May 03, 2024, 03:53:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15216 15217 15218 15219 15220 15221 15222 15223 15224 15225 15226 15227 15228 15229 15230 15231 15232 15233 15234 15235 15236 15237 15238 15239 15240 15241 15242 15243 15244 15245 15246 15247 15248 15249 15250 15251 15252 15253 15254 15255 15256 15257 15258 15259 15260 15261 15262 15263 15264 15265 [15266] 15267 15268 15269 15270 15271 15272 15273 15274 15275 15276 15277 15278 15279 15280 15281 15282 15283 15284 15285 15286 15287 15288 15289 15290 15291 15292 15293 15294 15295 15296 15297 15298 15299 15300 15301 15302 15303 15304 15305 15306 15307 15308 15309 15310 15311 15312 15313 15314 15315 15316 ... 33317 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371200 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:34:24 PM

Any reason for this dump?

I felt pretty confident we would keep moving up Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:35:09 PM

thunder isn't useful for buying 1 cup of coffee
its useful for buying 100 speate cups of coffees instantly.

Open Channel for standard bitcoin fee
send 100 payments for each cup of coffee
Close Channel for standard bitcoin fee

cool huh?

I don't get why people are worked up about this, or why this Lightning is taking such a long time to develop.
Here's a way to solve the coffee problem that's both simpler, more secure, and more elegant than Thunder Cats:
1. Walk into Starbucks.
2. Buy a gift card for 100 cups of coffee, with BTC or USD.
3. Use gift card each time you need to buy stuff from Starbucks. Functionally identical to Lightning/thunder,
4. Profit!
i agree for coffee like TX, thats the way to go.

but for things like coinbase accounts sending 1000's of payments to bitpay... lighting and or thunder is a big deal.

I'm o.k. with sticking with starbucks as an example.  We are not talking about 1 user buying several cups of coffee, but instead possibly 100 users or 1,000 users buying coffee through the day or the week or whatever period of time that the vender chooses before finally resolving with the blockchain .. and then at the end of the day,  week or month, all of the transactions are resolved that are within that channel for $.10 or whatever is the applicable fee for the whole bundle of transactions.

Each one of the "1,000 users buying coffee through the day" will have to buy a gift card open a payment channel with Starbucks. The only difference is Starbucks would have access to all the "gift card" money if sold gift cards, while no one would have access to BTC with Lightning.
So not sure what you're trying to say.

Yep... so I will concede that maybe Starbucks is not the greatest in the world example for how this may be deployed and what kinds of advantages will come through it.

Many of us already realize that bitcoin provides a lot of utility in many different ways, so frequently it is not detrimental to bitcoin merely because at this time it does not provide all of the same benefits of some other technology, such as a gift card.  As a user, we have a choice regarding which one to use for which purpose, and to decide the extent to which either or the possible avenues will benefit us, and to what extent.

Currently, none of us are going out and buying into Thunder because it remains somewhat theoretical, as compared to your example of a gift card that I can go out and buy right now, if I were to chose to do so.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 08:35:37 PM

2 steps up 1.99 3 steps down

welcome to bitcoin!

Fixed Cool

i guess its time for 2 steps up again  Cool

nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:56:52 PM

Yeah I guess a 1>2% drop is a dump these days. Roll Eyes

Reason is China touched 3000 a few hours ago, seems to be the trigger recently.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:00:03 PM

Maybe there is some delusion out there regarding the DAO being so wonderful, so there is some more pumping of ETH in order to artificially hype for as long as possible.. suggesting ETH good, BTC bad...

hahahahahaha...

Such artificial pump of ETH and artificial dump of BTC can last only so long...
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:15:23 PM

Maybe there is some delusion out there regarding the DAO being so wonderful, so there is some more pumping of ETH in order to artificially hype for as long as possible.. suggesting ETH good, BTC bad...

hahahahahaha...

Lol DAO .... these scams are getting better n better.  It feels like the next shitcoin-wave is rolling in.

Why not call it DAU (dumbest assumable user)   Cheesy
whoreble

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:30:55 PM

http://s32.postimg.org/wb03sfu51/Capture.gif Shocked

How's it feel to be looking up at me cruise by in my luxurious Zeppelin, surrounded by fine hookers and blow, from your sinking Titanic?
How's that water, nice and warm? You happy now? Is this what you wanted?
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:33:55 PM

Shocked

How's it feel to be looking up at me cruise by in my luxurious Zeppelin, surrounded by fine hookers and blow, from your sinking Titanic?

This will be your zeppelin:

Time will tell  Grin
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:35:26 PM

I can't believe ETH is still performing..

The ETH chart actually looks a lot like what the BTC charts looked like from $266 to $70 and to $1200
whoreble

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:47:33 PM

This will be your zeppelin:

http://rondoylewrites.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/hindenburg21.jpg

Time will tell  Grin

Wrong Zeppelin, about 20 years later, the one I'm not on. Count made a shitload of airships.
Your bones will be picked clean by that time. Flesh and even intestines digested and pooped out long long ago, by whatever it is that lives in the murky depths of your watery grave.

BRB, must hookers & blow Cool
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:50:43 PM

hahahahahaha...

Lol DAO .... these scams are getting better n better.  It feels like the next shitcoin-wave is rolling in.

Why not call it DAU (dumbest assumable user)   Cheesy

This is the BIGGEST CROWD FUNDING in history!!!!!!

I did not join that club.   Cry Cry

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:54:49 PM

Shocked

I am not denying that there is money that can be made, if you can time it right.

I just don't roll that way.  Maybe I am just too risk averse because I have quite a bit of difficulties placing any actual monetary value in either ETH or DAO, beyond the mere speculation and a bunch of folks simultaneously jumping on such bandwagons?  Maybe later, it may materialize into something more concrete in which I would feel more comfortable investing?  For now, I prefer personally investing in BTClandia.
whoreble

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 10:24:12 PM

I am not denying that there is money that can be made, if you can time it right.

I just don't roll that way.  Maybe I am just too risk averse because I have quite a bit of difficulties placing any actual monetary value in either ETH or DAO, beyond the mere speculation and a bunch of folks simultaneously jumping on such bandwagons?  Maybe later, it may materialize into something more concrete in which I would feel more comfortable investing?  For now, I prefer personally investing in BTClandia.

Look at you, paddling around those ice floes like a little seal! How long you gonna stay in there, your skin's getting all wrinkly from splashing around the water for so long! Why don't you come out? Oh, that's tight, you can't, I forgot! Sad

You want I should throw you a nice warm blankie? No? Did you say "too late" or "too wet"? You got to speak up, my nubile hookers are frolicking too loud in the luxurious mahogany master suite, up here, in the palacious gondola of my fabulous Zeppelin.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 10:53:28 PM

Shocked

I just don't roll that way.  Maybe I am just too risk averse because I have quite a bit of difficulties placing any actual monetary value in either ETH or DAO, beyond the mere speculation and a bunch of folks simultaneously jumping on such bandwagons?  Maybe later, it may materialize into something more concrete in which I would feel more comfortable investing?  For now, I prefer personally investing in BTClandia.

Look at you, paddling around those ice floes like a little seal! How long you gonna stay in there, your skin's getting all wrinkly from splashing around the water for so long! Why don't you come out? Oh, that's tight, you can't, I forgot! Sad

You want I should throw you a nice warm blankie? No? Did you say "too late" or "too wet"? You got to speak up, my nubile hookers are frolicking too loud in the luxurious mahogany master suite, up here, in the palacious gondola of my fabulous Zeppelin.

You can make all the fantastical analogies that you like about the short-term situation, and really, you seem to be overexaggerating your supposed position in comparison to my supposed position, especially with a lot of incomplete information.

I have no doubts that it could be possible that some people, even including a troll like yourself, could have actually invested and timed well various pumps and dumps in order to have profited nicely, but even if that were the case (which I am not necessarily conceding such, especially from a known troll), your chiding should not motivate either me or anyone else to change his course of action, absent some decent justification for such.

And, yeah, no problem if you would like to include me in your celebrations and treat me to some hookers and blow, but really, I can already recognize that's not what you are offering to me.  

Instead, you merely want to over-exaggerate your supposed situation, to chide and to suggest that your position is so much better, relatively speaking - which is really not productive in terms of speculating the future price direction of BTC in comparison to potentially quasi-relevant performance of ETH/DAO.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 01:45:23 AM

vomit
... Maybe later, it may materialize into something more concrete in which I would feel more comfortable investing?

you bought the BTC Top and now you're planning to buy the ETH top...

if you think you'd buy a some ETH, if it become somthing more concrete, then you really should hold a few right now "just in case" type thing...

what's 50$?? buy a few and  really invest when/if it becomes appropriate to do so.

i agree with you ETH is very speculative right now, and very risky, good chance it goes to 0... so then dont invest 5000$ just make a speculative bet...
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 02:32:16 AM

Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 02:34:18 AM

^^That's exactly how you miss the boat. Fortune favors the brave!!

...double up or quit The only card I need is the Ace of Spades Ace of Spades Ace of Spades!!

"double up or quit"...so you're saying you missed the boat too, and now you're trying to get him to bail you out?  Tongue
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 02:59:14 AM

vomit
... Maybe later, it may materialize into something more concrete in which I would feel more comfortable investing?

you bought the BTC Top and now you're planning to buy the ETH top...

if you think you'd buy a some ETH, if it become somthing more concrete, then you really should hold a few right now "just in case" type thing...

what's 50$?? buy a few and  really invest when/if it becomes appropriate to do so.

i agree with you ETH is very speculative right now, and very risky, good chance it goes to 0... so then dont invest 5000$ just make a speculative bet...

Possibly, you misunderstand my speculation regarding circumstances that would cause me to invest in ETH.

Personally, I consider BTC and ETH to be sufficiently and considerably different from one another, and I see little to no value in ETH beyond the various hypes and speculation.  Bitcoin is another story, especially based on BTC's proof of work that has caused petahashes of computing power to secure it and to be built upon in a permissionless manner. 

ETH is far from adding any kind of fundamental value that is measurable beyond hype and speculation. 

On the other hand, if years of ETH development causes some kind of value scenario to develop, and that would likely be based on various systems being built upon it, then I may consider investing at that point (in other words, never say never)... In any event, ETH has to go along way before I would invest in it.. and maybe even drop below $2 could cause me to consider whether to buy a little....

In other words, I have no real temptation to buy ETH, and there is no real urgency with ETH - as compared with what urgency could be argued to have been the case with BTC on an ongoing basis. 

For example, even from here, BTC has sufficient fundamentals to have a reasonable potential to increase in price 10x, 100x or even 1000x and not significantly come back down to anything near today's prices.

Hopefully that clarifies my ETH perspective a bit better.

Regarding my "buying BTC at the top," you should probably realize that your comment kind of skews both the current status of my BTC investment, and whether my BTC investment strategy was reasonably sound at the time that I began it and subsequently.  On an ongoing basis, I have been fairly forthright to explain a variety of aspects of my BTC investment strategy, so most likely it is not worth repeating at this time, except that I will continue to assert that my investment approach was reasonable and has been reasonable under my circumstances, and I have no significant regrets regarding the strategy that I took and have been taking in respect to BTC.

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 03:04:49 AM

Looks like the Eth scammers at work again:

Here comes another move from the Eth scammers.  200,000 Eth was stolen from Gatecoin exchange, and then the Eth price is pumped 10% the next day? LOL.  That makes no damn sense.  When someone steals a huge amount of an altcoin, the price always goes down.  Darkcoin had a bunch of coins stolen from C-Cex and the price went down literally 50% after.  The fact that Eth was pumped right after this theft makes it look like whales are trying to raise the price in order to find someone to dump on and exit before the thieves sell.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 03:09:18 AM

^^That's exactly how you miss the boat. Fortune favors the brave!!

...double up or quit The only card I need is the Ace of Spades Ace of Spades Ace of Spades!!

"double up or quit"...so you're saying you missed the boat too, and now you're trying to get him to bail you out?  Tongue

Are you familiar with the new disruptive technology we like to call DAO? The DAO--an acronym for Distributed Autonomous Organization--is similar to an open venture capital fund based on Ethereum smart contracts, and you know what else? Everyone can purchase DAO voting shares, even you Smiley

Have you ever seen what happens when "everyone who can buy shares gets to vote"?

... capitalism by committee isn't pretty. I cannot wait for the drama and hilarity that may be coming out of the DAO, not sure if it will be a $118 million comedy though.
Pages: « 1 ... 15216 15217 15218 15219 15220 15221 15222 15223 15224 15225 15226 15227 15228 15229 15230 15231 15232 15233 15234 15235 15236 15237 15238 15239 15240 15241 15242 15243 15244 15245 15246 15247 15248 15249 15250 15251 15252 15253 15254 15255 15256 15257 15258 15259 15260 15261 15262 15263 15264 15265 [15266] 15267 15268 15269 15270 15271 15272 15273 15274 15275 15276 15277 15278 15279 15280 15281 15282 15283 15284 15285 15286 15287 15288 15289 15290 15291 15292 15293 15294 15295 15296 15297 15298 15299 15300 15301 15302 15303 15304 15305 15306 15307 15308 15309 15310 15311 15312 15313 15314 15315 15316 ... 33317 »
  Print  

Jump to: