June 25, 2024, 01:41:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 7628 7629 7630 7631 7632 7633 7634 7635 7636 7637 7638 7639 7640 7641 7642 7643 7644 7645 7646 7647 7648 7649 7650 7651 7652 7653 7654 7655 7656 7657 7658 7659 7660 7661 7662 7663 7664 7665 7666 7667 7668 7669 7670 7671 7672 7673 7674 7675 7676 7677 [7678] 7679 7680 7681 7682 7683 7684 7685 7686 7687 7688 7689 7690 7691 7692 7693 7694 7695 7696 7697 7698 7699 7700 7701 7702 7703 7704 7705 7706 7707 7708 7709 7710 7711 7712 7713 7714 7715 7716 7717 7718 7719 7720 7721 7722 7723 7724 7725 7726 7727 7728 ... 33481 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26406484 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10436

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:18:54 PM

Doesn't matter, I'm selling now. Time to get out fellas.

Bye, Bye!!!!
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:21:12 PM

@mmitech Haven´t you wrote 2-3 days ago that your sentiment changed bullish when we were around 595$, However it seem that you have deleted that post now, lol.
Are you possibly the personification of ShroomsKits fictional trader alter ego?

I didn't delete that post, and yes a week ago I said that it is looking bullish, I've changed my mind and lost $5K for not selling at the time.

Nothing wrong with doing incorrect predictions, but please stop running around saying i have always been right since February with all of my predictions (e.g. LTC...).
That makes you look like, well as someone else stated, an imbecile.
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:27:47 PM

This has to be the weakest bull trap I've ever seen. It will break soon followed by several more weeks of sideways down trending. TERA tried to tell you all this but you drove her away for having a "contrarian" opinion.

You're so right, man!  My bitcoin that was worth $588 yesterday is only worth $570 today!!!  What a devastating crash, a btc crash to end all crashes!!

(In. case. you. can't. tell. that. was. mega. sarcasm.)

And it was worth $600 a couple weeks ago and worth $630 a week before that and $680 only a couple months ago. You're welcome to keep holding if you'd like, but smart people are reducing their exposure right now.

...and $450 three months ago. Forgotten that?  Grin
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:29:35 PM

@mmitech Haven´t you wrote 2-3 days ago that your sentiment changed bullish when we were around 595$, However it seem that you have deleted that post now, lol.

I didn't delete that post, and yes a week ago I said that it is looking bullish, I've changed my mind and lost $5K for not selling at the time.

Nothing wrong with doing incorrect predictions, but please stop running around saying i have always been right since February with all of my predictions (e.g. LTC...).
That makes you look like, well as someone else stated, an imbecile.

yea dont tread on our little fonzie's toe.  Shocked Tongue Cheesy
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:31:14 PM

This has to be the weakest bull trap I've ever seen. It will break soon followed by several more weeks of sideways down trending. TERA tried to tell you all this but you drove her away for having a "contrarian" opinion.

You're so right, man!  My bitcoin that was worth $588 yesterday is only worth $570 today!!!  What a devastating crash, a btc crash to end all crashes!!

And it was worth $600 a couple weeks ago and worth $630 a week before that and $680 only a couple months ago. You're welcome to keep holding if you'd like, but smart people are reducing their exposure right now.

...and $450 three months ago. Forgotten that?  Grin

Well, I think that represents where we're going again over the next few weeks. You need to remember that in May everyone was calling for the next huge rally in late July. There were graphs and TA everywhere calling it, and much of it looked quite convincing. All it took was a small spark to ignite that frenzy up to $680, but when nothing materialized, investors lost hope again.

What do we have to look forward to now? There are some half heartedly calling for a bubble in October or November, but I don't think they even really believe it. We're all just blindly hoping now, so I think a return to the April/May price levels (or lower) is just about inevitable now.
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:39:15 PM

Don't go bringing Jimmy Buffet quotes in here. He said himself to stay away from commodities.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Jimmy Buffet eh?

yeah this guy ....   Cheesy
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1d/Jimmy_Buffett_1.jpg[img]

Yes, that gentleman is a billionaire investor and he specifically said in an interview earlier this year to stay away from bitcoin.  Grin

That would be Warren?  Grin  what is it with you and names? first "sagon" and now "jimmy" where do you get this from ?  Grin

Also that ol dude is as slippery as an eel - talkin' his book

Kireinaha is a teenage troll. I mean come on, its obvious.

Everyone please stop feeding the teenage troll.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:40:03 PM

That is part of the reason that some people in this thread deem you as "retarded" b/c you cannot seem to differentiate concepts, and what makes it worse is that you fail to recognize your inability to differentiate concepts and then to insist upon your own inadequate view of the way that things work in the world.

sold some at $1060, $980 and $630 and the rest yesterday at $585  and I was right from February till today, I got one wrong call that Risto had right, but sure you can cry about me being a moron.... at least I try to analyze thing, you are just emotionally attached to your investments.

I do not know what emotions are

Yeah... your rendition above is ridiculous Mmitech... even your description of the facts is probably selective.. b/c likely you sold yesterday at $560-ish.. that's what you said yesterday during the "crash"... just sold...   

No one is jealous of you.. you can do what you like regarding your supposed BTC and/or alt trading and other purported investment(s)... However, your attempts to get others to follow your investment (trading) lead does become irritating... especially, since you have a very limited grasp on the ways of the world and various market dynamics and even seemingly screwed up religious limitations that supposedly restrict your ability to earn interest (which seems contradictory to your purported investing/trading in various monies), and it seems that you are merely lucky, if we could actually believe your after-the-fact rendition of what you supposedly had done.

Kupsi
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:42:29 PM

You're so right, man!  My bitcoin that was worth $588 yesterday is only worth $570 today!!!  What a devastating crash, a btc crash to end all crashes!!

...and $450 three months ago. Forgotten that?  Grin

Well, I think that represents where we're going again over the next few weeks. You need to remember that in May everyone was calling for the next huge rally in late July. There were graphs and TA everywhere calling it, and much of it looked quite convincing. All it took was a small spark to ignite that frenzy up to $680, but when nothing materialized, investors lost hope again.

What do we have to look forward to now? There are some half heartedly calling for a bubble in October or November, but I don't think they even really believe it. We're all just blindly hoping now, so I think a return to the April/May price levels (or lower) is just about inevitable now.

I believe you are wrong. Time will tell.

PS: People are hoarding coins. https://blockchain.info/charts/bitcoin-days-destroyed?showDataPoints=false&timespan=2year&show_header=true&daysAverageString=28&scale=0&address=

PS2: Use of bitcoin is going up again. https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions-excluding-popular?timespan=1year&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=7&show_header=true&scale=0&address=
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:43:49 PM

Mmitech makes things up as he goes along.  He is like how you, Fonzie, used to be...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  However, he (mmitech) is much dumber than you used to be.    Wink
kireinaha

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:50:27 PM

PS: People are hoarding coins. https://blockchain.info/charts/bitcoin-days-destroyed?showDataPoints=false&timespan=2year&show_header=true&daysAverageString=28&scale=0&address=

PS2: Use of bitcoin is going up again. https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions-excluding-popular?timespan=1year&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=7&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

I'm not surprised that transactions have risen in the past few days, but can't that just be attributed to holders getting spooked and sending their coins around to sell? If so, then yes, transactions are rising, but it's far from a good indication for future price forecasting, imho.
Dump3er

Activity: 1414
Merit: 560

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:51:37 PM

Gna. My thread has been deleted (I will build up some conspiracies on this).

So have to come back here, to my personal fan boy thread - The Troll Oberserver.
Kupsi
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:53:51 PM

I'm not surprised that transactions have risen in the past few days, but can't that just be attributed to holders getting spooked and sending their coins around to sell? If so, then yes, transactions are rising, but it's far from a good indication for future price forecasting, imho.

More transactions could be people wanting to sell. But Bitcoin days destroyed is low. That doesn't indicate people wanting to sell.
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:58:44 PM

You're so right, man!  My bitcoin that was worth $588 yesterday is only worth $570 today!!!  What a devastating crash, a btc crash to end all crashes!!

...and $450 three months ago. Forgotten that?  Grin

http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-2014-8

Don't read too much into the metrics often used to show adoption increasing etc.
That's not to say there aren't signs of growth.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:58:52 PM

When you say you have lost $5K how exactly did you lose it?

for not taking action at the right moment when my sentiment changed, in other words lost the chance to make a $5K more...

Ohhh I see so you lost out on making $5K not lost $5k - there is a difference... you cannot lose something you never had... you missed an opportunity..
the old 20/20 hindsight psychology... that my friend is a bad road to go down....  you have got to admit... losing a hypothetical $5k is not much to cry about and also far far far better imo than having sold and have the market jump against you upwards by $200 then you really would have actually made a loss.. and the market will do it to you ake no doubts about that, if you play that game long enough....it will bite you... far better to cry over the hyptohetical loss of gains you could have had than to take the hit imo... far better..

never cried about it, if I would start crying, I would cry about not going all out at $1060 instead of selling only 10-15%, BTW I didn't have that much of BTC , I had less than 100 BTC, and I've never used leverage, I tried trading on Finex only once and it was fraustrating so I stopped using it.

Yes... your facts do NOT add up. 

You supposedly only had 100BTC through your BTC investment, but then you said that you sold half of your total BTC portfolio in order that you could live (retire) for two years.. or some bullshit like that. 

Then you suggested that you were some kind of BTC wealthy b/c you had a low buy in cost, but you would NOT specify exactly your buy in price but it was somewhere between $10 per BTC and $100 per BTC. 

But then you sold a bunch of your BTC to buy LTC.. during the time that LTC was tanking and therefore you made a bunch of money on LTC.. .supposedly...   NONE of this really adds up...

So why are you telling us stories and continuously switching your story around in order to attempt to make it seem as if you are making a lot of money and to seem as if you are smarter than the rest of us b/c you got into BTC low and then you got out high.. when that does NOT seem to be the case?  especially if we delve into some details of your supposed ever moving and shifting description... which frequently you avoid providing too many specifics b/c you cannot quite get your story straight b/c your story keeps changing and improving regarding how wise you are.
hmmkay

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:59:11 PM

Not a bad article, http://cointelegraph.com/news/112259/op-ed-is-bitcoin-ready-for-the-major-leagues

Interesting part:

A Death by Trading

One of the primary causes for price instability in commodities is the amount of trading and speculation that goes on. Particular groups try to corner certain markets by buying a great deal of the commodity, thereby driving up the price that consumers pay at the market. There is no real reason why Bitcoin cannot fall into the same trap as we get closer to the last mined coin. The above examples of people trying to corner the market are extreme examples. But even regular trading has a sometimes horrid effect on commodities as is evidenced by speculation in the energy industry.

The only way to prevent this from happening is to keep Bitcoin as decentralized as possible and as much of the currency as possible out of the exchanges and in the economy. Money on the trading floor enriches only the traders and owners of the commodity, not the end-consumers or people who buy the final product. Meanwhile, money that continually flows through the economy keeps it healthy and liquid.

Not like day/week traders care, but they are partly responsible for killing or slowing down BTC's success.
To everyone else, spend your coins when you have the option.
If you don't want to lose your amount of BTC, buy back the same amount which you'd otherwise spend in fiat.
Do this until it's not necessary anymore because you get your 'paycheck' in BTC.

As for speculating, the price will rise. You are delusional if you don't see the rapid increase in adoption from serious companies.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:59:42 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:02:59 PM

Don't go bringing Jimmy Buffet quotes in here. He said himself to stay away from commodities.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Jimmy Buffet eh?

yeah this guy ....   Cheesy
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1d/Jimmy_Buffett_1.jpg[img]

Yes, that gentleman is a billionaire investor and he specifically said in an interview earlier this year to stay away from bitcoin.  Grin

That would be Warren?  Grin  what is it with you and names? first "sagon" and now "jimmy" where do you get this from ?  Grin

Also that ol dude is as slippery as an eel - talkin' his book

Kireinaha is a teenage troll. I mean come on, its obvious.

Everyone please stop feeding the teenage troll.

NOPE>>>>>> he is an adult, who is trying to get away with some of his stupidity by acting as if he is a teenager, but it is all a ruse....   He is a troll, though...and certainly a FUD spreader..
trashman43

Activity: 298
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:05:32 PM

Not like day/week traders care, but they are partly responsible for killing or slowing down BTC's success.

okay....? the existence of speculators is inevitable -- as with other commodities. it's more prudent to accept that reality than to go around trying to assign blame....

meanwhile, HODLers continue to speculate....
Dump3er

Activity: 1414
Merit: 560

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:06:12 PM

NOPE>>>>>> he is an adult, who is trying to get away with some of his stupidity by acting as if he is a teenager, but it is all a ruse....   He is a troll, though...and certainly a FUD spreader..

He learns really fast and is doing the job better, day by day.
kireinaha

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:08:17 PM

He learns really fast and is doing the job better, day by day.

Hey, Dump3er. My shift is over and I'm going to go grab dinner. Can you take over for me on the Troll Observer thread? Thanks  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 7628 7629 7630 7631 7632 7633 7634 7635 7636 7637 7638 7639 7640 7641 7642 7643 7644 7645 7646 7647 7648 7649 7650 7651 7652 7653 7654 7655 7656 7657 7658 7659 7660 7661 7662 7663 7664 7665 7666 7667 7668 7669 7670 7671 7672 7673 7674 7675 7676 7677 [7678] 7679 7680 7681 7682 7683 7684 7685 7686 7687 7688 7689 7690 7691 7692 7693 7694 7695 7696 7697 7698 7699 7700 7701 7702 7703 7704 7705 7706 7707 7708 7709 7710 7711 7712 7713 7714 7715 7716 7717 7718 7719 7720 7721 7722 7723 7724 7725 7726 7727 7728 ... 33481 »
  Print  

Jump to: