May 01, 2024, 11:27:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 14696 14697 14698 14699 14700 14701 14702 14703 14704 14705 14706 14707 14708 14709 14710 14711 14712 14713 14714 14715 14716 14717 14718 14719 14720 14721 14722 14723 14724 14725 14726 14727 14728 14729 14730 14731 14732 14733 14734 14735 14736 14737 14738 14739 14740 14741 14742 14743 14744 14745 [14746] 14747 14748 14749 14750 14751 14752 14753 14754 14755 14756 14757 14758 14759 14760 14761 14762 14763 14764 14765 14766 14767 14768 14769 14770 14771 14772 14773 14774 14775 14776 14777 14778 14779 14780 14781 14782 14783 14784 14785 14786 14787 14788 14789 14790 14791 14792 14793 14794 14795 14796 ... 33313 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370582 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:39:36 AM

We're already seeing blocks fill up on this pump. I'm curious as to how a rally can be sustained when confirmation times take hours.

Yeah, right, whatever.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The last six months regarding the average block size look pretty stable to me, with a slightly upward trend in the chart.. and that upward trend in the approximately 60% capacity arena potentially could be nearly completely resolved by seg wit.

https://blockchain.info/charts/avg-block-size?timespan=180days&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

After seg wit goes into effect, then we can assess the situation and regroup... ..

In other words, transactions etc seem to be going pretty well on the technical side of bitcoin, and maybe some of the public is coming to realize that there are really not any technical problems in bitcoin, and accordingly, if you keep doubling down in selling your supposedly existing coins based on these upward BTC price movements, we may be relieved of you from bitcoin and your baloney posts very, very soon.    Cry Cry  

However, I understand when you a guy is dealing with fictitious coins, he really doesn't ever run out of coins.

On the other hand, if you do happen to have some coins, and you really are selling them as you claim, then I can imagine you sticking around the forum, after you have run out of coins and while BTC prices go past $450 and then $600 and then $800 and further into the $2k to $5k price arena, and then you will continue to participate to attempt to talk down BTC prices in order that you would be able to get back in at a lower price than your sell prices in the $200s to $400s.  And, when prices drop from $3800 to $1800, you will stick out your tongue and proclaim that you were right all along. blah blah blah.

I remember, not that long ago, you were supposedly selling considerable amounts of BTC while the prices were below $280 and arguing that BTC prices were going down?  but that strategy did not go too well, right?

retard .. peeps like billyjoe keep coins in cold storage... i think $400 is break even for me..  all we gotta do is ride out obama another 10 months and wait for the cia leadership shuffle and wala all new ballgame.............. #GimpedCoin

I understand that BullyJA is all over the place when he is making various assertions regarding what he is going to do, and that is part of my point to assert that it is a lot easier to be all over the place when you are making things up.

Anyhow, he also seemed to be asserting that he was going to continue to double down until he used up all of his supposedly existing coins, and yesterday at about $380, he said that he had shorted about 40btc, and then a bit later he said 80 BTC and then a bit later, in the upper $380s, he asserted that he had put 150BTC.  At that rate, he should be out of coins soon, hopefully, then potentially, we all could be relieved of his drama, and he can rest assured in fiat or some scam altcoin.

so what... i talk trash all time too. .. and it appears bitcoin was pumped to discredit him.. just like the govy does in the pm market... except now after two years of smashing down pms the 'interest to infinity' debt slavery system is crashing and bitcoin is nowhere near ready, and neither is cryptos.. they have FAILED to get us to liquidate our cold storage .. if they pump too much we make profits, if they go down to much we buy more... IT IS NOT US WHO ARE LOSING! ... its them who are losing . all ya gotta do is listen to the desperate janet yellen talk about negative interest rates after their 1/4th interest rate hike FAILED to see it is THEY who are losing.. yeah the same turds who keep trying to make us LOSE... and the most funniest part about it is they haven't learned that they keep LOSING. and that they are going to keep LOSING. i been doing this for years.. its always the same thing.. PUMP this shiat up see if it hurts me... hhahhahhahha .. crash it down.. see if it hurts mes ... hhahhahhahha.. go sideways trapped in a range.. see if i care.. sorry LOSERS your strategies are failures.. #GimpedCoin is still GIMPED .

its the attitude of 'we're gonna pump it cuz billyjoe shorted' that pisses me off and completely turns me against bitcoin.. cuz they aint winning.. they are LOSING and fronting like they are winning. #GimpedCoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 02:40:15 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQleT6BtCbE
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Bitcoin now has a rather nice flag formation after the rise from 200-500 with little media fanfare. The alt's are waking up and the halving is approaching. The only thing keeping bitcoin back is the blocksize debate which will soon resolve either by a HF with majority of miner support, or with Core acquiescing to the demands of the market and miners (3 weeks!) and fixing a 2mb blocksize HF in the roadmap.

The Chinese will stick with Core, they are quite conservative with respect to leadership. I'd be surprised to see Core implement 2MB blocks in addition to segregated witness, but we'll see.

And so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen 300s!
I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the steady price increase recently. Does anyone know the reasoning behind the increase? Does it have anything to do with the lack of users moving to classic or something, and now that the investors see that, they're buying again?

Or has Classic caused the increase as more users flock to it?

i think thats the reason. miners are hesitant and so a contentious HF is for the moment highly unlikely. 95% HF in 2017 is therefore highly likely.

@ImI:  Why do you keep framing the issue as if a hard fork is inevitable?  Why is a hardfork needed in the first place?  I think that threatening and even engaging in action to employ a hard fork is what causes so much contentious behavior from a large number of persons who become more entrenched in their positions because the solution is framed as being a hardfork.

There seems to be no reason for a hardfork, except one that strives to fundamentally change bitcoin's currently existing consensus based governance mechanism. 

ANY blocksize increase will require a hard fork, Numbnuts.

You seem to be creating a false dichotomy.

Let's say for example seg wit gets implemented as planned within the next few months, and then there is continued discussion about whether a blocksize increase is still needed.

At that point, if 90 percent or more agree that a block size increase is needed then maybe could do a hard fork, to coerce the other 10%...

On the other hand, there are ways to design changes in soft forks rather than hard forks.  Have you ever heard about a soft fork?

A soft fork achieves all the same things, it is just voluntary, rather than forced... and maybe in the end, achieves all of the same goals without being as coercive nor as sudden and controversial.

The issue at hand is whether or not a contentious hard fork will be necessitated by Core dragging their heels. 

Oh that is the issue.    yeah, right?

We already know that they are not dragging their heels because seg wit is sufficiently fast and sufficiently adequate for the time being to address immediate concerns.  Once seg wit goes into effect then there may be a need to continue to address and maybe go down the blocksize increase road

The consensus-based governance mechanism is broken. 

yes, you and others have come to that conclusion, and that is why a hard fork is being proposed.  It is not being proposed for technical reasons, but instead to change the consensus-based governance mechanism by attempting to cause turmoil and to create situations to show that such governance is broken.. when, really, it is not... just appears to be at the moment based on the introduction of an unnecessary hardfork.

Maxwell and crew do not know business or economics. The problem with most people who do not know economics is not that they are ignorant, but that they believe in economic models that are incorrect. 

O.k.  Do they need to know business and economics?

Leave that to others? 

Why is it relevant? 

Bitcoin  is currently not broken.... except for attempts to make it look broken.

It's not like physics. Economics is counterintuitive and people with the least amount of bias and a lack of intellectual rigor almost always get it wrong.  Smart people are often the worst offenders because they assume competence in one field automatically translates into the economics field, but it doesn't. 

i would think that there are a lot of things people know and don't know, and I was of the belief that bitcoin is not exactly a business that anyone is running.. and it is what it is.. and adjustments are made along the way based on a variety of inputs.

There is no such thing as a free lunch. The closest we can get is improved efficiency, and Core is intentionally making Bitcoin less efficient because reasons.  There is a cost associated with this.  If you pay higher fees OR you pay by waiting longer, that cost is taken out of price. That's why the 5 year logarithmic uptrend is broken.  This matters much more than some lame $30 pump. That is transient.

None of these matters are problems..

You have been calling for downfalls in the price of bitcoin for several years.. but you have your on and off moments depending your book and how much attention that you want to get with your various bitcoin is broken proclamations.

blunderer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:47:13 AM

JayJuanGee

a

y
J

u

a

n

G
e

e
!
What is it with you & negative space?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:49:37 AM

We're already seeing blocks fill up on this pump. I'm curious as to how a rally can be sustained when confirmation times take hours.

the question is: will confirmation times for bigger transactions (lets say 100$+) really take longer? i mean if i want to transfer for example 5 BTC to an exchange i just make the fee 3$ or whatever and that's it!

the only TXs that will really suffer are the small and micro ones.

All of my most recent transfers of BTC over the past 6 months or so have included a transaction fee of between .0001 and .0002 BTC, which was generally between $.07 to $.09, and varying transaction sizes of .045BTC and 30BTC..., so your description of a possible $3 transaction fee seems to be quite excessive and outside of actual expected experiences... and really, there may be a bit of an incentive to transfer larger amounts because the transaction fee is the same no matter the amount transferred.

indeed 3$ is exaggerated. my point was that TXs bigger than just a few $s will most likely have no issues in an eventual TX-jam.

O.k.  maybe transactions used to be free, and now they are $.09 and maybe later they will be more... however, we are no where near $3

And, yep you are likely correct that it will be good to have lower fees for micro transactions, if BTC is going to move into a fee based model..

but even that scenario is very speculative, at this point...   because from my understanding there are still some microtransactions being done on the blockchain for free, and maybe they take longer to confirm, but since they are microtransactions, it may be less important to get quicker confirmations.  a transaction of 100 satoshis is less critical than  a transaction of 100btc
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:50:48 AM

GimpedCoin ... ur $30 pump is pitifully pathetic act of desperation.. either get off the pot and pump for real or admit your a paralyzed GimpCoin that cant go up or down.. u can only trade in sideways range cuz u dont really have POWER... cuz your paralyzed #GimpCoin .

bitcoin is broken.. after NINE MONTHS of shiat talk it still can't scale... they talk more shiat while we are calling them on it .. you are a paralyzed GimpCoin... you cant fix it cuz if you do bitcoin price will rocket on up and we will all make huge profits on our cold storage... your game is too cute.. really it is..

#paralyzed #GimpedCoin

comon biatch.. u been fronting all this time.. if i am wrong then prove it biatch.......... bitcoin is GIMPED .
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:53:06 AM

I just now notice that user tarmi has finally died from shorting bitcoin. Cheesy

He got rekt and sold his account. Can't win.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:53:15 AM

afaik (chinese) miners are determined to HF to 2MB. so i dont see is as "inevitable" but i expect it to happen.

It would be interesting to see your source for this.  

mostly IRC

Surely there may be some discussion of various hardfork possibilities, but when push comes to shove, there seems to be no need for a hardfork, if a very large majority are already inclined to agree to the change from 1mb to 2mb (if that is what you are talking about).

HF doesnt mean two competing forks. its just means to hardcode 1MB -> 2MB at block number xyz. even if we have 100% consensus we will have to HF

Well if consensus is nearing 100%, then it would not really matter whether the implementation is done via softfork or hardfork, and possibility in the near 100% scenario, a hardfork would be better because it would be quicker and everyone agrees.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:55:47 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2016, 05:12:06 AM by BlindMayorBitcorn

If I want to talk about smart contracts do you think I have to go to altcoin discussion?

Isn't that going to be more technologically practical on bitcoin (rather than an alt) after the implementation of Seg wit?

We've been together long enough now that you should know technical questions are beyond my ken, as it were. But I think CLTV is a more important feature for smart contract type thingys. I made a thread about it that got shuffled around a lot. Feel free to contribute.

I also made a thread about criminal smart contracts. No ideas so far.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:59:42 AM

JayJuanGee

a

y
J

u

a

n

G
e

e
!
What is it with you & negative space?

Wow.. that's pretty cool to assert that my posts have

n

e

g

a

t

i

v

e

space [_________________________]

hahahahahaha    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I don't really have an answer for you at this time because I find your post to be a bit ambiguous in what you are asking.    Huh Undecided

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1759

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 03:01:17 AM

Coin

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 03:06:06 AM

If I want to talk about smart contracts do you think I have to go to altcoin discussion?

Isn't that going to be more technologically practical on bitcoin (rather than an alt) after the implementation of Seg wit?

We've been together long enough now that you should know technical question are beyond my ken, as it were. But I think CLTV is a more important feature for smart contract type thingys. I made a thread about it that got shuffled around a lot. Feel free to contribute.

I also made a thread about criminal smart contracts. No ideas so far.

I don't really know too much about some of the technical applications either, so I rely on various representations from others.

I made my earlier post because I thought that some credible technical people (I cannot recall exactly where I saw it) were asserting that segwit brings a lot to the table, including (hypothetically) making it more feasible to absorb ethereum as a side-chain (if that were a potential goal of bitcoin to add such utility).

Anyhow, I thought that seg wit, to some extent, allowed the separation of some of the more secure (financial) aspects of bitcoin from the aspects of bitcoin that is not as necessary to be so secured in an immediate way... thus some smart contracts etc could be on the non financial side of bitcoin's chain, once seg wit is implemented and various technical bridges are built upon it.

I will look at your threads, too.  I'm not sure about today, because I have some valentine (whatever) obligations that may distract me a bit from getting to it.  hahahaha
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 03:17:57 AM

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 03:32:21 AM

Yeah, right, whatever.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The last six months regarding the average block size look pretty stable to me, with a slightly upward trend in the chart.. and that upward trend in the approximately 60% capacity arena potentially could be nearly completely resolved by seg wit.

https://blockchain.info/charts/avg-block-size?timespan=180days&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

After seg wit goes into effect, then we can assess the situation and regroup... ..

In other words, transactions etc seem to be going pretty well on the technical side of bitcoin, and maybe some of the public is coming to realize that there are really not any technical problems in bitcoin, and accordingly, if you keep doubling down in selling your supposedly existing coins based on these upward BTC price movements, we may be relieved of you from bitcoin and your baloney posts very, very soon.    Cry Cry 

However, I understand when you a guy is dealing with fictitious coins, he really doesn't ever run out of coins.

On the other hand, if you do happen to have some coins, and you really are selling them as you claim, then I can imagine you sticking around the forum, after you have run out of coins and while BTC prices go past $450 and then $600 and then $800 and further into the $2k to $5k price arena, and then you will continue to participate to attempt to talk down BTC prices in order that you would be able to get back in at a lower price than your sell prices in the $200s to $400s.  And, when prices drop from $3800 to $1800, you will stick out your tongue and proclaim that you were right all along. blah blah blah.

I remember, not that long ago, you were supposedly selling considerable amounts of BTC while the prices were below $280 and arguing that BTC prices were going down?  but that strategy did not go too well, right?

Ponzi schemers were responsible for the pump. I didn't anticipate that.  Yeah, I got a lot of coins because I started buying them when they were six bucks.  That's why the chart that concerns me most is the big picture chart. The five year logarithmic chart that went from an uptrend to sideways.  These small fluctuations are just noise, but something clearly has gone wrong with the macroscopic trajectory.   
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 03:38:41 AM

Aztecminer likely sold his account to a shill.  A year ago he was bullish and a active miner.

nope still me... i went bearish due to manipulators "punishing' people .. i'm still HODLing all my mined coins in cold storage... i am all cash on exchanges cuz i wont buy these inflated desperately pumped prices.. as soon as i do the manipulators would "punish" me by crashing the price... i dont need more coins.. i will trash talk cuz they are FRONTIN like they have power when really the are #paralyzed #GimpedCoin

yeah u really got us good that time with the $30 PUMP! ... whatever u do.. dont pump it more we wont know what to do we will keep HODLing!............ lol .

sorry @GimpTards .. i got a hot date tonight.. gotta go! #GimpedCoin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 03:57:42 AM

Yeah, right, whatever.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

In other words, transactions etc seem to be going pretty well on the technical side of bitcoin, and maybe some of the public is coming to realize that there are really not any technical problems in bitcoin, and accordingly, if you keep doubling down in selling your supposedly existing coins based on these upward BTC price movements, we may be relieved of you from bitcoin and your baloney posts very, very soon.    Cry Cry 

On the other hand, if you do happen to have some coins, and you really are selling them as you claim, then I can imagine you sticking around the forum, after you have run out of coins and while BTC prices go past $450 and then $600 and then $800 and further into the $2k to $5k price arena, and then you will continue to participate to attempt to talk down BTC prices in order that you would be able to get back in at a lower price than your sell prices in the $200s to $400s.  And, when prices drop from $3800 to $1800, you will stick out your tongue and proclaim that you were right all along. blah blah blah.

I remember, not that long ago, you were supposedly selling considerable amounts of BTC while the prices were below $280 and arguing that BTC prices were going down?  but that strategy did not go too well, right?

Ponzi schemers were responsible for the pump. I didn't anticipate that.  Yeah, I got a lot of coins because I started buying them when they were six bucks.  That's why the chart that concerns me most is the big picture chart. The five year logarithmic chart that went from an uptrend to sideways.  These small fluctuations are just noise, but something clearly has gone wrong with the macroscopic trajectory.   

Each of us can look at the same charts, and it doesn't matter if you have been in since $6 or since $395 a few minutes ago.

You conclude that something has gone wrong, but that certainly is not a universal conclusion, and I doubt that you even believe such conclusion, yourself - instead maybe whoever is paying your wants you to say such.

People bet up, down, sideways and a lot of variations of such, and surely there are a lot of more ways to bet, currently, as compared with 5 years ago, or even two years ago.

There are way more ways to get in and to get out and adoption is increasing like a mo fo, and infrastructure is increasing decently, and certainly computing power is out of this world, and you would have never really predicted such level of investment into bitcoin.

Also, governments are a lot less hostile than anyone would have anticipated several years ago.  Apparently, they are much more indirectly hostile than they are directly hostile, which allows for some attempts to figure out spaces to manuever within the decentralized space and to continue to expand without internally destructing.   Looks pretty decent at the moment, even though we may be experiencing a lot of ups and downs on the way to the new ATH  and delays etc etc... whether we reach new ATHs in this year or within the next few years, at the moment, bitcoin seems to have a pretty decent foundation... including having various inputs and considerations regarding current and future scalability issues.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 03:57:51 AM

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1759

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:01:16 AM

Coin

Explanation
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 04:01:54 AM

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 04:02:46 AM

i like posting pics it brightens up the pages.  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 14696 14697 14698 14699 14700 14701 14702 14703 14704 14705 14706 14707 14708 14709 14710 14711 14712 14713 14714 14715 14716 14717 14718 14719 14720 14721 14722 14723 14724 14725 14726 14727 14728 14729 14730 14731 14732 14733 14734 14735 14736 14737 14738 14739 14740 14741 14742 14743 14744 14745 [14746] 14747 14748 14749 14750 14751 14752 14753 14754 14755 14756 14757 14758 14759 14760 14761 14762 14763 14764 14765 14766 14767 14768 14769 14770 14771 14772 14773 14774 14775 14776 14777 14778 14779 14780 14781 14782 14783 14784 14785 14786 14787 14788 14789 14790 14791 14792 14793 14794 14795 14796 ... 33313 »
  Print  

Jump to: