June 26, 2024, 08:05:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 8449 8450 8451 8452 8453 8454 8455 8456 8457 8458 8459 8460 8461 8462 8463 8464 8465 8466 8467 8468 8469 8470 8471 8472 8473 8474 8475 8476 8477 8478 8479 8480 8481 8482 8483 8484 8485 8486 8487 8488 8489 8490 8491 8492 8493 8494 8495 8496 8497 8498 [8499] 8500 8501 8502 8503 8504 8505 8506 8507 8508 8509 8510 8511 8512 8513 8514 8515 8516 8517 8518 8519 8520 8521 8522 8523 8524 8525 8526 8527 8528 8529 8530 8531 8532 8533 8534 8535 8536 8537 8538 8539 8540 8541 8542 8543 8544 8545 8546 8547 8548 8549 ... 33485 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26407262 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:41:49 PM

Anyone else in here use Circle?

I've never experienced a better way to buy bitcoins. So easy my grandma can do it.
note to self never do anything shady* with "hyphymikey's" bitcoins, they have been tied to his identity.  Cheesy

ps. remember to declare all the capital gains on those coins they in the IRS ledger.

* shady here in Canada - or at lease British Columbia is buying something at a garage sale, or lemonade from a kids lemonade stand and not self assessing the tax and sending it to the government. You are also expected to self asses the value of gifts from out of Provence calculate the tax (PST) and send a cheque to the government for there share.

failure to do so is against the law and tax evasion. The truth is we are all evading tax in BC Canada, just now if you can track the money and put an identity to it you can technically collect it.  

I'm sure other parts of the free world have laws just as asinine.

so just think about how you get your bitcoin.

I have an LLC set up just for my bitcoin holdings. I'm not into bitcoin for tax evasion. I will hold them for at least a year so I pay little or no taxes anyways... I think. I'll figure that out next year.
Walsoraj

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Ultranode

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:53:44 PM

You are all over-analyzing the situation.

Bitstamp exercises the most influence over the price. The price is going down because very little new fiat is entering Stamp. Look at the declining Bid Sum over the past 6 months: http://coinorama.net/

Alternative explanations, including that most of the new fiat is sitting off the order book, are speculative and wishful thinking.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 05:56:23 PM

Bitstamp exercises the most influence over the price. The price is going down because very little new fiat is entering Stamp. Look at the declining Bid Sum over the past 6 months: http://coinorama.net/

Alternative explanations, including that most of the new fiat is sitting off the order book, are speculative and wishful thinking.

the spike to 450 doesn't agree with that.
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:00:33 PM

No one has a crystal ball price could do anything up or down.

monkey does.  he wants it down for another week.
Would poking him with a pointy stick make him change his mind? Or monkey hookers and cocaine?

EDIT: Gold has a rocket up its arse and the dow is back on course with its plummet, should be a push up but I'm not about to doubt the monkeys wisdom.

Gold has been bouncing off the $1200 mark for past year and a half or so.... last time it went this low (it hit $1208.xx) was in July 2010, support seems strong enough at $1200 for a bounce off here ($1221 a moment ago) if it continues this will be its third bounce off of $1200, remains to be seen if it manages to break $1400 this time around...

It seems like its caught by the balls but I've a feeling something big is happening at the mo. The ESF isn't the only one pushing markets around, there's an economic war being fought on them and I think the drop after the US found an excuse to drop bombs on Syria may have been an escalation. In that regard Bitcoin is a bomb ready to go off any time, its another chink in the dollars world reserve armour.

Indeed, Gold is overdue a big move to the upside and it will come eventually, and is being pushed around at the moment and as you say not just the ESF, but it has got to give eventually, been a lot of accumulating going on past few years at a state level,  looks like some players are considering a return to a partial gold standard and a basket of currencies taking the place of the dollar as world reserve. I think you are right, BTC could play a role in this as the currency wars continue to pan out, gold already is already fully in play, as is the printing press of course. If the perfect storm occurs the next proper move to the upside, when the time is right will surely take gold up past $1800 and on towards $3000+.

What if the state level accumulation was primarily short covering?

In Chinas case I do not think that is what is habbenang... sure some of the buying and this rally (and the previous few) did have a bump from shorts being covered, but China is looking like it may make a move to float the yuan and make it partially tied to gold, and they have been buying accordingly, other nations from Europe to the middle east have also been making noises. With the trillion dollars being printed a year by the US at the moment it is musical chairs time.... China is looking forward to what happens when the music stops.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:01:20 PM

Explanation
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:02:10 PM

Would poking him with a pointy stick make him change his mind? Or monkey hookers and cocaine?

EDIT: Gold has a rocket up its arse and the dow is back on course with its plummet, should be a push up but I'm not about to doubt the monkeys wisdom.

Gold has been bouncing off the $1200 mark for past year and a half or so.... last time it went this low (it hit $1208.xx) was in July 2010, support seems strong enough at $1200 for a bounce off here ($1221 a moment ago) if it continues this will be its third bounce off of $1200, remains to be seen if it manages to break $1400 this time around...

It seems like its caught by the balls but I've a feeling something big is happening at the mo. The ESF isn't the only one pushing markets around, there's an economic war being fought on them and I think the drop after the US found an excuse to drop bombs on Syria may have been an escalation. In that regard Bitcoin is a bomb ready to go off any time, its another chink in the dollars world reserve armour.

Indeed, Gold is overdue a big move to the upside and it will come eventually, and is being pushed around at the moment and as you say not just the ESF, but it has got to give eventually, been a lot of accumulating going on past few years at a state level,  looks like some players are considering a return to a partial gold standard and a basket of currencies taking the place of the dollar as world reserve. I think you are right, BTC could play a role in this as the currency wars continue to pan out, gold already is already fully in play, as is the printing press of course. If the perfect storm occurs the next proper move to the upside, when the time is right will surely take gold up past $1800 and on towards $3000+.

In Chinas case I do not think that is what is habbenang... sure some of the buying and this rally (and the previous few) did have a bump from shorts being covered, but China is looking like it may make a move to float the yuan and make it partially tied to gold, and they have been buying accordingly, other nations from Europe to the middle east have also been making noises. With the trillion dollars being printed a year by the US at the moment it is musical chairs time.... China is looking forward to what happens when the music stops.

China still holds trillions of US treasuries, no?
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:18:56 PM

China still holds trillions of US treasuries, no?

Yup... more than they want I am sure... it is musical chairs time, and China (and everyone else) know they cannot divest too much nor too rapidly nor in too public a manner, at least not without this panning out more and not without having all their ducks in a row. Though you can be sure that they are serious about floating the yuan and they are serious about pegging it to gold and they are also along with the rest of the world looking at the printing press churning away, with dismay. Those treasuries will not just bid for themselves for ever.. an at some point the cows come home, and there will be a knock on effect = high yields of the bonds... how high can they go before they are too high? and the game is kaput? unpayable? haircut? default? total loss of confidence in the bonds? failed auctions?

Musical chairs...
Walsoraj

Activity: 686

Ultranode

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:20:53 PM

Yes it did. Off book buyers faded quickly and the total bid sum remained anemic. Face it, there is not much ammo off book.
intighet

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

mene mene tekel upharsin

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:27:14 PM

Yes it did. Off book buyers faded quickly and the total bid sum remained anemic. Face it, there is not much ammo off book.

Further, the bid sum decreased noticeably just after the spike. This suggests that buyers pulled their orders to finance it.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:28:22 PM

I've never experienced a better way to buy bitcoins. So easy my grandma can do it.

yes I got my invite few days ago, it is amazing, I really like the simplicity.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 10441

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:43:17 PM

I requested my invite May 27, 2014... and I have been waiting ever since... waiting , waiting and waiting.... In the end of july, sent them an e-mail requesting   a status update, and they said dont call us, we will call you.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:48:07 PM

note to self never do anything shady* with "hyphymikey's" bitcoins, they have been tied to his identity.  Cheesy

ps. remember to declare all the capital gains on those coins they in the IRS ledger.

* shady here in Canada - or at lease British Columbia is buying something at a garage sale, or lemonade from a kids lemonade stand and not self assessing the tax and sending it to the government. You are also expected to self asses the value of gifts from out of Provence calculate the tax (PST) and send a cheque to the government for there share.

failure to do so is against the law and tax evasion. The truth is we are all evading tax in BC Canada, just now if you can track the money and put an identity to it you can technically collect it.  

I'm sure other parts of the free world have laws just as asinine.

so just think about how you get your bitcoin.

Not best english, but very Good advice
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:54:34 PM

If we touch under $400, I am buying again.   I am very confident that this will be a missed opportunity for many people.   Look at how things progressed last year (and we are 10 times further into the development and adoption of BTC).   Many people would have given up a kidney to get BTC under $400 last November...
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 06:59:26 PM

none of the ammo used on the sipke was pulled from the order book.
after the spike there was a condestable amount of panic buying at the top
then we saw walls getting destroyed at 430 420 410.

theres ammo off the books, plenty of it.

look at the local bitcoin chart, volume has doubled recently and its holding.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:01:19 PM

Explanation
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:02:12 PM

I requested my invite May 27, 2014... and I have been waiting ever since... waiting , waiting and waiting.... In the end of july, sent them an e-mail requesting   a status update, and they said dont call us, we will call you.

lol, they slap you in your face by calling don't call us, if you deserve we will call you.
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:04:08 PM

If we touch under $400, I am buying again.   I am very confident that this will be a missed opportunity for many people.   Look at how things progressed last year (and we are 10 times further into the development and adoption of BTC).   Many people would have given up a kidney to get BTC under $400 last November...

Ok i think we all got it by now. That we're going down is so good because you will be buying all those cheap coins.
Noted. No need to mention it 5 more times.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5079

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:22:55 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 07:33:06 PM by Torque

I requested my invite May 27, 2014... and I have been waiting ever since... waiting , waiting and waiting.... In the end of july, sent them an e-mail requesting   a status update, and they said dont call us, we will call you.

lol, they slap you in your face by calling don't call us, if you deserve we will call you.

Here's what I sent them today, and their reply back.

Quote from: Torque
Hi,

Are you guys EVER going to approve my invite? I have been waiting patiently for months and have sent several requests. Several of my friends are already using your service.

Quote from: Circle Support
Sep 25 01:45 PM

Hi,

Thank you so much for your interest in Circle! I understand that it can be frustrating waiting for your invitation.

We are gradually increasing the number of invites and users, collecting feedback and optimizing product features to ensure that we can deliver an exceptional experience to everyone.

Please keep an eye out for an email from us in the near future.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Adam, Circle Support

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2146

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:34:58 PM

Interesting thought, but wouldn't this be price neutral since he would be buying and selling?

It looks more like somebody is selling a lot of coins. They started in June halting the run up probably to a new high.

Possibly. But he might have bought Bitcoin back when to hold then sorted out methods for obtaining dollars and travel and now it's time to vamoose.

It seems unlikely though.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 10441

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:43:09 PM

Yeah, something like that.  We BTC consumers may be in a state of desperation with shortage of decent products (in the case of Circle, supposed zero fees would have saved me over $1,000 in fees over the last year).  Accordingly, we BTC consumers (the royal "we") will put up with quite a lot of abuse, if we perceive that we are getting a good (or better) product in the end.
Pages: « 1 ... 8449 8450 8451 8452 8453 8454 8455 8456 8457 8458 8459 8460 8461 8462 8463 8464 8465 8466 8467 8468 8469 8470 8471 8472 8473 8474 8475 8476 8477 8478 8479 8480 8481 8482 8483 8484 8485 8486 8487 8488 8489 8490 8491 8492 8493 8494 8495 8496 8497 8498 [8499] 8500 8501 8502 8503 8504 8505 8506 8507 8508 8509 8510 8511 8512 8513 8514 8515 8516 8517 8518 8519 8520 8521 8522 8523 8524 8525 8526 8527 8528 8529 8530 8531 8532 8533 8534 8535 8536 8537 8538 8539 8540 8541 8542 8543 8544 8545 8546 8547 8548 8549 ... 33485 »
  Print  

Jump to: