May 09, 2024, 11:01:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 21137 21138 21139 21140 21141 21142 21143 21144 21145 21146 21147 21148 21149 21150 21151 21152 21153 21154 21155 21156 21157 21158 21159 21160 21161 21162 21163 21164 21165 21166 21167 21168 21169 21170 21171 21172 21173 21174 21175 21176 21177 21178 21179 21180 21181 21182 21183 21184 21185 21186 [21187] 21188 21189 21190 21191 21192 21193 21194 21195 21196 21197 21198 21199 21200 21201 21202 21203 21204 21205 21206 21207 21208 21209 21210 21211 21212 21213 21214 21215 21216 21217 21218 21219 21220 21221 21222 21223 21224 21225 21226 21227 21228 21229 21230 21231 21232 21233 21234 21235 21236 21237 ... 33337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26380997 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
alevlaslo

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:27:24 PM

https://twitter.com/cryptostardust/status/1047139458422886400

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThePunisher49X

Activity: 340
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 03:42:55 PM

This should pump up the price of BTC pretty fast when those who are wanting to buy this petro coin are needing bitcoin to do so on Nov 5.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/9kzzgv/due_to_hyperinflation_venezuela_goes_full_on/
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:44:10 PM

nobody wants the petro
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:48:50 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

This should pump up the price of BTC pretty fast when those who are wanting to buy this petro coin are needing bitcoin to do so on Nov 5.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/9kzzgv/due_to_hyperinflation_venezuela_goes_full_on/

Man that coin is full on shit coin.  I hear gazilion news about it for a year and all I know is that is or will be issued on NEM.  I can check 999 coins how are issued where and where are traded and at what price are traded and I never heard of them. Of Petro I heard so many times but zero useful information. Zero.

It is really sad that first country that decided to give crypto a try did it so unprofessionally.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4482

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 04:21:54 PM
Merited by bones261 (2)

Good morning Bitcoinland.

Another day, another sideways... currently $6395USD/$8328CAD (Bitcoinaverage).

Ho hum, yawn, etc. Glad I don't have to worry about the price. It's more like checking the scores in sports.

I said I'd pull out my original investment when the price hit $4kCAD to buy some toys. That happened last year, except I only spent about half of what I put in so far. I still have to pay for my dental implants and new zirconia teeth, and build another house in Mexico. That should finish my original investment and  leave me with nothing but gravy.

That will leave me with new teeth, 3 properties and 2 houses in Mexico, and enough Bitcoin to live happily ever after. Of course the taxman also needs his cut, but only here in Canada. No taxes in Mexico. Even if the price drops to $4k, I'm still ahead of the game.

Life is good. Go Bitcoin go.
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2091
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 04:23:56 PM
Merited by Last of the V8s (1)

I'm afraid once fiat conversion is unnecessary, they'll move the tracking to the actual goods, as they're already doing for assets with substantial value, e.g., cars, real estate etc - as pointed out several times in recent posts.

Exactly. And they'll even apply it retroactively:

http://www.cityam.com/264481/mystery-bankers-wife-losses-anti-corruption-order-appeal

The high-rolling wife of an anonymous banker has been defeated in her push to overturn efforts by the National Crime Agency (NCA) to make her reveal how she was able to afford properties in Britain worth £22m.

A High Court judge overturned an attempt by the woman, identified as Mrs A, to block the NCA’s use of one of its first-ever “unexplained wealth orders” (UWOs) – new powers to battle corruption which force owners of assets worth £50,000 or more to prove they acquired them legitimately.

The NCA’s order said that Mrs A – who is the wife of a banker from a non-EEA country – had to reveal the source of her income, or face having the properties taken away from her.

The new orders – which reverse the burden of proof, forcing those suspected of gaining assets through crime to prove they were legally obtained – came into effect in January.

The court was told Mrs A had made lavish purchases, including spending over £16.3m over a decade at luxury department store Harrods, and has access to fine wines, private jets and luxurious properties.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1706

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 04:41:26 PM

Stay strong for Bitcocain is on our side! This Sideways action won't stay for long because it can't. Because I am out of booze and this is not fun right now. Some whale do something please! Anything! I am so boreeeed!!!!
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:02:48 PM
Merited by bitserve (1)

Mike Novogratz - making Bitcoin price predictions like a drunk Vinny Lingham  Roll Eyes

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/03/bitcoin-wont-top-9000-by-years-end-former-hedge-fund-legend-novogratz-says.html

These guys have absolutely no idea, just like the rest of us  Tongue

You're right of course, Torque.  However, even though I actually think Novogratz is one of the better 'suits' in crypto, he has been so bad so far, he's actually become a decent contrary indicator.

So his 'no 9K this year' is pretty bullish.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:06:08 PM

I'm afraid once fiat conversion is unnecessary, they'll move the tracking to the actual goods, as they're already doing for assets with substantial value, e.g., cars, real estate etc - as pointed out several times in recent posts.

Exactly. And they'll even apply it retroactively:

http://www.cityam.com/264481/mystery-bankers-wife-losses-anti-corruption-order-appeal

The high-rolling wife of an anonymous banker has been defeated in her push to overturn efforts by the National Crime Agency (NCA) to make her reveal how she was able to afford properties in Britain worth £22m.

A High Court judge overturned an attempt by the woman, identified as Mrs A, to block the NCA’s use of one of its first-ever “unexplained wealth orders” (UWOs) – new powers to battle corruption which force owners of assets worth £50,000 or more to prove they acquired them legitimately.

The NCA’s order said that Mrs A – who is the wife of a banker from a non-EEA country – had to reveal the source of her income, or face having the properties taken away from her.

The new orders – which reverse the burden of proof, forcing those suspected of gaining assets through crime to prove they were legally obtained – came into effect in January.

The court was told Mrs A had made lavish purchases, including spending over £16.3m over a decade at luxury department store Harrods, and has access to fine wines, private jets and luxurious properties.

Russian oligarch's trophy wife, I would hazard a guess..?
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12081

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:14:03 PM

a sober up week nice

Give yourself a break this weekend Grin
Aby Normal

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:16:27 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Man that coin is full on shit coin.  I hear gazilion news about it for a year and all I know is that is or will be issued on NEM.  I can check 999 coins how are issued where and where are traded and at what price are traded and I never heard of them. Of Petro I heard so many times but zero useful information. Zero.

It is really sad that first country that decided to give crypto a try did it so unprofessionally.

Maybe Petro is an utter bleepcoin and its prolly a bad investment but I will use it to send money to my girl there in Venezuela cos she's stuck there for two months already getting her papers done. Currently I'm using BTC for that but the rates on the street are total ripoff with 10-20% fees when buying or selling, they say that's because of hyperinflation and traders have to protect themselves with high fees. If Petro gets listed on any decent exchange I'll be able to send her money instantly without being robbed extra 20%, simply don't care what will be its price when buying cos she can use it there immediately, in a country hit by hyperinflation that's a blessing, as well as the fact that Venezuela would have fast and cheap international money transfers independent from the Central Bank. If the people in Venezuela start using Petro in theirs everyday activities, it would be a big victory for whole crypto world. I'm kinda confident that they will use it since many of them depend on help sent from friends and relatives living in other countries and Petro would be cheapest and fastest way to do that, also they are prolly one of the top crypto-educated nations atm.
If I was a bankster I would be very worried now because if that works out fine for Venezuela then some other countries would follow as well Wink
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2940

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:27:19 PM

(snip)

Venezuela would have fast and cheap international money transfers independent from the Central Bank. If the people in Venezuela start using Petro in theirs everyday activities, it would be a big victory for whole crypto world. I'm kinda confident that they will use it since many of them depend on help sent from friends and relatives living in other countries and Petro would be cheapest and fastest way to do that, also they are prolly one of the top crypto-educated nations atm.
If I was a bankster I would be very worried now because if that works out fine for Venezuela then some other countries would follow as well Wink
Right, but I can already hear the choir of bankster FUD.

"See what they got to? That country began going to the dogs the day they revoked concessions to the big corporations, and it was downhill from there. Now they even lost control of their own money. It's going to be a hemorrhage, I tell you. See that we never get to that!"
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:27:43 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (2)

Ok.

Beer #2, and no discernible affect on BTC prices yet.

Going to crack open Beer #3.

If we don't go up at least $50 in the next 30 minutes, I'm cancelling this experiment, and drying myself out for a week.

and leave me here all alone?

you bastard
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12081

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:34:49 PM

Good morning Bitcoinland.

Another day, another sideways... currently $6395USD/$8328CAD (Bitcoinaverage).

Ho hum, yawn, etc. Glad I don't have to worry about the price. It's more like checking the scores in sports.

I said I'd pull out my original investment when the price hit $4kCAD to buy some toys. That happened last year, except I only spent about half of what I put in so far. I still have to pay for my dental implants and new zirconia teeth, and build another house in Mexico. That should finish my original investment and  leave me with nothing but gravy.

That will leave me with new teeth, 3 properties and 2 houses in Mexico, and enough Bitcoin to live happily ever after. Of course the taxman also needs his cut, but only here in Canada. No taxes in Mexico. Even if the price drops to $4k, I'm still ahead of the game.

Life is good. Go Bitcoin go.

Good set up ..... good to go  Grin

Always important of taking care of personal business .....  Wink
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:35:19 PM

(snip)

Venezuela would have fast and cheap international money transfers independent from the Central Bank. If the people in Venezuela start using Petro in theirs everyday activities, it would be a big victory for whole crypto world. I'm kinda confident that they will use it since many of them depend on help sent from friends and relatives living in other countries and Petro would be cheapest and fastest way to do that, also they are prolly one of the top crypto-educated nations atm.

"See what they got to? That country began going to the dogs the day they revoked concessions to the big corporations, and it was downhill from there. Now they even lost control of their own money. It's going to be a hemorrhage, I tell you. See that we never get to that!"

The moment it is evident your word is worth NOTHING no one will ever trust you anymore. The moment Venezuela started expropiating corporates and revoking concessions no one would invest any single penny on it. That's not a case of bankster FUD, it's just reality... would you invest in Venezuela?

Petro will go NOWHERE. Remember it is not exactly a decentralised crypto... it is controlled by the Venezuelan government. So much for trust, uh?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:40:58 PM

Maybe Petro is an utter bleepcoin and its prolly a bad investment but I will use it to send money to my girl there in Venezuela cos she's stuck there for two months already getting her papers done. Currently I'm using BTC for that but the rates on the street are total ripoff with 10-20% fees when buying or selling, they say that's because of hyperinflation and traders have to protect themselves with high fees. If Petro gets listed on any decent exchange I'll be able to send her money instantly without being robbed extra 20%, simply don't care what will be its price when buying cos she can use it there immediately, in a country hit by hyperinflation that's a blessing, as well as the fact that Venezuela would have fast and cheap international money transfers independent from the Central Bank. If the people in Venezuela start using Petro in theirs everyday activities, it would be a big victory for whole crypto world. I'm kinda confident that they will use it since many of them depend on help sent from friends and relatives living in other countries and Petro would be cheapest and fastest way to do that, also they are prolly one of the top crypto-educated nations atm.

You missed my point.  My point was why the fuck all this announcements and pre announcements of an announcements and no real datas and stats and facts. Yes of course I would love to see they succeed. But as it looks to me right now and I might be totally wrong, they copied the worse possible way to make a shitcoin. 
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2940

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:47:28 PM

(snip)

The moment it is evident your word is worth NOTHING no one will ever trust you anymore. The moment Venezuela started expropiating corporates and revoking concessions no one would invest any single penny on it. That's not a case of bankster FUD, it's just reality... would you invest in Venezuela?

Petro will go NOWHERE. Remember it is not exactly a decentralised crypto... it is controlled by the Venezuelan government. So much for trust, uh?
I agree with you word for word, and of course Petro is not your typical crypto.
I wasn't defending Venezuela, though. It's undefendable in its current predicament.
My point was that I doubt there will much bankster worry.
The FUD bit is when the choir goes "see that we never get to that!" - with a hint at stricter crypto controls.
Aby Normal

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:54:06 PM

(snip)

Unfortunately Venezuelan people as well as all other people in the world are obliged to use theirs official national currencies in their everyday life, of course its not decentralized nor it has any tech innovation, but at least they will be able to use CRYPTO for theirs everyday activities, millions will be paying bills and buying stuff with Petro since getting cash in fiat money there is really pain in the ... loses value between the time you earn some money and spend it, real problem of everyday life there that could be solved if Petro survives the bankers intervention which will surely come in all kinds of FUD and even the military intervention is not excluded if Petro becomes a danger for them...
kirreev070

Activity: 406
Merit: 293

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:58:58 PM

Postcard from the future

Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:10:07 PM

Bzzt-ping!

This is a test of the Sovereign Bitcoin Price Alarm System.

No action is needed.

Sad
Pages: « 1 ... 21137 21138 21139 21140 21141 21142 21143 21144 21145 21146 21147 21148 21149 21150 21151 21152 21153 21154 21155 21156 21157 21158 21159 21160 21161 21162 21163 21164 21165 21166 21167 21168 21169 21170 21171 21172 21173 21174 21175 21176 21177 21178 21179 21180 21181 21182 21183 21184 21185 21186 [21187] 21188 21189 21190 21191 21192 21193 21194 21195 21196 21197 21198 21199 21200 21201 21202 21203 21204 21205 21206 21207 21208 21209 21210 21211 21212 21213 21214 21215 21216 21217 21218 21219 21220 21221 21222 21223 21224 21225 21226 21227 21228 21229 21230 21231 21232 21233 21234 21235 21236 21237 ... 33337 »
  Print  

Jump to: