June 21, 2024, 01:28:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 9841 9842 9843 9844 9845 9846 9847 9848 9849 9850 9851 9852 9853 9854 9855 9856 9857 9858 9859 9860 9861 9862 9863 9864 9865 9866 9867 9868 9869 9870 9871 9872 9873 9874 9875 9876 9877 9878 9879 9880 9881 9882 9883 9884 9885 9886 9887 9888 9889 9890 [9891] 9892 9893 9894 9895 9896 9897 9898 9899 9900 9901 9902 9903 9904 9905 9906 9907 9908 9909 9910 9911 9912 9913 9914 9915 9916 9917 9918 9919 9920 9921 9922 9923 9924 9925 9926 9927 9928 9929 9930 9931 9932 9933 9934 9935 9936 9937 9938 9939 9940 9941 ... 33467 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26404255 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:04:56 PM

it just means you have a gambling problem.

Would you mind telling us how many times you have been short(long) squeezed in the last months? I remember at least 6-7 times Cheesy. Haven´t you gone full short yesterday @~37x$ before we went upt to 390$ on Finex. And haven´t you said BTC is done(fucking dead, dead as a doornail..) for the 50th time this year but changed your mind today(again) before we broke down through 380$ that BTC might reach new highs in the next months? I remember when you also went full short when LTC hit it´s lowest point this year just before it almost doubled up to 5-6$. I don´t know anyone in here who has been dead wrong so many times as you were. You should probably think twice before you accuse an "average down + holder"(even if it´s JayJuanGee  Wink ) of gambling.  Cheesy

No personal offense, but to hear this from your mouth is beyond ridiculous.

PS: Don´t forget to go full short again if we should go near 365-370$  .
You should use OKcoin.com, they offer 20x leverage !  Cheesy

Oh, and I'm up 3% in the past two days. Thanks for your concern.  Roll Eyes

Congratulations, but does this mean that you only post your wrong predicitons in here and never the profitable ones? Is this avil attempt from you to lure others into bad trades?
Seems strange to me. Whatever.
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:06:05 PM

Buying all the way down from $1200 must have felt bloody horrible. Like silver stackers who started at $50 an ounce. So many cheap coins!

Nope.  It did NOT feel that bad, and part of the reason is because of the quantity being invested was NOT very high.  Surely, there were a few moments that i was a little concerned about the value of my overall BTC portfolio, but overall, I did NOT feel badly or have trepidations or second thoughts.. again probably because I had allocated the quantities of my investment towards bitcoin, and I considered dollar cost averaging to be the best of the available options.. especially in order to continue to accumulate coins in the event that the market prices would begin to reverse.

But you said earlier that you had a lot invested in BTC. Also, you've been buying since $1200 and haven't caught the hint, yet. You must be in way over your head by this point.

Yes, too many details for little minds like yours to keep track, yet enough details for little minds like yours to grasp onto some irrelevant details in order to attempt silly-ass and distracting holes.  I also said that I have less than 10% of my total quasi-liquid investments in BTC... and that I had doubled down around $600... Accordingly, a lot is relative and a lot is doubling down at $600 which had caused more difficulties to bring down the average price per BTC while BTC prices had continued to fall from $600 but have been largely stuck in the $340 to $420 range for a couple of months.

Do you plan to double down again if we hit $150? And $75? Serious question

If we hit $150... I would double down. I think this guy shot all his bullets, though. It sounds like it. Otherwise his number wouldn't be in the $550s... he would have doubled down in the low $300s. He's cooked.

I doubt that this guy is "cooked."  This guy had a lot of fiat come available in May and June and then the question was about how much to invest at that time and whether BTC prices would go lower?  I was of the assessment at that time, that prices were heading up, and NOT down.. so I invested a considerable chunk at that time (over those two months approximately, and NOT everything as you seem to imply).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Between May and June was the very peak of the proximate high... you invested at the top of both bubbles. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say you just don't know when to stop shooting yourself in the foot, but that was already obvious based on your "trading strategy." Buy high, sell low!!

I have NOT sold, yet.. maybe under your theory, I will be selling in the $0 to $550 arena, and I doubt that I will do that.. but anything is possible.

Further, maybe you should consider providing some contemporary details of your strategy, but people got too bored with your illogic, so you converted to full-fledged troll (rather than half-fledged troll).  Congratulation in joining the ranks of NOT not porkchop.

My new strategy is to do exactly the opposite of what you say you are doing. Seriously, you are a champ at calling tops for a market -- you just forgot that it wasn't buy high, sell low.
Newbie1022

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:08:08 PM

Would you mind telling us how many times you have been short(long) squeezed in the last months? I remember at least 6-7 times Cheesy. Haven´t you gone full short yesterday @~37x$ before we went upt to 390$ on Finex. And haven´t you said BTC is done(fucking dead, dead as a doornail..) for the 50th time this year but changed your mind today(again) before we broke down through 380$ that BTC might reach new highs in the next months? I remember when you also went full short when LTC hit it´s lowest point this year just before it almost doubled up to 5-6$. I don´t know anyone in here who has been dead wrong so many times as you were. You should probably think twice before you accuse an "average down + holder"(even if it´s JayJuanGee  Wink ) of gambling.  Cheesy

PS: Don´t forget to go full short again if we should go near 365-370$  .
You should use OKcoin.com, they offer 20x leverage !  Cheesy

Oh, and I'm up 3% in the past two days. Thanks for your concern.  Roll Eyes

Congratulations, but does this mean that you only post your wrong predicitons in here and never the profitable ones? Is this avil attempt from you to lure others into bad trades?
Seems strange to me. Whatever.

No, I moved out of the trade when it came back down to about 375, put in a buy because I thought the order book was spread thin and we dropped too fast... exited at $382.5 and then took another short there. Those moves minus trading fees = up 3% on the day. I don't normally trade that frequently in a day, but the swing down was too quick so it was a given. And yes, that right there is like total riverboat gambling. I'm totally ok with admitting that.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10424

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:10:30 PM

Would you mind telling us how many times you have been short(long) squeezed in the last months? I remember at least 6-7 times Cheesy. Haven´t you gone full short yesterday @~37x$ before we went upt to 390$ on Finex. And haven´t you said BTC is done(fucking dead, dead as a doornail..) for the 50th time this year but changed your mind today(again) before we broke down through 380$ that BTC might reach new highs in the next months? I remember when you also went full short when LTC hit it´s lowest point this year just before it almost doubled up to 5-6$. I don´t know anyone in here who has been deadly wrong so many times like you did. You should probably think twice before you accuse an "average down + holder"(even if it´s JayJuanGee  Wink ) of gambling.  Cheesy

PS: Don´t forget to go full short again if we should go near 365-370$  .
You should use OKcoin.com, they offer 20x leverage !  Cheesy

How do you define a squeeze? Margin called? Never. Lost a bit... small amounts here and there, one play that actually did cost me a fair amount, but I'm overall up on the past few months by about 10%. Yes, I am a gambler! At least I don't try to call it an "investment strategy." It's f---ing gambling.

I don' t consider my strategy to be gambling, but surely some people may define it as such.  Yet, we need NOT get into semantics to realize that attempted traders (such as you Newbie) are engaging a much more closer proximation of gambling than buyers and holders and dollar cost averagers, such as myself.

Sure there is a gambling component to long term investing, but it would be a bit further of a distraction if we attempt to argue further down those lines of thinking.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:11:12 PM

Fonzie, newbie, lambchops, JJG... this forum is going to look like: ignored, ignored, ignored, ignored, ignored, ignored, ignored, ignored to a lot of people.
Newbie1022

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:13:36 PM

Would you mind telling us how many times you have been short(long) squeezed in the last months? I remember at least 6-7 times Cheesy. Haven´t you gone full short yesterday @~37x$ before we went upt to 390$ on Finex. And haven´t you said BTC is done(fucking dead, dead as a doornail..) for the 50th time this year but changed your mind today(again) before we broke down through 380$ that BTC might reach new highs in the next months? I remember when you also went full short when LTC hit it´s lowest point this year just before it almost doubled up to 5-6$. I don´t know anyone in here who has been deadly wrong so many times like you did. You should probably think twice before you accuse an "average down + holder"(even if it´s JayJuanGee  Wink ) of gambling.  Cheesy

How do you define a squeeze? Margin called? Never. Lost a bit... small amounts here and there, one play that actually did cost me a fair amount, but I'm overall up on the past few months by about 10%. Yes, I am a gambler! At least I don't try to call it an "investment strategy." It's f---ing gambling.

I don' t consider my strategy to be gambling, but surely some people may define it as such.  Yet, we need NOT get into semantics to realize that attempted traders (such as you Newbie) are engaging a much more closer proximation of gambling than buyers and holders and dollar cost averagers, such as myself.

Sure there is a gambling component to long term investing, but it would be a bit further of a distraction if we attempt to argue further down those lines of thinking.

What you are doing is referred to as the Martingale betting system/gambling system. Wikipedia even calls what you are doing gambling. Further, your gambling is riskier than my gambling. If I lose, I walk away and smack myself in the back of the head for being a goof. You... you lose big (doubling down on doubling down on doubling down... etc.).

However, I agree perfectly that what I am doing is gambling. I do not try to dress that up. You, on the other hand, are in denial. You call it an "investment strategy."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martingale_(betting_system)

P.S. -- Please tell me when you make your next big investment so that I'll know the market has reached a proximate top and I can enter a short.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:13:37 PM

I did NOT try to make you mad, bro. You mad??

YEAH.. right.. .. you are trolling, and one of the goals of trolls is to cause illogic and distractions and to engage in personal attacks, which you are doing... and yes, you would love it to cause posters to become mad.  This poster is NOT mad, just responding to some of the ridiculousness to put it in a context.

You have anymore one liners that are non-substantive attempts at "contribution" to get others to do all the work, in other words trolling while you sit back and muse that you have an effect in this interweb world?

No, I'm good for now. Thanks tho Smiley

Be careful... he might try to charge you a "spam toll." Hahahaha

I heard somewhere he used to be all sophisticated in the Reptile thread before his leader went mad with Moneros

You heard?  Who gives a shit?Huh I participated in a variety of threads, and I have both complimented and criticized Rptiella in a variety of ways.  NONETHELESS, Rptiella seems to contribute a lot more substance than posters like you.  Yeah Monero pumping is NOT an appealing trait for anyone.. and/or to incorporate those various altcoin pumps into purported bitcoin threads.

Newbie1022

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:14:47 PM

YEAH.. right.. .. you are trolling, and one of the goals of trolls is to cause illogic and distractions and to engage in personal attacks, which you are doing... and yes, you would love it to cause posters to become mad.  This poster is NOT mad, just responding to some of the ridiculousness to put it in a context.

You have anymore one liners that are non-substantive attempts at "contribution" to get others to do all the work, in other words trolling while you sit back and muse that you have an effect in this interweb world?

I heard somewhere he used to be all sophisticated in the Reptile thread before his leader went mad with Moneros

You heard?  Who gives a shit?Huh I participated in a variety of threads, and I have both complimented and criticized Rptiella in a variety of ways.  NONETHELESS, Rptiella seems to contribute a lot more substance than posters like you.  Yeah Monero pumping is NOT an appealing trait for anyone.. and/or to incorporate those various altcoin pumps into purported bitcoin threads.

The $100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 coin thread supposedly based on mathematics and TA. Yea, that one was always a knee slapper.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:16:32 PM

Probably doesn't feel as stupid as someone like me that sold hundreds in the 5-10 range.

Embarrassed

I sold plenty of coin below today's price.  Feel like a boss--I made money.  Our friend, the intrepid investor, lost it.  Though technically, the money wasn't lost--it simply went to those who happened to be smarter than JayJuanGee.
In his case, @$1200, that meant "everyone."

You gotta work on your reading skills NOT Not pork.  Yes I believe I bought 1.24 BTC at $1,200.  So the fuck what.

Took one for the team. Good on you, bro!

I did NOT take any for the team.  I had been intending to look at bitcoin in October and November 2013, and I did NOT get around to it until mid to late November.  By the time I figured out how to invest and to get started, I went through Local Bitcoins for my first purchase.  I realized that prices had been going up, so I decided to invest $30k into bitcoin over the first 6 months, and to start out with a $1,500 purchase.  I had seen that bitcoin prices had gone up by 8x in the previous month and I had seen that BTC prices had gone up by more than 20x over the previous year, so I was fairly skeptical of its ability to continue to go up from $1200; however, I wanted to have a little bit of skin in the game, just in case BTC prices went up further.. which was NOT out of the question.  Accordingly, I figured that I could continue to study bitcoin while I had some skin in the game. 

Please, for the love of God... please tell me you haven't invested $30k+ starting from $1200. I might actually die of laughter.

Maybe you have to learn to absorb what you are reading? 

I used to have that problem in high school.... all words just went in and I did NOT understand them.  If you read the paragraph that you cited, then you will find (hopefully if you are NOT too imbecilian) find the answer to your question contained therein.  I highlighted a portion to help you out because I realize that you are probably NOT very quick.

Note I stated "starting from" and I've also bolded the relevant section. It appears the only thing you are worse at than investing is parsing your own writing.

Whatever the fuck you said.. The answer is already contained in my previous post.. so it seems that you are just posting and attempting to restate the issue but to state it in confusing and/or convoluted manners...   You seem to be going crazy in your apparent need to continue to make mountains out of molehills.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:19:37 PM

Buying all the way down from $1200 must have felt bloody horrible. Like silver stackers who started at $50 an ounce. So many cheap coins!

Nope.  It did NOT feel that bad, and part of the reason is because of the quantity being invested was NOT very high.  Surely, there were a few moments that i was a little concerned about the value of my overall BTC portfolio, but overall, I did NOT feel badly or have trepidations or second thoughts.. again probably because I had allocated the quantities of my investment towards bitcoin, and I considered dollar cost averaging to be the best of the available options.. especially in order to continue to accumulate coins in the event that the market prices would begin to reverse.

But you said earlier that you had a lot invested in BTC. Also, you've been buying since $1200 and haven't caught the hint, yet. You must be in way over your head by this point.

Yes, too many details for little minds like yours to keep track, yet enough details for little minds like yours to grasp onto some irrelevant details in order to attempt silly-ass and distracting holes.  I also said that I have less than 10% of my total quasi-liquid investments in BTC... and that I had doubled down around $600... Accordingly, a lot is relative and a lot is doubling down at $600 which had caused more difficulties to bring down the average price per BTC while BTC prices had continued to fall from $600 but have been largely stuck in the $340 to $420 range for a couple of months.

Do you plan to double down again if we hit $150? And $75? Serious question

If we hit $150... I would double down. I think this guy shot all his bullets, though. It sounds like it. Otherwise his number wouldn't be in the $550s... he would have doubled down in the low $300s. He's cooked.

I doubt that this guy is "cooked."  This guy had a lot of fiat come available in May and June and then the question was about how much to invest at that time and whether BTC prices would go lower?  I was of the assessment at that time, that prices were heading up, and NOT down.. so I invested a considerable chunk at that time (over those two months approximately, and NOT everything as you seem to imply).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Between May and June was the very peak of the proximate high... you invested at the top of both bubbles. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say you just don't know when to stop shooting yourself in the foot, but that was already obvious based on your "trading strategy." Buy high, sell low!!

I have NOT sold, yet.. maybe under your theory, I will be selling in the $0 to $550 arena, and I doubt that I will do that.. but anything is possible.

Further, maybe you should consider providing some contemporary details of your strategy, but people got too bored with your illogic, so you converted to full-fledged troll (rather than half-fledged troll).  Congratulation in joining the ranks of NOT not porkchop.

My new strategy is to do exactly the opposite of what you say you are doing. Seriously, you are a champ at calling tops for a market -- you just forgot that it wasn't buy high, sell low.

Good luck with that strategy.  You could be right, but I believe chances are better that BTC will be going up rather than down... but whatever, you have your methodology, apparently, even though it seems to make little to NO sense.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:19:47 PM

Yeez, will this cat fight ever end? Aren't there anyone who has anything valuable to say about the price drop?

edit: The Who!
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:20:33 PM

'Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.'
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:21:48 PM

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:22:59 PM

What you are doing is referred to as the Martingale betting system/gambling system. Wikipedia even calls what you are doing gambling. Further, your gambling is riskier than my gambling. If I lose, I walk away and smack myself in the back of the head for being a goof. You... you lose big (doubling down on doubling down on doubling down... etc.).

However, I agree perfectly that what I am doing is gambling. I do not try to dress that up. You, on the other hand, are in denial. You call it an "investment strategy."

P.S. -- Please tell me when you make your next big investment so that I'll know the market has reached a proximate top and I can enter a short.

Again,you seem to be oversimplifying and diverting.  I know about Martingale, and I am NOT engaged in such tactics.  sorry to burst your stupid ass theory.. but clearly, you do NOT know what the fuck you are talking about half the time.. and you already admitted several times that your recent goal in this thread is to troll.. so fuck off. .
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:24:17 PM

The $100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 coin thread supposedly based on mathematics and TA. Yea, that one was always a knee slapper.

Another strawman..

you know what is a strawman? 

NO one is making such an argument.. stupid ass newbie.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4603

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:24:24 PM

Fonzie, newbie, lambchops, JJG... this forum is going to look like: ignored, ignored, ignored, ignored, ignored, ignored, ignored, ignored to a lot of people.

LOL

I don't generally ignore anyone but today's little mudslinging sandbox has me tempted.
Newbie1022

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:24:51 PM

Again,you seem to be oversimplifying and diverting.  I know about Martingale, and I am NOT engaged in such tactics.  sorry to burst your stupid ass theory.. but clearly, you do NOT know what the fuck you are talking about half the time.. and you already admitted several times that your recent goal in this thread is to troll.. so fuck off. .

You stated that you have repeatedly doubled down from $1200 and then, starting again, in late May-early July when you had a cash influx (right at the proximate high). So, not only are you engaged in the Martingale... you're doing it really badly.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:25:30 PM

Yeez, will this cat fight ever end? Aren't there anyone who has anything valuable to say about the price drop?

The price dropped.. oh?  had not even noticed   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Newbie1022

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:27:08 PM

The price dropped.. oh?  had not even noticed   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

It's old news... we all knew there would be some dumping this weekend. It hasn't hit the point of getting out of hand. Might drop to $360ish, but the floor shouldn't fall out ahead of the auction. Back to making fun of JJG
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:29:06 PM

Pages: « 1 ... 9841 9842 9843 9844 9845 9846 9847 9848 9849 9850 9851 9852 9853 9854 9855 9856 9857 9858 9859 9860 9861 9862 9863 9864 9865 9866 9867 9868 9869 9870 9871 9872 9873 9874 9875 9876 9877 9878 9879 9880 9881 9882 9883 9884 9885 9886 9887 9888 9889 9890 [9891] 9892 9893 9894 9895 9896 9897 9898 9899 9900 9901 9902 9903 9904 9905 9906 9907 9908 9909 9910 9911 9912 9913 9914 9915 9916 9917 9918 9919 9920 9921 9922 9923 9924 9925 9926 9927 9928 9929 9930 9931 9932 9933 9934 9935 9936 9937 9938 9939 9940 9941 ... 33467 »
  Print  

Jump to: