June 08, 2024, 08:46:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 5227 5228 5229 5230 5231 5232 [5233] 5234 5235 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 ... 33425 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26396785 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 10374

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:11:53 PM

I would hate to live in the experimental society that you would design after the supposed revolution....

You kind missed the point again. He doesn't want to design a society. That's what statists want to do.

This time it can happen, history has favored the plunder, now for the first time there is a plunder proof store of wealth if you store it properly, if it is stolen it rewords all others not the plunderers.

Bitcoin is NOT going to resolve all of these societal and community questions b/c they are still going to exist; however, bitcoin will likely bring some revolutionary possibilities in the way that we think about our social institutions and how we think about and carry out social interactions.

I agree Bitcoin wont solve a thing, its people who will solve the problems, Bitcoin is just a useful tool, a unique and powerful tool people have never had before.

DITTO>......  Smiley

Denton

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:12:49 PM

I suppose this is their new exchange
https://atlasats.com/

Be skeptical to this atlasats thing. The MarketWatch "article" has the guy behind it bragging about their own network and blah blah. Meanwhile, it's hosted on Amazon EC2. Amazon EC2 is mostly used to host scams, spambots and that sort of thing. Anyone who runs a webserver will tell you that their logs are full of attack attempts from Amazon EC2, your best of putting a -j DROP on their entire IP-range.

In other news, Crayon Pop is about to release a new single: http://www.soompi.com/2014/03/12/crayon-pop-takes-off-helmet-and-dons-hanbok-for-upcoming-new-single/#.UyGHF3XZKXl

Are they for real? How can they expect to be taken seriously while hosting on EC2. Its so obvious as well their webpage takes forever to load.
I like the fee structure. Would be nice if more exchanges adopted it.
threecats

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:18:37 PM

You still design by NOT designing...

And you still don't seem to be understanding that this is a valid way to do things.

I suggest you read a bit about Zen Buddhism or Taoism.

Alternatively, Alan Watts can explain how this applies to our current debate.

Alan Watts is the man!!
fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:18:46 PM

You still design by NOT designing...

And you still don't seem to be understanding that this is a valid way to do things.

I suggest you read a bit about Zen Buddhism or Taoism.

Alternatively, Alan Watts can explain how this applies to our current debate.

Yes I have heard quite a bit of Alan Watts presentations...     Some of you guys may need to read economist richard wolff to get some perspectives on labor history and to get a sense of our modern state of affairs and the exploitation of the people by capitalists (my employment of the word capitalist does NOT mean I am against capitalism).

Alan Watts... for me,  his most memorable observation is prickles and goo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXi_ldNRNtM

Love his stuff...
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:23:00 PM

All good news, no more Gox to stop us. Jet packs are full. Prepare to strap in, bears.

It would be a sound way to see it, however, the "news addiction" of daytraders is veeeery exploitable. People are waiting all day for news to buy or sell... now, imagine if you had the power to make the news (controlling the decisions that affect bitcoin, controlling the media etc). What bulls and bears? These would be your pets... you would have bears and bulls running any way you want by simply moving the magic wand that creates good or bad news - while you've positioned yourself earlier than them, because, well, you create the news.

People should give no weight to "good" news to up the price because that implies that the media has also the power to drop the price by giving out "bad" news. People can choose to allow the media and the establishment to control the decisions and news, and thus the price, or they can start thinking of their own instead of waiting for trains and crashes, news, rumors, economopolitical decisions etc - which have been played before the traders get a glimpse.

Stock markets are supposedly regulated regarding news announcements of stocks etc, so that shareholders are "protected". And still they get exploited all the time through insider trading by those calling the shots and having control and foreknowledge of events. Bitcoin "players" have no obligation to announce anything to anyone. They simply play the market as they see fit. Today some "good news", tomorrow some "bad news", and the traders will dance to the tune that some others are orchestrating...
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:27:58 PM

All good news, no more Gox to stop us. Jet packs are full. Prepare to strap in, bears.

People should give no weight to "good" news to up the price because... yadda...

Clearly you're new here. This is the speculation thread. We do not require any factual data to support our assessments. There has been good news: the price will go up. One need only wait long enough.
Zapffe

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:30:54 PM

Scotty didn't know!
http://s28.postimg.org/two8prdfh/insta.gif
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 07:32:02 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 07:43:19 PM by billyjoeallen

I simply want to live in a society where all interactions are voluntary and property rights are respected. If that sounds too distopian to you, find comfort in the fact that I am philosophically am opposed to forcing anyone to create such a society, to live there or to stay there. Can you the the same of your society?

Those are very nice and lofty principles in theory, and they are NOT even bad things to which to aspire.  NONETHELESS, we are likely NOT going to be able to achieve complete voluntaryism, especially your concept of the term, and there are social and public benefit and social and public property that are from time to time going to impinge upon the boundaries and property rights of others that are NOT likely resolvable voluntarily.   But, in theory I would like a world that also aspires to those kinds of broad principles, to the extent feasible.. so maybe we kind of agree to the broad principles, but NOT to the absolutism of such broad principles to the detriment of society as a whole.

The debate might end here, then. There are several strong utilitarian arguments to be made in favor of distributed governance, but I'm probably not the right person to make them. I'm a Natural Rights kind of guy and I don't think coercion is justified even if it produced a net benefit for society, which I strongly believe it doesn't.

Our community just donated over $25,000 worth of bitcoin to a victim of irresponsible media. Is that not evidence of our charitable disposition?
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 07:40:36 PM

Scotty didn't know!

Never? The whale that took us to $710 paid my mortgage and bills for the whole month.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:44:45 PM

Clearly you're new here. This is the speculation thread. We do not require any factual data to support our assessments. There has been good news: the price will go up. One need only wait long enough.

I've been reading the last couple thousand pages from the sidelines thus I have a "moderate" understanding of how this particular "game" is "played", don't worry. I was just pointing out the power that people give to the news, usually unintentionally and without understanding the process.

Even speculation needs "stimuli", and some will provide "stimuli" to those who have developed an addiction for it. Even reloading this page 100 times a day (as most will be familiar with) is a way to quench the thirst for the news/stimuli addiction. We need mooooaaar data to speculate, or decide on what/when to sell or buy... links, rumors and everything. It's the way it goes. And, well, it's exploitable. That's just the reality of it.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:50:22 PM

That is one of the interesting things about the speculation thread... some posters will see good news,  and predict the exact opposite of what any other reasonable person would expect.

NONETHELESS, sometimes there are solid bullet points to support why a poster believes the market will go in one direction or another, such as... CCMF........ and I am of that inclination that the stars are aligning us for a CCMF - however, i am NOT clear whether that CCMF will be today or possibly within the next 6 months...

Accordingly, my BTC price prediction timeline is almost too broad to be credible... but it seems to be in line with some others in this thread.... and my long term bullishness seems to be why I am more of a long term kind of dollar cost averaging BTC investor, rather than a day trader.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 07:51:20 PM

I've been reading the last couple thousand pages from the sidelines thus I have a "moderate" understanding of how this particular "game" is "played", don't worry. I was just pointing out the power that people give to the news, usually unintentionally and without understanding the process.

Even speculation needs "stimuli", and some will provide "stimuli" to those who have developed an addiction for it. Even reloading this page 100 times a day (as most will be familiar with) is a way to quench the thirst for the news/stimuli addiction. We need mooooaaar data to speculate, or decide on what/when to sell or buy... links, rumors and everything. It's the way it goes. And, well, it's exploitable. That's just the reality of it.

That is a lot of pages to read!

Would you advise to buy hold or sell now? I have fiat waiting, I can't decide if I should wait a bit, I bought some already and I may buy if it dives or start going up
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 07:51:42 PM

I would hate to live in the experimental society that you would design after the supposed revolution....

You kind missed the point again. He doesn't want to design a society. That's what statists want to do.

This time it can happen, history has favored the plunder, now for the first time there is a plunder proof store of wealth if you store it properly, if it is stolen it rewords all others not the plunderers.

Bitcoin is NOT going to resolve all of these societal and community questions b/c they are still going to exist; however, bitcoin will likely bring some revolutionary possibilities in the way that we think about our social institutions and how we think about and carry out social interactions.

I agree Bitcoin wont solve a thing, its people who will solve the problems, Bitcoin is just a useful tool, a unique and powerful tool people have never had before.

Bitcoin solves the Byzantine General's problem. A problem is a thing.
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 07:54:01 PM

That is a lot of pages to read!

Would you advise to buy hold or sell now? I have fiat waiting, I can't decide if I should wait a bit, I bought some already and I may buy if it dives or start going up

Definitely hold. We are definitely (probably) at the very start of the next several month long rally (it starts very slowly at first).
KeyserSoze

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:55:06 PM

And, well, it's exploitable. That's just the reality of it.

I, for one, applaud you coming out of the shadows with the revelation some news may be manufactured. I had no idea.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:56:20 PM

I simply want to live in a society where all interactions are voluntary and property rights are respected. If that sounds too distopian to you, find comfort in the fact that I am philosophically am opposed to forcing anyone to create such a society, to live there or to stay there. Can you the the same of your society?

Those are very nice and lofty principles in theory, and they are NOT even bad things to which to aspire.  NONETHELESS, we are likely NOT going to be able to achieve complete voluntaryism, especially your concept of the term, and there are social and public benefit and social and public property that are from time to time going to impinge upon the boundaries and property rights of others that are NOT likely resolvable voluntarily.   But, in theory I would like a world that also aspires to those kinds of broad principles, to the extent feasible.. so maybe we kind of agree to the broad principles, but NOT to the absolutism of such broad principles to the detriment of society as a whole.

The debate might end here, then. There are several strong utilitarian arguments to be made in favor of distributed governance, but I'm probably not the right person to make them. I'm a Natural Rights kind of guy and I don't think coercion is justified even if it produced a net benefit for society, which I strongly believe it doesn't.

Our community just donated over $25,000 worth of bitcoin to a victim of irresponsible media. Is that not evidence of our charitable disposition?

You cannot run a society like that.... this situation got a lot of attention, but there are so many situations of public need that do NOT get attention, and the problem of free riding or free loading is a well known principle in economics and human psychology that people are NOT going to just freely invest in certain public goods, and they are just going to wait for the other guy... b/c they know that they can get it for free.. there are so many examples of this and even examples of natural monopolies that it is very inefficient to build redundant systems.. and those kinds of systems are public goods.     I think a lot of you anti-government folks do NOT account for these various factors, and somehow expect that everything important is going to be covered by some kind of hands-off voluntary/free/individualistic system.

KeyserSoze

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:56:49 PM

We are definitely (probably) at the very start ...

Now there's a man with confidence!
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:58:05 PM

Bitcoin solves the Byzantine General's problem. A problem is a thing.

I'm with you on this one, but Byzantine Generals were people, who needed a tool to solve the Byzantine General's problem. People use things (tools).
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1778

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:02:26 PM

Explanation
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:09:21 PM

Okay Im convinced, many people I know who would not normally be interested are talking about, asking me questions on and sharing articles in regards to BTC this is as good of a sign as any that were in for some general upward movement. Even non techie people have been taking the time to learn the basics and then ask good questions.
Pages: « 1 ... 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 5227 5228 5229 5230 5231 5232 [5233] 5234 5235 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 ... 33425 »
  Print  

Jump to: