May 11, 2024, 07:46:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 3760 3761 3762 3763 3764 3765 3766 3767 3768 3769 3770 3771 3772 3773 3774 3775 3776 3777 3778 3779 3780 3781 3782 3783 3784 3785 3786 3787 3788 3789 3790 3791 3792 3793 3794 3795 3796 3797 3798 3799 3800 3801 3802 3803 3804 3805 3806 3807 3808 3809 [3810] 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 3823 3824 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 3851 3852 3853 3854 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 ... 33341 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381640 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
bambou

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:17:04 PM

Etoro is out of Beta and orders are executed 4 times a day now instead of once in beta.

They only trade paper bitcoins, correct?

Yes, it is CFD. It is only betting on price. No real bitcoin is bought/sold.

...gamblers Grin
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 08:18:00 PM

Etoro is out of Beta and orders are executed 4 times a day now instead of once in beta.

Well, if someone can buy/sell enough of them that it exceeds the orderbook, there could be incentive for them to move the price on real exchanges.
pietje

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:18:44 PM

Funny that you can read every chart 2 ways.
Either way the long term trendline is still up Smiley
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:18:47 PM

...gamblers Grin

And (the opposite) hedgers.  Very inefficient hedge, however.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:21:02 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 08:31:26 PM by notme

This is big govt vs big telco.
Telco wins.
Probably a good thing for people and companies that use their networks.

MPLS QoS means that things that need real-time responsiveness can get it, so your skype call doesn't get choppy when your email attachment is coming across.
Not the end of the world, and likely a good thing for progress.

It's a good thing, so long as we can control these parameters ourselves.  If I want to prioritize things differently then I should be able to.  In fact, I could already.  This is the telecos wanting to take over prioritization in the name of optimizing their networks.  Of course it is technically trivial to just ignore user priorities, but until now it was thought to be against antitrust regulations because it enables, for example Comcast, to prioritize NBC's content (which they own), and deprioritize Fox's content.  Other networks might deprioritize NBC to harm Comcast.  This is a surrender of freedom.

By ourselves, you mean free to buy network connections as you like, or be prevented by government from these being made available.
I buy "business accounts" from my telco and do my own prioritization.  Large companies pay for QoS prioritization and love it for the last 20 years, finally consumers can get a taste of it.

For most people they won't care, won't notice.
The things you are afraid of (NBC vs Cox) are already illegal under other laws in most jurisdictions (oops, sorry Italy) and are not an issue here (in the USA where this particular legal battle is fought).

If you really want to worry about something in regards to this, your radar is seeing only the media chaff, while the missile sails right through.
The operation of packet inspection for prioritization contains metadata that could ultimately be seized or subpoena and provide a deeper intrusion to privacy by TPTB.
This can show what protocols each of us are running on our networks, and that may be far more interesting than the prosaic notion of whether the ads and services you are getting are for the company from whom you are buying a network.

Think deeper.

Deep packet inspection by ISPs has been going on for at least a decade.  They never needed priority as an excuse.  But keep on cheering for more centralized control of our networks.  Soon all my traffic will be encrypted on Comcast's network.
segeln

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:22:38 PM

or this

It is quite the same than this one

and read here what they think when i explained the Chart

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=274613.1280
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 08:23:07 PM

Telco wins.

MPLS QoS means that things that need real-time responsiveness can get it, so your skype call doesn't get choppy when your email attachment is coming across.

It's a good thing, so long as we can control these parameters ourselves.  If I want to prioritize things differently then I should be able to.  In fact, I could already.  This is the telecos wanting to take over prioritization in the name of optimizing their networks.  Of course it is technically trivial to just ignore user priorities, but until now it was thought to be against antitrust regulations because it enables, for example Comcast, to prioritize NBC's content (which they own), and deprioritize Fox's content.  Other networks might deprioritize NBC to harm Comcast.  This is a surrender of freedom.

By ourselves, you mean free to buy network connections as you like, or be prevented by government from these being made available.
I buy "business accounts" from my telco and do my own prioritization.  Large companies pay for QoS prioritization and love it for the last 20 years, finally consumers can get a taste of it.

The things you are afraid of (NBC vs Cox) are already illegal under other laws in most jurisdictions (oops, sorry Italy) and are not an issue here (in the USA where this particular legal battle is fought).

If you really want to worry about something in regards to this, your radar is seeing only the media chaff, while the missile sails right through.
The operation of packet inspection for prioritization contains metadata that could ultimately be seized or subpoena and provide a deeper intrusion to privacy by TPTB.
This can show what protocols each of us are running on our networks, and that may be far more interesting than the prosaic notion of whether the ads and services you are getting are for the company from whom you are buying a network.

Think deeper.

Deep packet inspection by ISPs has been going on for at least a decade.  They never needed priority as an excuse.  But keep on cheering for more centralized control of our networks.

Would be nice if this pushes the entire internet to serve all content over TLS... however unlikely.
segeln

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:31:00 PM

or this

but the red arrow is not compulsory
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 08:32:59 PM

Telco wins.

It's a good thing, so long as we can control these parameters ourselves.  If I want to prioritize things differently then I should be able to.  In fact, I could already.  This is the telecos wanting to take over prioritization in the name of optimizing their networks.  Of course it is technically trivial to just ignore user priorities, but until now it was thought to be against antitrust regulations because it enables, for example Comcast, to prioritize NBC's content (which they own), and deprioritize Fox's content.  Other networks might deprioritize NBC to harm Comcast.  This is a surrender of freedom.

I buy "business accounts" from my telco and do my own prioritization.  Large companies pay for QoS prioritization and love it for the last 20 years, finally consumers can get a taste of it.

Think deeper.

Deep packet inspection by ISPs has been going on for at least a decade.  They never needed priority as an excuse.  But keep on cheering for more centralized control of our networks.

If you remember your history, all networks were controlled by government.  All the PTTs...
The increase of shifting of control from government to private enterprise is less "centralization" not more.
bambou

Activity: 346

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:36:32 PM

or this

It is quite the same than this one

hum if i get it you argue that it could drop to 90 and that we are in a long term bull market... dont see the point.

edit: this one is much more precise : https://www.tradingview.com/e/M1ZPd859/
it gives you a clear 'chanel' (the pink one) to consider when trading
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:49:11 PM

Telco wins.

Think deeper.

Deep packet inspection by ISPs has been going on for at least a decade.  They never needed priority as an excuse.  But keep on cheering for more centralized control of our networks.

If you remember your history, all networks were controlled by government.  All the PTTs...
The increase of shifting of control from government to private enterprise is less "centralization" not more.

Excluding broadband internet from common carrier regulations keeps completion out of the industry.  With copper lines, which do fall under common carrier, you provider has to provide you with the contracted bandwidth and you are free to resell it if you wish.  Broadband providers do not have to follow these rules.  I just moved into an apartment and I am having a terrible time dealing with Comcast just to get simple fucking internet (it's been over a week since I moved in).  If I had any other options for broadband, I would love to give them my business.  But regional monopolies dominate and even when demand is strong competitors can't get a foot in the door by buying from the monopoly provider.  Networks are expensive to build and maintain, which is why centralization is such a strong force in these industries.  Common carrier regulations were put in place to help balance this tendency and promote competition.  If a stronger Comcast is so great, why am I typing this on my phone when I have a really nice desktop?
segeln

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:49:36 PM

hum if i get it you argue that it could drop to 90 and that we are in a long term bull market... dont see the point

Please read the link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=274613.1280 and you will get the point (i hope).Feel free to ask me again.
Your Chart ist not more precise it is only more visualized by the fork. In my Chart you have also a channel (you have to enlarge the Chart then you see it clearly)
Note : my Chart,well actually it is from godmodetrader.de , was published 2013-11-18

edit: it is my favorite Chart
because it is longterm not ,as many Charts here,hours-,weeks - related and very hastily and nervous
wilfried

Activity: 288

ManualMiner

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:54:48 PM

i think gox is so successful because the fees for low volume trades are so high, it´s all about trades with high volume ripping off low-volume traders.
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:56:23 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 09:25:59 PM by macsga

Deep packet inspection by ISPs has been going on for at least a decade.  They never needed priority as an excuse.  But keep on cheering for more centralized control of our networks.

Would be nice if this pushes the entire internet to serve all content over TLS... however unlikely.

I'm concerned. You should be concerned too. WE ALL should be concerned. As Nick Colas stated here: http://www.cnbc.com/id/101298888

7. Bitcoin is untraceable

Bitcoin transactions happen online. Enough said. (Though Colas does offer: "If you think anything you do online is secret, I can't help you.")

I have ways to anonymize myself, I'd say it's a profound and wise thing to do, when dealing with money. Try A LOT of money you might (or might not) have within a few years *IF* bitcoin goes up or down respectively.
I have been investigating this since some time in 2012 to be honest. I came up with a solution that covers both encryption and anonymity via Vidalia (Tor protocol). Imagine an app that's able to run anonymously an instance of BitcoinQT that derives its connections through Tor protocol. Yeah; it's not perfect but it is SOMETHING when you need instant backup of your cold wallet and don't want to be traced.

If you need help I can also provide the code and package (provided you are entrusting a stranger's app from the net to sync your wallet.dat).  Grin
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:02:48 PM

Explanation
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 09:07:37 PM

Excluding broadband internet from common carrier regulations keeps completion out of the industry.  With copper lines, which do fall under common carrier, you provider has to provide you with the contracted bandwidth and you are free to resell it if you wish.  Broadband providers do not have to follow these rules.  I just moved into an apartment and I am having a terrible time dealing with Comcast just to get simple fucking internet (it's been over a week since I moved in).  If I had any other options for broadband, I would love to give them my business.  But regional monopolies dominate and even when demand is strong competitors can't get a foot in the door by buying from the monopoly provider.  Networks are expensive to build and maintain, which is why centralization is such a strong force in these industries.  Common carrier regulations were put in place to help balance this tendency and promote competition.  If a stronger Comcast is so great, why am I typing this on my phone when I have a really nice desktop?

Because bitcoin.

The internet is fundamentally broken in part precisely because it doesn't include any economic protocol until now.
There are a great many tragedies of the commons that occur from this: spam, pervasive advertising, all you can download/upload pricing, that you even have to pay for it at all if you are getting just basic internet is a symptom.
Letting the providers use the available technology to solve some of these problems is not such a bad thing.

There will always be folks that just enjoy using law to stop technology, but that doesn't make it better.

For your particulars, I don't know where you are, but I've never lived in a location that had so few choices for network.  My priorities are likely different as I wouldn't have considered living in a place without more choices.  If it doesn't have cable + DSL + wireless + nearby fiber + satellite availability, for myself, it could at best be a vacation rental.  Certainly not a place I could live / work.  
Your vote with your rental payment has more sway than the ballot box.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:42:54 PM

If a stronger Comcast is so great, why am I typing this on my phone when I have a really nice desktop?

Cause you haven't set up tethering?
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:55:39 PM

hum if i get it you argue that it could drop to 90 and that we are in a long term bull market... dont see the point

Please read the link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=274613.1280 and you will get the point (i hope).Feel free to ask me again.
Your Chart ist not more precise it is only more visualized by the fork. In my Chart you have also a channel (you have to enlarge the Chart then you see it clearly)
Note : my Chart,well actually it is from godmodetrader.de , was published 2013-11-18

edit: it is my favorite Chart
because it is longterm not ,as many Charts here,hours-,weeks - related and very hastily and nervous

Fantastic. Now you're spamming this thread as well with your log trendline. God, I can't believe I'd say this, considering I only joined the forum in April, but... you clueless newbies sure are annoying, re-posting the same, old uninformative stuff over and over again.
seleme
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 10:04:27 PM

what kind of drugs are those that hope for 100$ COINS TAKING??
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:06:04 PM

what kind of drugs are those that hope for 100$ COINS TAKING??

Just drink...
Pages: « 1 ... 3760 3761 3762 3763 3764 3765 3766 3767 3768 3769 3770 3771 3772 3773 3774 3775 3776 3777 3778 3779 3780 3781 3782 3783 3784 3785 3786 3787 3788 3789 3790 3791 3792 3793 3794 3795 3796 3797 3798 3799 3800 3801 3802 3803 3804 3805 3806 3807 3808 3809 [3810] 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 3823 3824 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 3851 3852 3853 3854 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 ... 33341 »
  Print  

Jump to: