April 26, 2024, 09:32:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28574 28575 28576 28577 28578 28579 28580 28581 28582 28583 28584 28585 28586 28587 28588 28589 28590 28591 28592 28593 28594 28595 28596 28597 28598 28599 28600 28601 28602 28603 28604 28605 28606 28607 28608 28609 28610 28611 28612 28613 28614 28615 28616 28617 28618 28619 28620 28621 28622 28623 [28624] 28625 28626 28627 28628 28629 28630 28631 28632 28633 28634 28635 28636 28637 28638 28639 28640 28641 28642 28643 28644 28645 28646 28647 28648 28649 28650 28651 28652 28653 28654 28655 28656 28657 28658 28659 28660 28661 28662 28663 28664 28665 28666 28667 28668 28669 28670 28671 28672 28673 28674 ... 33303 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 05:41:17 PM

Double dip ! Buying or waiting, difficult choice. I bought a little.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikenz

Activity: 215
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 05:44:02 PM

The governments of the world can't stand it that a white hat hacker that believes oil/gas is

evil hacks a pipeline then  opens  a BTC wallet to take in 100 coins and then simply give the money to a charity.

not plausible. Charity organisations, as everyone else, are not allowed to just keep stolen funds neither its theirs.
Philipma1957cellphone

Activity: 416
Merit: 125

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 05:44:41 PM

^^
This is nothing new to Musk as he had been probed by the DOJ before in Tesla and now by the SEC:

... it's illegal for US citizens/entities to use Binance, that would be 'new' for Elons-got-fleas

He may have been using binancs.us
Philipma1957cellphone

Activity: 416
Merit: 125

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 05:46:58 PM

The governments of the world can't stand it that a white hat hacker that believes oil/gas is

evil hacks a pipeline then  opens  a BTC wallet to take in 100 coins and then simply give the money to a charity.

not plausible. Charity organisations, as everyone else, are not allowed to just keep stolen funds neither its theirs.

Not if the charity is in North Korea
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16557

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2021, 05:59:49 PM

I actually "care" about Musk and Buffett, not so much JP Morgan, but then JP Morgan is a bank. Buffet,  I'm concerned as I think he and Munger will die without owning any bitcoin, but that's okay. I just hope they eventually understand it and not be so negative.
As I read recently: "You don't go to your grandpa's grandpa for tech advice!"
(I don't remember the source)
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12006

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 06:01:41 PM

I can only hope for those not buying the dip or waiting ... to end up with less btc or higher priced btc’s ...

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 06:05:39 PM

Yes ETH is a centralized shitcoin and a mess in so many ways, but nobody seems to care about that. The attitude is "well they'll solve all those problems with future updates". Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Either way I don't think it matters. ETH has their network effect, just like BTC does, there will be no ETH killer, but with all the extra shit that is flooding their network as time goes on, how could it not beat BTC, the digital gold that everyone just hodls but doesn't do much else with.

I won't be investing in it, but also don't want to be disappointed when (if) it does unseat BTC. I don't think it will be able to take BTC place this cycle either, but next on, maybe.

If you think that a centralized mess of a shitcoin with a 90M pre-mine and currently $50-500 transaction fees will ever "overtake" BTC, then you are delusional. And POS will be a big fail.

It does make you wonder where the term "smart money" comes from?
Doesn't seem that smart to me.

You are correct, machasm.

Many of us likely realize that "smart money" does end up proven to be "not very smart" after many years, but on a contemporary basis, we surely might NOT be able to accurately assess which money happens to be smarter than other money, even if we might have some decent suspicions but the evidence is not always going to be unambiguous to conclude which is which.

Isn't it a Chinese exchange run offshore.

Edit: from the wiki

Binance was founded by Changpeng Zhao, a developer who had previously created high frequency trading software. Binance was initially based in China, but later moved out of China due to China's increasing regulation of cryptocurrency.

These guys are as dodgy as Bitmex, remember when the SEC got onto them and the Barts ceased and then the BTC price went up and never looked back. Binance has taken over their role I suspect. It makes you wonder if these exchanges get pressured by certain authorities to use there opaqueness to prevent BTC growth.

Takes tin foil hat off.

I sometimes wonder why supposedly long-termers like you, somac, get so delusional about exchanges or entities that are trying to avoid various kinds of governmental oversight and then to suggest that they are either conspiring with governments or that they are fucking over the bitcoin because they are manipulating it too much through their attempts at wild, wild west operations.

Sure, maybe we don't really disagree in the end about a certain need for standards, but still some of these seemingly cheering on of government crackdowns or overly attempting to describe the exchanges with wild, wild west as the villians seems to be just confusing matters rather than really attempting to accept a certain amount of the wild wild west dynamics that are likely existing with these various systems including overly jumping on the bashing of the exchanges that attempt to operate outside of some of the ongoing jurisdictional overreaching dynamics that we get from certain countries, too.

Kind of reminds me about how anti-bitfinex so many folks were in 2016, especially around the time of their supposed hackening in about August, and sure some of the bitfinex story does not really add up either, but sometimes the conspiracy theories including the bashing on USDT get carried to similar extremes that seem to be likely assuming way more bad faith from the entities that are actually having quite a few troubles attempting to operate without getting beat up by governmental overreach, and sure even BTC-E that tried for quite a long time to continue to operate without falling into any jurisdiction (kind of like bitcoin itself) got accused of a lot of insider corruption matters that may or may not be true and at the same time quite a few users of their system were not able to get their coins back, and may well not have been caused by the actual operators - but really been a result of various governmental overreach and some of the users who end up losing their coins (yours truly included) are not really going to end up knowing the full story but many of us should be somewhat skeptical of some of the sources that seem to presume that the exchange operators were evil, corrupt, manipulators, greedy, blah blah blah.. rather than trying to actually contributing to the bitcoin community (while profiting and sometimes getting involved in shitcoins along the way too.. which is not illegal either, even though some of us might choose not to get involved in shitcoins or to operate businesses that allow leverage, but still there are varying ways to operate businesses, without presuming evilness to such operators without having enough information or likely even agreeing too much with some of the FUD spin).
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1274
Merit: 704

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 06:07:24 PM
Merited by Paashaas (1), fillippone (1)

Europe is moving out of lockdown, i can jump for joy and hugging everybody.

It feels like a ton falling of my shoulder, what a relief!

Gym's, museums, libraries, theme parks, terraces, hookers and tourism will re-open!

El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 06:20:56 PM
Merited by Hueristic (5)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5337266.0

Hope a true WO to win Cheesy
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 06:30:51 PM

Hooray!!!
Back again  Grin
On the birthday of one of my children, by the way Smiley
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 06:31:46 PM

Hooray!!!
Back again  Grin
On the birthday of one of my children, by the way Smiley

Summer start and iconic nr 21... Leggo...
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 06:34:36 PM

El duderino's games are the hottest spice in the WO.
Thank you dude!
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 06:36:42 PM

I started with body weight exercises, but not to a degree they became effective, because tendons and joins started to hurt before i even got sweating or muscle burns.
Got into planking "by accident" and stuck a while to it, until i was able to do callistenics (sort of). Still doing a daily plank set, which is minimum work to keep my supporting muscles fit. Yeah, and the skateboarding would leave me with much more ankle, back and knee pains without it, too.
All the skateboarders of my age that i know (not even a handful any more) are lamenting about back and knee pains. I rarely do have em, but bruises start to take quite long to heal already. What in aging doesn't suck, though?  Roll Eyes

Ahhh.... I don't think you're that much older than me or the other senior citizens.. I can show you a video on youtube of a 91 year old woman doing weighted barbell exercises. So that's good motivation if you can't do it. She's also a "normal" person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3585w9FmOGs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6GHHzIByOk

I'm biased towards barbells, but those are some inspiring people. They'll die within 10 years, but they'll be strong and not complain of back and knee pains until then.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 06:40:36 PM

They will keep printing, and announce YCC to the world and act like they are saving markets from out of control inflation. But it'll keep rising, especially in assets.

The billionaire talking heads will keep spouting "market bubble" and "potential selloff", all the while continuing to buy buy buy the stock market. It'll keep hitting ATH after ATH.

Is the problem money is being printed or demand+debt is at insane levels. Everyone coming out of this pandemic wants a new house, horse, and hooker so I would expect the prices for these (limited, although onlyfans will supply an endless stream of hookers) assets would rise regardless of current monetary supply.

The real fun comes if people can tap debt once again to bid up the prices of goods. Then we have 2004-2008 all over again where those of us with money are constantly outbid by people who are using debt to mortgage their houses, cars, souls, kids, and whatnot. Bad financial choices wind up driving out the good.

I largely agree with you lightfoot, but your last sentence summary causes you to come off as more pessimistic than necessary.

Many of us longer term bitcoiners recognize and appreciate that Gresham's law is an actual dynamic that causes value to ultimately flow into the products, goods, services, assets that are the most valuable including a certain amount of gravitation towards assets that are going to retain value with the passage of time - even though many of us do need to regularly consume, if we have ways to structure our own situations that it is feasible to defer some of our gratification, many of us are going to recognize the value of bitcoin and even start to direct portions of our value storage into bitcoin and such ongoing cascading effects are likely to be measurable in very revolutionary wealth transferring kinds of ways, even if a bit more difficult to measure in the shorter term or even on the individual level.. because there are going to continue to be a lot of normies and regular joe blows who do not "get it" and some normie peeps just have a lot of trouble employing delayed gratification, even if it would be to their advantage to do so.. even in very small amounts.. they cannot do it, and many of our systems have provided short term rewards to them for not employing deferred gratification and they might not end up realizing the degree of their fuck up until it is either too late to reverse it or they just cannot bring their lil selfies out of their pattern of their behaviors even though on a logical level they realize that it would be for their own good to attempt to employ greater amounts of deferred gratification.

What I wonder is why people don't just shift their loads to ETC. Same network with some integrity.

It's not the same. It doesn't have any of the subsequent hard forks or EIPs or something... I don't think UniSwap is on it, or if it is, the volume isn't there. While one can argue it is the original ethereum, not like bcash which is the fork of bitcoin, it's being treated (by the market) as the second one.

ETH is going to 10k, it's almost at 5k. Then we'll see it hit 20k in a year or two.

Like most everyone here, I am not directly buying any of it. But I'll continually sell my ETH to get moar BTC.

I will grant you that ETH may well go to $10k or $20k in the near future, yet any investment (if we can stretch our imaginations to consider ETH in such category) has to consider a variety of downside scenarios that cause it to be a very bad place to gamble, even if your goal might be to use it in a way to stack more BTC.

So, proclaiming that you are using ETH in order to be able to stack more BTC seems to be on quite pie in the sky speculation - even though I know that even my commenting on your intentions in terms of a piece of crap has some invitation to further talking about such nonsense here - instead of just moving the conversation to another thread in which people actually believe that there is any kind of need to have some of their value (that would likely be better placed in BTC) to be placed in gambling practices. 

By the way, I can somewhat "accept" that peeps should be allowed to gamble because they are going to do it anyhow, if they otherwise have their cashflow in order (including having their BTC stash in order) and the extra gambling is just a relatively small amount of their value, just for funzies.. so I can appreciate those kinds of approaches rather than talking about ETH and taking it seriously, even if many of us recognize and appreciate that there are a lot of dumb fucks in the world that are likely to cause ETH to pump the fuck beyond its value (like it already has done) and including our lil selfies into that system just seems like a big ass waste of time, except maybe if it is really small amounts of value and peeps already got their shit in order (which frequently peeps do not sufficiently got their shit in order to be playing around with crap like ethereum or any of the other scams that are connected to it - even while recognizing and accepting that it may well continue to pump).
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 07:00:17 PM

What, where we went from $250 down to $30 in April (May?  It's been a while)?  That seems unlikely.  I unlike it.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 07:00:18 PM

Gym's, museums, libraries, theme parks, terraces, hookers and tourism will re-open!

I guess that depends on how you define Europe, Sweden never had any lockdown to begin with, and I'm pretty sure we are in Europe.
But congratulations to you who have been locked up by your own governments and can now roam somewhat free again.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 07:09:43 PM

I started with body weight exercises, but not to a degree they became effective, because tendons and joins started to hurt before i even got sweating or muscle burns.
Got into planking "by accident" and stuck a while to it, until i was able to do callistenics (sort of). Still doing a daily plank set, which is minimum work to keep my supporting muscles fit. Yeah, and the skateboarding would leave me with much more ankle, back and knee pains without it, too.
All the skateboarders of my age that i know (not even a handful any more) are lamenting about back and knee pains. I rarely do have em, but bruises start to take quite long to heal already. What in aging doesn't suck, though?  Roll Eyes

Ahhh.... I don't think you're that much older than me or the other senior citizens.. I can show you a video on youtube of a 91 year old woman doing weighted barbell exercises. So that's good motivation if you can't do it. She's also a "normal" person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3585w9FmOGs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6GHHzIByOk

I'm biased towards barbells, but those are some inspiring people. They'll die within 10 years, but they'll be strong and not complain of back and knee pains until then.

Yeah, NOW i can, but i couldn't back then (from 2011 to no more than 4 years from now, actually). Body weight is still my preferred method, because i'm not that heavy and i can "adjust" weight by adjusting the angle to the gravitational axis. I just need something to hold on to, a pole, a branch of a tree, even a gate or fence will do.

On topic (Binance FUD debunked, by CZ):

https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/1392898786607828995
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 07:11:27 PM

elon only likes doge due to the transaction fee and ability to actually make transactions on chain in a minute without it costing a hours minimum wage of his chinese panasonic workers wage

i never touched or used dogecoin. but putting aside the memes. dogecoin has more utility than bitcoin these days
(this is coming from someone thats is devoted to bitcoin)

Oh gawd... how ridiculous can you be?

Yes, you can use a piece of shitcoin to transact in the short term, and if you can ongoingly keep such access to such coin for such back up purposes of transacting, then there may well be no problem with that.  Having options should not be anything that any of us would be consider to be a bad thing, so if there might be circumstances that if you want to buy something and doge coin happens to be the best way to accomplish that at that particular moment whether it is speed or fees or privacy or any other considerations, then nothing wrong with having that option if it exists, but still likely does not suggest that such system is better than bitcoin, even if it might have some short term measurements that might be better than bitcoin for a certain transaction or certain kinds of transactions at a specific point in time.

Anyhow, franky.. seems that your self-proclaimed assertion of "utility" is selective and misleading, and it even comes off as you don't even fucking understand what bitcoin is - after so many years of making a variety of posts in this forum, and maybe saying something smart every 1/100th of the time. (am I being too generous? nohomo)

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The guy is doing more for the acceleration of digital money (including legitimate cryptocurrencies) than most people.

I would agree with you, except for that small word "legitimate" ,... because what defines if a coin is legit or not. In my time (a few years ago), any coin that actually launched and had a network and had nodes, and eventually got a block explorer was "legit". Low value, or no value did not matter, a legit coin is ...

Shows that you still are failing and refusing to really recognize and appreciate what gives value to bitcoin and why every single coin out there is likely lacking in legitimacy, even if there might be some attributes that bitcoin can later take from them in terms of their having had served as a test bed to figure out what might either be able to be built upon bitcoin or pegged to it in some kind of way as a second, third, forth, fifth etc layer.

I mean, doge is legit that way, people just see it as a joke / meme.

Yes, you do have a confusing way of categorizing "legit" and hopefully some of your muddy thinking is neither hurting yourself or others in their attempts to find value in where you draw your categorical lines... and your willingness to grant benefit of the doubt to various shitcoins.

On the other hand, there are forks of forks and could be argued as legit, but we don't like them. I personally would not consider them "legit" but don't go about stating that openly. Not like we really need gigabyte blocks.

To me, it seems much safer to just categorize bitcoin as legit and various projects that are either built upon bitcoin or attempting to peg to bitcoin without printing their own token as legit, and consider the rest as not legitimate.

Sure there might be some areas in which such definition of "legit" might be somewhat ambiguous, but it surely does not seem that ethereum (or almost anything building upon it or even imitating it), dogecoin, or the various bcashes to be legit, even though we can surely learn from them and their various projects, so the fact that we end up learning from them or being able to take some of their systems into bitcoin or even maybe some of those projects might get pegged to bitcoin in the future, but it still does not seem to be a good practice to be suggesting them to be legit merely because bitcoin might have already been advantaged by some of their "innovations" or that they might be useful as learning tools in the future.

I am starting to feel dirty by talking about these pieces of shit so much in this thread.. sorry guys, but jesus fucking christ, why are supposed bitcoiners wanting to ongoingly present shitcoins in this thread and engaging in ongoing slippery-slope posting behaviors by suggesting that they are "legit" or that they have some kind of positive attributions (or contributions) in any way? .. fuck that.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 07:13:11 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Like most everyone here, I am not directly buying any of it. But I'll continually sell my ETH to get moar BTC.

I will grant you that ETH may well go to $10k or $20k in the near future, yet any investment (if we can stretch our imaginations to consider ETH in such category) has to consider a variety of downside scenarios that cause it to be a very bad place to gamble, even if your goal might be to use it in a way to stack more BTC.

So, proclaiming that you are using ETH in order to be able to stack more BTC seems to be on quite pie in the sky speculation ...

Let me clarify my position for you, so you understand. I am not buying ETH. I am selling it. How am I getting ETH? Well, a couple of ways right now, one is mining it, the other is staking a different token that generates another token, which in turn I swap on UniSwap for ETH, which in turn I exchange to either dollars or to BTC.

How did I get those other tokens, it was something I did about 3 years ago. That one was a gamble. Parts of it were payments for services rendered and it just happened to be in altcoins or some such, or tokens.

So, I keep getting ETH somehow, and I am continuously selling it for dollars or to get more BTC. I'm not even hodling the ETH that I get as every week or so I exchange it regardless of the price. It goes up, I get more dollars (or BTC), and if it goes down, I get less. So far I've been getting a little bit more since it's going up.

I need not explain exactly what it is I do as that is probably not interesting to most people here.

I am also working a normal job right now, just like some normal people. As far as everyone is concerned, the nocoiners and the other normies think I am just another normie, and I am fine with that.

I did not get any DOGE, or SHIBs even if I knew they were going up.. or ADA.. I could see or predict a few of them go up since last month, but ... yeah, it looked like a gamble to me.

I get it, you don't like ETH. I don't like it either. I sell it to get more dollars or BTC (usually dollars as then I get to spend it on stuff like paying my rent.) But I'm not throwing it away either or getting rid of my other tokens or alts.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 07:13:30 PM

I guess that depends on how you define Europe, Sweden never had any lockdown to begin with, and I'm pretty sure we are in Europe.
But congratulations to you who have been locked up by your own governments and can now roam somewhat free again.

Yes, but Sweden didn't need a lockdown, because most people behaved well, in accordance to WHO guidelines of expositions-prophylaxe.
Pages: « 1 ... 28574 28575 28576 28577 28578 28579 28580 28581 28582 28583 28584 28585 28586 28587 28588 28589 28590 28591 28592 28593 28594 28595 28596 28597 28598 28599 28600 28601 28602 28603 28604 28605 28606 28607 28608 28609 28610 28611 28612 28613 28614 28615 28616 28617 28618 28619 28620 28621 28622 28623 [28624] 28625 28626 28627 28628 28629 28630 28631 28632 28633 28634 28635 28636 28637 28638 28639 28640 28641 28642 28643 28644 28645 28646 28647 28648 28649 28650 28651 28652 28653 28654 28655 28656 28657 28658 28659 28660 28661 28662 28663 28664 28665 28666 28667 28668 28669 28670 28671 28672 28673 28674 ... 33303 »
  Print  

Jump to: