April 24, 2024, 10:34:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15366 15367 15368 15369 15370 15371 15372 15373 15374 15375 15376 15377 15378 15379 15380 15381 15382 15383 15384 15385 15386 15387 15388 15389 15390 15391 15392 15393 15394 15395 15396 15397 15398 15399 15400 15401 15402 15403 15404 15405 15406 15407 15408 15409 15410 15411 15412 15413 15414 15415 [15416] 15417 15418 15419 15420 15421 15422 15423 15424 15425 15426 15427 15428 15429 15430 15431 15432 15433 15434 15435 15436 15437 15438 15439 15440 15441 15442 15443 15444 15445 15446 15447 15448 15449 15450 15451 15452 15453 15454 15455 15456 15457 15458 15459 15460 15461 15462 15463 15464 15465 15466 ... 33299 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367439 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Assmaster2000

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 09:24:41 PM

the problem with beetcoin [sic] is [..] that you don't know if you have enough money with you to be able to get off the bus, because, unlike a bus, beetcoin [sic] doesn't ask for your fare to get on. It lets you on, but if you don't have enough change on you? Have fun riding the bus. For the rest of your life Smiley

Dynamic fees predict fare based on current demand. If demand increases in the interim from boarding to alighting, then RBF gives you the option to increase your fare. These mechanism mitigate the problem by and large.

Yeah, that dynamic thing did some bombass predicting for Miss Coin:

Roll Eyes
I like some things in life to be as simple and idiot-proof as possible, money is one of them.
I do not care to be my own proctologist, my own brain surgeon, or my own bank. I do not want to think about opting into RBF (I have no idea how to even do that, how should Miss Bit done it from her wallet? Link?) and adjusting fees for that pack of smokes I'm buying, and when I pay for a beer, I don't want to worry about fat-fingering an extra digit or including unconfirmed inputs.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 09:45:29 PM

and when I pay for a beer, I don't want to worry about fat-fingering an extra digit or including unconfirmed inputs.
If you're an idiot you'd better let your government take care of you and your money.
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:04:13 PM

and when I pay for a beer, I don't want to worry about fat-fingering an extra digit or including unconfirmed inputs.
If you're an idiot you'd better let your government take care of you and your money.
You wanna be your own practologist, banker and brain surgeon, you go right ahead.
Something tells me you did try your hand at self-brainsurgeoning, and it worked out ...well, let's just say you tried Cheesy

Seriously tho, I don't want to be my own ditch digger, bankster or ass surgeon, for basically the same set of reasons: I'd rather pay someone else to do it, someone who's good at it.

That's the way society works, beecoin: I need my horse shod, I don't become my own blacksmith, I go to the village blacksmith, who's a wiz at it, because gets lots of practice.
Smithy, tho, he sucks at electronics. So when he needs some weird gear built, he comes to me. And then there's a baker, who backes better bread than me, and an ass doctor, who ...does whatever it is he does, etc., etc. Society! Learn how it works.

Oh, BTW, banksters are not teh gubermint. You nutters like to bitched about that.
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:15:14 PM

You wanna be your own practologist, banker and brain surgeon, you go right ahead.
Something tells me you did try your hand at self-brainsurgeoning, and it worked out ...well, let's just say you tried Cheesy

Seriously tho, I don't want to be my own ditch digger, bankster or ass surgeon, for basically the same set of reasons: I'd rather pay someone else to do it, someone who's good at it.
It is like saying you'd rather pay someone to fuck your wife, someone who's good at it.
Seriously tho, you can't pay if you can't pay because you don't know how money is used.
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:24:05 PM

It is like saying you'd rather pay someone to fuck your wife, someone who's good at it.
Seriously tho, you can't pay if you can't pay because you don't know how money is used.
Nah, I like fucking, so to have time for it & not have human females run away from me because covered in poo from my last attempt at being my own ass surgeon, I pay people to do the shit I don't like to do/ain't good at.
See?
It's as if I'm explaining basic earthling stuff to a martian, ffs Roll Eyes
Agaguk24

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

Extended Reality Advertising

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:24:31 PM

Bitcoin is just bouncing around, as it has been doing for the past 2 years. Bitcoin is stuck with all possible evolution made impossible, a victim of its own success.

Some people will sell good alts and use fiat to attempt to catch the 15% rise left in this period, while missing out on the 100%+ you can get on active and evolved alts.
Derek492

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:29:29 PM

Lol  Cheesy
Cuntabula

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:31:10 PM

Bitcoin is just bouncing around, as it has been doing for the past 2 years. Bitcoin is stuck with all possible evolution made impossible, a victim of its own success.

Some people will sell good alts and use fiat to attempt to catch the 15% rise left in this period, while missing out on the 100%+ you can get on active and evolved alts.

...and the there are those scamcoin Etherians, who made 1,100% by sitting in Ether all year long. I'm not worried tho, bitcoin is not about money, it's about sending a message Smiley
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:35:37 PM

Nah, I like fucking,
Most people do. And that's the point. Most people also like to personally take care of their own money.
Saying that you don't have time to take care of your money because you're too busy working to make money is extreme stupidity.
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:46:00 PM

Nah, I like fucking, so to have time for it & not have human females run away from me because covered in poo from my last attempt at being my own ass surgeon, I pay people to do the shit I don't like to do/ain't good at.
See?
Most people do. And that's the point. Most people also like to personally take care of their own money.
Saying that you don't have time to take care of your money because you're too busy working to make money is extreme stupidity.

I can only tell you that you're mistaken. I like having money, but I'm as tempted by the prospect of becoming my own bank as I am by digging through my bloody poo to lovingly suture my own rectum. Which is to say I can take it or leave it.
AZwarel

Activity: 401
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 11:11:10 PM

Grin

It is way overdue for "the peasants" to learn some self reliance, and actually study and understand the things they use every f**ing day...Right?
AZwarel

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 11:17:39 PM

See?

I can only tell you that you're mistaken. I like having money, but I'm as tempted by the prospect of becoming my own bank as I am by digging through my bloody poo to lovingly suture my own rectum. Which is to say I can take it or leave it.

Freedom has a cost. That cost might be higher on the average by a day/day basis, up until that special morning moment when those choose not to be free and picked the lazy solution which costed them zero day/day so far suddenly realize, everything they had has been taken away/evaporated by those whom they relied on to "deal with them, cause i am lazy".

Think about it, slaves did not had to worry about how to get food, shelter, work. Did this comfort worth that occasional fine assr*pe/murder?
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 11:23:31 PM

It is way overdue for "the peasants" to learn some self reliance, and actually study and understand the things they use every f**ing day...Right?

<geek mode> Most people don't know shit and are perfectly happy and productive. They have no idea how their cellphone works, and only a vague idea how a regular phone works. They have no understanding of what's involved in a POTS network, how cable is laid under the sea, how comsats work, how comsats get to where they are, or what keeps them there, etc., etc. They haven't a clue, but it's OK, because they function well *in society*, because they are passable at what they do at work. Because since roughly the dawn of man, no one person is good at everything. But together, we have this whole civilization Smiley</geek mode>
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1510

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 11:32:23 PM

I do not care to be my own proctologist

Neither feature require any user thought when implemented by default on the client as they ought be. The tech is there for wallet providers to make the experience fairly idiot-proof.
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 11:34:05 PM

Freedom has a cost. That cost might be higher on the average by a day/day basis, up until that special morning moment when those choose not to be free and picked the lazy solution which costed them zero day/day so far suddenly realize, everything they had has been taken away/evaporated by those whom they relied on to "deal with them, cause i am lazy".

Think about it, slaves did not had to worry about how to get food, shelter, work. Did this comfort worth that occasional fine assr*pe/murder?

You are genuinely insane. Being your own bank is no more "freedom" than being your own psychiatrist. What's wrong with you? What freedom?
If everyone tried to be his own everything, the world would turn into a festering cesspool within weeks. Do you understand that societies above slime molds involve specialization? That there's one guy who makes bread, another who sings inspiring agitprop, & another who wears jackboots, so people next door won't shit all over us? And the people next door have their own jackbooted thugs?

What freedom are you money changer wannabees talking about?
AZwarel

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 11:38:20 PM

<geek mode> Most people don't know shit and are perfectly happy and productive. They have no idea how their cellphone works, and only a vague idea how a regular phone works. They have no understanding of what's involved in a POTS network, how cable is laid under the sea, how comsats work, how comsats get to where they are, or what keeps them there, etc., etc. They haven't a clue, but it's OK, because they function well *in society*, because they are passable at what they do at work. Because since roughly the dawn of man, no one person is good at everything. But together, we have this whole civilization Smiley</geek mode>

While i agree, that this was kinda-sorta working up until now - actually, it didn't, that is why we have billionaire banksters, corrupt governments, frauds on every level of the financial/industrial/political system -, this can not be a way of life anymore. Sob-sob, evolution bitchez!

Those who stick with their "one trick pony" skills, one company for life, are dead weight in the information age. I am talking about large scale, like small individual laziness add up and brings the system down - just look at political leaders, most of them are reaaaly stupid.

I know this massive shift won't happen, i agree on that with you. That is why we might be the new super wealthy elite, because at every technological leap made before, the masses only start using/hoarding/studying it when the "leader says so", or the cost of staying out is visibly enormous, and it is already too late for them in 10 years in the future to enjoy the early innovator phase's benefits (like buying bitcoin below 50,000$ Smiley.
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 11:38:59 PM

I do not care to be my own proctologist

Neither feature require any user thought when implemented by default on the client as they ought be. The tech is there for wallet providers to make the experience fairly idiot-proof.

Au contraire mon Ami! Apparently Miss Bit Coin upthread wasn't smart enough, that;s why we're having this conversation. And transactions aren't just about sending someone your coin, they're about *getting something other than a gift-wrapped brick in return.*
That's where you need IRL banksters and their jackbooted thugs Sad
AZwarel

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 11:40:53 PM

You are genuinely insane. Being your own bank is no more "freedom" than being your own psychiatrist. What's wrong with you? What freedom?
If everyone tried to be his own everything, the world would turn into a festering cesspool within weeks. Do you understand that societies above slime molds involve specialization? That there's one guy who makes bread, another who sings inspiring agitprop, & another who wears jackboots, so people next door won't shit all over us? And the people next door have their own jackbooted thugs?

What freedom are you money changer wannabees talking about?
Control over money is the greatest power right now on this Earth.

I do not need to be my own everything. If, i am my own bank, i can pay everyone else to do my shit, just as you said.
You can not think, that the power to transact with anyone anywhere, anytime, without zero chance to be blocked/resisted/censored by state brutes is not monetary freedom. Or to walk away with a million$ BTC in your head cross borders.
I can either do it myself - none can take my money -, or give this great power to psychopats. The rest is history. Like in the so free USSA https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102
Seriously, read how the state brutalized its own citizens in the last 5000+ years by controlling money and wealth, and than you will see why bitcoin is so game changing for freedom.

* Rothbard's genius essay on the State vs People: https://mises.org/sites/default/files/Anatomy%20of%20the%20State_3.pdf
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 11:53:55 PM

While i agree, that this was kinda-sorta working up until now - actually, it didn't, that is why we have billionaire banksters, corrupt governments, frauds on every level of the financial/industrial/political system -, this can not be a way of life anymore. Sob-sob, evolution bitchez!

Those who stick with their "one trick pony" skills, one company for life, are dead weight in the information age. I am talking about large scale, like small individual laziness add up and brings the system down - just look at political leaders, most of them are reaaaly stupid.

I know this massive shift won't happen, i agree on that with you. That is why we might be the new super wealthy elite, because at every technological leap made before, the masses only start using/hoarding/studying it when the "leader says so", or the cost of staying out is visibly enormous, and it is already too late for them in 10 years in the future to enjoy the early innovator phase's benefits (like buying bitcoin below 50,000$ Smiley.

It's not "kinda/sorta working," it's working *miraculously well*! The reason you see alternatives is because *you don't understand the mindboggling complexity, the insane level of interconnectedness and scope of ...stuff.* Look at some oldass tech, like Ford River Rouge Plant, 100 years ago, it's stupefying! And less than 20 years later, we had huge aluminum flying monstrosities with shit like this for motors:

And around the same time V2s and actual, fighting jets. Should I go on? Is this a "roll up your sleeves and be a lone wolf maverick" type of a deal?
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 12:18:16 AM

Control over money is the greatest power right now on this Earth.

I do not need to be my own everything. If, i am my own bank, i can pay everyone else to do my shit, just as you said.
No, you can't. Because while you were dicking around with being your own bank, you weren't doing *your* job. You weren't *earning* money.

You can not think, that the power to transact with anyone anywhere, anytime, without zero chance to be blocked/resisted/censored by state brutes is not monetary freedom. Or to walk away with a million$ BTC in your head cross borders.
I grew up in Soviet Russia. Before you can move millions of BTC across borders, you have to *make* billions of BTC. And defend those millions of BTC from other savvy bitcoin entrepreneurs. Some of them are bigger than you, and not squeamish about bashing heads. And "across borders" is not Equestria, but bad motherfuckers who are more corrupt, and poorer, too. They'll take your head off.
I can either do it myself - none can take my money -, or give this great power to psychopats.
You yourself seem to have your fair share of sociopathy. Not uncommon for paranoid schizophrenics to think everyone around them insane, u know Cheesy

you will see why bitcoin is so game changing for freedom.
Like this, for instance, is a bit worrying.
* Rothbard's genius essay
Call 911 and stay on the line until help arrives.
Pages: « 1 ... 15366 15367 15368 15369 15370 15371 15372 15373 15374 15375 15376 15377 15378 15379 15380 15381 15382 15383 15384 15385 15386 15387 15388 15389 15390 15391 15392 15393 15394 15395 15396 15397 15398 15399 15400 15401 15402 15403 15404 15405 15406 15407 15408 15409 15410 15411 15412 15413 15414 15415 [15416] 15417 15418 15419 15420 15421 15422 15423 15424 15425 15426 15427 15428 15429 15430 15431 15432 15433 15434 15435 15436 15437 15438 15439 15440 15441 15442 15443 15444 15445 15446 15447 15448 15449 15450 15451 15452 15453 15454 15455 15456 15457 15458 15459 15460 15461 15462 15463 15464 15465 15466 ... 33299 »
  Print  

Jump to: