon their average BTC buy-in price... and a guy in the red will be considering the matter differently from a guy in the black and a guy who is in the black by 10% will be thinking differently from a buy who is in the black by 4,000% or some other such number.  I do NOT concede that percentage ahead or behind completely changes the analysis, but it does bring additional considerations to any such analysis about how to proceed.

Gianluca95
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196

Reputation first.

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:20:23 PM

Heavy manipulation going on Cheesy

Manipulation is normal in Bitcoin, but we need to control that.

No, Bitcoin, actually is Manipulation !

A simple investor, which have only 10.000 BTC can manipulate market with a great facility !

A year ago, about 100,000BTCs where needed for such an achievement.
By this time next year, only about 1,000BTCs will also do the same job.
By 2016...

By 2016 there will be many manipulator, because for the law of numbers, there will be suffice only 1 BTC  Grin Grin
phosphorush

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:22:18 PM

by 2100 1 Satoshi will be enough!
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:30:59 PM

Heavy manipulation going on Cheesy

Manipulation is normal in Bitcoin, but we need to control that.

No, Bitcoin, actually is Manipulation !

A simple investor, which have only 10.000 BTC can manipulate market with a great facility !

A year ago, about 100,000BTCs where needed for such an achievement.
By this time next year, only about 1,000BTCs will also do the same job.
By 2016...

By 2016 there will be many manipulator, because for the law of numbers, there will be suffice only 1 BTC  Grin Grin

many manipulators a manipulator don't make
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:32:40 PM

get a life.

Regarding, "get a life"  Yes, we each have lives and we choose how to spend our lives, and part of my life, at the moment includes posting on this forum and responding to relevant issues... and attempting to contribute to the forum (thread) in a productive direction.

Pretty stupid of you.

I would NOT call any body stupid or their actions stupid b/c of religion, yet Gingermod seems to make a point (whether sufficiently sensitive or NOT).

I suppose that distinctions can be made - however, investing into bitcoin involves many similar financial principles as loaning money, especially given its limited supply.  You buy 100 BTC in 2012 for $10, and then you sell them in 2014 for $600.  The value of BTC has appreciated.. and can be considered a form of interest that is shared by the whole BTC community.

Anyhow, it does seem like your religion may be affecting your considerations (in possibly internally contradicting ways), and maybe also that is part of the reason that you are reluctant to get into specifics concerning your having had cashed out half of your stash to cover a two year period of time, when likely more financially prudent approaches could have been made and or considered.

Also, I am speculating somewhat that your religion may be causing you to fail and/or refuse to make some detailed and potentially internally contradictory analysis regarding your financial planning concerning bitcoin.

Again, that is for you to decide those boundaries; however, when you are posting on a board like this, hopefully you realize that many of us are considering these matters without RIBA type influences in our analyses (and investment considerations).

Gingermod

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:35:22 PM

get a life.

Pretty stupid of you.

Yes you are an idiot.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:39:27 PM

I would NOT call any body stupid or their actions stupid b/c of religion
Joining cults isn't an issue of intelligence. It's more a reflection of emotional health vs injury.
ChrisML

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:39:40 PM

Even here we are talking about religion. FML.

Religion=hate spreading
Religion=war
religion=racism.

Making choices based on religion on a stock/crypto market, that is a whole New level of stupidity.

Goodluck going bankrupt.

Small hint: religion has brought shit for hundreds of years, that wont change a bit Smiley
phosphorush

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:45:01 PM

God told me to buy BTC, Satoshi Nakamoto was His tool to make the intelligent design of the blockchain! Amen!
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:46:05 PM

Bitcoin cultists accusing religious people of being cultists? At least when it comes to religion, people are usually indoctrinated from birth and have massive social pressures (there are hardly people who convert). Now becoming a cultist of your own free will, that's something else.

Also, I don't think there is any disadvantage in investment being Muslim, what does it matter if he gets 0% instead of 1% interest? Nothing.
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:51:01 PM

Even here we are talking about religion. FML.

Religion=hate spreading
Religion=war
religion=racism.

Making choices based on religion on a stock/crypto market, that is a whole New level of stupidity.

Goodluck going bankrupt.

Small hint: religion has brought shit for hundreds of years, that wont change a bit Smiley

Small hint: today's religion is the idolatry of money. Printing money may have caused more death than any religion. During the 20th century, if we wouldnt have been off the gold standard, we would have had way shorter wars, way less debt and way less environmental problem.

People have been bashing religion since the 19th century. It's old news. Its not a rebel act anymore. Everyone is doing it.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:51:08 PM

get a life.

Regarding, "get a life"  Yes, we each have lives and we choose how to spend our lives, and part of my life, at the moment includes posting on this forum and responding to relevant issues... and attempting to contribute to the forum (thread) in a productive direction.

Pretty stupid of you.

I would NOT call any body stupid or their actions stupid b/c of religion, yet Gingermod seems to make a point (whether sufficiently sensitive or NOT).

I suppose that distinctions can be made - however, investing into bitcoin involves many similar financial principles as loaning money, especially given its limited supply.  You buy 100 BTC in 2012 for $10, and then you sell them in 2014 for $600.  The value of BTC has appreciated.. and can be considered a form of interest-1 that is shared by the whole BTC community.

Anyhow, it does seem like your religion may be affecting your considerations (in possibly internally contradicting ways), and maybe also that is part of the reason that you are reluctant to get into specifics concerning your having had cashed out half of your stash to cover a two year period of time, when likely more financially prudent approaches could have been made and or considered.

Also, I am speculating somewhat that your religion may be causing you to fail and/or refuse to make some detailed and potentially internally contradictory analysis regarding your financial planning concerning bitcoin. -2

Again, that is for you to decide those boundaries; however, when you are posting on a board like this, hopefully you realize that many of us are considering these matters without RIBA type influences in our analyses (and investment considerations).

1- nope, you are wrong that is called supply and demand and not interest.

interest is when you need $100K to buy a house and I agree on giving you a loan with a condition to give me back $120K... the 20K is interest and I don't believe in it, what I could do is to buy the house and give it  in a lease way, so you live in it while I am the owner for the next 20-25 years until you pay your debts and become the owner. and this is where leasing come from BTW.

2-I firstly use my logic and then the values that I took from my religion ( I am not a Muslim fanatic BTW, I am far from being a Muslim when it comes to sharia but I still have many values from being an Arab Muslim ) 

gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:51:47 PM

This is a nice read for those who do not grasp the issue of concentration of power into one mining pool.

http://hackingdistributed.com/2014/06/13/time-for-a-hard-bitcoin-fork/

Excerpts:

But the fact is, this is a monumental event. The Bitcoin narrative, based on decentralization and distributed trust, is no more. True, the Bitcoin economy is about as healthy as it was yesterday, and the Bitcoin price will likely remain afloat for quite a while. But the Bitcoin economy and price are trailing indicators. The core pillar of the Bitcoin value equation has collapsed.

Worse, GHash has a well-known track record of actually engaging in double-spend attacks even when they did not command a majority of the hashing power. GHash used its hashing power to attack a gambling site that accepted 0-confirmation transactions. In essence, they would make a bet, as in red-or-black in roulette, and if the virtual roulette wheel spin came out the wrong way, they would cancel their losing bet and place a new one. This is outright theft: GHash stole from a gambling operator.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:53:36 PM

Im actually pretty surprised that the process have declined over the past few days like they have. We have had mainly really good news recently.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:54:31 PM

This is a nice read for those who do not grasp the issue of concentration of power into one mining pool.

http://hackingdistributed.com/2014/06/13/time-for-a-hard-bitcoin-fork/

Excerpts:

But the fact is, this is a monumental event. The Bitcoin narrative, based on decentralization and distributed trust, is no more. True, the Bitcoin economy is about as healthy as it was yesterday, and the Bitcoin price will likely remain afloat for quite a while. But the Bitcoin economy and price are trailing indicators. The core pillar of the Bitcoin value equation has collapsed.

Worse, GHash has a well-known track record of actually engaging in double-spend attacks even when they did not command a majority of the hashing power. GHash used its hashing power to attack a gambling site that accepted 0-confirmation transactions. In essence, they would make a bet, as in red-or-black in roulette, and if the virtual roulette wheel spin came out the wrong way, they would cancel their losing bet and place a new one. This is outright theft: GHash stole from a gambling operator.
I was led to believe by the starry-eyed bull tards that it's all nothing but FUD.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:55:12 PM

Breaking News: More crash to come. Stay tuned for more  Cheesy

I love how you don't mention a time period so when we will go down a minute or a year from now you will quote yourself 3 times with some dumb smileys to show us how amazing your predictions are.
Welcome to my ignore list. Buy bye.

For those i think i only put bears on ignore, it's not my fault most of them are such idiots.

500 in 2 weeks, is that not a specific time-frame? It was a daring prediction at that time( 680) you whining twat!
Because a bull's delusion is not considered an idiocy..  Roll Eyes

Unfortunately for you, we never did hit 500 Undecided

I liked him better in pulp fiction
smiley123

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:00:38 PM

For anyone that can understand Italian, here is a youtube of a bitcoin hearing by the Italian government.  I think the live part is over, but this just happened today.  If it still says "live" then you will need to rewind and skip the history part to get to the hearing.

Diretta canale satellitare della Camera dei deputati:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5h-KfwC4aI
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:01:01 PM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 6900 6901 6902 6903 6904 6905 6906 6907 6908 6909 6910 6911 6912 6913 6914 6915 6916 6917 6918 6919 6920 6921 6922 6923 6924 6925 6926 6927 6928 6929 6930 6931 6932 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 6949 [6950] 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 7000 ... 33324 »
  Print  

Jump to: