May 03, 2024, 01:27:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15209 15210 15211 15212 15213 15214 15215 15216 15217 15218 15219 15220 15221 15222 15223 15224 15225 15226 15227 15228 15229 15230 15231 15232 15233 15234 15235 15236 15237 15238 15239 15240 15241 15242 15243 15244 15245 15246 15247 15248 15249 15250 15251 15252 15253 15254 15255 15256 15257 15258 [15259] 15260 15261 15262 15263 15264 15265 15266 15267 15268 15269 15270 15271 15272 15273 15274 15275 15276 15277 15278 15279 15280 15281 15282 15283 15284 15285 15286 15287 15288 15289 15290 15291 15292 15293 15294 15295 15296 15297 15298 15299 15300 15301 15302 15303 15304 15305 15306 15307 15308 15309 ... 33318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371372 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 12:22:19 PM

It's called grid trading. I do it with a bot on eth_btc. And I can tell you that in two sentences, or three if you count this one.

You can call it whatever you want, including uncle bob, if you chose not to explain specifics, which had included applying practice to theory and also responding to issues/questions raised by someone else on a forum.

And, by the way, you are welcome.    Roll Eyes Tongue      Cheesy

Fine, if you want specifics: I use a Classical 1, 4, 9 MacNeill-Schumann hybrid for the main engine, sinewave recursion on the re-entry and a modified Gauss to calculate relative oscillation weight to maximise profits on the downside. I didn't bother stating this in my previous post because I knew you wouldn't understand it. Still 3 sentences though.

You are correct.  I am not engaged in any kind of programming of a bot(s) to trade BTC, so I do not understand those terms or methodologies, and I don't feel inclined to look them up, at the moment.

Furthermore, I do not understand how or if you may have tailored any of those referred to methodologies to achieve your own objectives in any kind of meaningful way or if you may have screwed them up or learned them over time through trial and error. 

More or less, I explained my personally tailored approach in laymen's terms which boils down to what I tend to do mostly manually under various circumstances rather than some pattern that is programmed to repeat under a variety of scenarios.  You may have noticed that I am not a bot, even though you assert that you have been engaged in programming one or more bots, no?   

In any event, it doesn't really matter too much how many words I chose to use because that's within my discretion.

In your first post, you inquired regarding what I was doing, and you seemed to make a variety of incorrect assumptions and assertions.  I used my discretion and prerogatives, as a human, to attempt to respond to that.

Subsequently, I learned that you prefer to act a bit like a pretentious and self-righteous turd, and surely that is within your own discretion to determine your tone and your approach and to determine whether you want to explain your situation in terms of conclusions and abstractions, or to engage in any kind of meaningful attempt to explain with details what you are doing to the extent that anyone may be interested in your methodology, if it is actually true.

If you did not have such an asshole disposition, I might be curious to find out a bit more regarding what you are doing and your historical experiences, even though your practices, to the extent that any of it could be true seems to differ a bit from what I have been doing..  Furthermore, your choices regarding how you explain your supposed system seem to be a bit combative and annoying, so maybe it is not so interesting for me to ask for any more details than those sparse ones that you have already chosen to provide.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
soullyG

Activity: 1011
Merit: 721

Decentralize everything

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 01:23:16 PM

You are correct.  I am not engaged in any kind of brevity, which is to say terseness, to trade BTC, so I find it conducive to extensively expound those, my terms or methodologies, and I don't feel inclined to look them up, at the moment or in foreseeable future, which is already priced in.

Furthermore, I do not understand how or if I may have tailored any of those referred to methodologies to achieve certain objectives in any kind of meaningful way or if you may have screwed them up or learned them over time through trial and error.  

More or less, I explained my personally tailored approach in laymen's terms which boils down to what I tend to do mostly manually under various circumstances, which is posting long meandering posts, one of which I am in the process of currently posting, or, rather, typing up the post which I will post presently, rather than some pattern that is programmed to repeat under a variety of scenarios. My posts, such as they are, that is to say remaining invariably long under any and all circumstances, remain invariably long. You may or may not have noticed that I am not a bot, even though you assert that you have been engaged in programming one or more bots, no? Or yes?    

In any event, it doesn't really matter too much how many words I chose, because, as I have emphatically stated and/or typed in this very post, which I am currently in the process of typing, I am currently in the process of currently posting, or, rather, typing up the post which I will post presently, rather than some pattern that is programmed to repeat under a variety of scenarios. My patterns never vary, fuckhead! To use many words is within my discretion, and that's what I discretion to do.
That's how I roll.

In your first post, you inquired regarding what I was doing, to which I answered you that "I am in the process of currently posting, or, rather, typing up the post which I will post consequently, rather than some pattern that is programmed to repeat under a different variety of scenarios." You seemed to make a variety of incorrect assumptions and/or assertions.  I used my discretion and prerogatives, which is to day I typed, as a human, to attempt to respond to that.

Subsequently, I explained my personally tailored approach in laymen's terms which boils down to what I tend to do mostly manually under various circumstances, which is posting long meandering posts, one of which I am in the process of currently posting, or, rather, typing up the post which I will post presently, rather than some pattern that is programmed to repeat under a variety of scenarios. My posts, such as they are, remain invariably long under any and all conditions. You, asshole, learned that you prefer to act a bit like a pretentious and self-righteous turd possessing the consistency of clam chowder. It should be clear from my previous lengthy posts (of which this post, the one I am currently in the process of posting, or, rather, typing up the post which I will post presently, will soon become), if you have even bother to read them, which is unlikely, jusdging from the dum things you say because of your lack of comprehension, and surely that is within your own discretion to determine your tone and your approach and to determine whether you want to explain your situation in terms of conclusions and abstractions, or to engage in any kind of meaningful attempt to explain with details what you are doing to the extent that anyone may be interested in your methodology, if it is actually true.

If you did not have such an asshole disposition, I might be curious to find out a bit more regarding what you are doing and your historical experiences. Which you don't. So I won't. Fuck you.

“No one I know has listened to it all the way through, including myself. It is not meant to be.” --Lou Reed, liner notes

Well played Lambie, well played
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2016, 01:53:37 PM

You are correct.  I am not engaged in any kind of brevity, which is to say terseness, to trade BTC, so I find it conducive to extensively expound those, my terms or methodologies, and I don't feel inclined to look them up, at the moment or in foreseeable future, which is already priced in.

Stopped reading at trying too hard to sound smart.
Darkbot

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 02:08:40 PM

Lambie is a noob who's copy/paste other one's text. Pretty much pathetic little kid crying for here lollypop. This shill got hundreds of banned acounts under here name, makes me wonder how here social real-life looks like, it must be very bad.

Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 02:19:42 PM

Whooosh!
USB-S

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

In XEM we trust

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 02:57:17 PM

Whooosh!
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4468

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:25:53 PM

Good morning Bitcoinland.

$455? Not much change and now it's Friday already.

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:54:58 PM

Ultrafinery

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:00:41 PM

Dig the massive buy wall on bfx Shocked
Down we go.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10207

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:14:19 PM

It's called grid trading. I do it with a bot on eth_btc. And I can tell you that in two sentences, or three if you count this one.

You can call it whatever you want, including uncle bob, if you chose not to explain specifics, which had included applying practice to theory and also responding to issues/questions raised by someone else on a forum.

And, by the way, you are welcome.    Roll Eyes Tongue      Cheesy

Fine, if you want specifics: I use a Classical 1, 4, 9 MacNeill-Schumann hybrid for the main engine, sinewave recursion on the re-entry and a modified Gauss to calculate relative oscillation weight to maximise profits on the downside. I didn't bother stating this in my previous post because I knew you wouldn't understand it. Still 3 sentences though.

You are correct.  I am not engaged in any kind of programming of a bot(s) to trade BTC, so I do not understand those terms or methodologies, and I don't feel inclined to look them up, at the moment.

Furthermore, I do not understand how or if you may have tailored any of those referred to methodologies to achieve your own objectives in any kind of meaningful way or if you may have screwed them up or learned them over time through trial and error.  

More or less, I explained my personally tailored approach in laymen's terms which boils down to what I tend to do mostly manually under various circumstances rather than some pattern that is programmed to repeat under a variety of scenarios.  You may have noticed that I am not a bot, even though you assert that you have been engaged in programming one or more bots, no?  

In any event, it doesn't really matter too much how many words I chose to use because that's within my discretion.

In your first post, you inquired regarding what I was doing, and you seemed to make a variety of incorrect assumptions and assertions.  I used my discretion and prerogatives, as a human, to attempt to respond to that.

Subsequently, I learned that you prefer to act a bit like a pretentious and self-righteous turd, and surely that is within your own discretion to determine your tone and your approach and to determine whether you want to explain your situation in terms of conclusions and abstractions, or to engage in any kind of meaningful attempt to explain with details what you are doing to the extent that anyone may be interested in your methodology, if it is actually true.

If you did not have such an asshole disposition, I might be curious to find out a bit more regarding what you are doing and your historical experiences, even though your practices, to the extent that any of it could be true seems to differ a bit from what I have been doing..  Furthermore, your choices regarding how you explain your supposed system seem to be a bit combative and annoying, so maybe it is not so interesting for me to ask for any more details than those sparse ones that you have already chosen to provide.

Yeah, it was gibberish. I was just making the point that I can say nothing in a single line, I don't need a wall of text. Supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, but whatever. Take it how you want.

In other words you have been trolling in order to repeatedly make a non substantive point.

I've been here roughly as long as you, though I only swing by occasionally and this kind of thing is why.

You cannot control yourself regarding style rather than substance.  You make a choice regarding whether to engage in a topic, and to see if the post relates to you, such as substantively my discussion of trading practices and strategies.  Your inability to engage substantively and focus on length of the text appears to be a sign of immaturity rather than enlightenment.

I do wonder whether you have the insight to recognise how much your personality has changed in the last 2 years, and whether that ever concerns you.

All of us change in some ways and stay the same in other ways over such a period of time.  In respect to bitcoin's I am largely the same person with 2 more years of experience.  I do not not like myself, so I am not sure about your point.

Feel free to use as many words to reply as you like, I'm checking out again and I doubt anyone else will read them either.

Yes, people chose whether to read or respond, whether that be contemporaneously or historically part of a thread (assuming that the post is not deleted).

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:14:53 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2016, 04:30:25 PM by r0ach

Oh, is Lambchop back shilling for the bankers again?  Ovey, invest in mortgage backed securities!

2015Bubble

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:15:30 PM

Attacking 3000 yuan again. Hopefully this is  IT finally it and off we go to 650 dolla
USB-S

In XEM we trust

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:34:58 PM

Attacking 3000 yuan again. Hopefully this is  IT finally it and off we go to 650 dolla
elite3000
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:43:08 PM

from 450 to 650 is quite a big jump, will take much more than 1 or 2(or some dozens) of barriers to be broken until 600+ is reached, if it ever reaches such level any time soon
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:48:21 PM

@Cassius

It was a good try. I'm wondering if JJG is a bot. He is using the same words incorrectly over and over again. He is completely incapable of accurately grasping the content of other peoples texts, and his massive posts are often completely devoid of meaning. It would even sort of make sense to use the WO thread to test such a bot.

If so, it's accurate enough to sometimes spot that it is being ridiculed and programmed to respond to this in a very basic way. But it seems to give quite a few false positives.

Like this for instance:

A reasonable response would be something like:

"Oh, I didn't know that was a thing. Thx man!"

Instead you get:

It doesn't make sense at all. It's the ramblings of an unfinished ai.
USB-S

In XEM we trust

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:50:45 PM

from 450 to 650 is quite a big jump, will take much more than 1 or 2(or some dozens) of barriers to be broken until 600+ is reached, if it ever reaches such level any time soon
Do you have any proof to verify your ridiculous claims? Every shoulder midget pattern clearly states 650 dolla.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:51:23 PM

In the past several weeks in the rise from $403 to $470, we've had relatively low trade volume, so it will be interesting to see at what point, the trade volume picks up...

Maybe we have to see the spurt from $470 to $650-ish and to see at some point therein a price battle may ensue... or maybe we will witness movement beyond $650 into the $700s?  I would be totally surprised if there was not a price battle and a very significant increase in trade volume before $800, however.  I may fall on the floor with giddy?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:58:29 PM

@Cassius

It was a good try. I'm wondering if JJG is a bot. He is using the same words incorrectly over and over again. He is completely incapable of accurately grasping the content of other peoples texts, and his massive posts are often completely devoid of meaning. It would even sort of make sense to use the WO thread to test such a bot.

If so, it's accurate enough to sometimes spot that it is being ridiculed and programmed to respond to this in a very basic way. But it seems to give quite a few false positives.

Like this for instance:

A reasonable response would be something like:

"Oh, I didn't know that was a thing. Thx man!"

Instead you get:

It doesn't make sense at all. It's the ramblings of an unfinished ai.

Thanks for your assistance in trying to get to the bottom of this, fattypants. 

You are performing god's work.   Roll Eyes
Ultrafinery

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 05:21:51 PM

Oh, is Lambchop back shilling for the bankers again?  Ovey, invest in mortgage backed securities!

Unpleasant insectoid goy:
Don't envy us, we're totally poor and stupid, just like you Sad

Israelites

Ah get up in the morning, slaving for bread, Sir
So that every mouth can be fed
Poor me, Israelite

Get up in the morning, slaving for bread, Sir
Poor me, the Israelite

My wife and my kids, they pack up and a'leave me
Darling she said, "I was yours to be seen"
Poor me, the Israelite

Shirts them's a'tear up, trousers are gone
I don't want to end up like Bonnie and Clyde
Poor me, the Israelite

After a storm there must be a calm
You catch me in your farm
You sound your alarm
Poor a poor a poor me, the Israelite

Ah said I get up in the morning, slaving for bread, Sir
Poor me, Israelite

I said my wife and my kids, they are packed up and leave me
Darling, she said, I was yours to be seen
Poor me, Israelite

Look at me shirts them's a tear up
I don't wanna end up like Bonnie and Clyde
A poor a poor me, Israelite

After a storm there must be a calm
You catch me in the farm
You sound your alarm
Poor me, Israelite
A poor a poor a poor me, Israelite

A poor, a poor, a poor, a-poor me Israelites
I'm'a wondering a'working so hard
A poor, a poor. me Israelite
I look a'down and out, Sir
A poor...
nanobtc

Activity: 601
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2016, 05:44:59 PM

Too many words, too much NLC. Desmond Dekker and the Aces reference was funny, though.
Pages: « 1 ... 15209 15210 15211 15212 15213 15214 15215 15216 15217 15218 15219 15220 15221 15222 15223 15224 15225 15226 15227 15228 15229 15230 15231 15232 15233 15234 15235 15236 15237 15238 15239 15240 15241 15242 15243 15244 15245 15246 15247 15248 15249 15250 15251 15252 15253 15254 15255 15256 15257 15258 [15259] 15260 15261 15262 15263 15264 15265 15266 15267 15268 15269 15270 15271 15272 15273 15274 15275 15276 15277 15278 15279 15280 15281 15282 15283 15284 15285 15286 15287 15288 15289 15290 15291 15292 15293 15294 15295 15296 15297 15298 15299 15300 15301 15302 15303 15304 15305 15306 15307 15308 15309 ... 33318 »
  Print  

Jump to: