May 10, 2024, 09:30:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15772 15773 15774 15775 15776 15777 15778 15779 15780 15781 15782 15783 15784 15785 15786 15787 15788 15789 15790 15791 15792 15793 15794 15795 15796 15797 15798 15799 15800 15801 15802 15803 15804 15805 15806 15807 15808 15809 15810 15811 15812 15813 15814 15815 15816 15817 15818 15819 15820 15821 [15822] 15823 15824 15825 15826 15827 15828 15829 15830 15831 15832 15833 15834 15835 15836 15837 15838 15839 15840 15841 15842 15843 15844 15845 15846 15847 15848 15849 15850 15851 15852 15853 15854 15855 15856 15857 15858 15859 15860 15861 15862 15863 15864 15865 15866 15867 15868 15869 15870 15871 15872 ... 33338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381163 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
fichtn12345

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 06:36:26 AM

Confirmed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 06:39:59 AM

But I like volatility! #Sarcams  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

... Anyway... it seems its Game Over for everyone... Uber duper super nuber coil just started to unfoil.  Shocked
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 10:00:23 AM

No, I am not a whale. And I do not have some insider info. It just seems right now community is lacking optimism because of bitfinex hack and horrible price crash. And it is true that small volume gives ability to manipulate price. But this manipulation is harder everyday.

What I actually feel is fear. But bear with me. Times when I felt fear just the opposite happened (price jumped up) and times when I felt strong euphoria - price crashed down. But traders ignore feelings, right?

I'd say wait for 3-4 days and we will see where we land. Right now it's fear clusterfuck.

Based on your own feelings (described as fear at this point), it seems that you are attempting to mock some common points of wisdom, specifically to attempt to not become too emotional regarding either your investment or your investment choices.

Do you really believe that advice, regarding keeping emotions out of your trades to be bad advice?

Yes, I will concede that humans have emotions, and even if you program some bot trading, you are still emotionally attached to your investment in some degree, otherwise you would not have spent time considering it and making such investments.

I doubt that anyone is really suggesting that you should be a bot or have no human emotions in respect to your investment, but over time, you should be able to establish systems (whether it is buy/ HODLing or trading) in which you have a general plan for no matter which direction the market goes.  Maybe you do not know every single specific of your plan because sometimes the plan may be that you need to review your plan and to reconsider your plan at various points and upon the triggering of certain events.

Anyhow, part of my point is that you can establish ways to attempt to minimize emotions..

I only use myself as an example because I am able to talk about my own situation, and surely from time to time, I feel emotions when the price moves against me and when it is very volatile, because a person cannot really know when it is going to stop in one direction or another, and even with myself, my built in assumption over time is that bitcoin prices are going to go up.  Therefore, I structure my strategy in such a way that my whole portfolio does better when prices go up, so yeah, my portfolio was doing fucking great all the way up to $779, and it is not in as great of shape at $566 as it was at $779.

Anyhow, I do have to reconfigure from time to time, and I attempt to be prepared for the price to go down in considerable ways, even if it were to return to the $200s.. though of course, matters are much better going up rather than down, and less down is better than a lot down.. yet  overall staying above the mid-$00s is good, too.   

I guess my main points is to prepare mentally and to prepare with your portfolio with a plan that is suitable for you, and if you are becoming extremely emotional, that is likely a sign that you have over invested either in one direction or another.. so you may need to tweak your holdings in order to remove some of the anxiety that is being evoked by the then current situation.

Hello!

Thanks for clear and explanatory reply.

Indeed, I was anxious about my plan because I had no plan for down. Now I do just to calm my nerves down. Because today's dip was good enough to cause me to smoke shitloads of ciggaretes.

Though, my story is developing just right: "price will drop a bit but it will recover".

We still see FUD going on with fake threads. But in case it doesn't, I will just buy more.

I think that during times of consolidation (maybe currently in the $550 to $590 price arena - for the past couple of weeks), we should be attempting to prepare ourselves financially and mentally, that the price could  break out in either direction - and maybe placing a little bit of a bet that the odds are better in one direction rather than another (I still am a tiny bit more inclined to believe that an upwards break out is a bit more likely), but yeah, if we break downwards, I am prepared too... staggered tentative bets....

From your above post, it appears that you have allowed yourself to reconsider and reflect a bit in the past 24 hours, and that is a good thing (even though smoking a shit load of cigs may not have been so great for yourself, physically). 

Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 11:56:14 AM

No, I am not a whale. And I do not have some insider info. It just seems right now community is lacking optimism because of bitfinex hack and horrible price crash. And it is true that small volume gives ability to manipulate price. But this manipulation is harder everyday.

What I actually feel is fear. But bear with me. Times when I felt fear just the opposite happened (price jumped up) and times when I felt strong euphoria - price crashed down. But traders ignore feelings, right?

I'd say wait for 3-4 days and we will see where we land. Right now it's fear clusterfuck.

Based on your own feelings (described as fear at this point), it seems that you are attempting to mock some common points of wisdom, specifically to attempt to not become too emotional regarding either your investment or your investment choices.

Do you really believe that advice, regarding keeping emotions out of your trades to be bad advice?

Yes, I will concede that humans have emotions, and even if you program some bot trading, you are still emotionally attached to your investment in some degree, otherwise you would not have spent time considering it and making such investments.

I doubt that anyone is really suggesting that you should be a bot or have no human emotions in respect to your investment, but over time, you should be able to establish systems (whether it is buy/ HODLing or trading) in which you have a general plan for no matter which direction the market goes.  Maybe you do not know every single specific of your plan because sometimes the plan may be that you need to review your plan and to reconsider your plan at various points and upon the triggering of certain events.

Anyhow, part of my point is that you can establish ways to attempt to minimize emotions..

I only use myself as an example because I am able to talk about my own situation, and surely from time to time, I feel emotions when the price moves against me and when it is very volatile, because a person cannot really know when it is going to stop in one direction or another, and even with myself, my built in assumption over time is that bitcoin prices are going to go up.  Therefore, I structure my strategy in such a way that my whole portfolio does better when prices go up, so yeah, my portfolio was doing fucking great all the way up to $779, and it is not in as great of shape at $566 as it was at $779.

Anyhow, I do have to reconfigure from time to time, and I attempt to be prepared for the price to go down in considerable ways, even if it were to return to the $200s.. though of course, matters are much better going up rather than down, and less down is better than a lot down.. yet  overall staying above the mid-$00s is good, too.   

I guess my main points is to prepare mentally and to prepare with your portfolio with a plan that is suitable for you, and if you are becoming extremely emotional, that is likely a sign that you have over invested either in one direction or another.. so you may need to tweak your holdings in order to remove some of the anxiety that is being evoked by the then current situation.

Hello!

Thanks for clear and explanatory reply.

Indeed, I was anxious about my plan because I had no plan for down. Now I do just to calm my nerves down. Because today's dip was good enough to cause me to smoke shitloads of ciggaretes.

Though, my story is developing just right: "price will drop a bit but it will recover".

We still see FUD going on with fake threads. But in case it doesn't, I will just buy more.

I think that during times of consolidation (maybe currently in the $550 to $590 price arena - for the past couple of weeks), we should be attempting to prepare ourselves financially and mentally, that the price could  break out in either direction - and maybe placing a little bit of a bet that the odds are better in one direction rather than another (I still am a tiny bit more inclined to believe that an upwards break out is a bit more likely), but yeah, if we break downwards, I am prepared too... staggered tentative bets....

From your above post, it appears that you have allowed yourself to reconsider and reflect a bit in the past 24 hours, and that is a good thing (even though smoking a shit load of cigs may not have been so great for yourself, physically). 

I very much agree to what you are talking about. That may be the price of the bitcoin for some weeks will remain between $ 550-$ 575. because I see that conditions have started to improve and I think in time it will come a bitcoin will experience the events always occur i.e. price will be stable. And during that time we were obliged to remain patient and not rash
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 12:09:13 PM

I think the Bitfinex hack has more of us on edge because at least with MtGox there were months and months of warning signs including the inability to withdraw your fiat, their dwolla account being closed, etc. So most people who had any intelligence got out. The only people still on MtGox before it was "hacked" were taking advantage of wild swings due to pure chaos on the exchange.

With Bitfinex it was seen as fairly secure because it had been around as long as most of the older exchanges, it had gone through a lot of transparent security measures and everyone felt fairly confident in the exchange (as confident as you can be). I even used to recommend to people that they use Bitfinex to loan their fiat for 20-30% yearly. They would tell me that such returns required high risk. My response was that since each loan was paid back the only risk was the exchange going under, which was not likely.

This is not a faulting of Bitcoin itself, but people might not feel very confident putting any money on any exchange if Bitfinex could be hacked. This cuts down on the speculation aspect of Bitcoin which contributes to the price. It is just a matter of time without an exchange hack to get people to feel more confidence in trading again.

When it comes down to it, most of Bitcoin's problems tend to come from the interactions with the fiat system.

In the short term, it's going to be a good buying opportunity. Long term we're still solid.
InitcoiN

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 12:19:24 PM

I think we first go short, then long to a new highs... Smiley

Sounds like you are talking your book... There is no reason that we go short before we go long...

There have already been several downward attempts on the price, and sure you could be correct that there will be another one or that the next downward attempt (if there is one) will be successful, but certainly, you gotta be careful, at this point regarding how much you were to bet on downwards.

Well, as you can see, we go down now... Maybe we go down a little bit more before the uptrend resumes.

GL on your trades Smiley
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 12:22:33 PM

This is not a faulting of Bitcoin itself, but people might not feel very confident putting any money on any exchange if Bitfinex could be hacked.

Bitfinex proved nothing. Bitfinex guaranteed nothing. Their ownership is murky. They answer to no regulator. It's rather hard to figure out what country they're in. There is no insurance. One of their main men stated that he traded on his own exchange.

I can't see any fundamental difference between Bitfinex and Gox apart from them making more of the right noises and putting up a more 'professional' facade. They did not deserve or justify anyone's money or trust.
BathSaltsDealer

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 12:39:01 PM

When it comes down to it, most of Bitcoin's problems tend to come from the interactions with the fiat system.

~$70 million of their problems came from their oh-so-clever 2-of-3 wallet implementation.
If not for "the fiat system" they wouldn't have a business (which, as I understand it, is exchanging BTC into fiat and back again).
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 12:50:38 PM

~$70 million of their problems came from their oh-so-clever 2-of-3 wallet implementation.
If not for "the fiat system" they wouldn't have a business (which, as I understand it, is exchanging BTC into fiat and back again).

Once you have bitcoins you shouldn't need to go back to the fiat system and all the problems that come with it.
BathSaltsDealer

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 01:11:34 PM

Once you have bitcoins you shouldn't need to go back to the fiat system and all the problems that come with it.

Bitfinex provides a platform for people wishing to trade fiat for BTC and vice versa. That's what it does.

Saying that finex's "problems tend to come from the interactions with the fiat system" is like saying that a boat's problem come from the interactions with water.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 01:19:07 PM

Bitfinex provides a platform for people wishing to trade fiat for BTC and vice versa. That's what it does.

Saying that finex's "problems tend to come from the interactions with the fiat system" is like saying that a boat's problem come from the interactions with water.

That would be true if that's what I said.
NewbieTreider

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 01:29:38 PM

And provides a wonderfull security system with an incredible insurance for their users.

Sorry, but after lose my money there, I need to be ironic.
BathSaltsDealer

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 01:33:19 PM

That would be true if that's what I said.

Ah, my mistake, apologies. Assumed we were talking about finex.

You're right, most of Bitcoin's problem do come from interacting with fiat. Since that's what it is mainly used for (trading), that's a boatload of problems.
XCASH
Legendary

Activity: 929
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 02:12:20 PM

This is not a faulting of Bitcoin itself, but people might not feel very confident putting any money on any exchange if Bitfinex could be hacked.

Bitfinex proved nothing. Bitfinex guaranteed nothing. Their ownership is murky. They answer to no regulator. It's rather hard to figure out what country they're in. There is no insurance. One of their main men stated that he traded on his own exchange.

I can't see any fundamental difference between Bitfinex and Gox apart from them making more of the right noises and putting up a more 'professional' facade. They did not deserve or justify anyone's money or trust.

It's code was based in Bitcoinica's code, and Bitcoinica was hacked. Bitfinex's code was so bad it had well known serious bugs, like hitting buttons multiple times led to unexpected behaviour. I never traded on Gox but I read its code also had serious bugs. Moreover, Gox froze trading a number of times like Bitfinex. There were warning signs both exchanges had serious problems for years before they said they'd had massive hacks.
kobilica

Merit: 300

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 02:43:19 PM

Panic buy has begun?  Grin
kobilica

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 03:02:28 PM

Though selling pressure still higher on buying on most exchanges, something has triggered this.

15 minute candle chart shows mean reversal, possibly bots started to buy again.
XCASH
Legendary

Activity: 929
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 03:19:12 PM

Though selling pressure still higher on buying on most exchanges, something has triggered this.

15 minute candle chart shows mean reversal, possibly bots started to buy again.

Bitstamp just took over from Bitfinex as the highest volume exchange for USD/BTC. It's strange how Bitstamp took the lead at the same time a reversal started up. Maybe it's just coincidence, or maybe not.
kobilica

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 03:24:47 PM

People are tired of trading on BitFinex it seems.
Also BitStamp just started doing more for security (trezor wallet)  Cool
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 03:32:08 PM

Panic buy has begun?  Grin

Yep.  Grin  Cheesy  Cool

Like I always predicted ... Up! Up! Up!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy ...  Roll Eyes
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4482

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 03:38:20 PM

Good morning Bitcoinland.

$580 on BitcoinAverage. That pretty much corrects the small dip of the last 2 days.

Back to sideways?
Pages: « 1 ... 15772 15773 15774 15775 15776 15777 15778 15779 15780 15781 15782 15783 15784 15785 15786 15787 15788 15789 15790 15791 15792 15793 15794 15795 15796 15797 15798 15799 15800 15801 15802 15803 15804 15805 15806 15807 15808 15809 15810 15811 15812 15813 15814 15815 15816 15817 15818 15819 15820 15821 [15822] 15823 15824 15825 15826 15827 15828 15829 15830 15831 15832 15833 15834 15835 15836 15837 15838 15839 15840 15841 15842 15843 15844 15845 15846 15847 15848 15849 15850 15851 15852 15853 15854 15855 15856 15857 15858 15859 15860 15861 15862 15863 15864 15865 15866 15867 15868 15869 15870 15871 15872 ... 33338 »
  Print  

Jump to: