May 02, 2024, 05:18:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 [5205] 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 5227 5228 5229 5230 5231 5232 5233 5234 5235 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 ... 33316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370984 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:16:35 PM

I like you when you are feeling optimistic!
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:18:50 PM

You are saying that situation 1 and situation 2 are clearly similar and that this should be the point of our discussion.. for me to supposedly need to defend why situation 2 is different from situation 1.  I think that it is illogical and silly for me to have to argue with some silly notion that these two situations are the same, when clearly, they are NOT the same - even though both situations make you feel the same way.. robbed.
I think the only possible germane difference is the party demanding the funds.

A community acting to get you to pay your fair share contribution into the community is NOT the same as someone taking money from you

The critical terms here are "community" and "fair share".  If I can't opt out, it's not a community, its a gang.  Also, "fair share" is very much up for debate.  If the "community" decides that a "fair share" is 100%, are you cool with that?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:28:47 PM

Hey I'm new here, but I thought I'd go ahead and share my speculations.

As you can see, to me, it seems as if we may be in for a third "echo" (not repeat--as I've been told markets don't repeat, etc)
http://oi61.tinypic.com/oje520.jpg
source: http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/bitstampUSD#tgSzm1g10zm2g25zl

(Please let me know if I'm breaking rules or something...I don't want to be disruptive!

You are doing the one thing everyone else is supposed to be doing!

+1 nice charts

Thanks guys, good to know I'm in the right place for this stuff!

If my speculations are at all accurate...I'm very much looking forward to the next few months  Wink

Thanks a lot for the projection bpnave!!   

I get the sense that many of us, here, are engaging in a kind of best guestimates of the future.. 

I see that you are projecting, more or less, a break out in the summer time-frame... (june or july-ish)

So my question is whether we expect to go above $1,200 at that point?  and then will we stay at some point in which the lows are higher than the previous high?    meaning that the lows would thereafter remain higher than $1200.  Surely, I get the sense that sufficient BTC infrastructure and networking around bitcoin is allowing for such price break outs and higher highs and higher lows... .which would also bring with it, less volatility.

ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:30:23 PM

[snip]
I am NOT opposed to change, and I am NOT opposed to lessening government or getting rid of it, in the event that better systems can be established.  Bitcoin can certainly assist in the direction of providing freedom to greater numbers of people and transparency to monetary and/or other transactional systems. 

This is nice to hear and I assure you I am trying to understand your position and have a good debate.

What bothers me now is your reaction to the idea of "taxation = theft". When this was mentioned you went into a rather angry tirade stating over and over again, that this concept is so ridiculous, that it shouldn't even be taken seriously, but nowhere have I seen you actually explain why. I think this is a hint to why we differ, even though I could put my signature below your quote up there. It seems that to you government = society (or a meaningful representation thereof). Which, incidentally to me represents a concept so absurd and obviously untrue, that it shouldn't even be taken seriously. I won't explain why, though. If queried, I will repeat again how ridiculous it is Wink

I think that on the face of the matter, your bare assertion that situation 1 and 2 are substantially similar is  illogical,  incomprehensible and unworthy or serious discussion...  Even though the two situations may appear to be similar, they are NOT.. which should be obvious and clear on the face.  I think that i adequately explained this over and over and in sufficient detail without having to have the need to elaborate about the obvious, and I do NOT see the point of continuing such a silly-ass discussions if some people continue to think and to argue that taxes and thievery are the same things.... b/c posters like this are living in a sort of parallel reality of LaLa land and a simplistic world to be making such basic assertions to attempt to equate situations that are clearly NOT the same.... even though they "feel the same."  

And this after you put taxation and theft side by side and basically described them in the same words? I am inclined to believe now that you are trolling in some sophisticated manner, otherwise this huge overreaction would seem to me to be the defense mechanism of a very dearly held dogma.

zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:39:26 PM

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, or Finra, on Tuesday issued an investor alert on bitcoin, saying digital currencies are "more than a bit risky." The agency said the alert was intended to caution investors about the risks inherent in buying and using digital currencies like bitcoin. That includes risks from speculative trading and potential fraud related to bitcoin companies, the alert said. The move came after the collapse of the bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox in late February, which filed for bankruptcy in Japan and the U.S. said it lost customers' bitcoins. "Digital currency such as bitcoin is not legal tender," the Finra alert said, which also warned about the lack of safeguards in place for consumers, the irreversibility of bitcoin transactions, and its association with illegal activities.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/finra-alert-says-bitcoin-more-than-a-bit-risky-2014-03-11?reflink=MW_news_stmp

Thx FINRA. We were all unaware that bitcoin is a speculative investment.

Everyone here are also aware that most of the bitcoins are owned by anonymous people, who in all probability and considering the history, are drug dealers, computer crackers or confidence man. By trusting your wealth in bitcoin, you are trusting that this criminal element won't dump their coins to acquire your wealth as their own.

Why do you post here?

You sound like the annoying brat telling a group of smokers how bad it is for their health over and over. What's it to you? Light up or screw off.

Loooooooooooooool Cheesy

keep the revolution going!!!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 10:40:25 PM

yup
its offical.
i drew some lines
rjp55

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 10:47:11 PM

I miss Adamstgbit countdowns...
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:47:20 PM

You are saying that situation 1 and situation 2 are clearly similar and that this should be the point of our discussion.. for me to supposedly need to defend why situation 2 is different from situation 1.  I think that it is illogical and silly for me to have to argue with some silly notion that these two situations are the same, when clearly, they are NOT the same - even though both situations make you feel the same way.. robbed.
I think the only possible germane difference is the party demanding the funds.

YES!!!!!     Germane and essential.  Creates a whole different set of facts, meanings and outcomes.  It is like having sex by oneself or with someone else.  In the second situation, with someone else, we complicated circumstances and the potential of making a baby.  The second situation is materially different from the first, even though the two situations may feel similar.

A community acting to get you to pay your fair share contribution into the community is NOT the same as someone taking money from you

The critical terms here are "community" and "fair share".  If I can't opt out, it's not a community, its a gang.  

Again, reverting into bad logic when coming to the belief the community is ganging up on you.

Also, "fair share" is very much up for debate.  If the "community" decides that a "fair share" is 100%, are you cool with that?

Yes.  These kinds of discussions are had all of the time concerning fair share.  We have had times in fairly recent US history in which the marginal tax rate was more than 90% for the wealthiest among us.  There are various factors that go into considering tax rates, and maybe circumstances may require 100%, but likely very rare circumstances.  You are creating very extreme scenarios if you are suggesting that 100% would be or should be accepted as normal.  Personally, I am of the sense that the very wealthy in the american society (the top 1-5%) have NOT been paying their fair share of taxes, and that is a very significant reason why a large number of americans are currently being screwed and gouged in a variety of ways.  Also the very wealthy have been receiving various subsidies that they do NOT deserve... and are leaching off of the american people and that is also a very significant reason why a large number of americans are currently being screwed and gouged in a variety of ways.   

tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:47:32 PM

Bitcoins are owned by evil people?  Well if we want to get philosophical about it, we all are sinners so I guess it could be true.  Wink

I worship Zeus, and to me, you christian sinners should all burn in hell rot in Hades.
bpnave

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:47:50 PM

Hey I'm new here, but I thought I'd go ahead and share my speculations.

As you can see, to me, it seems as if we may be in for a third "echo" (not repeat--as I've been told markets don't repeat, etc)
http://oi61.tinypic.com/oje520.jpg
source: http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/bitstampUSD#tgSzm1g10zm2g25zl

(Please let me know if I'm breaking rules or something...I don't want to be disruptive!

You are doing the one thing everyone else is supposed to be doing!

+1 nice charts

Thanks guys, good to know I'm in the right place for this stuff!

If my speculations are at all accurate...I'm very much looking forward to the next few months  Wink

Thanks a lot for the projection bpnave!!   

I get the sense that many of us, here, are engaging in a kind of best guestimates of the future.. 

I see that you are projecting, more or less, a break out in the summer time-frame... (june or july-ish)

So my question is whether we expect to go above $1,200 at that point?  and then will we stay at some point in which the lows are higher than the previous high?    meaning that the lows would thereafter remain higher than $1200.  Surely, I get the sense that sufficient BTC infrastructure and networking around bitcoin is allowing for such price break outs and higher highs and higher lows... .which would also bring with it, less volatility.

Yeah, I think you're right. If it follows the previous patterns, we'll go far above and stay above $1,200, especially seeing as we're getting pretty darn logarithmic overall growth so far! Either we break that pattern, or things will start looking pretty incredible.
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:47:56 PM

No lines are needed. We're in...

CCMF mode!

Grin Grin Grin
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:53:31 PM

Post above killed my optimism.

I wonder if 645 is the new 825, we reach it several times, and every time we reach it, there is "CCMF", trains, and rockets, but then eventually we fall again...

You could draw the downtrend on a logarithmic scale instead of a linear scale and then there is a lot more time.
Walsoraj

Activity: 686

Ultranode

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:53:59 PM

No lines are needed. We're in...

CCMF mode!

Grin Grin Grin

Disagree. Foolish to attempt pumps while total bid sum is decreasing. We'll erase all progress by next Monday.

*edit*

forgot smileys:  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
elebit

Activity: 441

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:55:43 PM

After the rise ends, you have your slump, your hump, your re-rise, a level area, and then a very large rise.

You're not the first one to notice these patterns to the Bitcoin value. But just because it's behaved that way in the past doesn't necessarily mean it will do the same again ... or does it?

The bounces haven't been totally symmetrical. The slump during summer 2013 was a lot shorter than most people expected.
bpnave

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:56:11 PM

Bitcoins are owned by evil people?  Well if we want to get philosophical about it, we all are sinners so I guess it could be true.  Wink

I worship Zeus, and to me, you christian sinners should all burn in hell rot in Hades.

Did the Greeks actually worship Hades? Was it reluctantly? Maybe the Disney film is messing me up lol      
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:58:39 PM

yup
its offical.
i drew some lines

as long as LTC/BTC is not going to a quarter instead of a quartinimi ,  all craptofuck is a completly brain - dead , sucker, dead -cat. ponzi, rip-off

sheeple raping while jumping off a cliff lemmings decapitating scheme.....got this ? or are a bug hoping for parrol?? Wink
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:59:03 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 11:35:42 PM by BitChick

My jaw literally dropped on the floor when I read this on Reddit just now!

Overstock CEO just emailed 41.7 million people about Bitcoin and why he believes in it!  That is bullish!  (It is the Wired article that came out a while ago about him.  It is a good article BTW.)

http://www.overstock.com/80786/static.html?ehid=EF916438FE97B21EE040010A249C4B4A
elebit

Activity: 441

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:02:22 PM

I wonder if 645 is the new 825, we reach it several times, and every time we reach it, there is "CCMF", trains, and rockets, but then eventually we fall again...

The fall to 820 was on lower volume. There sell volume has been quite large in the 600s. When do you expect that money to buy back in? Are they cool enough to wait for the 500s? I'm not so sure.
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:03:18 PM

Log scale downtrend. I'm such an ass...
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:06:34 PM

[snip]
I am NOT opposed to change, and I am NOT opposed to lessening government or getting rid of it, in the event that better systems can be established.  Bitcoin can certainly assist in the direction of providing freedom to greater numbers of people and transparency to monetary and/or other transactional systems. 

This is nice to hear and I assure you I am trying to understand your position and have a good debate.

What bothers me now is your reaction to the idea of "taxation = theft". When this was mentioned you went into a rather angry tirade stating over and over again, that this concept is so ridiculous, that it shouldn't even be taken seriously, but nowhere have I seen you actually explain why. I think this is a hint to why we differ, even though I could put my signature below your quote up there. It seems that to you government = society (or a meaningful representation thereof). Which, incidentally to me represents a concept so absurd and obviously untrue, that it shouldn't even be taken seriously. I won't explain why, though. If queried, I will repeat again how ridiculous it is Wink

Yes, if the topic of this thread concerned the role of government in society or some discussion such as that (or how to transform to a government society), then I would be more than willing to engage in such discussion, if I had the stomache to be involved in such a thread.

Surely, a variety of topics may come up in a thread, and the discussion of such topics spiral much further away from the thread.  Here, I believe that I have sufficiently explained my concerns about attempts to equate theft with the government as being inadequate at best and silly at worst....

Likely, the topic of taxation or the role of government may come up again, and we can discuss further at that time.  Why do we need to belabor points that clearly have been adequately addressed?  and if we either do NOT understand each others points or we do NOT agree, then we can still move on b/c I feel that I am just repeating myself, and I do NOT feel that I have any obligation to explain my position any further than I already have explained.

I think that on the face of the matter, your bare assertion that situation 1 and 2 are substantially similar is  illogical,  incomprehensible and unworthy or serious discussion...  Even though the two situations may appear to be similar, they are NOT.. which should be obvious and clear on the face.  I think that i adequately explained this over and over and in sufficient detail without having to have the need to elaborate about the obvious, and I do NOT see the point of continuing such a silly-ass discussions if some people continue to think and to argue that taxes and thievery are the same things.... b/c posters like this are living in a sort of parallel reality of LaLa land and a simplistic world to be making such basic assertions to attempt to equate situations that are clearly NOT the same.... even though they "feel the same."  

And this after you put taxation and theft side by side and basically described them in the same words? I am inclined to believe now that you are trolling in some sophisticated manner, otherwise this huge overreaction would seem to me to be the defense mechanism of a very dearly held dogma.

You can believe that I am trolling all that you want, but such beliefs are ill founded.  I provided explanations for my various assertions, and the fact that you don't agree with my assertions or you do NOT understand my points does NOT a troll make. 

Yes, I recognize that in the bitcoin community there are a lot of people who are hostile to the concept of government and hostile to the idea of taxation.  I am of the belief that it is pie in the sky for people to believe that in the short term bitcoin is going to allow for major transformations in these regards to either get rid of government or to get rid of taxation.  However, I do recognize that bitcoin has a lot of potential to transform society in a lot of meaningful ways, including but NOT limited to transforming government, taxation, individual liberties and transparency.

Pages: « 1 ... 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 [5205] 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 5227 5228 5229 5230 5231 5232 5233 5234 5235 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 ... 33316 »
  Print  

Jump to: