April 26, 2024, 09:06:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 25099 25100 25101 25102 25103 25104 25105 25106 25107 25108 25109 25110 25111 25112 25113 25114 25115 25116 25117 25118 25119 25120 25121 25122 25123 25124 25125 25126 25127 25128 25129 25130 25131 25132 25133 25134 25135 25136 25137 25138 25139 25140 25141 25142 25143 25144 25145 25146 25147 25148 [25149] 25150 25151 25152 25153 25154 25155 25156 25157 25158 25159 25160 25161 25162 25163 25164 25165 25166 25167 25168 25169 25170 25171 25172 25173 25174 25175 25176 25177 25178 25179 25180 25181 25182 25183 25184 25185 25186 25187 25188 25189 25190 25191 25192 25193 25194 25195 25196 25197 25198 25199 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368083 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10153

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 11:41:57 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2019, 01:07:35 AM by JayJuanGee

BTC dominance resuming its slide. Alt season about to taxi onto the runway.

Dominance heading for the 20-30% range.

Speaking of dumb.

Look who the cat drug in.   Roll Eyes

Toknormal, your post is utterly nonsensical pretending the "BTC dominance" metric is somehow a tradable variable like the gold to silver ratio.  It's a completely meaningless metric because you can have coins with a supposed billion dollar market cap propped up by only a $1 buy side.  There can be $10 billion market cap JayJuanGee coins that he owns all of them with no buyers whatsoever, and they're everywhere.  

Since Bitcoin is not a real commodity or resource, Bitcoin itself can turn into this at any second with lots of 'hodlers' but absolutely nobody interested in giving up their labor or resources for any imaginary, valueless timestamps.  So, no, BTC dominance is not a relevant or tradable metric for anything.

One nonsensical goofball instructing another nonsensical goofball about relevancies.

Nothing to see here, folks.  Move along... move along.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 11:58:01 PM

Haven't caught up yet. I must be already 100+ pages behind. Not gonna check, or it will spoil my mood. Just came here to post my personal take on the current price quagmire.

I AIN'T SELLING NOT A BLOODY SAT.

Well that's it for now, folks...
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 12:31:22 AM

I must be already 100+ pages behind.

Summary:  Donald Trump Jr starts shilling for Jews and against America.  Is immediately forced to flee the scene.

https://dailystormer.name/groyper-war-battle-of-ucla-charlie-kirk-don-jr-and-slutty-latina-gf-flee-the-stage/
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 12:55:18 AM

Maybe btc did not died today, but I can perfectly understand why nobody here seems to be satisfied with this price...

When btc was 3k-ish we were all expecting btc to find the bottom and skyrocket again. Btc indeed DID that, but now seems to lack the propeller to stay high, even if the actual price seems very low.

In this fragile situation and with low volumes, we all know that some issues (mainly tether and mtgox coins) are still pending on btc price, and a shit-ton of FUD can be released anytime with a bogdanoff's call.

I will hodl till the end and will not sell anything before a new ATH (except maybe a beer or two if it happens, but I see still very few markets), despite that I am not comfortable with the current situation.

The halving is coming to help us and it's near (~6 months away).  Cool

Also for some of us, it is not a matter of price. (kinda I lie a bit, current price 'stings' compared to ATH).

So to HODL, you have to have a 'specific' outlook and or means to HODL, so all this price variation and supposed 'beanie baby' money by some, does not drive you too crazy!

I have no debt, other income from investments retired on such, not using crypto hoard for any of this, since mining stopped. My house just got fixed up, emergency fund,

no credit card debt, 30K I can borrow of Home Equity Load if it all goes to heck...etc. When I look at the world today, I see have run out of 'coping mechanisms' with the

above done. Lately, I've been thinking about what to do besides above and BTC HODL to placate 'coping mechanisms' I've used over time. (my safety blanket) Smiley Take up canning

of goods? Build a Bunker? hmmmm....sorry I digress...

The other thing I have is I'm 64 years old. IF I don't follow through on my kool-aid drinking dreams of BTC/Crypto, I'm only likely to live another 21 years say anyway.

So with that it is easy to hodl. If I was in my 20's it would be damn near impossible for me to do this. Just saying, perspective matters. So with the above, makes my HODL'ing

'kinda what the f*ck, let's see what happens), anyway, at this point in time. The next ATH comes around I could crack like a nut, but how I look at all this now.

Besides Boom/Bust or Chump/Champ when they stick me in the Nursing Home someday, I'll have great stories to tell. The currency of Nursing Homes is 'stories' and

whatever happens BTC/Crypto has been a doozy! Smiley

later

Brad

Sometimes, the next generations even listen to your stories, for a little bit.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 01:30:31 AM

Good luck Mr Homer. We worry you know.

Jay. Regretted it even before finalising it. btw 0.012 is the figure, so your point though lengthily made, is even more valid.
Anyway he must wait otherwise he'll be distributing it to the workers or some vile thing.

1) Thanks for (seemingly reluctantly) accepting the validity of my point(s).

2) I agree that there may be preference to punish Hairy into delayed gratification for a variety of reasons, including possibly allowing time to possibly propagandize him into at least spending such winnings on objectively agreeable purposes, such as hookers, lambos and blow... which are amongst the least controversial ways to spend BTC winnings.  Shocked
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 01:35:28 AM

Are you folks seriously still under the delusion that bitcoin is a natural monopoly ?  Because if you are then I'd consider investing in yellow socks since they're about as likely to establish one.

What do you think's has been happening over the last 10 years ? The so called "altcoin" market is about as utterly hammered into profit-take oblivion as any modern asset's ever seen and bitcoin's still only 16% away from having a minority market share. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Alts are the lungs of BTC and they're about to initiate a sharp intake of breath after an epic exhale Wink

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 01:47:32 AM

Are you people in here seriously still under the delusion that bitcoin is a natural monopoly ?  Because if you are then I'd consider investing in yellow socks since they're about as likely to establish one.

Orange, and because orange coin go up.  The others are not the same.

wtf do you think has been happening over the last 10 years ?

There has been a lot of failed imitation attempts.  Funny, isn't it?  Bitcoin is completely open source, but copycats do not seem to be capable of even making any kind of dent into the paradigm changing contributions of bitcoin, besides lamely trying to imitate.

The so called "altcoin" market is about as utterly hammered into profit-take oblivion as any modern asset's ever seen and bitcoin's still only 16% away from having a minority market share. Wake up and smell the coffee.

You think that metric even matters much in the whole scheme of things?  Snap out of your little fantasy land.  Otherwise, I might have to bring out batman.

Alts are the lungs of BTC

Yeah.  You said that several times before, and even if you only recently came up  with the lungs analogy, you have been spouting out about altcoins for at least a couple of years.  They surely have not done too well, in comparison to bitcoin in the last couple of years.

and they're about to initiate a sharp intake of breath after an epic exhale Wink

Lot's of hopium in you buddy.... Hoping for another alt coin season, and I doubt that such alt coin season is going to play out in the way that you are currently speculating... Good luck with your bags and your gambling.

Drawing a picture does not make your proposed fantasy any more likely to happen, but it does show that you have invested a considerable amount of time in attempting to visualized your preferences.. perhaps for marketing purposes... Market your dreams, they say.. and maybe they could happen?  Hopium.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 02:01:19 AM

Orange, and because orange coin go up.  The others are not the same.....

Jeezz..grow tf up.

You're as bad as the gold bugs.

Lookup the phrase "natural monopoly". The only scenario that fits that definition is when crypto is used as a universal unit of account. As a monetary commodity/asset it's no more a natural monopoly than sand is.

Also, the "economy" has a slightly wider scope than this particular thread and it might be wise to spend less time in here if you've ended up with such drastically distorted ideas about how markets develop. Without alts there'd be no bitcoin and vica-versa and pretending they're some kind of "contaminant" is just short-sighted lunacy. It's like your head denying it's got a body.

Sorry to apparently challenge your zealotry on that but it's simple observational fact and I'd be careful about what you wish for if you think otherwise :-)

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7968

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 02:15:13 AM

Good luck Mr Homer. We worry you know.

Jay. Regretted it even before finalising it. btw 0.012 is the figure, so your point though lengthily made, is even more valid.
Anyway he must wait otherwise he'll be distributing it to the workers or some vile thing.

No need to worry;  I've got Blizzack WS90 snow tires on the car.  As long as I survive installing them, I'm good for the season Smiley
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7940

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2019, 02:27:57 AM

Jeezz..grow tf up.

Lookup the phrase "natural monopoly". The only scenario that fits that definition is when crypto is used as a universal unit of account. As a monetary commodity/asset it's no more a natural monopoly than sand is.

Also, the "economy" has a slightly wider scope than this particular thread and it might be wise to spend less time in here if you've ended up with such drastically distorted ideas about how markets develop. Without alts there'd be no bitcoin and vica-versa and pretending they're some kind of "contaminant" is just short-sighted lunacy. It's like your head denying it's got a body.

Sorry to apparently challenge your zealotry on that but it's simple observational fact and I'd be careful about what you wish for if you think otherwise :-)

You're under the assumption that alts have to go up because "its time." What happened in late 2017 / early 2018 was similar to the dotcom bubble. There was an unrealistic amount of enthusiasm in alts (and BTC) whereby AnyCoin could skyrocket 1000%. People poured their money in without doing due diligence into basic aspects like potential for real world adoption.

2 years later, investors aren't going to be making the same mistake again. Just like with the dotcom bubble, the strong will survive, but unlike last altseason, there will be no reason for the weak to flourish.

At the end of the day a coin's chance of success is driven by user adoption. Without this there is no reason to expect any coin to go up, bitcoin included.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/titcoin/
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 02:37:33 AM

You're under the assumption that alts have to go up because "its time."

Not really. I'm under the assumption that we are myopic in our sense of time. If you imagine yourself zooming forward 100 years and you're in 2120 looking back at the "dawn of crypto" you wouldn't see so distinctly "one" get born and then "the others". You'd just see a cloud which represented the explosion of the first ever electronic monetary assets. Doesn't mean bitcoin can't still be more of a "reserve asset" than its successors but it also means that it's less volatile. It's just a question of degree - like Exter's pyramid - you have a base layer of reserve assets into which profit is taken in times of recession, then a graduating utility layer which expands faster than the base layer in times of growth.

That's just how any market sector of monetary commodites gets structured organically - which is why I call alts "the lungs of bitcoin".

At the end of the day a coin's chance of success is driven by user adoption. Without this there is no reason to expect any coin to go up, bitcoin included.

"Adoption" can have a variety of meanings when it comes to monetary assets. For monetary commodities "adoption" simply means holding it as a savings vehicle. So measures like the number of active wallets, blockchain transaction use etc ,apply. On the other hand if it's used as a unit of account then it can scale outwith its own technical domain (i.e. holders may not hold bitcoin but may hold some other asset or debt securities that are denominated in bitcoin).

By either measure, the observations are the same - that the wider crypto market serves as the "lungs of bitcoin".
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 02:47:13 AM

Jeezz..grow tf up.

Keep trying toknormal.

Who is the one pumping altcoins in a bitcoin thread?  That is you.  Am I in the wrong thread? 

Lookup the phrase "natural monopoly".

Why you giving me homework in order for you to argue your bullshit anti-bitcoin talking points that are really in order to pump your altcoin season  theory?

By the way, I am of the opinion that there might be an altcoin season and their might not.  I don't really care too much, but I do care that you come into this thread pumping your bullshit and trying to grasp at attempts to make your nonsense relevant to bitcoin by pinning almost your whole theory on nonsense assertions that the tail wags the dog, when the vast majority of active participants in this thread know better.

The only scenario that fits that definition is when crypto is used as a universal unit of account.

You should not be talking in terms of crytpo because it is a vague concept, and it demonstrates your foggy thinking.  You seem to believe that there is some kind of amorphous concept that is called crypto, and you purposefully forget that bitcoin is the king daddy in this scene.. so you come to the wrong conclusions when you attempt to minimize the importance of king daddy... because you are hopening that your shitcoin bags stop losing as much as they have been in the last two years.

Maybe they have not been losing in terms of dollars, but they surely have been losing in terms of their bitcoin value.  Pobrecito, got on the wrong train.   Cry Cry

As a monetary commodity/asset it's no more a natural monopoly than sand is.

Have you ever heard of the concept of scarcity?  Do you understand such concept?

Your thinking seems to be pretty fucking muddy, if you cannot come up with a better analogy than to compare bitcoin to sand.  Weak, at best.

Also, the "economy" has a slightly wider scope than this particular thread

I am glad that you are getting out into the world in order to come back and to deliver important messages to us WO participants.  As if we do not know about the world.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

and it might be wise to spend less time in here

You know what is wise?  Go figure.

You are not even smart enough to appreciate that you are in a bitcoin thread, and for some reason, you want to come here and inform us about the inevitability of your hypothetical shitcoin season, and at the same time you are lecturing about what is "wise?"

if you've ended up with such drastically distorted ideas about how markets develop.

You know about markets too?  Holy fucking shit.  You know about a lot.

You know that this thread is not about markets, it is about bitcoin.  So what the fuck does market development have to do with anything except for your lame-ass attempt to patronize?

Without alts there'd be no bitcoin and vica-versa

There is no vice versa... you dumb fuck.

Did you forget how this got started? 

Get your facts and your logic straight.    We have a situation that includes a bunch of bitcoin imitators and snake oil salesmen.  I never asserted or argued that shitcoins do not contribute to the bitcoin, so you are trying to attribute an argument to me that I have not made, but I have asserted over and over and over that shitcoins are trying to act as if they are equivalent to bitcoin blah blah blah, and want an equal seat at the table, and there is no need for bitcoiners to agree to that.  They can scam or do whatever the fuck they want, but they should not be cluttering up bitcoin threads or pumping their shit in bitcoin threads.  If they truly have something to add or contribute, then bitcoiners will find them without their scammy nonsensical troll/shilling impositions, like you frequently have been employing in this thread regarding your altcoin season hopenium.

and pretending they're some kind of "contaminant" is just short-sighted lunacy.

I am not pretending.  Diptwat.  This is a bitcoin thread, so stop trying to make your shit relevant here.  There are all  kinds of other places that you can pump your nonsense without resorting  to troll/shilling.

It's like your head denying it's got a body.

No it's not.

You are not challenging anything.  You are merely trolling and attempting to change the topic.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 02:55:46 AM

I do miss Toxic2040 with his updates damn.....

Thanks for the reminder, I have a RL contact for him I need to ping, he's been gone too long.
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7940

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2019, 02:55:48 AM

You're under the assumption that alts have to go up because "its time."

Not really. I'm under the assumption that we are myopic in our sense of time. If you imagine yourself zooming forward 100 years and you're in 2120 looking back at the "dawn of crypto" you wouldn't see so distinctly "one" get born and then "the others". You'd just see a cloud which represented the explosion of the first ever electronic monetary assets. Doesn't mean bitcoin can't still be more of a "reserve asset" than its successors but it also means that it's less volatile. It's just a question of degree - like Exter's pyramid - you have a base layer of reserve assets into which profit is taken in times of recession, then a graduating utility layer which expands faster than the base layer in times of growth.

I think you're operating under too many assumptions too confidently. Every time you've approached this thread ringing the altseason bell you've been proven wrong. Your analysis, like times previous, doesn't really depend on anything other than proclaiming "its time."

"Adoption" can have a variety of meanings when it comes to monetary assets. For monetary commodities "adoption" simply means holding it as a savings vehicle. So measures like the number of active wallets, blockchain transaction use etc ,apply. On the other hand if it's used as a unit of account then it can scale outwith its own technical domain (i.e. holders may not hold bitcoin but may hold some other asset or debt securities that are denominated in bitcoin).

"Adoption" mostly means it is being used by an increasing number of people for any purpose. Without this, neither bitcoin nor altcoins will increase in value.

By either measure, the observations are the same - that the wider crypto market serves as the "lungs of bitcoin".

I think its the opposite - bitcoin is the lungs of altcoins. If bitcoin falters, so do altcoins. If bitcoin succeeds, some altcoins may succeed. The world is still trying to grasp the concept of bitcoin and doesn't really have time to deal with other coins. And 100 years from now, anything is possible.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 03:11:52 AM

Who is the one pumping altcoins in a bitcoin thread?  That is you.  Am I in the wrong thread?

I opened this discussion talking about bitcoin dominance which is a bitcoin topic. As a 6-year holder I tend to find it relevant and generally post such views freely in this thread. Have done for years.

You just got so triggered by the subject that you started bouncing off the walls in a fit of monopolistic zealotry to the extent that you couldn't see the wood for the trees in the point I was making which is actually not very challenging to bitcoin if you care to re-examine it.

All the same you sure can produce some entertaining troll bait so it's not all wasted Wink
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 04:36:29 AM

I opened this discussion talking about bitcoin dominance which is a bitcoin topic. As a 6-year holder I tend to find it relevant and generally post such views freely in this thread. Have done for years.

Aren't you so special.    Roll Eyes

You just got so triggered by the subject that you started bouncing off the walls

I got triggered by poor innocent you? 

hahahahaha

I don't think so.

I responded to your main ideas which was to both suggest with hopium that altcoin season was on its way (which you have been proclaiming for the past two years), and that bitcoin was dying.... which seems to be filled with hopium rather than a description of actual circumstances.  I was pointing out how amazingly pie in the sky you are.

The hopium looked like this to me:

in a fit of monopolistic zealotry to the extent that you couldn't see the wood for the trees in the point I was making which is actually not very challenging to bitcoin if you care to re-examine it.

All the same you sure can produce some entertaining troll bait so it's not all wasted Wink

Keep hoping, Toknormal.  Your dreams of an altcoin season might come true (along with your hope that shrinking market cap really means anything in terms of the growing power of King daddy bitcoin), perhaps?

Salauddin1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 04:49:34 AM

One more wave down and be ready for rocket!!

Sourece: https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSDT/6GNOFYwt-One-more-wave-down-and-be-ready-for-rocket/

I never care about any indicators any more! Before a lot of years, we test thousands of different indicators regular and custom and try to implement them in many robots but my final conclusion was the best indicator that I have is between my ears. Sure it can go bearish but the probability for this trade is so high! Always use stop so a mistake can not impact more than 3% on your balance. But risk-reward ratio this time is over 1:15 sl 8100 Tp 13200

So at the monument we are looking tracking movement, pump not $10k  but $1000 up to the current price.

infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 05:12:40 AM

Are you folks seriously still under the delusion that bitcoin is a natural monopoly ?  Because if you are then I'd consider investing in yellow socks since they're about as likely to establish one.

What do you think's has been happening over the last 10 years ? The so called "altcoin" market is about as utterly hammered into profit-take oblivion as any modern asset's ever seen and bitcoin's still only 16% away from having a minority market share. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Alts are the lungs of BTC and they're about to initiate a sharp intake of breath after an epic exhale Wink

Nice hypothesis. Is it based on one market cycle?
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 05:20:19 AM

https://twitter.com/mg0314a/status/1193704282110873607
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 05:37:32 AM

One more wave down and be ready for rocket!!

Sourece: https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSDT/6GNOFYwt-One-more-wave-down-and-be-ready-for-rocket/

I never care about any indicators any more! Before a lot of years, we test thousands of different indicators regular and custom and try to implement them in many robots but my final conclusion was the best indicator that I have is between my ears. Sure it can go bearish but the probability for this trade is so high! Always use stop so a mistake can not impact more than 3% on your balance. But risk-reward ratio this time is over 1:15 sl 8100 Tp 13200

So at the monument we are looking tracking movement, pump not $10k  but $1000 up to the current price.

Down before up?  Hm?  Seems like I had heard that somewhere before.

Didn't we already get the down?  Remember the last few days?
Pages: « 1 ... 25099 25100 25101 25102 25103 25104 25105 25106 25107 25108 25109 25110 25111 25112 25113 25114 25115 25116 25117 25118 25119 25120 25121 25122 25123 25124 25125 25126 25127 25128 25129 25130 25131 25132 25133 25134 25135 25136 25137 25138 25139 25140 25141 25142 25143 25144 25145 25146 25147 25148 [25149] 25150 25151 25152 25153 25154 25155 25156 25157 25158 25159 25160 25161 25162 25163 25164 25165 25166 25167 25168 25169 25170 25171 25172 25173 25174 25175 25176 25177 25178 25179 25180 25181 25182 25183 25184 25185 25186 25187 25188 25189 25190 25191 25192 25193 25194 25195 25196 25197 25198 25199 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: