May 13, 2024, 05:31:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15806 15807 15808 15809 15810 15811 15812 15813 15814 15815 15816 15817 15818 15819 15820 15821 15822 15823 15824 15825 15826 15827 15828 15829 15830 15831 15832 15833 15834 15835 15836 15837 15838 15839 15840 15841 15842 15843 15844 15845 15846 15847 15848 15849 15850 15851 15852 15853 15854 15855 [15856] 15857 15858 15859 15860 15861 15862 15863 15864 15865 15866 15867 15868 15869 15870 15871 15872 15873 15874 15875 15876 15877 15878 15879 15880 15881 15882 15883 15884 15885 15886 15887 15888 15889 15890 15891 15892 15893 15894 15895 15896 15897 15898 15899 15900 15901 15902 15903 15904 15905 15906 ... 33345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26382520 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 08:26:08 PM

most probable explanation: a coordinated chinese attack to trigger stop-loss-margin-calls.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10241

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 08:48:01 PM

most probable explanation: a coordinated chinese attack to trigger stop-loss-margin-calls.

I agree with you about goal to trigger some stop-loss margin calls, but such dumping does not need to be characterized as either an "attack" nor "chinese."  
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 09:19:05 PM

I agree with you about goal to trigger some stop-loss margin calls, but such dumping does not need to be characterized as either an "attack" nor "chinese."  

You do see the timing right? ... And that the chinese started this... and the rest followed... right?? Or are you so trapped in your bubble and blinded by the soap distortions on your bubble's walls... ??  Huh
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 09:31:45 PM

You do see the timing right? ... And that the chinese started this... and the rest followed... right?? Or are you so trapped in your bubble and blinded by the soap distortions on your bubble's walls... ??  Huh

Whatever, savetherain. 

I think that I sufficiently made my point already, but maybe a bit of a further explanation could be helpful - rather than sitting back without acknowledging your seemingly attempts to buy into superficiality while denigrating the comments of others.

Yes, some kind of pump or dump can start in one location, such as china, but the bitcoin is much more complex than being controlled by a narrow set of interests and market movements play on each other, even if they may have started in one location.  There exists all kinds of lead and follow from various trading points, and to characterize the matter as "chinese" or an "attack" seems to largely lose the point with attempts at superficiality and misleading attempts at oversimplification.

Also, the "attack" characterization seems to imply that there is something going on that is beyond mere market dynamics.  In fact, most exchanges have been experiencing fairly low levels of trade volume, which leaves pumping and dumping (in either direction) fairly easy to carry out with a relatively low number of coins... Characterizing such trading as an "attack" comes off as an exaggeration in the least, and could be characterized as misleading if such language were coming from a troll - which I would not want to suggest that IMI is a troll, though you, savetherain, frequently do come off as a bit of a troll.... but that may be just your strange ways of presentation?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 10:05:41 PM

agreed, but it seems like some planned/coordinated attack to shake out some weak hands or to destroy some margins.

the only question is, to what purpose?

preparing for a takeoff?
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 10:08:26 PM

What a strange drop. Came home earlier saw 630 thought wow nice! looked back and hour later and 600, thinking what the hell just happened? anyone know for sure?

At least its coming back it would seem.  Smiley
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 10:09:48 PM

agreed, but it seems like some planned/coordinated attack to shake out some weak hands or to destroy some margins.

preparing for a takeoff?

The price is not good enough (not high enough) ... people are not selling, the volumes are unpleasing... There needs to be more confidence created... So basically they dump so they can buy a bit cheaper... then they pump. Those that dumped and waiting will find out that they got duped and they will be forced to buy back in at a higher price... Cheesy ... So... the usual bullsh!t .. but you already knew that.. Smiley   Cheesy .. !!!

RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 10:10:46 PM

preparing for a takeoff?

I hope so, maybe more volatility will have shorts take positions and then boom..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 10:29:47 PM

What's new about that?  Surely, over time, some whales may become more sophisticated in their attempts to keep coins on many of the exchanges, but sometimes, there is just lead and follow going on, and sometimes there may be a lead, but other players are not willing to follow.

Yeah, the overwhelming majority of folks participating in these forums are not whales, and therefore, we can only attempt to extrapolate based on what we see and what seems logical, and the dynamics change over time, including which exchanges seem to be leading and the willingness of traders to follow under certain circumstances and also what kinds of FUD is going to be affective in order to attempt to cause a panic dump or even the kinds  of "good news" to attempt to support a pump.

Surely, also some theories and explanations regarding price movement make more sense than other theories and explanations.

I don't know whether there has to be a purpose, except for in the short term, it appears that this specific dump was successful in that some lead and others followed.  Surely, some whales have a better ability to predict and to control price direction as compared with others, yet I doubt that anyone of them really know the longer term price direction (I guess what we would characterize as medium term, weeks to several months).  I would anticipate that they frequently try to manipulate by either pumping or dumping, and sometimes the pump or dump works and other times it does not.. and when the volume is low, then it is more likely going to yield better abilities to predict for such whales. 

Those of us who are smaller fish, just attempt our best to go with the flow and to set up plans that work for us, and some of us are likely better at setting up and tailoring such plans than others.  In the end, maybe it does not matter so much what is your plan except that your plan is tailored to your own circumstances.

I don't see any purpose in really attempting to ascribe any kind of deeper or meaningful purpose to these pumps and dumps, except for the fact that they are going to occur and on individual levels we strive to prepare for them, even though they may take place in somewhat unpredictable ways, they are in the end, anticipated to take place and without significant rhyme or reason except for the fact that they are able to take place.

preparing for a takeoff?

I think that in the medium term, we have a fairly decent chance of price appreciation, and I am becoming a bit more bullish in my thinking that we are at least going to experience some shorter term pumps in the near future, absent some kind of hacking event or something like bitfinex in the near future.  Anyhow, there are a few resistance points in the upper $600s and mid-to-upper $700s that we have to make it through before becoming too anxious about the price.

umhhppp

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 11:17:41 PM

preparing for a takeoff?

The price is not good enough (not high enough) ... people are not selling, the volumes are unpleasing... There needs to be more confidence created... So basically they dump so they can buy a bit cheaper... then they pump. Those that dumped and waiting will find out that they got duped and they will be forced to buy back in at a higher price... Cheesy ... So... the usual bullsh!t .. but you already knew that.. Smiley   Cheesy .. !!!

YES!
Love anything that has Jon Snow in it! Grin
You are the rightful king and can command us as your legion of bitcoiners! Cheesy
AZwarel

Activity: 401
Merit: 280

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 12:27:18 AM

Now that i have analyzed the time at where the selling started at different exchanges (huobi, finex, stamp), it is obviously coordinated. No way that random people start to sell on 3 major exchanges at the very same 1-3 minute time frame (21:12 UTC, on a Sunday evening, riiight). Organized dump, nothing to see here.

They probably been preparing for this for hours/days. (You need to load up btc on different exchanges, than start selling at the very same time on those exchanges, for an obvious loss i might add - i would just use an OCT service for unload large amount of btc, less hassle, better price - clear manipulation.)
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2794
Merit: 1820

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 12:33:51 AM

Now that i have analyzed the time at where the selling started at different exchanges (huobi, finex, stamp), it is obviously coordinated. No way that random people start to sell on 3 major exchanges at the very same 1-3 minute time frame (21:12 UTC, on a Sunday evening, riiight). Organized dump, nothing to see here.

They probably been preparing for this for hours/days. (You need to load up btc on different exchanges, than start selling at the very same time on those exchanges, for an obvious loss i might add - i would just use an OCT service for unload large amount of btc, less hassle, better price - clear manipulation.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrage
AZwarel

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 12:38:50 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrage

Yes, well, that needs time to react/deposit/organize. No way, you can arbitrage in less than 30 sec, between different regions, unless you have substantial amount of deposits on different exchanges at the same time, and watching/running bots, and still, that would only be reactionary, not preemptive.
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 12:42:27 AM

Yes, well, that needs time to react/deposit/organize. No way, you can arbitrage in less than 30 sec, between different regions, unless you have substantial amount of deposits on different exchanges at the same time, and watching/running bots, and still, that would only be reactionary, not preemptive.

How can you tell the difference between a bot reaction and predetermined action when they can react instantly?
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 01:15:28 AM

ok, anyone mind explain what the fuck is going on?

no fckn idea

testing the market to see if there can be some cheaper coins bought

a ploy used by large traders to scare the market, often seen in early days of BTC trading

look at the walls to see if the sell side is built up, large traders implement a fake wall

next is to hope the market scares more

get buddies in at cheaper price and buy up again

congratulate each other, suck dick and do it again

BTC WALL

bottom two charts, market depth
https://bitcoincharts.com/markets/bitstampUSD_depth.html

mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 01:33:51 AM

and your point is?    ... clear manipulation...

your pointing out something that is in every part of society - interest rates, products, services, entertainment, finance

why can't bitcoin have it as well.

are you pro manipulation or against?
AZwarel

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 02:50:39 AM

and your point is?    ... clear manipulation...

your pointing out something that is in every part of society - interest rates, products, services, entertainment, finance

why can't bitcoin have it as well.

are you pro manipulation or against?

I do not have "a point". It was just an interesting observation. Am all for manipulation, this is supposedly a free market, as long as the trades are voluntary, i do not care/mind. What was interesting, is that the supposed "seller" could make more profit, if it had not dumped everywhere at the same time and crushing the price with such volume, so obviously profit making was not the goal, but i might be wrong, and these were just faulty bots overreacting - remember, it was late Sunday evening in Europe, late afternoon in US, and around 3am in Asia, still on Sunday, not many people are awake/trading at this time?  Roll Eyes
ynef

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 05:56:44 AM

This has become a rather boring and predictable pattern, don't you think? It's funny because yesterday I was looking at the chart and thought to myself it's going down.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 06:17:14 AM

Bullshit drop if I've ever seen one. This is going way up!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 06:49:02 AM

You are describing too much in absolutes.  There is a decent possibility that you could be correct; however, what you assert is not obviously the case.  There are also concepts described as leading, signaling and following.  Sure, there could be some coins on each exchange that are controlled by the same folks or entities, but that is not a necessary factor in order to achieve a similar result with folks with similar agendas following the signal within minutes (as you say) of the occurrence of the dumping on the other exchanges. 

You even are bold enough to characterize the dump as "unsuccessful", but what the fuck do you know about the goals and objective of the various players?  You are purely speculating because you do not indicate that you know any of them personally (and you surely would indicate if you actually knew any of them, if you did).  Let's say hypothetically, one of the dumping entities had some kind of contract with a miner or some other holder of coins that they could purchase up to a certain quantity of coins from them off line (over the counter) (let's say up to 30k of coins) within a certain window time-period based on the BTC price at that time.  They may have manipulated prices on the exchanges with a far smaller quantity of coins in order to obtain those coins over the counter (and off the exchanges).

I guess my point is that you don't really know what is going on, even though frame the situation in kind of absolutes and in order to strongly assert that the only possibility is what you describe, which is misleading, and approaching nonsense to describe the situation in such absolute terms.
Pages: « 1 ... 15806 15807 15808 15809 15810 15811 15812 15813 15814 15815 15816 15817 15818 15819 15820 15821 15822 15823 15824 15825 15826 15827 15828 15829 15830 15831 15832 15833 15834 15835 15836 15837 15838 15839 15840 15841 15842 15843 15844 15845 15846 15847 15848 15849 15850 15851 15852 15853 15854 15855 [15856] 15857 15858 15859 15860 15861 15862 15863 15864 15865 15866 15867 15868 15869 15870 15871 15872 15873 15874 15875 15876 15877 15878 15879 15880 15881 15882 15883 15884 15885 15886 15887 15888 15889 15890 15891 15892 15893 15894 15895 15896 15897 15898 15899 15900 15901 15902 15903 15904 15905 15906 ... 33345 »
  Print  

Jump to: