May 04, 2024, 12:08:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15653 15654 15655 15656 15657 15658 15659 15660 15661 15662 15663 15664 15665 15666 15667 15668 15669 15670 15671 15672 15673 15674 15675 15676 15677 15678 15679 15680 15681 15682 15683 15684 15685 15686 15687 15688 15689 15690 15691 15692 15693 15694 15695 15696 15697 15698 15699 15700 15701 15702 [15703] 15704 15705 15706 15707 15708 15709 15710 15711 15712 15713 15714 15715 15716 15717 15718 15719 15720 15721 15722 15723 15724 15725 15726 15727 15728 15729 15730 15731 15732 15733 15734 15735 15736 15737 15738 15739 15740 15741 15742 15743 15744 15745 15746 15747 15748 15749 15750 15751 15752 15753 ... 33322 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371917 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 08:20:08 PM

I assert that seg wit is a decent developing next step

You will note that I did not challenge the above. I only challenged the absolute twaddle that 'segwit represents some sort of status quo'.

I mean, I have misgivings about The SegWit Omnibus Changeset, but I did not bother to assert them in this exchange. Only your blatant falsehood. Perhaps you should reflect upon your fact/speculation ratio, as you are presenting your conclusions as fact.

and is largely non controversial,

This assertion I _did_ call out. As it is self-evidently controversial to any sentinent being.

and I assert that so far there has been inadequate facts, logic or support to push XT/Classic or any of the other blocksize limit raising changes forward,

You can assert such, but it would be a false assertion. But that is another conversation for another day.

therefore those proposals are largely dead at the moment,

You can assert such, but it would be a false assertion.

Fun fact: it ain't over until it is over. And it won't be over until The SegWit Omnibus Changeset is activated. Which can't happen until it is activated. Which in turn cannot happen until it is adopted by the majority. Which cannot happen until individual operators start running it. Which cannot happen until it is released. Which cannot happen until it passes release gate review. Which cannot happen (we would hope) until it is thoroughly tested. Which cannot happen until that release candidate is fully coded and compiled. Which, if I am up to date, has not yet happened. And no amount of JJG bluster will push SegWit over the finish line.

Whenever new facts develop, each of us picks the facts that support our view and emphasize those facts, and neither one of us either wants to engage in additional research or to provide additional explanation for our positions,

Which is why I merely challenged your false 'assertions of fact', rather than the more encompassing issue of the relative merit of The SegWit Omnibus Changeset vs a simple maxblocksize bump at this point in time. No research required, because the facts in evidence on the points I am challenging are incontrovertible.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:05:28 PM

I agree the network adopting segwit and later LN is will be a historical moment in bitcoin.
segwit+LN is a fundamental shift ( way more then a 2MB HF would have been ) it WILL change the game, for the better or worst?? no way to know...

It would be worse, think about it...

Simply increase the block size as that satoshi said,
or change everything about Bitcoin because some beardy said.

Segwit fucks the miners, (oh and the decentralised nodes) LN fucks the miners.
The fees market fucks the users.
RBF fucks the retailers.

Segwit will never happen.
The miners hold the hash power.
It is cores last few weeks of presuming to control Bitcoin, I suspect.
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:14:21 PM

well fuck. this is the end. Embarrassed
we are dooomed i tell you DOOOOOOOOMMMED!  Cry

finally, adam has snapped back to reality .
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:16:53 PM

So what is that ETH fork about?
rewriting the ETH blockchain in order to return the lost funds from DAO hack.
To be a bit more honest about it:  In order to seize the funds of the less popular beneficiaries of the DAO contract.

well, on the other hand, really should not reward criminal type behavior. otherwise, everyone will be building smart contracts that ultimately are schemes . this is a lesson for bitcoin as well .
rizzlarolla

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:24:17 PM

By October 2015, when I set up a plan to begin to trade BTC, my average cost per BTC was about $502, and so I began to trade, and today my average cost per BTC is about $440.  Furthermore, I have dollars and BTC stacked on both ends, so I hardly feel trapped.  I keep saying this, but stubbornly, you continue with your own seemingly judgmental narrative.

Wow, how many satoshi do you own/trade with?
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:30:21 PM

well fuck. this is the end. Embarrassed
we are dooomed i tell you DOOOOOOOOMMMED!  Cry

finally, adam has snapped back to reality .

Going up!... All aboard!!!

*Edit:  Or maybe 1 more dip the next few hours then it goes up!

*Edit2:  We are like $170-190$ undervalued! I suggest you buy fast if you didn't... you might wake up if u'r from the West with you fiat 20-30% more worthless!
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 09:43:08 PM

Are we rich yet?   Grin Grin Grin Grin

1455 days to go to the halvening....

See y'all in 98 feet east tonight.  Roll Eyes

Trouble maker Grin Where have you been all this time?

Give it a few months to see how the price reacts to limited supply of coins on the exchanges before you start laughing too much Wink

Ha ha! always the same...

Just closed the deal on my new house yesterday, a deal that was brought forward about 6 months due to my Bitcoin windfall ( and a brexit bonus as well when buying Euros the morning of the brexit count  Grin Grin )

Just been busy with IRL stuff.  But I am now out of the bitcoin speculation game.  Just stashed a few to keep my hand in the game.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10210

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:45:09 PM

I assert that seg wit is a decent developing next step

You will note that I did not challenge the above. I only challenged the absolute twaddle that 'segwit represents some sort of status quo'.

You are either reading too much into what I am saying or mischaracterizing what I am saying if you believe that I am characterizing the status quo as something that happens to be changes in progress.  Surely, it seems quite likely that seg wit is going to become the status quo, but of course it is currently a work in progress in terms of how it is being developed and how it is going to unroll and the extent of support that it has.... and surely the level of support on an ongoing basis seems to be overwhelmingly in favor of seg wit going forward and conclusions that overall seg wit is going to bring lots of utility and power to the bitcoin space.

Generally when I refer to the status quo in my various posts on this blocksize limit raising topic, I am frequently asserting that both XT and Classic have failed to meet their evidentiary burden of production and persuasion in order to convince the status quo to adopt them or to work on their adoption.  Saying that XT/Classic have failed in this regard is not the same as saying that seg wit has succeed in this regard, even though likely I have said both, and even though of course, all of us should continue to recognize that seg wit remains a work in progress that is advancing little by little and continues to enjoy overwhelming levels of support demonstrating that its chances of becoming part of the status quo is quite likely (even though that outcome remains part of the future).

I mean, I have misgivings about The SegWit Omnibus Changeset, but I did not bother to assert them in this exchange. Only your blatant falsehood. Perhaps you should reflect upon your fact/speculation ratio, as you are presenting your conclusions as fact.

Why does it matter so much about what I say?  Anyone can take what I say with a grain of salt and also anyone can read the level of support that I give (or not) for my various positions and decide for themselves whether they agree or not.  I don't claim to be any kind of expert, and I give whatever level of support that I decide is necessary under the circumstances.

Sure, maybe you believe that I should back up my statements more, but that does not mean that I agree or that I am going to back them up any more than I already decide within my artistic and posting discretion.

and is largely non controversial,

This assertion I _did_ call out. As it is self-evidently controversial to any sentinent being.

Yeah, we disagree.  So what?

and I assert that so far there has been inadequate facts, logic or support to push XT/Classic or any of the other blocksize limit raising changes forward,

You can assert such, but it would be a false assertion. But that is another conversation for another day.

Again, we disagree, and why does it matter?

therefore those proposals are largely dead at the moment,

You can assert such, but it would be a false assertion.

Fun fact: it ain't over until it is over. And it won't be over until The SegWit Omnibus Changeset is activated. Which can't happen until it is activated. Which in turn cannot happen until it is adopted by the majority. Which cannot happen until individual operators start running it. Which cannot happen until it is released. Which cannot happen until it passes release gate review. Which cannot happen (we would hope) until it is thoroughly tested. Which cannot happen until that release candidate is fully coded and compiled. Which, if I am up to date, has not yet happened. And no amount of JJG bluster will push SegWit over the finish line.

To some extent I am making snapshot observations to describe the present, and surely I have already conceded several times that blocksize limit issues can still come up, but so what, they are currently largely discredited as being more FUCD spreading than reality, and some of this realization is demonstrated by bitcoin's price passing above $300 and then later $500 when on both occasions, a multitude of XT/Classic FUCD spreaders were proclaiming the end of bitcoin and the end of BTC price rises unless blocksize limits are increased...  despite these FUCD spreading proclamations bitcoin is becoming stronger, more robust and prices are continue to resist going below $500 and $300 respectively, which largely r3ckt those blocksize limit FUCD spreading positions, and there is a thread on this R3ckt status, too.. hahahahahaha

Sure the argument is going to keep coming back because it is a common theme with anything like this, but doesn't really mean anything regarding any emergency status in bitcoin or any actual need to raise the blocksize limit at this time, even if the blocksize limit may get raised in 6 months or maybe in 6 years, I don't really have enough technical knowledge or even predictive powers to know exactly how this blocksize limit raising matter is going to play out and when a limit increase will go into effect, if ever, but currently, the XT/Classic arguments are largely discredited by a large majority of the bitcoin space and folks that matter in the direction of the debate.

Whenever new facts develop, each of us picks the facts that support our view and emphasize those facts, and neither one of us either wants to engage in additional research or to provide additional explanation for our positions,

Which is why I merely challenged your false 'assertions of fact', rather than the more encompassing issue of the relative merit of The SegWit Omnibus Changeset vs a simple maxblocksize bump at this point in time. No research required, because the facts in evidence on the points I am challenging are incontrovertible.

Good for you, and we still disagree, and why does it matter?

Agaguk24

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

Extended Reality Advertising

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:45:45 PM

Well, the coin that shall not be named had a very contentious hard fork this morning, splitting the currency into two and destroying its value!

Just kidding, there is no god.

But there could be a King!

w...t....f.....

https://www.reddit.com/r/monarchism/comments/4togc2/would_a_surrogate_child_be_legitimate/?sort=new
 Roll Eyes

Editing or doctoring the ETH blockchain this way has opened a dangerous precedent which will inspire other sloppy coin coders in the future.  I praise the exchange Cryptopia.co.nz for delisting ETH.

I have lost all confidence in ETH.
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:49:31 PM

How much longer will the market keep "catching its breath" before we move on?

My monkey says its probably the start of a 2-3 month slow-ish uptrend about now.

BTC has traded the same way since mt gox...it has violent moves and consolidates ! Rinse and repeat...it's all about the Bb charts right now! That's why I voted 650$ by July 31st when the poll came out.

Remember the longer it trades sideways in a tight range the more vicious the move! Cool

It looks like the next high volume day will come sooner...imho

nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:50:52 PM

its been over a year now and my monkey is still saying >32,000 in < 2 years

Does that mean it will happen in less than a year? Smiley  Oh wait, you used the word "still".  Undecided

cant lie, starting to think he might be wrong.

Now you tell us?  Tongue
Hyperjacked
Legendary

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:54:31 PM

Are we rich yet?   Grin Grin Grin Grin

1455 days to go to the halvening....

See y'all in 98 feet east tonight.  Roll Eyes

Trouble maker Grin Where have you been all this time?

Give it a few months to see how the price reacts to limited supply of coins on the exchanges before you start laughing too much Wink

Ha ha! always the same...

Just closed the deal on my new house yesterday, a deal that was brought forward about 6 months due to my Bitcoin windfall ( and a brexit bonus as well when buying Euros the morning of the brexit count  Grin Grin )

Just been busy with IRL stuff.  But I am now out of the bitcoin speculation game.  Just stashed a few to keep my hand in the game.

Congrats man! Cheers
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:56:30 PM

yawn, altcoin gloating, how boorish.
Hyperjacked
Legendary

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:59:04 PM

Who's gloating...?
rizzlarolla

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 10:03:07 PM

Who's gloating...?

Decred.. rethink digital currency.   Cheesy
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 10:16:25 PM

I agree the network adopting segwit and later LN is will be a historical moment in bitcoin.
segwit+LN is a fundamental shift ( way more then a 2MB HF would have been ) it WILL change the game, for the better or worst?? no way to know...

It would be worse, think about it...

Simply increase the block size as that satoshi said,
or change everything about Bitcoin because some beardy said.

Segwit fucks the miners, (oh and the decentralised nodes) LN fucks the miners.
The fees market fucks the users.
RBF fucks the retailers.

Segwit will never happen.
The miners hold the hash power.
It is cores last few weeks of presuming to control Bitcoin, I suspect.

Hehe, yes and they quickly put down all in patents so last try to go Turkish all in!
rizzlarolla

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 10:27:11 PM

Generally when I refer to the status quo in my various posts on this blocksize limit raising topic, I am frequently asserting that both XT and Classic have failed to meet their evidentiary burden of production and persuasion in order to convince the status quo to adopt them or to work on their adoption.  Saying that XT/Classic have failed in this regard is not the same as saying that seg wit has succeed in this regard, even though likely I have said both, and even though of course, all of us should continue to recognize that seg wit remains a work in progress that is advancing little by little and continues to enjoy overwhelming levels of support demonstrating that its chances of becoming part of the status quo is quite likely (even though that outcome remains part of the future).

Times are changing. It is a dynamic world out there.

Core inherited their "coding" position by default.
The miners got into bed with core, believing they could deliver.
Core cannot deliver.

Divorce proceedings have started.
Miners will keep the blockchain, Core can keep their code.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 10:50:52 PM

Times are changing. It is a dynamic world out there.

The miners got into bed with core, believing they could deliver.

Miners will keep the blockchain, Core can keep their code.

such shit FUD ... Core delivers everytime, >100 high quality contributors serving up huge quantities of quality code

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4tqb59/bitcoin_core_v0130rc1_binaries_are_available_for/

miners have spent not a milliBitcoin producing quality code (or even funding some Core devs (i have no idea why it's a no brainer for wealthy idiot miner to hire a Core dev or two??wtf idiot miners)) so until they do they will the run the best code out there, Core.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 10:56:38 PM

Good productive conversations today. I haven't once felt inclined to weigh in with inane chatter. Kuddos, boys.
PS. I think Marcus is probably right.  Undecided
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 10:57:29 PM

https://blockchain.info/charts/miners-revenue?timespan=2year

idiot miners will be forced to stop selling or buy in the market ... revenue hasn't been this low since Dec. 2015
Pages: « 1 ... 15653 15654 15655 15656 15657 15658 15659 15660 15661 15662 15663 15664 15665 15666 15667 15668 15669 15670 15671 15672 15673 15674 15675 15676 15677 15678 15679 15680 15681 15682 15683 15684 15685 15686 15687 15688 15689 15690 15691 15692 15693 15694 15695 15696 15697 15698 15699 15700 15701 15702 [15703] 15704 15705 15706 15707 15708 15709 15710 15711 15712 15713 15714 15715 15716 15717 15718 15719 15720 15721 15722 15723 15724 15725 15726 15727 15728 15729 15730 15731 15732 15733 15734 15735 15736 15737 15738 15739 15740 15741 15742 15743 15744 15745 15746 15747 15748 15749 15750 15751 15752 15753 ... 33322 »
  Print  

Jump to: