May 11, 2024, 11:14:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 16861 16862 16863 16864 16865 16866 16867 16868 16869 16870 16871 16872 16873 16874 16875 16876 16877 16878 16879 16880 16881 16882 16883 16884 16885 16886 16887 16888 16889 16890 16891 16892 16893 16894 16895 16896 16897 16898 16899 16900 16901 16902 16903 16904 16905 16906 16907 16908 16909 16910 [16911] 16912 16913 16914 16915 16916 16917 16918 16919 16920 16921 16922 16923 16924 16925 16926 16927 16928 16929 16930 16931 16932 16933 16934 16935 16936 16937 16938 16939 16940 16941 16942 16943 16944 16945 16946 16947 16948 16949 16950 16951 16952 16953 16954 16955 16956 16957 16958 16959 16960 16961 ... 33341 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381706 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ARTISTCOLONY

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:46:24 PM

Dunno. If the silly sausages had been there then they would've been able to voice those reservations and help draft a better agreement. A bonkers idea I know.

Its more of a proposal without bitcoin core and the major exchanges. It's a nice starting point but without near universal support it is just a setup for a split into Bitcoin Classic and Bitcoin Whatever. We would be better off with the status quo and high fees than a contentious split.

Consensus is consensus and is very hard by definition. I agree that it is concerning that major players appear to be unwilling sit down in person for discussions.

no way there is going to be a split ~ prolly just 100s of more copy/paste btc shitcoins Cool
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10240

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:47:30 PM

And Barry Silbert said he invited several Core types but no one took him up on the offer.

People and companies willing to join big blocktard group are not so much!

Does that mean that this announcement is NOT as bullish as anticipated.  So what if all these folks agree, but if core does not agree, and they end up forking off with these terms, then we could have two forks.

Maybe this is not as bullish as we thought because core is not agreeing to lower the consensus threshold in this case, right?

You think that you can make an exception to lower the consensus threshold and then every time there is a dispute, there would be an attempt to use 80% as the new consensus threshold? 

I suppose ultimately if this is a softfork rather than a hardfork, then it is not as big of a deal to have a consensus threshold that is lower than 95%.
ARTISTCOLONY

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:58:13 PM

And Barry Silbert said he invited several Core types but no one took him up on the offer.

32mb limit bring it back satoshi * haa Cool
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:03:56 PM

Does that mean that this announcement is NOT as bullish as anticipated.  So what if all these folks agree, but if core does not agree, and they end up forking off with these terms, then we could have two forks.

Maybe this is not as bullish as we thought because core is not agreeing to lower the consensus threshold in this case, right?

You think that you can make an exception to lower the consensus threshold and then every time there is a dispute, there would be an attempt to use 80% as the new consensus threshold?  

I suppose ultimately if this is a softfork rather than a hardfork, then it is not as big of a deal to have a consensus threshold that is lower than 95%.

I view it as slightly bullish.
Parties seem to be slowly converging closer towards possible consensus.

From my admittedly layman and non-technical perspective the 95% threshold makes sense. However 83% of the hashing power is getting much closer to 95% then we have been in the past. Perhaps now further discussions and compromises need to be made to get the last 12% and bitcoin core on board. The major exchanges would probably all follow at that point. That would be extremely bullish.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:06:38 PM

Luke Jr is working on this - https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2017-May/014399.html

Let us hope that everyone moulds it into the least shit option on the table.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:18:47 PM

Does that mean that this announcement is NOT as bullish as anticipated.  So what if all these folks agree, but if core does not agree, and they end up forking off with these terms, then we could have two forks.

From my admittedly layman and non-technical perspective the 95% threshold makes sense. However 83% of the hashing power is getting much closer to 95% then we have been in the past. Perhaps now further discussions and compromises need to be made to get the last 12% and bitcoin core on board. The major exchanges would probably all follow at that point. That would be extremely bullish.

Yeah.. it is a bit bullish because there seems to be some compromising going on there.. however, it appears to still be dead set on a hardfork and changes in governance.. that is kind of a punchline, and attempting to make it sound as if everyone is onboard, when they are missing the technical folks who really understand bitcoin.. hahahahaha..

IN other words, a bunch of goofballs agreeing to something that is not going to fly...

By the way, I don't see any meaningful change to segwit signalling - still signalling in the mid 30%... If this "agreement" were so serious, shouldn't we see an immediate boost in segwit signalling in order to support the sentiment that 83.28% are onboard with seg wit.. Instead, they seem to be attempting to mislead folks into supporting an unnecessary hardfork .. which is NOT going to fly.. .

So, yeah, they can fork off, and then seg wit will get adopted in the remaining 16.72% chain.. hahahaha.. and that minor chain will become the real bitcoin.. hahahahaha
ARTISTCOLONY

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:19:55 PM

2mb upgrade is obvious...segwit still confusing to some! ===> stay tuned Cool  //$2500 approaching<<<
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 10:26:55 PM

Luke Jr is working on this - https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2017-May/014399.html

Between Hilliard and Luke Jr, there are several alternative plans out there. They will need to simply #UASF in the end.

They know it will end in tears, but that is where their course has taken them.

(Typical Luke - "I left the author blank because i dont want to get fucked over be seen to champion this" )
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:41:59 PM

2mb upgrade is obvious...segwit still confusing to some! ===> stay tuned Cool  //$2500 approaching<<<

Don't be a fucking goofball.  You are saying the opposite of the truth.

The most obvious upgrade is seg wit.

2mb remains controversial, hardforks are not acceptable and changes in governance is not acceptable, unless perhaps if they were done through a softfork that is approaching a large scale of consensus and likely to result in consensus without force..
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:48:04 PM

Not at all. Block size limit should be lowered not increased.
ARTISTCOLONY

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:52:04 PM

for your shitcoin botnets ya ===>that way we can mint coins on a vacuum cleaner Cool rotff happy ATH BTC kaboooom++

===> also ETC : BTC to skyrocket<<<
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:53:56 PM

Actually, even though technically you are probably correct that bitcoin would be better with blocksize limit that is lower than 1mb - there is a certain advantage in just keeping the status quo - even if a lower blocksize limit would technically be the better design.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:00:22 PM

Does anyone else feel like this is all just the pre-game runup to something much bigger??
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:06:04 PM

Does anyone else feel like this is all just the pre-game runup to something much bigger??

I think that something is planned out for us already, but we don't know what it is, yet.

But once we see it, we will realize that it was already planned  (at least some of us will - the non-sheeple)...   amirite?Huh.
 Wink   Cheesy
CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:07:34 PM

Actually, even though technically you are probably correct that bitcoin would be better with blocksize limit that is lower than 1mb - there is a certain advantage in just keeping the status quo - even if a lower blocksize limit would technically be the better design.

In the hypothetical 2MB hardfork to follow SegWit linked above

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2017-May/014399.html

The author also argued that 1mb blocks are too big. Ignoring for a moment the issues with full blocks and transaction fees what is the concern with current blocksize?

mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:10:34 PM

I think that something is planned out for us already, but we don't know what it is, yet.

But once we see it, we will realize that it was already planned  (at least some of us will - the non-sheeple)...   amirite?Huh.
 Wink   Cheesy

cashless societies, borderless currencies, blockchain apps for business, cheaper financial infrastructure

the big players are developing now
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:13:41 PM

Ignoring for a moment the issues with full blocks and transaction fees what is the concern with current blocksize?

That surely can't be ignored. That's what's being utilised to throw all these power plays around.

In a way the attitude towards block space was introduced backwards. People got used to using it for the most piffling reasons, whereas perhaps they should've started off respecting it and figuring out the use cases from there.
CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:18:44 PM

cashless societies, borderless currencies, blockchain apps for business, cheaper financial infrastructure

the big players are developing now

And perhaps as important as all that we are slowly learning how to govern by consensus rather then via demagoguery or 51% majority rule.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:23:33 PM

He also offered them coffee and bagels. I'd give up my ideals for that.

bluematt's position is ludicrous. Here is a large contingent which obviously against unqualified adoption of segwit, yet he advocates that unqualified adoption of segwit represents consensus. Autism much?
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:26:59 PM

The BIP148 User Activated Segwit Fuckery is pretty much guaranteed to fail. Fine. Fork off. The remainder that do not will promptly move to larger blocks. Begone!
Pages: « 1 ... 16861 16862 16863 16864 16865 16866 16867 16868 16869 16870 16871 16872 16873 16874 16875 16876 16877 16878 16879 16880 16881 16882 16883 16884 16885 16886 16887 16888 16889 16890 16891 16892 16893 16894 16895 16896 16897 16898 16899 16900 16901 16902 16903 16904 16905 16906 16907 16908 16909 16910 [16911] 16912 16913 16914 16915 16916 16917 16918 16919 16920 16921 16922 16923 16924 16925 16926 16927 16928 16929 16930 16931 16932 16933 16934 16935 16936 16937 16938 16939 16940 16941 16942 16943 16944 16945 16946 16947 16948 16949 16950 16951 16952 16953 16954 16955 16956 16957 16958 16959 16960 16961 ... 33341 »
  Print  

Jump to: