May 13, 2024, 05:54:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 12821 12822 12823 12824 12825 12826 12827 12828 12829 12830 12831 12832 12833 12834 12835 12836 12837 12838 12839 12840 12841 12842 12843 12844 12845 12846 12847 12848 12849 12850 12851 12852 12853 12854 12855 12856 12857 12858 12859 12860 12861 12862 12863 12864 12865 12866 12867 12868 12869 12870 [12871] 12872 12873 12874 12875 12876 12877 12878 12879 12880 12881 12882 12883 12884 12885 12886 12887 12888 12889 12890 12891 12892 12893 12894 12895 12896 12897 12898 12899 12900 12901 12902 12903 12904 12905 12906 12907 12908 12909 12910 12911 12912 12913 12914 12915 12916 12917 12918 12919 12920 12921 ... 33345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26382522 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Mayer Amschel

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:44:20 PM

ETN with nice volume again  Cool

Still open?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TerraMaster

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:50:25 PM

I had a feeling I would wake up to where we were on Friday lol. And no real surprise Greece getting another bail out.

If we can hold 280+ that's still decent.
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:51:06 PM

ron paul makes a good point why bitcoin would not be a good replacement for the failing 'in god we trust' to print and manipulate dollar, he says: "On reason Greece has been forced to seek bailouts from its EU partners is that Greece ceded control over its currency when it joined the European Union." http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2015/july/12/greece-today-america-tomorrow/

bitcoin would be just like the euro.. it would not work. only a metals backed currency will work as a replacement for the broken dollar 'interest to infinity' debt slavery system.

here is a scenario that bitcoiners could possibly face.. as the dollar is about to be replace during the "big block of cheese day" when all the cheese is turned into cheesecakes the cheesecakes will be worth less in the new currency. it will be the same for bitcoin because bitcoins will be priced in dollars but dollars will be worth less in the new currency. therefore bitcoins will receive the same haircut as those people who have their cheese turned into cheesecakes.

i still own a lot of bitcoins and i do not believe it will just die... but i no longer believe bitcoins is going to suddenly become some worldwide reserve currency and we are all suddenly going to be buying boats.. the state of Texas is building a gold depository, and not a bitcoin depository... they are demanding their gold from the fed. we will be able to trade metals for bitcoin and vice versa i am sure, but it will be metals that have the huge value more than bitcoin.

Things will not go suddenly.
We are already having an 8 year journey (publicizing of the whitepaper)

But I wish you good luck sending gold through a wire Grin

like i said, we will be able to trade our metals for cryptos... and i believe we will trade our metals for A LOT of cryptos ... we can trade our metals for the new metals backed currency at a depository and buy cryptos from an exchange just like we do today. by using a metals backed currency we are not limited by an unconstitutional cashless society.

But what benefit would (monetary) metal have compared to crypto? I only see downsides and own both.

aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:54:43 PM

ron paul makes a good point why bitcoin would not be a good replacement for the failing 'in god we trust' to print and manipulate dollar, he says: "On reason Greece has been forced to seek bailouts from its EU partners is that Greece ceded control over its currency when it joined the European Union." http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2015/july/12/greece-today-america-tomorrow/

bitcoin would be just like the euro.. it would not work. only a metals backed currency will work as a replacement for the broken dollar 'interest to infinity' debt slavery system.

here is a scenario that bitcoiners could possibly face.. as the dollar is about to be replace during the "big block of cheese day" when all the cheese is turned into cheesecakes the cheesecakes will be worth less in the new currency. it will be the same for bitcoin because bitcoins will be priced in dollars but dollars will be worth less in the new currency. therefore bitcoins will receive the same haircut as those people who have their cheese turned into cheesecakes.

i still own a lot of bitcoins and i do not believe it will just die... but i no longer believe bitcoins is going to suddenly become some worldwide reserve currency and we are all suddenly going to be buying boats.. the state of Texas is building a gold depository, and not a bitcoin depository... they are demanding their gold from the fed. we will be able to trade metals for bitcoin and vice versa i am sure, but it will be metals that have the huge value more than bitcoin.

like i said, we will be able to trade our metals for cryptos... and i believe we will trade our metals for A LOT of cryptos ... we can trade our metals for the new metals backed currency at a depository and buy cryptos from an exchange just like we do today. by using a metals backed currency we are not limited by an unconstitutional cashless society.

But what benefit would (monetary) metal have compared to crypto? I only see downsides and own both.

metals will ALWAYS FOREVER be worth something.. while paper (bonds, stocks, etc) and computer digits can go to zero....
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:01:32 PM

Coin
Explanation
hmmkay

Activity: 306

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:11:20 PM

metals will ALWAYS FOREVER be worth something.. while paper (bonds, stocks, etc) and computer digits can go to zero....

"Paper gold" market is rigged. There is far more gold on paper than there are real gold bars/coins etc.
Gold coins being traded 'on the street' will get inpurities/weighed down with time, we've tried that before.

Good luck with metals.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10241

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:12:16 PM

I had a feeling I would wake up to where we were on Friday lol. And no real surprise Greece getting another bail out.

If we can hold 280+ that's still decent.

in retrospect, more or less, we have been in an 18 month bear market in bitcoinlandia, and then in the past 6 months plus, we have had pretty much flat btc prices in the $200 range.  Surely it may take some time before prices will sustainably and forever advance out of and beyond the $200 zone.
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:24:04 PM

"Paper gold" market is rigged. There is far more gold on paper than there are real gold bars/coins etc.
Gold coins being traded 'on the street' will get inpurities/weighed down with time, we've tried that before.

Good luck with metals.

yes.. for now. because the central banks are buying and hoarding metals atm.. the point here is you guys think bitcoin is going to be the replacement currency for the failing usd and suddenly we will all be buying boats... in my scenario: when the usd finally fails there will be a bank holiday and capital controls, a new currency will be rolled out that will be metals backed. the old fiat usd will be exchanged for the new currency and our bitcoins will be revalued in the new metals backed currency. .. we wont be buying boats by holding bitcoins .. instead we will take another huge loss like many of us have during the big pump and dump .

we wont be trading 'gold coins' on the street. we will trade our metals into a depository for the new metals backed currency. and we will trade our bitcoins for a lot less of the new currency than what they are worth in fiat dollars today. we're going to take a haircut just like holders of fiat usd. you are betting that bitcoins will replace the fiat "in god we trust" for the fed to print and manipulate dollar and it's not going to .
dakota neat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:24:15 PM

why don't you just give up, GOVERMENT? leave fiat scam now.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:33:53 PM

aaaand more abusive bullshit

coinbase goes down , price up $6 , back up , right back down immediately

it's almost as though all of the exchanges act in clandestine collusion to take turns screwing their customers as severely as possible

nothing but fuck you pumps and fuck you dumps bulltrap beartrap bulltrap beartrap why the hell can't we act like *every other* traded commodity and currency on the planet

is it really too much to ask that we have honest markets and manipulators not raping the market ? i guess that is a lot to ask

ps can we just go ahead and ban NLC's IP address ? that would be a lot easier than deleting their daily puke and banning each new account for the 5000th time at least make them leave their basement and find a starbucks wifi to continue their incessant harassment of this forum (then keep banning those until they literally have to commute to keep trolling)

Price hovering in upper 280's. Could be a lot worse.

Just report the posts and they are deleted in seconds.
hmmkay

Activity: 306

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:34:03 PM

Good luck with metals.

yes.. for now. because the central banks are buying and hoarding metals atm.. the point here is you guys think bitcoin is going to be the replacement currency for the failing usd and suddenly we will all be buying boats... in my scenario: when the usd finally fails there will be a bank holiday and capital controls, a new currency will be rolled out that will be metals backed. the old fiat usd will be exchanged for the new currency and our bitcoins will be revalued in the new metals backed currency. .. we wont be buying boats by holding bitcoins .. instead we will take another huge loss like many of us have during the big pump and dump .

we wont be trading 'gold coins' on the street. we will trade our metals into a depository for the new metals backed currency. and we will trade our bitcoins for a lot less of the new currency than what they are worth in fiat dollars today. we're going to take a haircut just like holders of fiat usd. you are betting that bitcoins will replace the fiat "in god we trust" for the fed to print and manipulate dollar and it's not going to .

The metal-backed currency requires trust. Something banks/politicians have squandered the last millennia.
If people learn about an asset that doesn't require trust, and is available worldwide (bitcoin) they will flock to it.
Not saying it will replace every day money immediately, but it might at the end. Why would you start trusting anything else?
About the haircuts, anything of value will get haircuts, that's how the government rolls, be it fiat, crypto, metals, real estate etc.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:35:20 PM

But what benefit would (monetary) metal have compared to crypto? I only see downsides
It's a handy edge if and when the power grid craps out.
Yeah, cell phones & tablets are portable and have batteries... but those batteries can't get charged off the grid [solar]
in 99% of all cases.
Gradually, this will change for the better-but slowly.
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:37:38 PM

This is nonsense

Let say now 1 BTC = 1 USD = 1 burger. When USD collapses and is replaced, that becomes 1 BTC = 100 USD = 1 New-USD = 1 burger. BTC holders can still enjoy a burger, while USD holders can only have 1/100 of a burger.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:01:56 PM

Coin
Explanation
Tony Abbot

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:06:37 PM

The question is: will they get it?

Bitcoin is not some magical fairy dust, but at it's core it is extremely disruptive and will change a lot of things we can't even fathom yet. I wouldn't listen to too many old-school thinkers on this topic, they just don't have the foresight to see what bitcoin means. Plus they mostly also have vested interests in the current system.

It's been said sooo many times before: ZOOM OUT!

Right Fucken on.  Zoomle out and hodle
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:12:06 PM

Good luck with metals.

The metal-backed currency requires trust. Something banks/politicians have squandered the last millennia.
If people learn about an asset that doesn't require trust, and is available worldwide (bitcoin) they will flock to it.
Not saying it will replace every day money immediately, but it might at the end. Why would you start trusting anything else?
About the haircuts, anything of value will get haircuts, that's how the government rolls, be it fiat, crypto, metals, real estate etc.

metals have a intrinsic value while bitcoins does not. i no longer trust bitcoin because it is, in my opinion, manipulated by whales and exchanges.your in the club or your not... their are predators out hunting for some poor newb who invests a bunch money into the scheme while they pump it and then they turn around and dump on them causing them to fear and dump their coins at a loss for their gain.. you trying to claim that is a system we can trust ?? this is my new opinion about bitcoin.

the haircuts come from bank accounts, and then from the reset of the value of things into the new metals backed currency. if you own metals then you will trade the metals for the full value of the metal for the new metals backed currency. in my opinion the govy would prefer their citizens to buy metals. the reason they would want citizens to buy metals is because it keeps those metals in the country, and those metals will eventually be returned to the govy when the citizens trade them into the depository in exchange for the metals backed currency... all the citizens who are stacking act as a giant savings account of metals for the govy .. the govy doesnt want or need bitcoins, they want and need metals.

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:12:08 PM

The loss of control you are talking about occurs as much with metals as it does with Bitcoin.

And of course Texas is asking for gold, not Bitcoin from the fed because the fed is (supposedly) holding gold for Texas and not Bitcoin. (Though the point you were trying to make (Texas would prefer gold over Bitcoin) is likely also true, it is not directly relevant).
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:16:11 PM

Because that worked out so well last time.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 04:18:06 PM

But what benefit would (monetary) metal have compared to crypto? I only see downsides
It's a handy edge if and when the power grid craps out.
Yeah, cell phones & tablets are portable and have batteries... but those batteries can't get charged off the grid [solar]
in 99% of all cases.
Gradually, this will change for the better-but slowly.

Bitcoin remains dependent on electricity and the internet.
As do many other things, precious metals are not among those things.

Precious metals are money to more people in the world than is bitcoin.  This may not always be true.

A dual system with both would be better than either alone.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:18:53 PM

metals have a intrinsic value while bitcoins does not. i no longer trust bitcoin because it is, in my opinion, manipulated by whales and exchanges.your in the club or your not... their are predators out hunting for some poor newb who invests a bunch money into the scheme while they pump it and then they turn around and dump on them causing them to fear and dump their coins at a loss for their gain.. you trying to claim that is a system we can trust ?? this is my new opinion about bitcoin.

There is no such thing as intrinsic value.

Gold's utility value is pretty low and its current price is mostly speculative. Good luck with that.
Pages: « 1 ... 12821 12822 12823 12824 12825 12826 12827 12828 12829 12830 12831 12832 12833 12834 12835 12836 12837 12838 12839 12840 12841 12842 12843 12844 12845 12846 12847 12848 12849 12850 12851 12852 12853 12854 12855 12856 12857 12858 12859 12860 12861 12862 12863 12864 12865 12866 12867 12868 12869 12870 [12871] 12872 12873 12874 12875 12876 12877 12878 12879 12880 12881 12882 12883 12884 12885 12886 12887 12888 12889 12890 12891 12892 12893 12894 12895 12896 12897 12898 12899 12900 12901 12902 12903 12904 12905 12906 12907 12908 12909 12910 12911 12912 12913 12914 12915 12916 12917 12918 12919 12920 12921 ... 33345 »
  Print  

Jump to: