May 18, 2024, 08:34:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 7928 7929 7930 7931 7932 7933 7934 7935 7936 7937 7938 7939 7940 7941 7942 7943 7944 7945 7946 7947 7948 7949 7950 7951 7952 7953 7954 7955 7956 7957 7958 7959 7960 7961 7962 7963 7964 7965 7966 7967 7968 7969 7970 7971 7972 7973 7974 7975 7976 7977 [7978] 7979 7980 7981 7982 7983 7984 7985 7986 7987 7988 7989 7990 7991 7992 7993 7994 7995 7996 7997 7998 7999 8000 8001 8002 8003 8004 8005 8006 8007 8008 8009 8010 8011 8012 8013 8014 8015 8016 8017 8018 8019 8020 8021 8022 8023 8024 8025 8026 8027 8028 ... 33359 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26384620 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:06:00 PM

So do you guys believe the $517 wall on Stamp is real or will it get pulled once someone nibbles it? I guess it's real, but maybe some whale sees it as a chance to pile up  before the rally really starts!
bigdave

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:07:43 PM

it is sad how most Americans have no clue about what is really going around the world, and still think that USA is the greatest country in the world and the land of "freedom", when most of their follow citizen still struggles and cant get the basics of a free education and health care.

Free education? How do the teachers feed and house themselves?

The students don't have to pay all their lives for loans, their education comes from already paid taxes which goes to pay teachers and expenses of college... I for once paid annually 20€ for registration fee in college and another 40€ for my dorm room, then there is the student coupons (supported price from the government ) to use in restaurants.

If I pay my tax they better use it to make my life and the life of my children better, most EU and north African countries have this system, but in the US they instead spend tax money exporting "democracy" and "freedom" around the world, billions of dollars spent on war while millions of Americans struggle in poverty and losing the basic human rights, things that even central Africans are improving at.

You don't know squat about the 'poor' in America.

I grew up dirt-poor, as we say on the south.  My father was an uneducated, unskilled worker in a cotton mill, and my mother was a full-time mother to 7 kids.  We never went hungry or without clothes because my father was both frugal enough and industrious enough to make sure we always had what we needed - without ANY government assistance - even though plenty of that was available to those who would take it.

In America, there is always someone who will pay you to do useful work, and my father took advantage of that fact to supplement his income.  On the weekends, he would grab me and/or one of my brothers and we would go do house painting or general handyman work, yard work, or whatever we could to make a little money.  We also did plenty of hunting and fishing to supplement the food budget.

When I left high school, my family didn't have the money to send me to college.  I went to work in the same cotton mill where my father (and his father) had worked  and EARNED the money to send myself to college.  My siblings did exactly the same.  One sister is a veterinarian, one is a nurse, I'm an engineer, one brother owns a construction company now, another is a CS geek - well you get the picture...  All of us achieved what we have without the handouts you seem to believe are REQUIRED to escape 'poverty', and I never owed ANYBODY any student loans - because I went to college BEFORE government interference in the education market drove the prices through the roof.

The only people in America I have ever seen "struggling in poverty" were doing so because they chose to depend on the government to support them.

People like you would voluntarily make yourselves into livestock owned by your 'government'.  Well, have fun with that.

I agree that the US government spends what to much money on imperialistic endeavors, but that is another argument for another time...

My wife grew up dirt poor. She was the first in her family to go to college. She was very smart and not lazy in the least. However the only way she could afford to go to college was to take out student loans. She had to take out loans to get her first year of college paid for. But because of her grades she applied for scholarships and managed to have most of her remaining years of college paid for.

I met my wife while we were in college and we got married after we graduated and of course thats when her student loans come due. But because we went to college we managed to get pretty decent paying jobs and managed to pay off her student loan within a few years.

So it goes to show you that just because some Americans go into debt to get things they need such as an education or whatever that we are not all lazy asses that have the debt hanging over our heads the rest of our lives.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2127

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:08:07 PM

well, we all pay taxes, same like you do in the US but we don't have to additionally take loans and be in debt all our lives to pay back what we should be entitled to in the first place, we all have the same equal chance for education here... it is just sad to see talented people in the US having to escape college because they cant afford it, this is all what I am saying.

That's a whole 'nother discussion but college is becoming so expensive because it's subsidized and oversubscribed and prices rise to accommodate that. Arguably there are too many people going to college anyway as a college degree is now required for any tuppenny-hapenny job and we are losing skilled manual workers as they are chasing a piece of paper instead of learning a trade.

I wish I'd have dropped out and pursued what I was good at. Instead I missed out several years of experience which had to be caught up. I had a lot of fun on the taxpayer's dime five pence piece but was it good value for money?* (And this was not some humanities nonsense). I also did not really appreciate what I was being given at the time cause someone else was paying for it. (UK back when they still had full grants).

As to education as a right? I think we should just agree to disagree there (and you probably already know why).

*Definitely not for the UK tax payer. The US gets my income tax.
ChancellorOnABrink

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:10:13 PM

So do you guys believe the $517 wall on Stamp is real or will it get pulled once someone nibbles it? I guess it's real, but maybe some whale sees it as a chance to pile up  before the rally really starts!
Once we'll hit it, it's only a 500 coins wall,
Not that big
KFR

Activity: 560

Per ardua ad luna

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:12:51 PM

Please leave your politics and your religion in your church and your bunker, respectively and respectfully. Cool
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:14:55 PM

Please leave your politics and your religion in your church and your bunker, respectively and respectfully. Cool

Politics will never be far from Bitcoin.

The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
Phillis

Activity: 404

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:16:51 PM

meh these walls on bitfinex are boring. They need to get gobbled up, its been keeping the price down all day
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:17:50 PM

it is sad how most Americans have no clue about what is really going around the world, and still think that USA is the greatest country in the world and the land of "freedom", when most of their follow citizen still struggles and cant get the basics of a free education and health care.

The students don't have to pay all their lives for loans, their education comes from already paid taxes which goes to pay teachers and expenses of college... I for once paid annually 20€ for registration fee in college and another 40€ for my dorm room, then there is the student coupons (supported price from the government ) to use in restaurants.

If I pay my tax they better use it to make my life and the life of my children better, most EU and north African countries have this system, but in the US they instead spend tax money exporting "democracy" and "freedom" around the world, billions of dollars spent on war while millions of Americans struggle in poverty and losing the basic human rights, things that even central Africans are improving at.

I grew up dirt-poor, as we say on the south.  My father was an uneducated, unskilled worker in a cotton mill, and my mother was a full-time mother to 7 kids.  We never went hungry or without clothes because my father was both frugal enough and industrious enough to make sure we always had what we needed - without ANY government assistance - even though plenty of that was available to those who would take it.

In America, there is always someone who will pay you to do useful work, and my father took advantage of that fact to supplement his income.  On the weekends, he would grab me and/or one of my brothers and we would go do house painting or general handyman work, yard work, or whatever we could to make a little money.  We also did plenty of hunting and fishing to supplement the food budget.

When I left high school, my family didn't have the money to send me to college.  I went to work in the same cotton mill where my father (and his father) had worked  and EARNED the money to send myself to college.  My siblings did exactly the same.  One sister is a veterinarian, one is a nurse, I'm an engineer, one brother owns a construction company now, another is a CS geek - well you get the picture...  All of us achieved what we have without the handouts you seem to believe are REQUIRED to escape 'poverty', and I never owed ANYBODY any student loans - because I went to college BEFORE government interference in the education market drove the prices through the roof.

The only people in America I have ever seen "struggling in poverty" were doing so because they chose to depend on the government to support them.

People like you would voluntarily make yourselves into livestock owned by your 'government'.  Well, have fun with that.

I agree that the US government spends what to much money on imperialistic endeavors, but that is another argument for another time...

see....that is exactly what we call struggling, your father paid tax on hard earned money just to see you later working your ass to earn that education you deserved!! to whom he paid the tax, you don't even have a  decent health care system!!!  Citizens in almost every country in EU and north Africa (I don't know about Asia) don't have to worry too much about working their ass to pay what should be entitled to them.

And when you say that the only people struggling are the one who have "chosen to be so", this is exactly the filthy idea that they inject in your culture, I am sure that not everyone choose to live the shitty poverty life, and people who point to them with "Fuck you, not my problem, get your ass up and do something" add to their problems and take their dignity and all hopes of humanity.

the American dream IMO is to suck the living hell of people to make shit loads of money... in other words it is taking advantage of people, but the difference is that it is written in the constitution.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:20:06 PM

My wife grew up dirt poor. She was the first in her family to go to college. She was very smart and not lazy in the least. However the only way she could afford to go to college was to take out student loans. She had to take out loans to get her first year of college paid for. But because of her grades she applied for scholarships and managed to have most of her remaining years of college paid for.

I met my wife while we were in college and we got married after we graduated and of course thats when her student loans come due. But because we went to college we managed to get pretty decent paying jobs and managed to pay off her student loan within a few years.

So it goes to show you that just because some Americans go into debt to get things they need such as an education or whatever that we are not all lazy asses that have the debt hanging over our heads the rest of our lives.

Both of the above posters deserve a pat on the back (well in the second case his wife). Both approaches are very admirable Smiley
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:29:58 PM

I grew up poor as well, I had only my father working and my mother was a full time mother and always sick, but when I finished high school we didn't have to struggle, my father helped me the first year, and at one point I was with my 2 sisters in college all at once, later I started working the weekends to have my own money and to gain experience and everything worked fine for me....  

I admire people like this, but not all of them have the chance to makes things right...and I don't think that people have to suffer to appreciate what they have, yes, some low lives do, but thins doesn't mean all people doesn't appreciate such things... this is what I am trying to express here.
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:31:00 PM

see....that is exactly what we call struggling, your father paid tax on hard earned money just to see you later working your ass to earn that education you deserved!! to whom he paid the tax, you don't even have a  decent health care system!!!  Citizens in almost every country in EU and north Africa (I don't know about Asia) don't have to worry too much about working their ass to pay what should be entitled to them.

My father was ROBBED of money that he could have used to support my family, who damn well needed it.  Being robbed by the government doesn't ENTITLE you, it should ENRAGE you.

When I was a kid, my mother could call the local doctor and he would COME TO OUR HOUSE and treat us (an unbelievable concept in America now), and he would charge us $10 for that service.  Everyone I knew was about as poor as we were, but I cannot once remember hearing someone say "Oh my God, what will we do about the medical bills?".  The mess that the American health care system is in now is another creation of our government - but again, that is a long argument that exceeds greatly the bounds of this thread.

And when you say that the only people struggling are the one who have "chosen to be so", this is exactly the filthy idea that they inject in your culture, I am sure that not everyone choose to live the shitty poverty life, and people who point to them with "Fuck you, not my problem, get your ass up and do something" add to their problems and take their dignity and all hopes of humanity.

You are just wrong about this.  People who live in 'entitlement societies' cannot seem to comprehend that stealing from others to make you life easier is just plain WRONG, so I will not try to re-argue that argument here yet again.  I will just agree to disagree with you, and hope that you can someday come to know the value of personal initiative.

the American dream IMO is to suck the living hell of people to make shit loads of money... in other words it is taking advantage of people, but the difference is that it is written in the constitution.

The American dream is that we may help our children to live better than we could.  It's really just that simple.  My parents succeeded in that dream, and I hope that I will also.

fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:40:50 PM

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:58:56 PM

When I was a kid, my mother could call the local doctor and he would COME TO OUR HOUSE and treat us (an unbelievable concept in America now), and he would charge us $10 for that service.  Everyone I knew was about as poor as we were, but I cannot once remember hearing someone say "Oh my God, what will we do about the medical bills?".  The mess that the American health care system is in now is another creation of our government - but again, that is a long argument that exceeds greatly the bounds of this thread.

The mess that is the American education system that mmitech is decrying is also the fault of the government.

This is worth a read http://mises.org/daily/1425
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1777

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:59:26 PM

Explanation
wingsfan23

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:00:44 PM

200 coin asks on BFX at 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, and 515. At least this guy has the sense of humor to make a nice piece of artwork out of the order book while he holds us down...
Sandia

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:06:18 PM

200 coin asks on BFX at 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, and 515. At least this guy has the sense of humor to make a nice piece of artwork out of the order book while he holds us down...

...and he will have to buy them back again at some point, if we manage to break through.  And we could get a short squeeze on those 5500 coins.

510 walls got eaten.
Threebits

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:07:42 PM

Tax system is necessary for human community, isn't it? I thought it was common knowledge.

Whether taxes are spent properly is a different issue, isn't it?

Those who survived without tax can not say other people do not need tax support. If they say so, they don't really need bitcoin as well, as they don't need community.

Humans are social, by nature. Bitcoin will have to go well with tax. But, it does not necessarily go well with fiat!
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:19:33 PM

The mess that is the American education system that mmitech is decrying is also the fault of the government.

This is worth a read http://mises.org/daily/1425

interesting reading, I don't think our schools are bad to be honest, I agree that private schools can "offer" more than what public schools offer, but this doesn't mean that public schools have to be shitty...
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:20:16 PM

Tax system is necessary for human community, isn't it?

Good question to start with. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:24:02 PM

interesting reading, I don't think our schools are bad to be honest, I agree that private schools can "offer" more than what public schools offer, but this doesn't mean that public schools have to be shitty...

Indeed. Mine was actually pretty good compared to many. The question really is whether it necessary for the government to fund them (given the way they obtain those funds) and the quality of education obtained vs that money spent elsewhere (or, conversely, whether a similar level of education can be obtained by spending/taking less money).

However, many people live in areas with bad schools. And they can't go private because the government is confiscating too much of their income and they can't move to a better catchment area because the government is confiscating too much of their income.
Pages: « 1 ... 7928 7929 7930 7931 7932 7933 7934 7935 7936 7937 7938 7939 7940 7941 7942 7943 7944 7945 7946 7947 7948 7949 7950 7951 7952 7953 7954 7955 7956 7957 7958 7959 7960 7961 7962 7963 7964 7965 7966 7967 7968 7969 7970 7971 7972 7973 7974 7975 7976 7977 [7978] 7979 7980 7981 7982 7983 7984 7985 7986 7987 7988 7989 7990 7991 7992 7993 7994 7995 7996 7997 7998 7999 8000 8001 8002 8003 8004 8005 8006 8007 8008 8009 8010 8011 8012 8013 8014 8015 8016 8017 8018 8019 8020 8021 8022 8023 8024 8025 8026 8027 8028 ... 33359 »
  Print  

Jump to: