May 02, 2024, 08:08:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27419 27420 27421 27422 27423 27424 27425 27426 27427 27428 27429 27430 27431 27432 27433 27434 27435 27436 27437 27438 27439 27440 27441 27442 27443 27444 27445 27446 27447 27448 27449 27450 27451 27452 27453 27454 27455 27456 27457 27458 27459 27460 27461 27462 27463 27464 27465 27466 27467 27468 [27469] 27470 27471 27472 27473 27474 27475 27476 27477 27478 27479 27480 27481 27482 27483 27484 27485 27486 27487 27488 27489 27490 27491 27492 27493 27494 27495 27496 27497 27498 27499 27500 27501 27502 27503 27504 27505 27506 27507 27508 27509 27510 27511 27512 27513 27514 27515 27516 27517 27518 27519 ... 33316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371053 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2091
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 03:33:28 PM

https://twitter.com/SquawkCNBC/status/1331560442188210176

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2091
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 03:34:19 PM

https://twitter.com/SquawkCNBC/status/1331560442188210176

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7824

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2020, 03:37:07 PM
Merited by aesma (1)

So, ATH soon is a given IMHO, then what ? Stay up there, go significantly higher ? Then what ? Do you think a pullback to 4 digits USD is possible ? Asking for a friend.

I'm not asking for maths or technical analysis but rather opinion or gut feeling.

Just like we think we can get to ATH very soon.

My feeling is if we ever pass 20k again we dance up and down on that line for a while. 19500-20500.

Finally move to 25-30k Jan-Feb. 2021

then correct to 14k-18k Mar-APR 2021

Rally like mad maybe 50k  Sept- Dec 2021
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 03:56:05 PM

overinvested in bitcoin

It’s funny.  I never hear people say, “overinvested in (dollars|euros|whatever)”.  ;-)

Can one be overinvested in money?  Is that like allocating too much cash in your portfolio?

Firing at random, for I am now something like 20 pages behind WO.  ATH yet?

If all your bills are denominated in bitcoin, then no problem to keep all your money in bitcoin -otherwise, if you have bills in dollars, you might be forced to reallocate some of those 100% bitcoins into dollars in order to make good on those bills.. and you may end up making such conversion at a time that is not of your choosing.

Point taken—as consistent with hard experience, personally.  My remark was tongue-in-cheek, wink-wink ;-), just because I am unavoidably amused at the notion of being “overinvested” in money.

You can amuse ur lil selfie all the way to the poorman's house, if you are rich in some kind of money that nobody (relatively speaking) wants.

If I walk up to any random business and ask them if they will take bitcoins to settle or to render a good or service, there are pretty low odds that such random business is going to agree to transact with me in bitcoin.. because likely their first response would be, "what's that?"  No one wants to appear dumb, of course, so they might fake it and they may have even heard of it, but they are not set up with an ability to receive bitcoin, an they might be reluctant to set up such ability, especially if they are approached from random peep (namely yours truly) off of the street.

The last time that I tried this, the response was dismissive:  “It may go to zero.”  The business proprietor knew what Bitcoin was.  He thought that it was a stupid idea.

There are a decent number of peeps who believe that they know what bitcoin is because they heard the name or they have some idea-ers about it... but in reflection of our pretty narrow adoption level, there are a decent number of peeps who have way fewer clues about what bitcoin is than they believe.

Look at several of us forum members who have been studying bitcoin for years and years and years, and we are still grappling with what bitcoin is or various ways that it may serve us in the present or the future.

That was when Bitcoin was in the doldrums around $4k–5k for a long time.  Maybe I should try it during a FOMO bull run, rather than a bear market.

Sure.  Probably does not hurt to attempt various real world interactions, and probably in the longer run, the more that interpersonal interactions are attempted, the more bitcoin will become adopted or better known to have use cases for more people, even if several peeps might just be storing it on the side.

I do think that business owners should immediately swap to Tethers* the exact amount that they project they will need to cover their fiat-denominated Accounts Payable in the short term (approximately the marginal cost to them of the underlying merchant transaction), for the reason that you state to me personally:  Losses and potential insolvency are bad for business, too!

Likely many business owners will prefer whatever is easy, and surely if they recognize an ability to save or value to appreciate, they would likely be o.k. with that too.. so long as they figure that they have ways to easily liquidate, if they so choose... accounting issues can also be one of the complications that they consider if they are hesitant to get involved in bitcoin or any other asset on a grander scale.

I have considered writing software to support this, but it got kicked down on the priorities list...  It is something that BTCPay Server should consider, to solve their weak point that keeps many businesses stuck on outsourced payment acceptance.  (Many ideas here, will omit for now.)

* Much better than using Shitpay!

Sure, there are likely quite a few developers considering these various kinds of angles, including lightning network developers considering ways to build businesses around ease of use, too... and of course, if something is considered to be pegged to the dollar, then there might not be a tax event, perhaps.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 04:14:28 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

1) Today @vaneck_eu launched a #Bitcoin #ETN. The ETN is physically-backed by Bitcoin and listed on Deutsche Böerse Xetra.

Launching a Bitcoin ETP was a top priority for VanEck. We succeeded! VanEck hopes to serve many in Europe and Asia! Resource page: https://vaneck.com/ucits/bitcoin

——
2) Important #Bitcoin  #ETP Features:
+ Physically backed (100% Bitcoin collateralized)
+ Exchange listed (Deutsche Börse Xetra)
+ Negligible premium/discount to NAV
+ Transparent holdings
+ Transparent prices
+ Investor protections
+ Professionally managed by @vaneck_eu

——
3)
+ Resource page: vaneck.com/ucits/bitcoin/
+ Manager: @vaneck_eu
 + Listings exchange: @DeutscheBoerse
 + Index provider: @MVISIndices
 + Custodian: @BankFrick
 + Follow colleagues: @vaneck_eu,
@MVISIndices, @sirbanksalot, @ChefTracker, @SASchoenfeld, @JanvanEck3

https://twitter.com/gaborgurbacs/status/1331545499485278208
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 04:17:30 PM

It’s when the $ exceeds the number of pages on the WO.  Obviously.  

$27,600, the Real All Time High  Grin

The ath is @ $19666+1

Then we will enjoy daily aths for some time.. until we reach the cycle top.. and i pray the lord its not only at current page parity Grin

There are probably several of us looking forward to getting to page parity again, and furthermore looking forward to a kind of staying above page parity.... so stop typing so many posts, you fucks!!!!! (yours truly excluded).

Some of us, also, may recall that we did get above page parity in December 2017, and I believe that it was NOT even a whole day.. it may have been only a few hours.. and the page count at the time was in the lower $19k's as I recall.  It may even be reflected in thread history... even though the WO page numbering is likely screwed up... thanks a lot bbbbbbaaaaaaaawwwwwbbbb...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

overinvested in bitcoin

It’s funny.  I never hear people say, “overinvested in (dollars|euros|whatever)”.  ;-)

Can one be overinvested in money?  Is that like allocating too much cash in your portfolio?

Firing at random, for I am now something like 20 pages behind WO.  ATH yet?

Yes, from a financial perspective, you can be overinvested in $, € or whatever kind of asset. It's all just about balancing/hedging a portfolio. YMMV.

With Bitcoin, due to its extraordinarie appreciation over time, it is somewhat easy to become "overinvested"... even if that was intended or not.

I am probably "overinvested" in Bitcoin currently... but YOLO. Again, YMMV.

I claim to have been overinvested in bitcoin since about November or December 2014.. yet it did not stop me from continuing to put money into BTC and to stay in a kind of "overinvested" state of being.  I agree with the YMMV aspect, because each of us has to weigh where we are at, and how much "overinvesting" in any particular asset may be acceptable... so even though I frequently denigrate the concept of gambling, I admit to being a bit of a hypocrite gambler myself- yet I still would proclaim that there are degrees to many things.. so sometimes can be difficult to figure out with any kind of precision where the right balance of "overdoing it" might lie for any particular person at any particular snap-shot time in his (or even her) life.

Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3425
Merit: 4344

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 04:32:32 PM

R.I.P football legend Diego Armando Maradona. Cry
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2020, 04:36:44 PM

The shitty thing is, I just realized that now my profile looks as if I'm a pré-Merit member who's never succeeded in getting more than 8 Merits during his entire membership on these boards.

Feels a bit like downgrading as a "big" 12-year-old kid in elementary school back down to suddenly being a junior in high school. Cool

^^^ THIS!!!

Discussion transplanted:  The Gresham’s Law of account rank and grandfathered merits.

I have been complaining about the “grandfathered” merits since February–March 2018.  Now, I look like some idiotic “Legendary” who has earned only 1045 merits.  Roll Eyes  Did theymos learn nothing from monetary policy, Gresham’s Law, etc.?

[...]

Youthful accounts with high merit are glamorous.  Highly-ranked accounts don’t look like wise elders, thanks to the inflationary effect of grandfathered merits:  They look like people who have just been shitposting for a very long time.

friends1980, congratulations on the new rank.  Though wouldn’t it be much sweeter if you could dispense with the 100 grandfathered merits, and celebrate self-made Hero bragging rights after you have earned 500 merits?  At the rate that you are now going, it will not take long!

Anyway, a toast with something other than Chianti:

(buy your stock of champagne for the next 3 years people Wink - prices are ridiculously low atm, since meetings and parties are forbidden, therefore there's a huge overstock)

🥂 🍾
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 04:37:42 PM

Thread seems pretty dead for beating on a new ATH no?

I call troll.

In approximately the past four days, I missed about a zillion pages of WO just because it is moving too fast, and I do not currently have time even to skim it.

Is that itself a market indicator?  ;-)

Yes, it means we are near the all time high I believe, and die hard Bitcoiners are getting a little excited. Even if now it looks like we are correcting a little...
MishaMuc

Activity: 1428
Merit: 589

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 04:41:42 PM

R.I.P football legend Diego Armando Maradona. Cry

Well...his lifestyle most likely leads to death very quickly..  Tongue
RIP
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 04:46:34 PM

Start of the bull market?   Motherfucker we have been in a bull market since the Halvening. 

Since about April 1, 2019, I would proclaim - even though we did not likely realize such bull market entrance until about the first week of May 2019. 

YMMV - causing you to be wrong. Tongue Tongue 

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

How you going to pay in BTC if the person refuses to accept BTC..?  Hold a gun to their head?  You cannot assume away the point that I was making by saying, "if you pay in BTC" when you have not even gotten to that point yet, can you?

Of course. However some places do take BTC, yet I've never seen one whose prices are BTC nominated, and don't move with the BTC/USD price. So in reality the prices are still un USD (other fiat).

Of course, some places take BTC... that is not the point that I was making... so you keep arguing the premises... which is non-responsive and ultimately, another point.  Sure, your point may be a fair point, but it is still a different point.

Regarding the further additional point of actually pricing goods/services in BTC.. no one had even been coming close to that point, in earlier posts... and sure, I would agree that pricing in BTC without any kind of peg is a more rare occurrence and likely even further into the future in terms of becoming some kind of common practice.. even though such a non-pegging is likely to come.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3485

born once atheist

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 04:52:02 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

.... so stop typing so many posts, you fucks!!!!! (yours truly excluded).
Roll Eyes

Hey, easy does it there Jay. I resemble that remark.
WOPCOP   (ie, Wall Observer Page COunt Parity, (not a police officer of Italian persuasion)) will occur shortly anon, so keep it in your pants.
And this will truly be a momentous occasion.
Maybe even more so than the amazing  founding of the exclusive I-got-a-special-hat club.

...... even though the WO page numbering is likely screwed up... thanks a lot bbbbbbaaaaaaaawwwwwbbbb...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Hang on a minute... bobs mass deletion helped the cause, didn't it?

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 04:54:44 PM

Thread seems pretty dead for beating on a new ATH no?

Or you all to busy crossing your fingers and rubbing your hands together?

That's what happens when people have to stare at the same price for days and days. Being close to an ATH becomes irrelevant and boredom sets in.

You won't find any clearer real-life definition of luxury problems. Grin

I've put a bottle of champagne in the fridge, will pop it as soon as ATH is crushed.

(buy your stock of champagne for the next 3 years people Wink - prices are ridiculously low atm, since meetings and parties are forbidden, therefore there's a huge overstock)

Define "crushed."  By the way, all LFC needs in order to win his bet with Bossian is to go above $19,666 for one instance (one trade) - so a price of $19,666.01 may likely do, but just to be MOAR safer (and clear ambiguity), it may be better to reach $19,667 with at least one bitstamp trade.

.... so stop typing so many posts, you fucks!!!!! (yours truly excluded).
Roll Eyes

Hey, easy does it there Jay. I resemble that remark.
WOPCOP   (ie, Wall Observer Page COunt Parity, (not a police officer of Italian persuasion)) will occur shortly anon, so keep it in your pants.
And this will truly be a momentous occasion.
Maybe even more so than the amazing  founding of the exclusive I-got-a-special-hat club.

...... even though the WO page numbering is likely screwed up... thanks a lot bbbbbbaaaaaaaawwwwwbbbb...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Hang on a minute... bobs mass deletion helped the cause, didn't it?

I was largely attempting to refer to the research efforts in terms of page-counts matching up with when the posts were actually made.  As far as making it easier to reach price/page parity, sure, I will concede that bbbbbbaaaaaaaawwwwwbbbb helped that particular "cause" in the event that you would like to make it "easier" to reach price/page parity - which probably would not be my preference... because we could likely create a joint campaign now to delete posts in order to reach price/page parity more quickly, and I would not consider that to be a better way of going about matters...

By the way, I am a bit against deletion of posts... Of course, the forum allows members to delete if they like, so whatever, I am not going on any kind of campaign in that direction - even though I may get a few "digs in" here and there and from time to time.  Recall the "funzies" campaign that caused a large number of post deletions in order to delay the WO page count from going over $10k.. .sure it was funzies, but I don't agree with that damage to WO history - even though it was user generated... I consider that the "funzies" removed value rather than adding value.. even though it was "funzies" for quite a few members at that time in the short term.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 05:00:41 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1), sirazimuth (1), AlcoHoDL (1), Arriemoller (1), Phil_S (1), bitserve (1), Toxic2040 (1)

The time has come for me to thank all of you here at W.O.  

I had, of course, HEDL a small position in BTC before arriving here years ago.  But, I would not have bought as much (small as it is, relatively speaking) without the encouragement of everyone here.  I found many interesting links that educated me greatly, and have been amused by those having a fine sense of humor.   Cheesy

I am not going to even try to name anyone here, as you are legion, and I would forget many many names.  But, collectively you have all helped me and my family attain moar financial security as I built up my stake, selling some along the away (prudence).

So, have a great Thanksgiving (fellow Americans), and all the rest please receive my gratitude for enthusiasm and knowledge about the great innovation of Bitcoin!
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 05:08:38 PM
Merited by Xinarae* (1)

morning charts

A makers mark and some up/down scalps perhaps.   #dyor

1h

4h

#stronghands
Xinarae*

Activity: 1414
Merit: 326

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 05:09:40 PM

Observed we lost a hero.
Maradona has passed away at the age of 60 years old 😔🌹
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 05:10:58 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2020, 05:28:48 PM by JayJuanGee

overinvested in bitcoin

Yes, from a financial perspective, you can be overinvested in $, € or whatever kind of asset. It's all just about balancing/hedging a portfolio. YMMV.

It is sound thinking!  You avoid some deleterious illusions.

Most people think of buying Bitcoin as an “investment”, and selling Bitcoin as “cashing out” into what is not perceived as an investment.

Whereas I never perceived Bitcoin as an “investment”.  (I would be richer if I did.)  It’s just my savings.  I used to keep my savings primarily in paper cash; now, I keep my savings primarily in Bitcoin.  *shrug*

As you suggest, the investment mindset is likely the more profitable one - even though I doubt that there might not be some overlap whether we are talking about a venn diagram or some kind of gradiated scale (spectrum).

With Bitcoin, due to its extraordinarie appreciation over time, it is somewhat easy to become "overinvested"... even if that was intended or not.

I am probably "overinvested" in Bitcoin currently... but YOLO. Again, YMMV.

* nullius is jealous:  I wish that I were “overinvested” in Bitcoin!  :'-(''''''

You probably are "overinvested in BTC".. especially if you really do not attempt (or is it refuse?) to balance out your BTC versus fiat in a meaningful way... you are just not recognizing the overinvested status of ur lil selfie..  Tongue  Tongue Tongue

I observe some decent walls at $19500 and above on stamp. Call the badger, he has some work to do!

Walls are reverse indicators..

doesn't know nuttin

It's all good.

The time everyday goods prices will truly be BTC-nominated, is the time a cup of coffee will cost one (1) sat.

HoDL.

Interesting prediction.

Remember with any prediction (or is it price movement) we have elements of quantity (how much the price moves) and time... so even though you did not quite specify the time within your prediction, there is a bit of a time element in terms of describing what has to be achieved in order to have reached the "everything priced in bitcoin" status.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 05:25:54 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1)

$TWTR online censorship is getting out of control!! @jack

===>

((((removed)))))

===>

@FacesOfCOVID @DrPanMD PEEPS DYING OF STARVATION AND SUICIDE SINCE THEY LOST THEIR JOBS AND LIVELYHOOD!! :\ YOU CAN #FUCKOFF SCAMMER #BigPharma SHILLS CAN GO DIE!! IMO

<====

reeeeeeee

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 05:28:40 PM

There are probably several of us looking forward to getting to page parity again, and furthermore looking forward to a kind of staying above page parity.... so stop typing so many posts, you fucks!!!!! (yours truly excluded).

Some of us, also, may recall that we did get above page parity in December 2017, and I believe that it was NOT even a whole day.. it may have been only a few hours.. and the page count at the time was in the lower $19k's as I recall.  It may even be reflected in thread history... even though the WO page numbering is likely screwed up... thanks a lot bbbbbbaaaaaaaawwwwwbbbb...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

wasnt that when people were deleting posts like mad to keep the numbers in sync? pretty crazy day as i recall.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 05:35:25 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2020, 05:54:10 PM by JayJuanGee

Any forecast as to what to expect if the ATH is broken? . continue as normal, big spike, dump??

Since we seem to be coiling here, that might cause a bit of a BIGGER push beyond the previous ATH... so maybe 5-12% would be reasonable - yet it is still hard to know if such breakthrough would be sustained - unless you happen to be a sorcerer.. which such a thing is possible, in theory.

How well Prepared is Bitcoin against a CME? Asking for a "Friend"

Bitcoin Readyness for a CME ? Grin

Maybe the better question would be how ready CME or any of those other financial betters are ready for BTC... and hopefully they have not screwed up too much in terms of betting on down or sideways and then fractional reserved themselves into needing a bailout... and bitcoin does not have bailouts, but they may have some buddies in dee govt that might be willing to bail dem out.. perhaps?  Perhaps?

How well Prepared is Bitcoin against a CME? Asking for a "Friend"

Bitcoin Readyness for a CME ? Grin

CME ain't shit compared to Bitcoin.

Lol, a CME can fry us all to crisps if it is strong enough

CME Meaning : Coronal Mass Ejection

Fuck you, with your moving the goalposts.. ... you disingenuous twat.   Tongue

It’s when the $ exceeds the number of pages on the WO.  Obviously.  

$27,600, the Real All Time High  Grin

The ath is @ $19666+1

Then we will enjoy daily aths for some time.. until we reach the cycle top.. and i pray the lord its not only at current page parity Grin

i have sells stacked at 19667 and 20001 just for the lulz

That sounds like harmless funzies.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   It is the kind of thing that seems to materially (and perhaps psychologically too as you seem to imply) demonstrate an achievement of a level of "fuck you" status.  I would do it too, but I have my own little system.. and I hate to dabble around, even though it does seem fun just to have some tangible orders at something like those levels... maybe the level might be different for different peeps.. but still not a bad idea-er.  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 27419 27420 27421 27422 27423 27424 27425 27426 27427 27428 27429 27430 27431 27432 27433 27434 27435 27436 27437 27438 27439 27440 27441 27442 27443 27444 27445 27446 27447 27448 27449 27450 27451 27452 27453 27454 27455 27456 27457 27458 27459 27460 27461 27462 27463 27464 27465 27466 27467 27468 [27469] 27470 27471 27472 27473 27474 27475 27476 27477 27478 27479 27480 27481 27482 27483 27484 27485 27486 27487 27488 27489 27490 27491 27492 27493 27494 27495 27496 27497 27498 27499 27500 27501 27502 27503 27504 27505 27506 27507 27508 27509 27510 27511 27512 27513 27514 27515 27516 27517 27518 27519 ... 33316 »
  Print  

Jump to: