April 26, 2024, 09:51:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28722 28723 28724 28725 28726 28727 28728 28729 28730 28731 28732 28733 28734 28735 28736 28737 28738 28739 28740 28741 28742 28743 28744 28745 28746 28747 28748 28749 28750 28751 28752 28753 28754 28755 28756 28757 28758 28759 28760 28761 28762 28763 28764 28765 28766 28767 28768 28769 28770 28771 [28772] 28773 28774 28775 28776 28777 28778 28779 28780 28781 28782 28783 28784 28785 28786 28787 28788 28789 28790 28791 28792 28793 28794 28795 28796 28797 28798 28799 28800 28801 28802 28803 28804 28805 28806 28807 28808 28809 28810 28811 28812 28813 28814 28815 28816 28817 28818 28819 28820 28821 28822 ... 33303 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368382 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2049
Merit: 1184

Never selling

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 11:56:34 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Wow, mempool has emptied. All those groups still sending really high transactions fees though. Got to keep up bullshit image that bitcoin transactions are expensive.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 12:01:40 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 12:14:37 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2021, 12:24:52 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Where is ChartBuddy getting these charts from? I want to embed them on my site if they're made in an automated fashion.

Chartbuddy generates them himself. They're uploaded to imgur and I don't have any issue with their use elsewhere though you'd probably have to work out how to do that yourself.

I think I'll just scrape every post in this thread he wrote given that they're all charts anyway  Grin

I don't really claim to understand ChartBuddy exactly, but it does seem to be a unique product that summarizes bitcoin prices and volume that had been happening in the last hour on Bitstamp, so in that sense seems to show its own kind of unique view of what has been happening in bitcoinlandia.  

Even though Richy_T has shown a decent amount of ambivalence about whether to maintain and share such product within this thread, it does seem to be great place for such product - including that quite a few peeps can see it and consider perhaps if they might be able to either gets some interpretive use out of it - or to emulate such a product in some other space.. maybe make some variation of it?.  

Thank you Richy_T and your lil bot, too  (variation from Wizard of Oz)   Wink

I have a lot of idiot relatives and friends, maybe even all of them, so I cannot really stop talking to these kinds of people.  They are everywhere.

LOL, that gave me a good laugh! Cheesy

I think the Raylan Givens quote may be appropriately adjusted to match this case:

“You run into an idiot in the morning, you run into an idiot in the morning. You run into idiots all day; you're the idiot."

Hahahahaha

HEY!!!!!!!   Wait a minute..... I resemble that statement.

Tongue Tongue

By the way, part of the reason that I attempt to work with people who have quite differing views from me on a regular basis is that, through my years in this world, I have become much more accepting of the fact that the objective truth might not matter as much as I had previously thought that it did, and for sure, I don't even consider myself to have all the answers even though my opinions and perspectives have changed quite a bit through the years, and even when I consider what my younger self would have done or thought, I am not even sure if I can wrap my head around that hypothetical presentation of the matter because my younger self actually came into being under a different set of facts - and surely bitcoin is ONLY one of those different facts that are present now that my younger self may have well been unable to figure out, either how to navigate, and my younger self may well have gotten lured into shitcoins.. I am not sure.  I am not sure.  There are so many different facts in this world as compared to my younger self - whether we are talking 20 years ago or 30 years ago or some other randomly chosen timeline.. of course, the shorter the timeline of comparison from the now to the past, then the more difficult to appreciate (or recognize) differences because some changes are quite difficult to perceive on a shorter timeline, but become way greater and easier to notice on a much longer timeline.  So, sometimes when I am talking to someone that I am starting to speculate could be an idiot, I do attempt to wrap my head around their particular personal circumstances, and my memories of my younger self is one of the tools that I attempt to apply (without trying to be patronizing about it, unless necessary) - even though sometimes I even have a hard time figuring out what my younger self would do or how he would think in such hypothesized circumstances. 

By the way (II), it seems appropriate to add a meme, around here:

AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4138

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 12:25:40 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), bitcoinPsycho (1)

Document just submitted. It came out really nice, but fucked me up good during the last few days... Too much pressure... I'm surprised I still have all of my hair intact (for now).

It's so good being able to read WO properly again.

So, Arrie got himself a sparkling new laptop. That's good. But Windows 10 S? Did I read this correctly? WTF?

I like ChartBuddy. Not because of its content. I don't even care about its content. It's just fun to see it pop up every now and then. Like someone farting in the elevator sort of thing. It's just like a ping in the network, a keep-alive signal. Seeing that King Daddy is not doing this lately, ChartBuddy serves that purpose nicely.

I like JJG's issues with crypto sooooo much. Whenever I see someone mentioning the word (I just did), I know there will be a reaction. And Jay is right too. WTF is crypto anyways? This is a King Daddy thread and King Daddy has a name and that name is not fucking crypto. You fucks!

In a few days I'll be having my first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. The Pfizer variety. I know, 5G, Bill Gates, PlanDemic and all that shit. But I always liked to experiment with myself. I want this thing in me. Whatever happens, I'm a coiner, King Daddy will take care of me, I'm sure.

What a pointless post this is... But it's good to be back. The only thing left now is a mega-pump to ATH. That would take care of everything, even Arrie's crippled new laptop!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 12:58:37 PM

besides we all know the hardcore bitcoiner would chose to die with their bitcoins instead of buying shite with them while their encrypted private keys is buried in their garden with a triple safe locks  Cheesy

hahahaha, you are fucktwat lucky enough.

I will concede, however, that is a funny point about some bitcoiners holding onto their bitcoin forever and ever, and sure, that does seem a wee bit retarded.. I will admit that.

It also seems a wee bit retarded that a nocoiner, like your dumbass lil selfie, could actually know about bitcoin and study it but still admit to being 100% nocoiner.. what a fucking tool.. if we can even believe your supposed baloney position.... Anywhoo, a nocoiner who knows about bitcoin seems way more retarded than the coiner who refuses to spend any bitcoin.. for a variety of reasons.

I do believe that there are some coiners who proclaim that they are "never" going to spend any of their bitcoin, but they are likely pretty goddamned young to have that kind of a nonsense perspective... and surely if they already have a lot of non-bitcoin resources they can surely take that position and not even suffer, and gosh, I doubt even Michael Saylor really believes that when it comes to actually attempting to apply the matter of spending bitcoin in the real world including circumstances in which bitcoins might be the ONLY thing that is left for some people who may have ended up spending most of their other assets/currencies and even good will (such as credit).... I have already provided some pretty damned compelling scenarios (if I do say so myself) in which spending some bitcoin and shaving off some bitcoin seems to be the way more practical and prudent way forward... so yeah, it does seem to be a bit of an extreme to identify some bitcoiner extremists and maximalists who are going to die while gripping their bitcoins as a wee bit of an exaggeration... even though we do hear some spouting off such seemingly pie in the sky nonsense.

Don't get me wrong.  I surely agree with concepts of Metcalfe's law, and I am hardly even considering that we are going to get to a world in which bitcoin is the ONLY currency/asset or thing of value.. that is just not even theoretically feasible, yet  I do believe and understand that if any of us have a variety of options of what to spend, likely bitcoin is going to be pretty damned close to the lowest on that list (especially if we have other options), so sure we are going to be spending several of our inferior assets and currencies first, yet it makes little to no sense to give up some material goods just to refuse to spend a bitcoin (or a satoshi for that matter).

Who else? We know at least one person  Roll Eyes

I think that guy is proudhon....

i feel for this guy he was there at the right time and with only 50 dollars investment he would be pretty rich right now i mean 2.70 dollars lol

Any nocoiner who knows about bitcoin in the present is way more than that guy.  So you, lucky, don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

The person who chose to be a no coiner in 2011 gets a way BIGGER pass than the person who knows about bitcoin (expresses opinions about bitcoin) and chooses to be a no coiner today.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 01:01:28 PM

Explanation
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 01:49:53 PM

Document just submitted. It came out really nice, but fucked me up good during the last few days... Too much pressure... I'm surprised I still have all of my hair intact (for now).

So, Arrie got himself a sparkling new laptop. That's good. But Windows 10 S? Did I read this correctly? WTF?

I like ChartBuddy. Not because of its content. I don't even care about its content. It's just fun to see it pop up every now and then. Like someone farting in the elevator sort of thing. It's just like a ping in the network, a keep-alive signal. Seeing that King Daddy is not doing this lately, ChartBuddy serves that purpose nicely.

I like JJG's issues with crypto sooooo much. Whenever I see someone mentioning the word (I just did), I know there will be a reaction. And Jay is right too. WTF is crypto anyways? This is a King Daddy thread and King Daddy has a name and that name is not fucking crypto. You fucks!

In a few days I'll be having my first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. The Pfizer variety. I know, 5G, Bill Gates, PlanDemic and all that shit. But I always liked to experiment with myself. I want this thing in me. Whatever happens, I'm a coiner, King Daddy will take care of me, I'm sure.

What a pointless post this is... But it's good to be back. The only thing left now is a mega-pump to ATH. That would take care of everything, even Arrie's crippled new laptop!

Good to see you came out of the experience alive.
I had no idea there was such a thing as a win 10S. I just bought a laptop that was on sale and didn't think anything of it, until I tried to install Chitubox. Now I'm well aware of it's existence. I will bring it over to my brothers and use his wifi to finish the setup and remove the S. I have used the time to look at Youtube tutorials, I am now, in theory, very good at modding and using my printer. If everything goes as planned we will do the first print this weekend. I found something called the "photon file validator"  that seems to make really good support for LCD printers. According to the internet chitubox's autosupport isn't that good.

Good to have you back sir!
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 02:01:26 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 02:06:15 PM

It's just like a ping in the network, a keep-alive signal. Seeing that King Daddy is not doing this lately.......

I hate to be someone who just wants to tolerate anything - even a 53% correction during a bull market, but jeez AlcoHoDL, I am having trouble considering negativities in our current BTC price situation.  It's like we are in a kind of BTC price consolidation area that everyone would wish for, but they had not known that they had been wishing for this.

Think about it.  There are so many damned peeps who had been wishing for consolidation while bitcoin prices were less than 15% from the top of the price range... How the fuck is that going to happen?  Just seems to be pie in the sky to be wishing for BTC price consolidation way the fuck at the top of the price range.  Sure anything can happen, but don't many of us realize (and recognize) by now that we should not be wishing and hoping for fantasylandia scenarios that are NOT likely to happen because in the end, we are just wishing for our own disappointment to have created such high expectations.

Think about another angle.  Historically there are quite a few instances in which during a bitcoin bull market, bitcoin prices had corrected to somewhere between 20% and 40% and then got stuck consolidating at some lesser point, but still within striking range of such bottom correction point.  For some reason, there were a lot of folks interpreting these historical facts in such a way to assert that bitcoin does not correct more than 30% in a bull market and that 30% would be an extreme and likely merely a spike blah blah blah..... almost pure nonsense, just like the supercycle assertions that might have some truths within them, but still in the end, to prematurely proclaim bitcoin has graduated from volatility should seem quite nutso, even though some folks are still making such proclamations in spite of facts and even suggesting that this may be the last time ever that we have 50% corrections during a bull market blah blah blah.

In some sense, the bitcoin space deserves this level of punishment and even more for being such presumptuous twats - and yeah, I even hate to tie shitcoins into this, but there continue to be a lot of them that seem to continue to have a lot of pep in their step - especially when measuring dollar performance.. but even some of them in terms of their shitcoin/BTC pair.. so what can be done?  I just don't know.  There seems to be some forces that might want to punish all of us for such levels of dumb, and surely I am not even going to suggest that I know where the matter might be going in the short to medium term, and whether it takes 10 years, 20 years, 150 years or some other variant for the vast majority of value to gravitate into bitcoin, we are never going to completely get rid of the various kinds of dumb that is all over the place in the various snake oil products - and sure maybe there might even be some actually decent ones too. so not even saying that everyone is dumb because there are surely a lot of sophisticated products in the shitcoin space, so even though they might be designed to remove dumber folks from their money, they cannot be dismissed as NOT being innovative and creative in those various regards, including so many folks love the gamification of having their value removed from them - and surely some people are getting rich off of such variety of real world offerings.

In the whole scheme of things, I am just having troubles concluding that bitcoin is not continuing to be in a pretty damned decent place, given the various chaoses in the world and what is having to be dealt with.  Whether 53% is the bottom of this correction or not, I hardly even have a clue beyond 50/50.. and surely I would feel a wee bit more distanced from such bottom target once we get to $46k and even better if we get above $50k which could take 12 hours to accomplish, more than 12 months or some variant in between.. who knows?  I have some inclinations towards UPpity.. but I like to attempt to accept some of the realities of forces that could really get us to another bottom and a lower bottom, but I just remain lacking in knowledge in terms of whether they are ready, willing and able to actually spend such resources to accomplish their objective of getting a new bottom that might NOT be much more than transitory, anyhow, and it may well cost them way more to achieve that than the benefits that they would receive from such accomplishment if they were to achieve it.

hahahaha

There are some posters here who have actually claimed that they are had engaged in a kind of Freudian slip in their use of "crypto" and they just cannot help using "crypto" in their reference to bitcoin because it is "used so much in mainstream" blah blah blah...

That's about as ridiculous as you can get.  It's like saying: "I refuse to think for myself because no one else is doing it."  hahahahaha  what kind of world would we have if people actually could not figure out how to attempt to improve their understanding or presentation of ideas.  Of course, we do not need to agree.. on a variety of matters, and even sometimes our perspectives will change too...    but hopefully, we are going to be able to use specific words instead of just saying.. "have you heard of this new thing?"  "It's called blockchain."  Its really innovative... blah blah blah.. .hardly means shit, if you cannot distinguish bitcoin and you just lump it in there and no one knows what the fuck you are talking about when you refer to blockchain blah blah blah.. but all of a sudden we are supposed to understand what you are talking about when you say "crypto" just because you have seen it used so much out there in the supposed "real" world?

Been a strange year (year and a half, but who's counting?), for sure.

What a pointless post this is...

NOT!!!

#nohomo

But it's good to be back.

Nice to have a variety of perspectives, including peeps currently working on other projects... so yeah, sometimes other projects will take priority.

The only thing left now is a mega-pump to ATH.

May or may not happen... you already know that.. but whatever.   Wink

That would take care of everything, even Arrie's crippled new laptop!

True.

bitcoin fixes every lil thing-a-li.tm...  .. even caused me have joy in cleaning up my runny doggie's poop in dee house.. that little fuck.....  sure she (dee doggie) was trying to communicate with me, just prior to dee "accident".. but I was too much engaged in importance in typing my bitcoin-related post to understand what she was saying, exactly.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 02:15:09 PM

From reddit: "Crypto macabre"...featuring just bitcoin's journey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH5iixsI1KQ

The four horsemen is a great touch.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4457

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 02:16:10 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Torque (1), El duderino_ (1)

Good morning Bitcoinland. Been out of commission for a week and a half. First I was down for almost a week with gallstones, then I spent another half week catching up, including a trip up to the lake to assess needed roadwork, and dealing with a real estate issue in Mexico.

I'll be glad when this covid crap is done and I can get my gall bladder removed. As it is, we just bought the road allowance between 2 of our properties before it was sold to a stranger.

Meanwhile, we're still under $40k... currently $37540USD/$45292CAD (Bitcoinaverage).

Coiling, consolidating...

I don't really claim to understand ChartBuddy exactly, but it does seem to be a unique product that summarizes bitcoin prices and volume that had been happening in the last hour on Bitstamp, so in that sense seems to show its own kind of unique view of what has been happening in bitcoinlandia.

Chartbuddy isn't about prices and volume. It's about walls and order books. While price movements can be determined from where the bids and asks meet, using it to assess volumes is inaccurate as you can't tell which orders are executed and which are pulled.

This is why Chartbuddy is unique. There are lots of sites to track prices and volumes. I almost wish it didn't have the closing high bids and low asks displayed at the top. It makes it look too much like a price tracker.

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 02:39:28 PM

At one point, my cousin mentioned that the government probably invented bitcoin.. He said that he believes that the USA government has a motive in order to have an ever-present backdoor that just sits there but then when I pointed out quite a few reasons why his assertion is likely not to be true, he asserted that he agrees that his idea is a long shot, but still one that he believes and it motivates him to be quite skeptical of bitcoin as an investment that will hold its value.  

Is he an Idiot? This statement holds zero logic, if the Gov created it then they will not allow it to lose value and therefore not do what they want it to do so why does he think it will lose value. Those are diametrically opposed views, The guys a lost cause, don't waste your breath.

considering how easy it is to "follow the money" with bitcoin (some honeypots mixers etc notwithstanding) i would think a government agency would LOVE to trial something like this and see what bites.

sure NOW we know that chainanylitics can do pretty solid stuff de-obfuscating transactions (not always of course) but im sure a LOT of peeps got or will get some nasty visits from some polite government type folks with briefcases and search warrants and accompanied by some (generally not as polite) LEO backup who thought they could hide from anything incriminating left on on the blockchain (because hey pseudo anonymous!) and get away scott free.

although personally i think it went down as we mostly know; satoshi pulled together some existing tech, added a pile of brainpower and vision and combined it all into bitcoin.

The biggest argument (proof?) against the Govt creating Bitcoin: The Govt has never, and will never, create anything new, especially anything that would actually benefit humankind. Because they are literally a bunch of men and women children who are nothing more than reactionary idiots.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 02:43:19 PM

Notice how shitcoins cannot go up without Bitcoin going up.

Shitcoin beliebers don't realize that all shitcoin indexes are tied to Bitcoin. It's the way the algo bots trade, and there are a bizillion of them.

So shitcoins are going nowhere without Bitcoin pumping first.

Sorry shitcoiners. Also sorry J.P. Morgan. Good luck trying to ice skate uphill. Cry
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4138

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 02:48:06 PM

Good to see you came out of the experience alive.
I had no idea there was such a thing as a win 10S. I just bought a laptop that was on sale and didn't think anything of it, until I tried to install Chitubox. Now I'm well aware of it's existence. I will bring it over to my brothers and use his wifi to finish the setup and remove the S. I have used the time to look at Youtube tutorials, I am now, in theory, very good at modding and using my printer. If everything goes as planned we will do the first print this weekend. I found something called the "photon file validator"  that seems to make really good support for LCD printers. According to the internet chitubox's autosupport isn't that good.

Good to have you back sir!

Thanks.

It's good to be able to go from S to the non-S version. I know S is a safe, limited version, but was not aware that it can be converted to the normal Windows 10. The positive aspect of this, is that you're gaining experience in such issues, which is something that can come in handy in the future, especially for Windows users.

BTW, have you already bought a 3D printer? I must have missed some posts there... Is it a resin-based one? Which one? I've always wanted to get into resin 3D printing, mainly due to the fine detail it can achieve. Prices have gone down considerably, so it's almost risk-free to give it a try. I'm concerned about the mess in handling the resin. I hope it's easier that what I imagine.

Let us know how it performs. And be patient, 3D printing is still not quite the plug-and-play experience many expect it to be.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 03:01:35 PM

Explanation
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 03:20:20 PM

Observing 38 = dinosaur neck.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 03:30:57 PM

Crypto!  Tongue = That's a smiley with a tongue sticking out.
Gatorelf

Activity: 845
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 03:33:17 PM

Like to see dinosaur eyeball
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 03:38:10 PM

Observing 38 = dinosaur neck.

From $34k to $38k in a few days equals something approximating an ant's neck.

For example, something from $34k to $68k-ish in a few days would be coming a wee bit MOAR closer to the dinosaur neck concept.

Have you ever seen a dinosaur ant? 

#meneither
Gatorelf

Activity: 845
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 03:41:40 PM

an ant is a dinosaur  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 28722 28723 28724 28725 28726 28727 28728 28729 28730 28731 28732 28733 28734 28735 28736 28737 28738 28739 28740 28741 28742 28743 28744 28745 28746 28747 28748 28749 28750 28751 28752 28753 28754 28755 28756 28757 28758 28759 28760 28761 28762 28763 28764 28765 28766 28767 28768 28769 28770 28771 [28772] 28773 28774 28775 28776 28777 28778 28779 28780 28781 28782 28783 28784 28785 28786 28787 28788 28789 28790 28791 28792 28793 28794 28795 28796 28797 28798 28799 28800 28801 28802 28803 28804 28805 28806 28807 28808 28809 28810 28811 28812 28813 28814 28815 28816 28817 28818 28819 28820 28821 28822 ... 33303 »
  Print  

Jump to: