May 03, 2024, 06:04:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 [591] 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 ... 33317 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371244 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Jozzaboy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:30:18 AM

Japan crashing again.  Nikkei -5%.

Come to Bitcoin, your money is safe here  Grin

Good god yes! The more the fiat world collapses, the more my bitcoins are worth. My guns have bullets and I have a year of food. Bring it on!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aepfel

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:36:28 AM

Japan crashing again.  Nikkei -5%.

Come to Bitcoin, your money is safe here  Grin

Good god yes! The more the fiat world collapses, the more my bitcoins are worth. My guns have bullets and I have a year of food. Bring it on!

nice attitude. -.-
Jozzaboy

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:41:29 AM

I'm prepared for the mathematically inevitable death of the printed money economy. Are you, brother?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:02:54 AM

aepfel

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:14:15 AM

I'm prepared for the mathematically inevitable death of the printed money economy. Are you, brother?
yes, i am.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:02:44 AM

ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:13:09 AM

I think Human history (and those that control it) have give people the idea that we, humans, are inherently bad. That is false, but when you control the past and present, you have a way of effecting the future.

Agreed. The very next poster provides a case in point:

The moment we free ourselves from the tyranny of the goverment and become free...

I'm selling you my laptop and all my bitcoins for a bow , 10 arrows and a blanket.

A common reaction. People often imagine that without centrally enforced rules, everything would instantly dissolve into a dog-eat-dog war zone with people killing other people at random, looting, raping and taking a shit in front of your door (someone once provided this as an argument in this very same discussion with me..). As if the only thing stopping people from acting this way right now is the looming threat of imprisonment and punishment by the legal system. Divide and conquer still seems to be working quite well.

Have you ever noticed that laws are there for OTHER people? As in the laws are here to prevent other people from killing me and stealing my stuff. Not to prevent me from doing the same. I'm a decent fellow. It's those other bastards...  Grin
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:25:01 AM

I think Human history (and those that control it) have give people the idea that we, humans, are inherently bad. That is false, but when you control the past and present, you have a way of effecting the future.

The moment we free ourselves from the tyranny of the goverment and become free...

I'm selling you my laptop and all my bitcoins for a bow , 10 arrows and a blanket.

A common reaction. People often imagine that without centrally enforced rules, everything would instantly dissolve into a dog-eat-dog war zone with people killing other people at random, looting, raping and taking a shit in front of your door (someone once provided this as an argument in this very same discussion with me..). As if the only thing stopping people from acting this way right now is the looming threat of imprisonment and punishment by the legal system. Divide and conquer still seems to be working quite well.

Have you ever noticed that laws are there for OTHER people? As in the laws are here to prevent other people from killing me and stealing my stuff. Not to prevent me from doing the same. I'm a decent fellow. It's those other bastards...  Grin

i consider myself a well behaved person, generally... never had any cop trouble or anything... but man, if i knew there were no legal repercussions i can easily envision reacting very differently to past situations i've been in. sometimes a person just needs to have their ass kicked, ya know?
EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:31:36 AM

A little reminder. http://silverdoctors.com/one-year-in-hellsurviving-a-full-shtf-collapse-in-bosnia/
Jozzaboy

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:39:27 AM

A little reminder. http://silverdoctors.com/one-year-in-hellsurviving-a-full-shtf-collapse-in-bosnia/

Well... shit. I'm heavily armed, plenty food and supplies but I'm single. Maybe I should sell some bitcoins for a bunker  Wink
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:54:31 AM

I'm fighting an uphill battle saying this, but:

I wonder how much a situation in which a society used to (and arguably dependent on) a single set of enforced rules suddenly finds itself without the means to enforce those rules can be compared with a situation in which a society organically grows into a state without said enforced rules.

The point most people seem to overlook in a discussion like this is that people are so hooked on the idea of having rules that if you take away the current rules, they will immediately get to work on new sets of rules. The benefit I see there is in a possible plurality of rule-sets as opposed to a single set of rules for all. In other words voluntary choices instead of forced submission. Not a very popular idea, I know, but I still imagine that having multiple options and no monopoly on the legal use of force would be very beneficial for everybody involved (maybe except for sociopaths wanting to control everybody).

btw after first reading that article a while ago I decided to load up on batteries...just in case Cheesy
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:00:05 AM

People living a quiet life eating pies with their neighbours and talking about how bad their goverment is with a beer in their hands don't have a clue what happens when there is no central authority.

The same neighbour will kill you for food simply because he doesn't want to die first.
Armed gang will soon appear because it's human nature to seek power and to gain control , also to ensure your own life. Kill before getting killed.

What happend is former Yugoslavia and what happend right after the fall of mother Russia in the ex-soviets states is a clear example.

Ps. I live close to the serbian-romanian border , so the shit going there was real.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:02:54 AM

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:05:03 AM

I guess laws to keep us "under control" to an extent. And when you watch the news all the bad in the world rarely, if ever, seems to be where you live. Notice that? I mean it usually isn't even in your country. It is like programming to pass ridiculous laws... but it is starting to fail.  Grin

People are waking up, albeit slowly in the States...
drdanishkhan

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:08:41 AM

In any scenario where theres an absence of central authority or rules people will revert to their original sociopathic state.. people will kill each other for petty things because now they will not be questioned for the crime.. i think rules are necessary but only to an extent where they protect the society and not an individual.. rules today are only for those without power, the average citizen.. the ones with money aka power still dont have to answer for their crimes..
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:09:56 AM

People living a quiet life eating pies with their neighbours and talking about how bad their goverment is with a beer in their hands don't have a clue what happens when there is no central authority.

The same neighbour will kill you for food simply because he doesn't want to die first.
Armed gang will soon appear because it's human nature to seek power and to gain control , also to ensure your own life. Kill before getting killed.

What happend is former Yugoslavia and what happend right after the fall of mother Russia in the ex-soviets states is a clear example.

Ps. I live close to the serbian-romanian border , so the shit going there was real.

When we treat other people as "competitors" then stealing and such when times get tough is a predictable outcome. But we have known no other form of government and economics. We are taught in the schools that Darwin was right, when nature shows us cooperation is right. (Even with Lions hunting prey, Nature is mostly a brilliant example of cooperation).

So, you can express your examples till the cows come home, but your (our) operating system is an artificially created one. See, we don't know what human nature truly is if we watch TV, experience wars, etc. because we have been programmed from an early age to believe the BS they have been feeding us.

There are examples of peoples in the world (e.g. - Kogi) who are quite peaceful and retreat in the face of fighting (they did). But they don't follow our culture. And as this sick operating system is replaced by a more cooperative one, peoples will look back at this time and speak with certainty of how wrong we were about "people are inherently evil".
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:11:50 AM

When we treat other people as "competitors" then stealing and such when times get tough is a predictable outcome. But we have known no other form of government and economics. We are taught in the schools that Darwin was right, when nature shows us cooperation is right. (Even with Lions hunting prey, Nature is mostly a brilliant example of cooperation).

So, you can express your examples till the cows come home, but your (our) operating system is an artificially created one. See, we don't know what human nature truly is if we watch TV, experience wars, etc. because we have been programmed from an early age to believe the BS they have been feeding us.

There are examples of peoples in the world (e.g. - Kogi) who are quite peaceful and retreat in the face of fighting (they did). But they don't follow our culture. And as this sick operating system is replaced by a more cooperative one, peoples will look back at this time and speak with certainty of how wrong we were about "people are inherently evil".

Keep dreaming.....
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:13:04 AM

In any scenario where theres an absence of central authority or rules people will revert to their original sociopathic state.. people will kill each other for petty things because now they will not be questioned for the crime.. i think rules are necessary but only to an extent where they protect the society and not an individual.. rules today are only for those without power, the average citizen.. the ones with money aka power still dont have to answer for their crimes..

Again, you don't know that. You are speaking like recent history is the proof of what human behavior is.

We have been led by the least among us. We have been led with money in mind and not compassion. Change the variables of the equation we currently live in, and you would not feel nor believe what you do.

Our educational system has been dumbing us down with Prussian "education" since the 1800's. Taking away and killing our creativity and curiosity.

Do the real research and you will see we have manipulated to feel and believe what we currently do.

But welcome to the apocalypse - the truth is being unveiled...
fr33d0miz3r

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:13:10 AM

what happend right after the fall of mother Russia in the ex-soviets states is a clear example.

This example is  not correct. Actually, a lot of Russian gangsters of 1990s are in government now. So, we have a central authority made by real mafiosos. That's a huge problem. These gangsters took real power, and, BTW, Russia is actualy going to the new USSR now.
And, as said above, the problem was that people were not prepared for freedom after USSR.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:13:33 AM

Keep dreaming.....

You believe your sick dream and let those peaceful of us LIVE ours.
Pages: « 1 ... 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 [591] 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 ... 33317 »
  Print  

Jump to: