June 21, 2024, 11:25:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 3452 3453 3454 3455 3456 3457 3458 3459 3460 3461 3462 3463 3464 3465 3466 3467 3468 3469 3470 3471 3472 3473 3474 3475 3476 3477 3478 3479 3480 3481 3482 3483 3484 3485 3486 3487 3488 3489 3490 3491 3492 3493 3494 3495 3496 3497 3498 3499 3500 3501 [3502] 3503 3504 3505 3506 3507 3508 3509 3510 3511 3512 3513 3514 3515 3516 3517 3518 3519 3520 3521 3522 3523 3524 3525 3526 3527 3528 3529 3530 3531 3532 3533 3534 3535 3536 3537 3538 3539 3540 3541 3542 3543 3544 3545 3546 3547 3548 3549 3550 3551 3552 ... 33467 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26404219 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:52:07 PM

As if what Risto posted isn't equally credible as a screenshot. Both require a comparable amount of work to be faked properly.

Anyway, does it really matter? I'd prefer people listen to the argument rather than the arguer.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:02:12 PM

ag@th0s

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:05:06 PM

Never seen it mentioned here, so just throwing this out, but what happens when the *kids* discover crypto? That's my take on doge - it might not be the one that does it, but if there aren't thousands of proto geeks mining doge at the moment I'd be amazed. All the things we love about bitcoin apply in the playground - it's going to be the next wave of adoption.

+1, they'd be more in touch with social trends too, the next meme, vid, etc. could turn into the next hot altcoin overnight. Its worth spending a bit of time on MMO's etc just to see the trading too, there's plenty of 12 year olds out there that would put the most wizened used car dealers to shame Wink

Totally - trading - establishing your own value systems that are not under authority control is everything when you're 12. Don't know/care if it will help bitcoin in the short term, but the kids will build a foundation under our dreams, because they're not stupid.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:07:10 PM

Meanwhile I feel I want to divulge some trading from Gox. This account was freshly activated in 13.12. and not used for arbitrage, so it reveals some of my actual trading skill:

SELL-1 13.-16.12.                  -379,997      342 097,075   900,26   
BUY-1 17.-18.12.                  554,946      -323 856,498   583,58   -0,351765657
SELL-2 19.-26.12.                  -972,091      713 878,256   734,37   0,258391254

These are the totals/averages. Given the conditions in the buyback phase BUY-1, I think 584 was a reasonable price, resulting in 50% increase of coins. I bought all the way down and my lowest bids were not hit (hence only 324k invested of the 342k sold). The SELL-2 is now a little underwater but I am prepared to sell more, in fact I did sell 200 at an average 815 a couple days ago.

How are the others doing (in the light of figures, not feelings Wink )?

Unchanged Smiley

It was 9.12.2013 that I made a new trading plan based on a "secular" bear market (in Bitcoin context something that lasts at least a month). Before that I had kept the position quite constant for a few days, doing some profitable arbitrage between China/BS.

First I drew a downtrend from the high of 30.11. and aimed to sell when we were above the trend. This resulted in a whole week of selling until 15.12. Then as it started to look that it could tip over any moment, I tried to bet with Goat and issued the now-famous prediction that it would crash to 450. It did crash, but my mistake was to underestimate the magnitude of the crash. I bought a large portion back at 670 (BS) when it was stabilizing. Then next day it crashed some more, resulting in a practical jackpot (as you can see above).

Then I was a little bit too eager to sell, correctly calling the local tops in 625 and 666 but failing to sell in the dips (because of the experiences of the previous one). Now it has crept higher, and I have sold more, bringing the average sell price rather close to what the price is now. This trade is for the long haul, because there are a myriad of events that can bring the exchange rate to 300-400 and 400-500 would happen even without anything special. What I cannot know is the exact timing. Now I feel a similarity to 15.12. in many indicators, and will be the first to sell more when the ball starts rolling.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:08:49 PM

I think you didn't understand what I asked for, I can post a made up data as well, I can tell from a screen shot whether you really do and believe what you post here (short term) around, or you are just a troll and try to move sentiment to your desired position.... because you act as a consultant and a trading adviser...

As you should understand by now, by checking how long it takes for me to enter and exit a trade (from the valuable info I posted which - properly analyzed - would greatly boost your skills also), I cannot offer such a service which wakes up all small traders at the instant I make a move  Undecided

Besides I don't understand this consultant thing, I haven't sold such services for years really, nor intend to. All the contribution here is free and buyer beware, as with everybody else's. I honestly believe that people should pay more attention to the opinions of successful people, and have taken some provocations as opportunities to show proof of the success. This is a second time (only) that I have posted a complete record of trades in the ballpark of BTC1k, and will remain so. Keep your apology if you want, and believe it will earn you better karma. I will not put you on ignore, because I like your posts, but I will kindly ask you to ignore me as you seemingly cannot take my facts as they are and develop a conversation based on them.

If anyone wonders why my post quality is so low in this thread, it is not because of my lack of willingness to contribute, it is because mainly the fools reply to my posts and the smart people do not pick the ball.

As much as it seems to you that I "trash" your posts, I am not putting you on ignore, in fact my ignore list is really small, if I didn't ignore Mirsad (being racist and an ass) why should I ignore you ?

I do not hate you, but I do not agree with some of your posts, I neither  disrespect your point of views, but my character (ego) has a really small tolerance to some kind of behavior.

I apologize if you understood my posts the wrong way, but I would like to advise you to learn to respect other peoples inputs as much as you want yours to be respected, and leave the "how rich I am" and " I have more you should listen to me" and "market movers like me" and you know exactly what I mean here, because by that no matter how good your analyse or accurate they are, you are just giving members a bad picture about your self (such an ego, though I have a problem with my ego till I met you).

the moment you think that you know everything is the moment when you know nothing and you wont be able to learn anything, and BTW you own things so don't let it own you...

mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:13:02 PM

As if what Risto posted isn't equally credible as a screenshot. Both require a comparable amount of work to be faked properly.

Anyway, does it really matter? I'd prefer people listen to the argument rather than the arguer.

well does it ?!! I like to argue too, but we need to know how to argue... you cant break a wall with your bear hands you need tools, I don't know if you understand what I am trying to say, or you just act like you don't but I am sure rpietila did understand what I am trying to say... otherwise he wouldn't answer my posts.

it is solved anyway so lets us talk about the price and BTW doge is scaring the hell out of me....
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:24:15 PM

Never seen it mentioned here, so just throwing this out, but what happens when the *kids* discover crypto? That's my take on doge - it might not be the one that does it, but if there aren't thousands of proto geeks mining doge at the moment I'd be amazed. All the things we love about bitcoin apply in the playground - it's going to be the next wave of adoption.

+1, they'd be more in touch with social trends too, the next meme, vid, etc. could turn into the next hot altcoin overnight. Its worth spending a bit of time on MMO's etc just to see the trading too, there's plenty of 12 year olds out there that would put the most wizened used car dealers to shame Wink

Totally - trading - establishing your own value systems that are not under authority control is everything when you're 12. Don't know/care if it will help bitcoin in the short term, but the kids will build a foundation under our dreams, because they're not stupid.

I'd guess Bitcoin will be the backing behind that for a while too but if it takes off and evolves fast then Bitcoin could get left behind. Dogecoin's hash rate is a little suspicious, I'll have to read up on the hashing method but I thought it was more or less the same as hardware as litecoin. If so it's either become an internet phenomenon with a hell of a lot of new adopters or there's some big iron behind it, there was a lot of money spent on GPU's for mining and a large part of that went into litecoin so dogecoin having a higher hashrate doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'll take a look at that one now.

Does anyone know whether merged mining of Scrypt coins has been developed?
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 03:28:34 PM

well does it ?!! I like to argue too, but we need to know how to argue... you cant break a wall with your bear hands you need tools, I don't know if you understand what I am trying to say, or you just act like you don't but I am sure rpietila did understand what I am trying to say... otherwise he wouldn't answer my posts.

it is solved anyway so lets us talk about the price and BTW doge is scaring the hell out of me....

doge has been on a collision course with 0 the day it was created

much coin

very inflationary

many crashes

mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:32:44 PM

I'd guess Bitcoin will be the backing behind that for a while too but if it takes off and evolves fast then Bitcoin could get left behind. Dogecoin's hash rate is a little suspicious, I'll have to read up on the hashing method but I thought it was more or less the same as hardware as litecoin. If so it's either become an internet phenomenon with a hell of a lot of new adopters or there's some big iron behind it, there was a lot of money spent on GPU's for mining and a large part of that went into litecoin so dogecoin having a higher hashrate doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'll take a look at that one now.

when Feathercoin was attacked many times Litecoin dev's suggested for Feathercoin "devs" (yes I just did it, you cant call them Devs read some history and you will know what I am talking about)  that they can offer help for merge mining Feathercoin to Litecoin's network... but Feathercoin "devs" (yes I did it again) didnt want to because they believed that their Insta mined coins will be worth millions and merge mining will kill their coin (scam) ...
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 03:34:51 PM

when Feathercoin was attacked many times Litecoin dev's suggested for Feathercoin "devs" (yes I just did it, you cant call them Devs read some history and you will know what I am talking about)  that they can offer help for merge mining Feathercoin to Litecoin's network... but Feathercoin "devs" (yes I did it again) didnt want to because they believed that their Insta mined coins will be worth millions and merge mining will kill their coin (scam) ...

why "devs"
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:39:30 PM

why "devs"

someone who did copy an opensource project and changes some parameters (name and market cap), and yet not being able to update the client from 0.6 to 0.8 even with the source code being public is not a developer to me...

I wont comment whether Litecoin is a scam or not, but what I know is that Litecoin devs are helping Bitcoin devs implementing new fixes and even helping pay for some of the know bugs...

Edit: I will try to find the thread when the feathercoin "devs" were trashing Warren (the team leader dev), simply because he didnt want to help them update the client, and he even did mention if they are a real "devs" he did put some unique codes that will work only for litecoin and will kill other coins if they wont figure out what was it before implementation.... I do not know if they did figure it out I will check now
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 03:40:58 PM

why "devs"

someone who did copy an opensource project and changes some parameters (name and market cap), and yet not being able to update the client from 0.6 to 0.8 even with the source code being public is not a developer to me...

I wont comment whether Litecoin is a scam or not, but what I know is that Litecoin devs are helping Bitcoin devs implementing new fixes and even helping pay for some of the know bugs...
they are at version "Feathercoin 0.8.5" last time i checked.

and i've heard they had problems with the minning dif. because everyone was minning and then suddely stopped, leaveing the dif really high and no one was able to solve a block. they solved that.

feathercoin.com is very well done.

the video is well done

this screams talent and hard work to me....
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:44:45 PM

why "devs"

they are at version "Feathercoin 0.8.5" last time i checked.

and i've heard they had problems with the minning dif. because everyone was minning and then suddely stopped, leaveing the dif really high and no one was able to solve a block. they solved that.

feathercoin.com is very well done.

the video is well done

this screams talent and hard work to me....

mmmm interesting, is the source code of 0.8.5 provided ? I want to compare it to litecoins 0.8.6.3

Edit: a web developer not necessarily is a core developer Wink
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:44:57 PM

Yeah , I also feel scared a bit , but not by the coin , but by the herd or should I say pack of "users" behind it.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:47:36 PM

Hey Rpietlia,

Ignore the nonsense, your posts are well thought out, articulated as well as informative.  Success has enemies and it's as simple as that.  I'm sure there are many people here who learn from your analysis and take what you say into consideration when making trades.

Keep it up!

I think you didn't understand what I asked for, I can post a made up data as well, I can tell from a screen shot whether you really do and believe what you post here (short term) around, or you are just a troll and try to move sentiment to your desired position.... because you act as a consultant and a trading adviser...

As you should understand by now, by checking how long it takes for me to enter and exit a trade (from the valuable info I posted which - properly analyzed - would greatly boost your skills also), I cannot offer such a service which wakes up all small traders at the instant I make a move  Undecided

Besides I don't understand this consultant thing, I haven't sold such services for years really, nor intend to. All the contribution here is free and buyer beware, as with everybody else's. I honestly believe that people should pay more attention to the opinions of successful people, and have taken some provocations as opportunities to show proof of the success. This is a second time (only) that I have posted a complete record of trades in the ballpark of BTC1k, and will remain so. Keep your apology if you want, and believe it will earn you better karma. I will not put you on ignore, because I like your posts, but I will kindly ask you to ignore me as you seemingly cannot take my facts as they are and develop a conversation based on them.

If anyone wonders why my post quality is so low in this thread, it is not because of my lack of willingness to contribute, it is because mainly the fools reply to my posts and the smart people do not pick the ball.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:48:12 PM

Yeah , I also feel scared a bit , but not by the coin , but by the herd or should I say pack of "users" behind it.

The Doge meme was played out at day 1, I'm surprised it's still picking up steam. The hivemind is truly, agonizingly stupid.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:57:21 PM

Do you guys think its possible that DOGE will reach $1?

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:58:41 PM

no
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:02:11 PM

macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:03:07 PM

Risto is not ALWAYS right; but he's (as well as other tech analysts) a valuable asset of this forum. It's really a pity that he's back in anger on them after accusing him or vice versa, since both parties are in for a common cause: MAKING MONEY. I'd say this community here is well above average IQ-wise, for us to be such idiots not getting along politely among each other.

PEACE brothers, GET a piece (of BTC) and don't get pissed...

PS: don't forget to HODL!
Pages: « 1 ... 3452 3453 3454 3455 3456 3457 3458 3459 3460 3461 3462 3463 3464 3465 3466 3467 3468 3469 3470 3471 3472 3473 3474 3475 3476 3477 3478 3479 3480 3481 3482 3483 3484 3485 3486 3487 3488 3489 3490 3491 3492 3493 3494 3495 3496 3497 3498 3499 3500 3501 [3502] 3503 3504 3505 3506 3507 3508 3509 3510 3511 3512 3513 3514 3515 3516 3517 3518 3519 3520 3521 3522 3523 3524 3525 3526 3527 3528 3529 3530 3531 3532 3533 3534 3535 3536 3537 3538 3539 3540 3541 3542 3543 3544 3545 3546 3547 3548 3549 3550 3551 3552 ... 33467 »
  Print  

Jump to: