May 26, 2024, 12:30:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30090 30091 30092 30093 30094 30095 30096 30097 30098 30099 30100 30101 30102 30103 30104 30105 30106 30107 30108 30109 30110 30111 30112 30113 30114 30115 30116 30117 30118 30119 30120 30121 30122 30123 30124 30125 30126 30127 30128 30129 30130 30131 30132 30133 30134 30135 30136 30137 30138 30139 [30140] 30141 30142 30143 30144 30145 30146 30147 30148 30149 30150 30151 30152 30153 30154 30155 30156 30157 30158 30159 30160 30161 30162 30163 30164 30165 30166 30167 30168 30169 30170 30171 30172 30173 30174 30175 30176 30177 30178 30179 30180 30181 30182 30183 30184 30185 30186 30187 30188 30189 30190 ... 33383 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26390417 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1778

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 02:01:22 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10318

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 02:26:17 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (3)

But wait 'till you hear my flip side theory.  Hehe... It's a doozy.  

Next post.

We (perhaps royal) need that like we need another hole in the head.

Cry Cry Cry

cAPS: Flip side theory.

Shit!!!!!!

I'm too late.

This is not a new theory, but I have never taken it seriously until today.  But I also give it very little credence.  It's a wild ass crazy thing.

Central Banks have been rushing around trying to figure out how to make a digital currency for a decade now.  They are getting closer to a test that I would have thought possible.  But they are super far behind.  And you KNOW they know they are fucked.

What if... the most powerful central bank hired... uhh... I dunno, say the inventor of SHA256 to develop a viral, unbeatable new world currency that they would control to the extent it would be possible considering the fact that one reason that it would be viral is that it is TRULY a decentralized system.  Or, even better the FED did NOT hire them, but instead it was launched by a secret (possibly even rogue) element in our intelligence world.

Say they just released it on the cypherpunks mailing list under some pseudonym Nakamoto, SAtoshi and did everything they could surreptitiously to help it catch on?  How would they control it, you ask?  Well they wouldn't once it was launched.  But they would be able to virtually "premine" more of it than anyone else.  And then someday after it gained worldwide traction and the price of it stabilized they could come clean (or not?  I am not sure about this part) and  introduce a plan to monetize the USGvmt with the Satoshi coins?

Sorry to interrupt you in the midst of your seemingly detached fantasy - but it seems to me that several of the fall outs of the 2017 forkening attempts and the various subsequent failures have already negated the possibility of any supposed decentralized coin to displace bitcoin - absent a clear an unequivocal 10x plus improvement over bitcoin, and surely what you describe is not even close to having a chance.

By the way, what you wrote kinds of reminds me of several of the conspiracy theories regarding what bitcoin "really is", which there are pretty decently sized contingencies that presume that the USGovt or various status quo TPTB have backdoors into bitcoin - so surely you seem to be describing one way to overcome bitcoin is to have a back door into it.  

At another time, you had mentioned that you thought that pumping Ethereum's success could be another kind of backdoor way to conquer bitcoin.. which seems to be a more convincing angle than anything that you have so far presented today in your part 1 and part 2 attacks of these undermining bitcoin questions.

Don't get me wrong.  I am not even asserting that some of these might not be tried or that they may already be in the process of being tried.. USGovt siding with faketoshi for example could be one of them.. but still, there is no real evidence that anything they are doing so far is even close to successful and part of the reason that some of us (inckluding yours truly) have been considering bitcoin to have been and likely to continue to be successful way beyond our even most wild of our imaginations of bullish scenarios.

This would be the perfect way to launch the worlds dominant CDBC.  And ahead of all the competition.  And it would be done in a way that would be both a gift to the world, and a great benefit to the creating country.

Ok.. this part is a bit better.

How would this government act during the first 20 years of it's existence?  Well they would act disinterested.  They would slow play their hand.  They would act like they did not really SEE the risk.  And most of them would not know because it would be ultra-argon-xoomax Top Secret.  They would not make it illegal... and they would wait on OTHER COUNTRIES, perhaps even their enemies to take it up first and embed their economies with it.  Some of them would bitch and scream, but over all they would just go on printing dollars like usual.  Well more than usual.  They would be printing them faster and faster.  They saw this coming too after all.

Then after Russia, and perhaps China, and some other economies adopt it... after it is safe to do so, they could begin to pull the curtain back, and though this might cause all kinds of temporary instability the game theory here works itself out pretty fast as well.

*Sigh*.  I can only wish that the US government, or ANY of them for that matter was wise enough to think up a thing like this...

But the result will end up the same no matter what.  This monetary avalanche is well underway and unstoppable at this point.  There will be winners and losers, of course, but it will not be stopped.  At least I do not think so.

Well, at least you come to the right punchline conclusion, and I am not even disagreeing with the idea that they are trying things and they have "things up their sleeves."  At least we are in agreement that they are too little too late, even though you want to speculate regarding ways they might be working on supposed projects.

Anyway... I said it was crazy and do not claim it to be original... I mean I have never read anyone else really try to flesh it out, but I know people have theorized it.)  But all the things that have happened?  They can actually fit a theory like this fairly well...  lol.  An obviously I have Americentricized this.  It could be many other world powers that did it...

I agree with this part too.. .Various countries and status quo institutions are trying various things.... and that is likely to continue as ongoing and perhaps as severe as they can get away with from time to time.. even while they are getting called out and having to back down at various times when they are found out.

[edited out]

Dude they already did it BTC is the name of it. Grin

Exactly!!!   That's the already existing theory.  You beat me to it philip.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 02:38:51 AM
Merited by Copetech (1)

Next post.

Cry Cry Cry

Shit!!!!!!

I'm too late.

This is not a new theory, but I have never taken it seriously until today.  But I also give it very little credence.  It's a wild ass crazy thing.

Central Banks have been rushing around trying to figure out how to make a digital currency for a decade now.  They are getting closer to a test that I would have thought possible.  But they are super far behind.  And you KNOW they know they are fucked.

What if... the most powerful central bank hired... uhh... I dunno, say the inventor of SHA256 to develop a viral, unbeatable new world currency that they would control to the extent it would be possible considering the fact that one reason that it would be viral is that it is TRULY a decentralized system.  Or, even better the FED did NOT hire them, but instead it was launched by a secret (possibly even rogue) element in our intelligence world.

Say they just released it on the cypherpunks mailing list under some pseudonym Nakamoto, SAtoshi and did everything they could surreptitiously to help it catch on?  How would they control it, you ask?  Well they wouldn't once it was launched.  But they would be able to virtually "premine" more of it than anyone else.  And then someday after it gained worldwide traction and the price of it stabilized they could come clean (or not?  I am not sure about this part) and  introduce a plan to monetize the USGvmt with the Satoshi coins?

Sorry to interrupt you in the midst of your seemingly detached fantasy - but it seems to me that several of the fall outs of the 2017 forkening attempts and the various subsequent failures have already negated the possibility of any supposed decentralized coin to displace bitcoin - absent a clear an unequivocal 10x plus improvement over bitcoin, and surely what you describe is not even close to having a chance.

By the way, what you wrote kinds of reminds me of several of the conspiracy theories regarding what bitcoin "really is", which there are pretty decently sized contingencies that presume that the USGovt or various status quo TPTB have backdoors into bitcoin - so surely you seem to be describing one way to overcome bitcoin is to have a back door into it.  

At another time, you had mentioned that you thought that pumping Ethereum's success could be another kind of backdoor way to conquer bitcoin.. which seems to be a more convincing angle than anything that you have so far presented today in your part 1 and part 2 attacks of these undermining bitcoin questions.

Don't get me wrong.  I am not even asserting that some of these might not be tried or that they may already be in the process of being tried.. USGovt siding with faketoshi for example could be one of them.. but still, there is no real evidence that anything they are doing so far is even close to successful and part of the reason that some of us (inckluding yours truly) have been considering bitcoin to have been and likely to continue to be successful way beyond our even most wild of our imaginations of bullish scenarios.

This would be the perfect way to launch the worlds dominant CDBC.  And ahead of all the competition.  And it would be done in a way that would be both a gift to the world, and a great benefit to the creating country.

How would this government act during the first 20 years of it's existence?  Well they would act disinterested.  They would slow play their hand.  They would act like they did not really SEE the risk.  And most of them would not know because it would be ultra-argon-xoomax Top Secret.  They would not make it illegal... and they would wait on OTHER COUNTRIES, perhaps even their enemies to take it up first and embed their economies with it.  Some of them would bitch and scream, but over all they would just go on printing dollars like usual.  Well more than usual.  They would be printing them faster and faster.  They saw this coming too after all.

Then after Russia, and perhaps China, and some other economies adopt it... after it is safe to do so, they could begin to pull the curtain back, and though this might cause all kinds of temporary instability the game theory here works itself out pretty fast as well.

*Sigh*.  I can only wish that the US government, or ANY of them for that matter was wise enough to think up a thing like this...

But the result will end up the same no matter what.  This monetary avalanche is well underway and unstoppable at this point.  There will be winners and losers, of course, but it will not be stopped.  At least I do not think so.

Well, at least you come to the right punchline conclusion, and I am not even disagreeing with the idea that they are trying things and they have "things up their sleeves."  At least we are in agreement that they are too little too late, even though you want to speculate regarding ways they might be working on supposed projects.

Anyway... I said it was crazy and do not claim it to be original... I mean I have never read anyone else really try to flesh it out, but I know people have theorized it.)  But all the things that have happened?  They can actually fit a theory like this fairly well...  lol.  An obviously I have Americentricized this.  It could be many other world powers that did it...

I agree with this part too.. .Various countries and status quo institutions are trying various things.... and that is likely to continue as ongoing and perhaps as severe as they can get away with from time to time.. even while they are getting called out and having to back down at various times when they are found out.

[edited out]

Well, I evidently did the worst job ever presenting my case, because that is precisely what I was saying!
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 03:01:37 AM

Explanation
Copetech

Activity: 370
Merit: 451

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 03:04:18 AM

Next post.

Cry Cry Cry

Shit!!!!!!

I'm too late.

[edited out]

Well, I evidently did the worst job ever presenting my case, because that is precisely what I was saying!

For the record, I was right there with you and smirked at Phil's :facepalm response... Then when J1G joined in I started to rebut, but, but you beat me to it.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 4371

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 03:11:15 AM

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 04:01:21 AM

Explanation
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3919

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 04:54:31 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (4)

Good Lord, almighty.  We do live in a damned simulation.  Nothing else makes any sense.

https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/1491435447423496194?s=20&t=Ow1eFbUkG4908SfgxGYQ1w

Message to N. Taleb: why we needed to know that? TMI
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 04:59:35 AM

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they are vaccinated and thus the impact will be minimal. If not then hopefully the hospitals in your neighborhood are past the peak admissions from January.
Yes, but I’m not vaccinated, because until now it seemed to me that this was just a convention ...

As a heavy smoker, I have severe shortness of breath in the mornings and evenings .... so for the most part I worry that my already deplorable lung condition will get worse (although I have not yet taken a test). No matter how stupid it may sound, my subconscious will feel better if it does not know about the diagnosis and will position the current state as a common cold, (although I admit I feel inner anxiety).

Get well soon!
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 05:01:21 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 06:01:28 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 07:01:22 AM

Explanation
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 07:20:59 AM

Jesus Christ WHO has not had covid???

Besides JJG, bots don't get covid...yet!

I think we've all had it by now, I guess it meets the definition of a pandemic.

it was fake  Shocked  wake up
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 08:01:21 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 09:01:26 AM

Explanation
eXPHorizon

Activity: 1190
Merit: 132

Precision Beats Power and Timing Beats Speed.

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 09:22:10 AM
Merited by bitmover (1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB5aXPgZ61s

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 10:01:21 AM

Explanation
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2148

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 10:30:10 AM

I predict the next Chartbuddy to be............ $46123
Krubster

Activity: 355
Merit: 717

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 10:36:02 AM

I got my Raspberry Pi delivered today. I'm still waiting for a few more parts before I can assemble it and set up my very own LN node. Hopefully I'll get the rest of the parts before the weekend.

I've spent the past few days reading guides and watching various tutorials about the lightning network. I'm very eager to get this thing up and running.

Awesome!.. Will have a 5Msat channel waiting for you as well!

Thanks! Once I have all the parts I guess it will take a few more days to sync the blockchain. I will let you know when the node is up and running.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 11:01:22 AM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 30090 30091 30092 30093 30094 30095 30096 30097 30098 30099 30100 30101 30102 30103 30104 30105 30106 30107 30108 30109 30110 30111 30112 30113 30114 30115 30116 30117 30118 30119 30120 30121 30122 30123 30124 30125 30126 30127 30128 30129 30130 30131 30132 30133 30134 30135 30136 30137 30138 30139 [30140] 30141 30142 30143 30144 30145 30146 30147 30148 30149 30150 30151 30152 30153 30154 30155 30156 30157 30158 30159 30160 30161 30162 30163 30164 30165 30166 30167 30168 30169 30170 30171 30172 30173 30174 30175 30176 30177 30178 30179 30180 30181 30182 30183 30184 30185 30186 30187 30188 30189 30190 ... 33383 »
  Print  

Jump to: