May 03, 2024, 11:17:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 24341 24342 24343 24344 24345 24346 24347 24348 24349 24350 24351 24352 24353 24354 24355 24356 24357 24358 24359 24360 24361 24362 24363 24364 24365 24366 24367 24368 24369 24370 24371 24372 24373 24374 24375 24376 24377 24378 24379 24380 24381 24382 24383 24384 24385 24386 24387 24388 24389 24390 [24391] 24392 24393 24394 24395 24396 24397 24398 24399 24400 24401 24402 24403 24404 24405 24406 24407 24408 24409 24410 24411 24412 24413 24414 24415 24416 24417 24418 24419 24420 24421 24422 24423 24424 24425 24426 24427 24428 24429 24430 24431 24432 24433 24434 24435 24436 24437 24438 24439 24440 24441 ... 33320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371662 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10209

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 09:43:14 PM

This is my 10,000th post, I have had a blast spending so much time with all of you fuckers. This one is for all of you guys and to 10,000 more post to come and hopefully a majority in this thread! The price right now is back and forth around $10k and hopefully by the time it is 20,000 post the price jumps to more than $20,000. (It was $50 when the first post started)

Something seems weird about your profile.  Of course, your registration date goes back to September 2012, but your post history only goes back to early 2014. 

I did a quickie glance at mine too, because I was thinking that maybe all of my posts were not there, but they seem to be there.  My post history seems to go back to my registration date which was February 2014. 

I recall that in my first few months of forum membership, I posted way less frequently than I have been posting in recent times.  In my early days I was posting about 3 posts per day or something like.. maybe even less than that, and those early posts were exclusively in this WO thread. 

Currently, I am probably posting more than 8 posts per day on average, but still most of my posts (more than  80%) are in this thread, even though in the past couple of years, I have been venturing out of this thread into other parts of the forum a whole hell of a lot more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 09:43:25 PM

My question to those who predict 100K within less than two years or so.
Why the discounting mechanism is not working?

Either the model is wrong/irrelevant OR the market is incapable of correctly pricing future expectations now.

The latter.

We've seen this time and time again. The world at large has not yet awakened to the fact that they need a form of money that is not inflationary, and is free from intervening middlemen who can conspire to thwart or devalue their transactions.

You are so funny.
The world is going on the other direction. Boris, trump, marie le pen and all the others.

it is very difficult to understand whether you are making any meaningful point at all

The world would have a form of money if it was united as a country. With all these conflicts; either economic, monetary, technological, religious or others, due to the desire of domination, I do not think the world will have a single currency.

Bitcoin does not need to be a 'single currency for the entire world' for increasingly large fractions of people in each corner of the world to awaken to the fact that a weightless, invisible, uncensorable, uninflatable, unconfiscatable form of money is A Good Thing.

Even if it will happen in the future, I don't think that a software can be a source of international monetary system.

Hmmm. Good thing Bitcoin is ever so much more than merely 'a software'.
makrospex

Activity: 728
Merit: 317

nothing to see here

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 09:51:05 PM

.... zooming the pic 400%

I don't know why I always seem to see an ironic pun regarding your username in your posts.

I don't know either. But really, always?

Nope, not really always. But twice in a week or two just kinda stuck out.

XD

While ageing, my iSight (pun intended this time) is suffering more and more from astigmatism, so zooming in on pictures with many details got quite a habit.  Grin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 09:59:42 PM

Either the model is wrong/irrelevant OR the market is incapable of correctly pricing future expectations now.

The latter.

We've seen this time and time again. The world at large has not yet awakened to the fact that they need a form of money that is not inflationary, and is free from intervening middlemen who can conspire to thwart or devalue their transactions.

You are so funny.
The world is going on the other direction. Boris, trump, marie le pen and all the others.

It could be helpful if even a troll/shill like you were sufficiently competent to at least attempt to follow the topic.. Instead, it is very difficult to understand whether you are making any meaningful point at all, whether connected to the topic of the posts or otherwise.

JJG*, Your answers are always the same,they are "you are trolling+noob+***".  no explication, no reason.

Perhaps my posts that are directed towards you have a common theme, and I am not sure whether that is intentional or not.  I have not performed any kind of deeper analysis attempt of myself to see whether my algorithm (whoops, maybe I should not have said that?) is broken.

Your posts tend to be a kind of gobble-dee-gook-gibberish... but every once in a while, you might happen to make some sense.  Go figure?

The world would have a form of money if it was united as a country. With all these conflicts; either economic, monetary, technological, religious or others, due to the desire of domination, I do not think the world will have a single currency.
Even if it will happen in the future, I don't think that a software can be a source of international monetary system.

Case in point.  Abstract gobble-dee-gook that does not really say much if anything beyond that you assertively don't believe in bitcoin - either its present value or its future value.  O.k.  Fair enough.  Good for you.

By the way, who cares in your sharing of abstract principles that you do not believe in bitcoin?  So what?   You believe that your posts are contributing any value to this thread?  I have my doubts, but whatever.   I see that you have earned 4 merits in the past year and a half, so there are likely some like-minded dipwits members**  who appreciate your "contributions."

**before I submitted post, I had to look up who had sent you smerits, hahahahaha, and I see that one of the two is not a dipwit... but I otherwise stand by my assertions...     Embarrassed Embarrassed
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 15450

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2019, 10:08:28 PM

Events to celebrate:

1. WO page parity
2. 100K BTCUSD
3. WO Post parity
4. Gold Parity (BTC capitalisation equals Gold Capitalisation).

If we are to assume that appreciation in Bitcoin price comes in large part from cannibalization of gold market, you have 3. & 4. reversed.

Early musings:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=152944.0

$800K assumes static gold valuation. If bitcoin purchases are funded by gold sales, the napkinback figures say $400K crossover.

Funny thing, i did the exact same "back of the envelope" calculations years ago, even before joining the forum, but i got quite differnet numbers.
Copying and pasting from vbery old spreasheet:

Circulating Bitcoin   21,000,000
GOLD CAPTIALISATION   7,311,002,497,490.22
http://onlygold.com/Info/All-The-Gold-In-The-World.asp   

Bitcoin share   50.00%
Equal Share   174,071

So, if Bitcoin Equals Gold to 50% of current Gold Capitalisation, I get the value of a single bitcoin at 175,000 USD.
For Bitcoin to match gold capitalisation it need to get to 350K USD.

All computation made with 21 mios BTC supply (resulting in conservative estimates)

So basically I get half your valuation, with the same method!

Easy to see. The figure I found for above-ground gold was approx 10 Billion oz. I just 'rounded' it to 10.5B in order to divide neater into Bitcoin's 21M eventual count. So there's item 1. I don't know whether your 7.3B is any closer to the truth than is my 10.5B. And for the purposes of this sort of blue-sky figuring, I posit that it really doesn't matter.

I assume the rest of the discrepancy is in the $/oz for gold. When I ran the figures, gold was enjoying a local peak of $1600. I don't see the value you used.

The website I used is quite old and don't contains the info anymore, but this more recent article seems to support my evidences:
https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/03/25/bitcoin-price-gold-market-cap/
rebal15

Activity: 527
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 10:35:49 PM

The latter.

You are so funny.

It could be helpful if even a troll/shill like you were sufficiently competent to at least attempt to follow the topic.. Instead, it is very difficult to understand whether you are making any meaningful point at all, whether connected to the topic of the posts or otherwise.

JJG*, Your answers are always the same,they are "you are trolling+noob+***".  no explication, no reason.

Perhaps my posts that are directed towards you have a common theme, and I am not sure whether that is intentional or not.  I have not performed any kind of deeper analysis attempt of myself to see whether my algorithm (whoops, maybe I should not have said that?) is broken.

Your posts tend to be a kind of gobble-dee-gook-gibberish... but every once in a while, you might happen to make some sense.  Go figure?

Case in point.  Abstract gobble-dee-gook that does not really say much if anything beyond that you assertively don't believe in bitcoin - either its present value or its future value.  O.k.  Fair enough.  Good for you.

By the way, who cares in your sharing of abstract principles that you do not believe in bitcoin?  So what?   You believe that your posts are contributing any value to this thread?  I have my doubts, but whatever.   I see that you have earned 4 merits in the past year and a half, so there are likely some like-minded dipwits members**  who appreciate your "contributions."

**before I submitted post, I had to look up who had sent you smerits, hahahahaha, and I see that one of the two is not a dipwit... but I otherwise stand by my assertions...     Embarrassed Embarrassed

JJG, you are always out of subject. bots can't understand the meaning.
rebal15

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 10:41:43 PM

The latter.

You are so funny.

it is very difficult to understand whether you are making any meaningful point at all

Bitcoin does not need to be a 'single currency for the entire world' for increasingly large fractions of people in each corner of the world to awaken to the fact that a weightless, invisible, uncensorable, uninflatable, unconfiscatable form of money is A Good Thing.

Hmmm. Good thing Bitcoin is ever so much more than merely 'a software'.

single currency : I mean fiats. Bitcoin and altcoins are sure will never be.
a software: what ever you call it.
makrospex

nothing to see here

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 10:52:20 PM

software is only one type of handling the (mathematical) algorithm in a convenient, automated way. So in fact "software" is only your name for it.
What it is, i bet you know: a blockchain with a simple, specific usecase. The chain (bitcoin) itself is just "output", coming from the algorithm (used by software).
"Software" is clearly incorrect. Looking at complex things the simple way doesn't make them simple at all.
rebal15

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 10:58:10 PM

software is only one type of handling the (mathematical) algorithm in a convenient, automated way. So in fact "software" is only your name for it.
What it is, i bet you know: a blockchain with a simple, specific usecase. The chain (bitcoin) itself is just "output", coming from the algorithm (used by software).
"Software" is clearly incorrect. Looking at complex things the simple way doesn't make them simple at all.
Ok, thank you.
Can Bitcoin be considered as an input to an algorithm (used by software).
rattle_rattle

Activity: 119
Merit: 43

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 10:59:05 PM

This page on the thread must be one of the longest ever. It took me ages to scroll trough it.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 11:00:08 PM

This page on the thread must be one of the longest ever.

You must be new here.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 11:05:31 PM

Ok, thank you.

Only in the same sense as you yourself can be considered as a specific sequence of cytoseine, guanine, adenine, and thymine, as an input to ribosomes.
makrospex

nothing to see here

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 11:14:58 PM

Ok, thank you.

Once you get the grip on computing, that it's just a representation, or "realisation" of mathematical/logical processes, you will see things more clear.
These end users nowadays... The industry needed them to grow, but i remember better times, when computing was a thing you really needed to wrap your head around. No mouse, no touchscreens, -pads, whatever and 56k modem speed, at best  Cool

EDIT: Wallobservers, i recognise ongoing reduction of bitcoin spam in my mailboxes. Not a good sign for 2019, i guess.
rebal15

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 11:23:07 PM

Ok, thank you.

Once you get the grip on computing, that it's just a representation, or "realisation" of mathematical/logical processes, you will see things more clear.
These end users nowadays... The industry needed them to grow, but i remember better times, when computing was a thing you really needed to wrap your head around. No mouse, no touchscreens, -pads, whatever and 56k modem speed, at best  Cool

EDIT: Wallobservers, i recognise ongoing reduction of bitcoin spam in my mailboxes. Not a good sign for 2019, i guess.

what do you mean with "bitcoin spam".
Not good if Bitcoin can be used for spams.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 11:27:33 PM

[edited out]

As if I anyone here is going to give much if any credence to your categorization of which posts are "in subject"....  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Get a grip, rebal15

Ok, thank you.

Only in the same sense as you yourself can be considered as a specific sequence of cytoseine, guanine, adenine, and thymine, as an input to ribosomes.

jbreher is making some decent senses.     Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks for that insight, picnic bear.  Wink
Amateur_

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 11:31:01 PM

I think he's referring to the spam/scam emails, rebel.
Bitcoin is simply a method of transaction.
rebal15

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 11:41:27 PM

I know. It is a question of what he means. I want to know what he means.
rebal15

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 11:44:20 PM

[edited out]

As if I anyone here is going to give much if any credence to your categorization of which posts are "in subject"....  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Get a grip, rebal15

Ok, thank you.

jbreher is making some decent senses.     Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks for that insight, picnic bear.  Wink

Good night JJG if you are going to sleep.
Amateur_

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 11:48:11 PM

I know. It is a question of what he means. I want to know what he means.

I'm not really sure what you're expecting;
are you familiar with basic spam/scam emails?
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12035

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 11:55:03 PM

This is my 10,000th post, I have had a blast spending so much time with all of you fuckers. This one is for all of you guys and to 10,000 more post to come and hopefully a majority in this thread! The price right now is back and forth around $10k and hopefully by the time it is 20,000 post the price jumps to more than $20,000. (It was $50 when the first post started)

I’m out of sMerit & my source bank is empty. I owe you +1 for this post though. Great to have you here as always. Congrats on hitting 10k brother.

Got it covered

Good night into Amsterdam HODLsleep and catch up tomorrow
Pages: « 1 ... 24341 24342 24343 24344 24345 24346 24347 24348 24349 24350 24351 24352 24353 24354 24355 24356 24357 24358 24359 24360 24361 24362 24363 24364 24365 24366 24367 24368 24369 24370 24371 24372 24373 24374 24375 24376 24377 24378 24379 24380 24381 24382 24383 24384 24385 24386 24387 24388 24389 24390 [24391] 24392 24393 24394 24395 24396 24397 24398 24399 24400 24401 24402 24403 24404 24405 24406 24407 24408 24409 24410 24411 24412 24413 24414 24415 24416 24417 24418 24419 24420 24421 24422 24423 24424 24425 24426 24427 24428 24429 24430 24431 24432 24433 24434 24435 24436 24437 24438 24439 24440 24441 ... 33320 »
  Print  

Jump to: