May 02, 2024, 04:36:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 14695 14696 14697 14698 14699 14700 14701 14702 14703 14704 14705 14706 14707 14708 14709 14710 14711 14712 14713 14714 14715 14716 14717 14718 14719 14720 14721 14722 14723 14724 14725 14726 14727 14728 14729 14730 14731 14732 14733 14734 14735 14736 14737 14738 14739 14740 14741 14742 14743 14744 [14745] 14746 14747 14748 14749 14750 14751 14752 14753 14754 14755 14756 14757 14758 14759 14760 14761 14762 14763 14764 14765 14766 14767 14768 14769 14770 14771 14772 14773 14774 14775 14776 14777 14778 14779 14780 14781 14782 14783 14784 14785 14786 14787 14788 14789 14790 14791 14792 14793 14794 14795 ... 33314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370685 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 01:33:39 AM

We're already seeing blocks fill up on this pump. I'm curious as to how a rally can be sustained when confirmation times take hours.

Yeah, right, whatever.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The last six months regarding the average block size look pretty stable to me, with a slightly upward trend in the chart.. and that upward trend in the approximately 60% capacity arena potentially could be nearly completely resolved by seg wit.

https://blockchain.info/charts/avg-block-size?timespan=180days&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

After seg wit goes into effect, then we can assess the situation and regroup... ..

In other words, transactions etc seem to be going pretty well on the technical side of bitcoin, and maybe some of the public is coming to realize that there are really not any technical problems in bitcoin, and accordingly, if you keep doubling down in selling your supposedly existing coins based on these upward BTC price movements, we may be relieved of you from bitcoin and your baloney posts very, very soon.    Cry Cry 

However, I understand when you a guy is dealing with fictitious coins, he really doesn't ever run out of coins.

On the other hand, if you do happen to have some coins, and you really are selling them as you claim, then I can imagine you sticking around the forum, after you have run out of coins and while BTC prices go past $450 and then $600 and then $800 and further into the $2k to $5k price arena, and then you will continue to participate to attempt to talk down BTC prices in order that you would be able to get back in at a lower price than your sell prices in the $200s to $400s.  And, when prices drop from $3800 to $1800, you will stick out your tongue and proclaim that you were right all along. blah blah blah.

I remember, not that long ago, you were supposedly selling considerable amounts of BTC while the prices were below $280 and arguing that BTC prices were going down?  but that strategy did not go too well, right?
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 01:40:19 AM

chinese are pushing for 2MB HF, core already hinted compromise. spoken word is HF in early 2017 with several other HF implementations as well.

I didn't know that the Chinese were pushing for anything. A 1MB increase certainly wouldn't be unwelcome in any case.
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 01:43:29 AM

We're already seeing blocks fill up on this pump. I'm curious as to how a rally can be sustained when confirmation times take hours.

The last six months regarding the average block size look pretty stable to me, with a slightly upward trend in the chart.. and that upward trend in the approximately 60% capacity arena potentially could be nearly completely resolved by seg wit.

https://blockchain.info/charts/avg-block-size?timespan=180days&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

After seg wit goes into effect, then we can assess the situation and regroup... ..

In other words, transactions etc seem to be going pretty well on the technical side of bitcoin, and maybe some of the public is coming to realize that there are really not any technical problems in bitcoin, and accordingly, if you keep doubling down in selling your supposedly existing coins based on these upward BTC price movements, we may be relieved of you from bitcoin and your baloney posts very, very soon.    Cry Cry 

However, I understand when you a guy is dealing with fictitious coins, he really doesn't ever run out of coins.

On the other hand, if you do happen to have some coins, and you really are selling them as you claim, then I can imagine you sticking around the forum, after you have run out of coins and while BTC prices go past $450 and then $600 and then $800 and further into the $2k to $5k price arena, and then you will continue to participate to attempt to talk down BTC prices in order that you would be able to get back in at a lower price than your sell prices in the $200s to $400s.  And, when prices drop from $3800 to $1800, you will stick out your tongue and proclaim that you were right all along. blah blah blah.

I remember, not that long ago, you were supposedly selling considerable amounts of BTC while the prices were below $280 and arguing that BTC prices were going down?  but that strategy did not go too well, right?

retard .. peeps like billyjoe keep coins in cold storage... i think $400 is break even for me..  all we gotta do is ride out obama another 10 months and wait for the cia leadership shuffle and wala all new ballgame.............. #GimpedCoin
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 01:45:44 AM

If anyone remembers my post in October, I went all in at $230 and posted a couple days later:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1200114.0

I was fully out at $44x.  Now I'm back all in at $375.

This gone be good.

And it was good.
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 01:48:10 AM

Bitcoin now has a rather nice flag formation after the rise from 200-500 with little media fanfare. The alt's are waking up and the halving is approaching. The only thing keeping bitcoin back is the blocksize debate which will soon resolve either by a HF with majority of miner support, or with Core acquiescing to the demands of the market and miners (3 weeks!) and fixing a 2mb blocksize HF in the roadmap.

It isn't hard to see a perfect storm for bitcoin during times of further turbulence in the major markets, where negative rates are being introduced in Western economies as central bankers start to lose control. Previously there has been a hunt for return and yield with QE and cheap money post 2008 being used by banks to bid up stock markets and levitate asset prices. ZIRP has turned everyone into a speculator with cash offering negative returns and the markets looking crash prone now bitcoin may start to look mighty attractive as an asset class in the coming months with it's unique monetary properties.

How many times have we heard this before. "Oh, Bitcoin's fix is just around the corner. It's already in the works. It's just as if it has already happened."

Time after time we think it's over only to turn around and find out we haven't gotten ANYWHERE. XT, Classic, Core Roadmap.... 

All that has happened is that some miners sent a letter to Core saying they don't want any trouble, they just want a time frame on the hard fork. Why would Core listen to them any more than us?  Core knows that these guys will avoid a contentious hard fork like the plague and so they can be ignored with impunity. 

Core guys say "fuck you" to Gavin, Mike, Jeff, Coinbase, Bitpay, Bitstamp, The Winklevi, us, etc but they are supposed to just cave immediately to some Chinese miners who have more to lose in a fight than anybody else?  Does core have a history of being responsive to stakeholder concerns?

Dream on. It ain't fixed until it's fixed.  Until then, holding is risky, selling is prudent and buying is just plain naive.

You're maybe a bit pessimistic. Whatever core or classic, one of them will become the fix.

or NOT.. until it is fixed it still isn't... the constant talk about the fix its right around the corner is like janet yellen telling us negative interest rates is the new fix while it has never even been tested... #GimpedCoin
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1759

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:01:15 AM

Coin

Explanation
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:17:20 AM

Say goodbye to the $300s people

not going to happen.. it will crash right back down to 360m- 370 cuz the pumpers cant maintain higher .. this pump reminds me of how they used to crash pms after someone would talk trash.. they would do it just to discredit that person.. and we would all BUY more ... lol . ...i talk TONS of trash not because i am losing... but rather... because i am WINNING and continue to win.. i have a Win Win position . ... and the desperate govy desperately pumping bitcoin while mulling over negative interest rates for the USD after their 1/4th interest rate hike FAILURE keep LOSING. negative interest rates is the final act of desperation by the federal reserve... .. the 'interest to infinity' debt slavery system of the 'in god we trust' usd is FAILING...  and as the 'interest to infinity' debt system begins its final gasps for breathe.. bitcoin can't even scale....
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:18:36 AM

the question is: will confirmation times for bigger transactions (lets say 100$+) really take longer? i mean if i want to transfer for example 5 BTC to an exchange i just make the fee 3$ or whatever and that's it!

the only TXs that will really suffer are the small and micro ones.

All of my most recent transfers of BTC over the past 6 months or so have included a transaction fee of between .0001 and .0002 BTC, which was generally between $.07 to $.09, and varying transaction sizes of .045BTC and 30BTC..., so your description of a possible $3 transaction fee seems to be quite excessive and outside of actual expected experiences... and really, there may be a bit of an incentive to transfer larger amounts because the transaction fee is the same no matter the amount transferred.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 02:21:29 AM

Bitcoin now has a rather nice flag formation after the rise from 200-500 with little media fanfare. The alt's are waking up and the halving is approaching. The only thing keeping bitcoin back is the blocksize debate which will soon resolve either by a HF with majority of miner support, or with Core acquiescing to the demands of the market and miners (3 weeks!) and fixing a 2mb blocksize HF in the roadmap.

The Chinese will stick with Core, they are quite conservative with respect to leadership. I'd be surprised to see Core implement 2MB blocks in addition to segregated witness, but we'll see.

And so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen 300s!
I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the steady price increase recently. Does anyone know the reasoning behind the increase? Does it have anything to do with the lack of users moving to classic or something, and now that the investors see that, they're buying again?

Or has Classic caused the increase as more users flock to it?

i think thats the reason. miners are hesitant and so a contentious HF is for the moment highly unlikely. 95% HF in 2017 is therefore highly likely.

@ImI:  Why do you keep framing the issue as if a hard fork is inevitable?  Why is a hardfork needed in the first place?  I think that threatening and even engaging in action to employ a hard fork is what causes so much contentious behavior from a large number of persons who become more entrenched in their positions because the solution is framed as being a hardfork.

There seems to be no reason for a hardfork, except one that strives to fundamentally change bitcoin's currently existing consensus based governance mechanism. 

ANY blocksize increase will require a hard fork, Numbnuts. The issue at hand is whether or not a contentious hard fork will be necessitated by Core dragging their heels.  The consensus-based governance mechanism is broken.  Maxwell and crew do not know business or economics. The problem with most people who do not know economics is not that they are ignorant, but that they believe in economic models that are incorrect.  It's not like physics. Economics is counterintuitive and people with the least amount of bias and a lack of intellectual rigor almost always get it wrong.  Smart people are often the worst offenders because they assume competence in one field automatically translates into the economics field, but it doesn't.

There is no such thing as a free lunch. The closest we can get is improved efficiency, and Core is intentionally making Bitcoin less efficient because reasons.  There is a cost associated with this.  If you pay higher fees OR you pay by waiting longer, that cost is taken out of price. That's why the 5 year logarithmic uptrend is broken.  This matters much more than some lame $30 pump. That is transient.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:23:41 AM

The Chinese will stick with Core, they are quite conservative with respect to leadership. I'd be surprised to see Core implement 2MB blocks in addition to segregated witness, but we'll see.

And so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen 300s!
I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the steady price increase recently. Does anyone know the reasoning behind the increase? Does it have anything to do with the lack of users moving to classic or something, and now that the investors see that, they're buying again?

Or has Classic caused the increase as more users flock to it?

i think thats the reason. miners are hesitant and so a contentious HF is for the moment highly unlikely. 95% HF in 2017 is therefore highly likely.

@ImI:  Why do you keep framing the issue as if a hard fork is inevitable?  Why is a hardfork needed in the first place?  I think that threatening and even engaging in action to employ a hard fork is what causes so much contentious behavior from a large number of persons who become more entrenched in their positions because the solution is framed as being a hardfork.

There seems to be no reason for a hardfork, except one that strives to fundamentally change bitcoin's currently existing consensus based governance mechanism. 

afaik (chinese) miners are determined to HF to 2MB. so i dont see is as "inevitable" but i expect it to happen.

It would be interesting to see your source for this. 

Surely there may be some discussion of various hardfork possibilities, but when push comes to shove, there seems to be no need for a hardfork, if a very large majority are already inclined to agree to the change from 1mb to 2mb (if that is what you are talking about).

On the other hand, if they feel that there is a need for a hardfork, because there are other controversial provisions, then that would be a different story.

At this point, a hard fork seems far from inevitable, and even though this is a speculation thread, when we are talking about something that is not even currently on the table, it seems to be quite "out there" - even though technically still within the realms of speculation.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:24:53 AM

the question is: will confirmation times for bigger transactions (lets say 100$+) really take longer? i mean if i want to transfer for example 5 BTC to an exchange i just make the fee 3$ or whatever and that's it!

All of my most recent transfers of BTC over the past 6 months or so have included a transaction fee of between .0001 and .0002 BTC, which was generally between $.07 to $.09, and varying transaction sizes of .045BTC and 30BTC..., so your description of a possible $3 transaction fee seems to be quite excessive and outside of actual expected experiences... and really, there may be a bit of an incentive to transfer larger amounts because the transaction fee is the same no matter the amount transferred.

indeed 3$ is exaggerated. my point was that TXs bigger than just a few $s will most likely have no issues in an eventual TX-jam.
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:25:01 AM

$3.00 just to move money currency ?? #outrageous #abusivehightaxes #weneedMagnaCarta
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 02:25:44 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDktBZzQIiU

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 02:27:26 AM

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 02:28:46 AM

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 02:29:40 AM

http://www.pymnts.com/news/2016/netflix-cfo-bullish-on-bitcoin-payments/
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:30:23 AM

retard .. peeps like billyjoe keep coins in cold storage... i think $400 is break even for me..  all we gotta do is ride out obama another 10 months and wait for the cia leadership shuffle and wala all new ballgame.............. #GimpedCoin

I understand that BullyJA is all over the place when he is making various assertions regarding what he is going to do, and that is part of my point to assert that it is a lot easier to be all over the place when you are making things up.

Anyhow, he also seemed to be asserting that he was going to continue to double down until he used up all of his supposedly existing coins, and yesterday at about $380, he said that he had shorted about 40btc, and then a bit later he said 80 BTC and then a bit later, in the upper $380s, he asserted that he had put 150BTC.  At that rate, he should be out of coins soon, hopefully, then potentially, we all could be relieved of his drama, and he can rest assured in fiat or some scam altcoin.

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:30:50 AM

afaik (chinese) miners are determined to HF to 2MB. so i dont see is as "inevitable" but i expect it to happen.

It would be interesting to see your source for this.  

mostly IRC

Surely there may be some discussion of various hardfork possibilities, but when push comes to shove, there seems to be no need for a hardfork, if a very large majority are already inclined to agree to the change from 1mb to 2mb (if that is what you are talking about).

HF doesnt mean two competing forks. its just means to hardcode 1MB -> 2MB at block number xyz. even if we have 100% consensus we will have to HF
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 02:32:39 AM

Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:35:25 AM

Aztecminer likely sold his account to a shill.  A year ago he was bullish and a active miner.
Pages: « 1 ... 14695 14696 14697 14698 14699 14700 14701 14702 14703 14704 14705 14706 14707 14708 14709 14710 14711 14712 14713 14714 14715 14716 14717 14718 14719 14720 14721 14722 14723 14724 14725 14726 14727 14728 14729 14730 14731 14732 14733 14734 14735 14736 14737 14738 14739 14740 14741 14742 14743 14744 [14745] 14746 14747 14748 14749 14750 14751 14752 14753 14754 14755 14756 14757 14758 14759 14760 14761 14762 14763 14764 14765 14766 14767 14768 14769 14770 14771 14772 14773 14774 14775 14776 14777 14778 14779 14780 14781 14782 14783 14784 14785 14786 14787 14788 14789 14790 14791 14792 14793 14794 14795 ... 33314 »
  Print  

Jump to: