May 12, 2024, 08:48:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15817 15818 15819 15820 15821 15822 15823 15824 15825 15826 15827 15828 15829 15830 15831 15832 15833 15834 15835 15836 15837 15838 15839 15840 15841 15842 15843 15844 15845 15846 15847 15848 15849 15850 15851 15852 15853 15854 15855 15856 15857 15858 15859 15860 15861 15862 15863 15864 15865 15866 [15867] 15868 15869 15870 15871 15872 15873 15874 15875 15876 15877 15878 15879 15880 15881 15882 15883 15884 15885 15886 15887 15888 15889 15890 15891 15892 15893 15894 15895 15896 15897 15898 15899 15900 15901 15902 15903 15904 15905 15906 15907 15908 15909 15910 15911 15912 15913 15914 15915 15916 15917 ... 33343 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26382145 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 01:44:55 AM

No SegWit yet, right?  No on-chain scaling in the works at all.
Mining still centralized in China with no plans at all to address the problem, right?

Bitcoin either completely useless or becoming so for payment processing? check.

Doesn't seem to be a good store of value.
Doesn't seem to be a good medium of exchange. 10 minutes for a confirmation?
Doesn't seem to be a useful unit of account.

Whatever. Keep buying or holding. I haven't quite paid off my house yet.

Yes, in other words the trolls are out, and you, BJA, are continuing to assert that you are in a good position no matter which way BTC prices go.. without really acknowledging that you engaged in substantially large shorts  in the upper $200s in late 2015 and in the upper $300s in May 2016...    Your batting average is not too good, and maybe the fact that you are here, asserting that the sky is falling could be a sign that peeps need to go "all in."   hahahahaha
   Wink Wink

Huh You know any perfect traders? Yeah, my shorts got rekt, but since I started buying at $6 and have already broke even, everything I do from here on out is pure profit. The only question is how much, so if I was a boob who bought near the ATH, I wouldn't be throwing stones.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10240

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 02:05:56 AM

No SegWit yet, right?  No on-chain scaling in the works at all.
Mining still centralized in China with no plans at all to address the problem, right?

Yes, in other words the trolls are out, and you, BJA, are continuing to assert that you are in a good position no matter which way BTC prices go.. without really acknowledging that you engaged in substantially large shorts  in the upper $200s in late 2015 and in the upper $300s in May 2016...    Your batting average is not too good, and maybe the fact that you are here, asserting that the sky is falling could be a sign that peeps need to go "all in."   hahahahaha
   Wink Wink

Huh You know any perfect traders?

I will concede that I do not know any perfect traders, but I know that some systems of trading are better suited to accomplish objectives than others - even though they may not be perfect.

Yeah, my shorts got rekt, but since I started buying at $6 and have already broke even, everything I do from here on out is pure profit. The only question is how much,

Yeah, you are always profitable.. and bragging.

so if I was a boob who bought near the ATH, I wouldn't be throwing stones.

There is a difference.   I am not coming out bragging and making bold predictions and attempting to spread FUD.

Sure, I make predictions, such as "seems more likely that it is going to be going up rather than down.. blah blah blah" but I am not attempting to persuade anyone to either panic buy or panic sell.

I tend to suggest that people go in moderation, even though I know moderation may not be suitable for all people, so surely people need to find systems that ultimately work for them and their finances, their risk profile and timeline.

Regarding buying at the top, you are full of it.. I have explained this situation a zillion times, and it is ultimately irrelevant.  Yes, I bought my first 1.24 bitcoins at $1,200, and I continued to buy bitcoins from then and until this day.  Currently, my average price per BTC is around $437, including some losses on paper that I had from bitfinex that still could potentially recover more... .and even losses from trades that involved non-payment and even some mistaken trade situations that happen from time to time. 

In the end there is a lot that goes into establishing a person's position that s/he may take in respect to bitcoin and in light of other financial circumstances, and I, personally, am not here to compete with anyone or to attempt to have a lower average price than others or anything like that, even though my method does seem to continue in the lowering of my cost per BTC and my accumulation of BTC with the same amount invested. 

chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 02:10:25 AM

Yeah, it's overpriced - deal with it.

We deal wit it by not buyin...gotta lotta butts wit no seats imho

9.5 billion market cap...insanity IMO
Btc right now is just a way to move fiat that hardly anybody trusts. So yeah, it's market cap is too high.

I have a different view...crypto can be trusted IMO ! Math does not lie only propaganda does...market cap is way high on on Bitcoin IMO

Disclaimer:depends on hyperinflation

Crypto can be trusted - please elaborate on this mythical concept...
The dregs of society own this shit. The mainstream views it as a joke.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 02:19:28 AM

No SegWit yet, right?  No on-chain scaling in the works at all.

Yes, in other words the trolls are out, and you, BJA, are continuing to assert that you are in a good position no matter which way BTC prices go.. without really acknowledging that you engaged in substantially large shorts  in the upper $200s in late 2015 and in the upper $300s in May 2016...    Your batting average is not too good, and maybe the fact that you are here, asserting that the sky is falling could be a sign that peeps need to go "all in."   hahahahaha
   Wink Wink

Huh You know any perfect traders? Yeah, my shorts got rekt, but since I started buying at $6 and have already broke even, everything I do from here on out is pure profit. The only question is how much, so if I was a boob who bought near the ATH, I wouldn't be throwing stones.
Look who the cat (mattthecat?) dragged in, hard to tell who the real kwukduk is these days. Tarmi, is that you?
above1000

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 06:08:12 AM

so crossing under 600 / could this next fall trigger the next rise,. ? / the pump must come,.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 07:05:45 AM

so crossing under 600 / could this next fall trigger the next rise,. ? / the pump must come,.
Could be but not quite guaranteed however there seems no any strong reason behind this dump today so may be whales are just trying to grab few at cheaper price.
Ted E. Bare

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Bear with me

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 07:06:44 AM

I'm buying here.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 07:20:25 AM

What did I miss?  I wasn't done dumping yet.
I did a Localbitcoin's buy of nearly 5 bitcoins, and then I was going to sell back right away with nearly a $30 spread - however, I had another urgent matter in the real world that I needed to deal with, so I thought that I should take care of the real world matter first, and prices have been pretty stable for a couple of weeks.. so no big deal, and then I would sell the coins that I had bought after I finished up the real world matter.  Next thing you know, I turn my head, and my $30 spread turned into a $15 spread... and therefore, I just locked in the $15 spread.. and a bit irritated by my having had diddle daddled around in my distraction. 

Had stuff happen to me a few times. Sometimes I would break even and wonder if it was worth the time and gas.

But every good trade builds your reputation so it's good in the long term.
beastmodeBiscuitGravy

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:20:42 AM

What did I miss?  I wasn't done dumping yet.
I did a Localbitcoin's buy of nearly 5 bitcoins, and then I was going to sell back right away with nearly a $30 spread - however, I had another urgent matter in the real world that I needed to deal with, so I thought that I should take care of the real world matter first, and prices have been pretty stable for a couple of weeks.. so no big deal, and then I would sell the coins that I had bought after I finished up the real world matter.  Next thing you know, I turn my head, and my $30 spread turned into a $15 spread... and therefore, I just locked in the $15 spread.. and a bit irritated by my having had diddle daddled around in my distraction.  

Had stuff happen to me a few times. Sometimes I would break even and wonder if it was worth the time and gas.

Played German money transmitter a few times... the clientele was rather lacking in hygiene standards and punctuality, sometimes... both.   Sad

But every good trade builds your case file reputation, so it's good in the long term. Just ask BurtW.    Undecided
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 08:48:27 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2016, 09:00:51 AM by Elwar

Played German money transmitter a few times... the clientele was rather lacking in hygiene standards and punctuality, sometimes... both.   Sad

But every good trade builds your case file reputation, so it's good in the long term. Just ask BurtW.    Undecided

Most the guys I traded with were the typical middle aged german males.

Fortunately Germany treats bitcoin as "private money" so it's legal for private individual to individual sales. But since it's a currency you can't set up an exchange without going through the legal requirements of a currency exchange. That's why localbitcoins is not able to run in Germany (unless they want to go through all of the legal red tape).

I stopped when I started getting Eastern European customers that were shady. Like I said, I wasted my time and gas with a lot of transactions.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 12:58:08 PM

i guess this btc thing will stay at 6xx for decades before some new development (and/or) mass adoption happen...  Cry

Are you prone to exaggerations, or what?

What makes you think that bitcoin is going to stay in the $600s "for decades"?  Sure it is possible, but you seem to be lacking any kind of insight based on reality or assessment.. or maybe you need a bit of patience?   

Sure, BTC prices have been in the $600s for 2-4 months, depending on how you look at the matter, but does this translate into decades.. .hardly. ... maybe you could argue or complain that we could be here for many more months, or even a year or two, ... but "decades?"  get real. Roll Eyes

If we keep the 1MB blocksize limit we might also stay on $600 for decades.

But if we do increase the blocksize and the amount of transactions the blockchain can handle per second we should see more adoption and therefore higher prices as well.

On the contrary. We should decrease blocksize if we want to stimulate innovation. Only expensive transactions will speed up development of projects like LN and sidechains.

Larger block size means lower security and therefore lower price. So no, if you want the price to go down you should increase block size.
XCASH
Legendary

Activity: 929

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 01:25:50 PM

i guess this btc thing will stay at 6xx for decades before some new development (and/or) mass adoption happen...  Cry

Are you prone to exaggerations, or what?

What makes you think that bitcoin is going to stay in the $600s "for decades"?  Sure it is possible, but you seem to be lacking any kind of insight based on reality or assessment.. or maybe you need a bit of patience?   

Sure, BTC prices have been in the $600s for 2-4 months, depending on how you look at the matter, but does this translate into decades.. .hardly. ... maybe you could argue or complain that we could be here for many more months, or even a year or two, ... but "decades?"  get real. Roll Eyes

If we keep the 1MB blocksize limit we might also stay on $600 for decades.

But if we do increase the blocksize and the amount of transactions the blockchain can handle per second we should see more adoption and therefore higher prices as well.

On the contrary. We should decrease blocksize if we want to stimulate innovation. Only expensive transactions will speed up development of projects like LN and sidechains.

Larger block size means lower security and therefore lower price. So no, if you want the price to go down you should increase block size.

Events make more of an impact on the price than all the block size stuff. Last November when China "unbanned" Bitcoin again the price shot up, and nobody gave a crap about the block size.
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 01:44:06 PM

No. You are just lacking brain cells.

Solving the scaling debate with a simple blocksize increase would be bullish beyond belief. Price would skyrocket as people's faith in BTC and in Core slowly becomes restored.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 03:30:31 PM

Could be but not quite guaranteed however there seems no any strong reason behind this dump today so may be whales are just trying to grab few at cheaper price.

Well, this is likely a work in progress.

The bears could also be testing and trying to see if anyone else will follow.  They dump a bunch of coins, but are only willing to dump so many their own coins, and maybe plan to dump more of their own coins if others will follow, but if others do not follow then price may likely begin to trickle back up.  On the other hand, there is no real resolution from the perspective of non-whales because we cannot know for sure how many coins they are continued prepared to dump or on the other hand if there is some whale on the other side who has a large stash that they are willing to place towards pumping under circumstances that they believe are favorable to themselves.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 03:43:42 PM

What did I miss?  I wasn't done dumping yet.
I did a Localbitcoin's buy of nearly 5 bitcoins, and then I was going to sell back right away with nearly a $30 spread - however, I had another urgent matter in the real world that I needed to deal with, so I thought that I should take care of the real world matter first, and prices have been pretty stable for a couple of weeks.. so no big deal, and then I would sell the coins that I had bought after I finished up the real world matter.  Next thing you know, I turn my head, and my $30 spread turned into a $15 spread... and therefore, I just locked in the $15 spread.. and a bit irritated by my having had diddle daddled around in my distraction. 

When I started trading through Localbitcoins, almost everyone was buying coins from me.. .I had almost no situations in which I was buying coins.  Strange, that in recent times, I have contacts in which I buy coins, and the ones buying from me have disappeared ( I don't know if they have gone somewhere else, but they had been my regulars). 

No matter what with those local bitcoin trades, I lock them in fairly soon after conducting the trade.  So if I buy through local bitcoins, I sell right away somewhere else, and if I sell, I buy right away.

Like you said, sometimes, I do not mind jumping through a few hurdles in order to keep the relationship, because it allows me to continue to stack my bets on both sides and then to immediately fold profits into my total BTC trading portfolio allocation.   Frequently with my trades on exchanges, the amounts are very small back and forth, but with Localbitcoin's there seems to be a tendency for the amounts to be larger, and that is why I prefer to lock in soon after the trade.

I have gotten screwed over a couple of times, and there is a pretty large number of non-serious folks that contact me, either to buy or to sell and they want to "work out a deal."  These days I tell them that as long as they do the first transaction in accordance with the terms of my advertisement in Localbitcoins, and I meet them, I may be willing to work out deals for the future.. but I am not going to "work out deals" or negotiate with them about my terms until after they at least perform one transaction in accordance with the terms of my ad, which I believe is more than fair.  Probably less than half of my new contacts comply and the majority disappear (In the end, I think that they are looking to scam someone). 

So, generally, once I have some regular traders that I like, it seems to be good to hang on to them and to be fair with them in order to have continued direct trading relations.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 04:02:13 PM

Stolen Bitfinex bitcoins are being sold out on major exchanges and market is absorbing them with healthy appetite.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4482

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 04:02:20 PM

Good morning Bitcoinland.

Down a dime overnight I see... $598 according to Bitcoinaverage. Small potatoes.

The way some trolls posted weeping faces and talk of gloom and doom, you'd think we'd had a significant dip.

Are we that hypnotized by a week or two of flat sideways that $10 seems like a big thing?  Roll Eyes

peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 04:15:21 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2016, 04:46:21 PM by peonminer

Feds raise rate.

Goblin town.

The crypto market is tough. It owes us nothing. It punishes our mistakes. Others have more money, more power, more connections. We are underdogs. We keep learning. We innovate. Every day is a new fight. Technology is our weapon. We make millions of small trades. We cut losses. We identify opportunities. We focus. The market can be beaten. We love the game.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 04:59:14 PM

Good morning Bitcoinland.

Down a dime overnight I see... $598 according to Bitcoinaverage. Small potatoes.

The way some trolls posted weeping faces and talk of gloom and doom, you'd think we'd had a significant dip.

Are we that hypnotized by a week or two of flat sideways that $10 seems like a big thing?  Roll Eyes

Sure it is nice to type about price movements and to speculate - that's one of the purposes of this thread...  but really the price movements are not very significant in terms of arguing one way or another until we break out of the current price channel, which really seems to be between about $560 and $630 (give or take a dime, in your words..  Wink  )
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:05:21 PM

https://www.federalreserve.gov/mediacenter/live-broadcast.htm

Pages: « 1 ... 15817 15818 15819 15820 15821 15822 15823 15824 15825 15826 15827 15828 15829 15830 15831 15832 15833 15834 15835 15836 15837 15838 15839 15840 15841 15842 15843 15844 15845 15846 15847 15848 15849 15850 15851 15852 15853 15854 15855 15856 15857 15858 15859 15860 15861 15862 15863 15864 15865 15866 [15867] 15868 15869 15870 15871 15872 15873 15874 15875 15876 15877 15878 15879 15880 15881 15882 15883 15884 15885 15886 15887 15888 15889 15890 15891 15892 15893 15894 15895 15896 15897 15898 15899 15900 15901 15902 15903 15904 15905 15906 15907 15908 15909 15910 15911 15912 15913 15914 15915 15916 15917 ... 33343 »
  Print  

Jump to: