Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:29:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 477 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem  (Read 375656 times)
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:48:07 PM

Is this on an exchange already?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:54:27 PM

Well, I wrote a piece for Hacked.com before the ICO and said all you were getting for your money was 40 odd lines of code nothing more and not even a high-level code.I don't own any and never will so I will not spend time on this thread putting it down or rehashing the article but anybody that has any sense will see through this debacle straight away.
addicto
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:04:00 PM

Is this on an exchange already?

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BNT

https://liqui.io/#/exchange/BNT_BTC

As well as you can buy/sell through smart contract.

https://www.bancor.network/bnt

https://blog.bancor.network/how-to-trade-your-bnt-on-myetherwallet-bd91ebd78c9d
Paracelsus

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

Activity: 2017

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:18:23 PM

The only question I have here is, "why this FUD now?"  There was plenty of time for the FUD before the ICO broke records with its crwodsale....right?  Why does the FUD begin after all the tokens are sold?  Is somebody trying to get cheap Bancor tokens?
Why would one professor undermine his reputation, i think this is worst that can happen to their profession?

As i understood this is most successful ICO ever, but what is happening with price, this is still around ICO price? Also i would like something to be clarified this token doesn't have endless supply?
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:18:32 PM

Well, I wrote a piece for Hacked.com before the ICO and said all you were getting for your money was 40 odd lines of code nothing more and not even a high-level code.I don't own any and never will so I will not spend time on this thread putting it down or rehashing the article but anybody that has any sense will see through this debacle straight away.

Response to “Bancor is Flawed”: https://blog.bancor.network/this-analysis-of-bancor-is-flawed-18ab8a000d43

"You continue to ignore the 60K+ lines of code which power our live-on-mainnet bounty program and public alpha where users can create smart tokens by answering a few questions via a chatbot and utilize a comprehensive webapp compatible with desktop and mobile browsers.

After 20 years of software development across different startups, we simply don’t share your view that this work is worthless. There are very few Ethereum apps that are as easy to use, and just like Coinbase made Bitcoin/Ether accessible to millions, we plan to do the same for user-generated tokens (at first on Ethereum), and we believe that the prospects of that use-case are incredibly exciting.

Also, Martin Koppelmann, the CEO of Gnosis, tweeted a reply to you that their core smart contract codebase is not much bigger, and that it is a good practice to keep the smart contract functionality to a minimum. We do not agree with your method of measuring the value of a protocol by the number of lines in the Solidity code of the smart contract as valid or rational. It would absurdly suggest that solutions such as Coinbase do not add value to the Bitcoin protocol. Or that enormous code bases are somehow inherently more valuable. We encourage you to try out the demo of the product which has won awards at every blockchain competition it was demonstrated at around the world. The idea here is to make token creation as simple as uploading a video to YouTube. We think this is a profound opportunity for the crowd to participate in value creation, beyond content."
Shahrul09

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:38:19 PM

The only question I have here is, "why this FUD now?"  There was plenty of time for the FUD before the ICO broke records with its crwodsale....right?  Why does the FUD begin after all the tokens are sold?  Is somebody trying to get cheap Bancor tokens?
Why would one professor undermine his reputation, i think this is worst that can happen to their profession?

As i understood this is most successful ICO ever, but what is happening with price, this is still around ICO price? Also i would like something to be clarified this token doesn't have endless supply?

https://www.bancor.network/faq/general

Yes BNT token is unlimited. But with the increase number of token, the value will go up along with it.

'Smart tokens are compatible with the ERC20 standard and can be used by any software that supports this standard, such as Ethereum wallets. However, smart tokens offer additional functionality not available to regular tokens. Each smart token holds a reserve balance in one or more other ERC20 tokens, thereby enabling anyone to exchange between itself and any of its reserve token(s). The smart token’s smart contract issues new tokens (expanding the supply) to anyone who purchases it with any of its reserve tokens, and withdraws tokens from the reserves (contracting supply) for anyone choosing to liquidate the smart token. The price of a smart token vis-a-vis any of its reserve tokens is calculated as a ratio between the current smart token’s supply and its reserve balance, at the pre-set CRR (Constant Reserve Ratio.)
Please read our white paper available on the Bancor website for more detailed information about these formulas and their proofs. Essentially, a smart token’s price will always strive to balance supply and demand for the smart token, meaning that when it is being purchased the price is climbing, and when it is being sold, the price is dropping, in relative proportion to the respective transaction sizes.

Now the activation of smart contract is just the beginning. This smart contract just the basis of bancor.

Bancor network token (bnt) will be used as a default reserve when people want to create smart token in its platform.

The BANCOR network token is the Genesis smart token to be deployed, establishing the BANCOR network, functioning as its native currency. The BANCOR token will hold a reserve in ETH.

BANCOR tokens will be issued in a crowdsale. The crowdsale proceeds will be used to deploy and continuously evolve a user-friendly web/chatbot interface for issuing and using tokens in the BANCOR network, to support various efforts for growing the network such as investing in the reserves of new tokens, and to make the initial deposits required to set up a new type of high liquidity decentralized token exchange network based on the Bancor protocol, using 100% CRR token changers.

All smart tokens issued within the Bancor network will hold the BANCOR token as a reserve (though they may also hold additional reserve tokens.) This means that an appreciation in the value of any of the network’s smart tokens will appreciate the value of the BANCOR network token, benefiting all other smart tokens in the BANCOR network, since their reserve balance value will increase.

BANCOR will also be used as a reserve for the token changers that make up its decentralized exchange network. A BANCOR token changer is basically a smart token that holds a 50% CRR reserve in BANCOR, and 50% CRR reserve in an existing, standard ERC 20 token (e.g. REP, GNT, RLC) allowing end-users to easily convert between the two by buying the smart token with one reserve token and selling it for the other. In the future, Bancor plans to support additional tokens as well.
barista1992

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

Trustee Wallet Signature Bounty

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 09:04:49 PM

Hi everyone!

Guys, tell me please, what about bounty which was end? Many people in Russian thread discuss "When the BNCZUK or BNCHDL or any BNC pre-token will be exchange on BNC?"

Maybe i lost any news about this theme, but i still wait and trust, because im participled too.

Thanks about any news. Huh Huh

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 09:36:28 PM

Irrespective of how good or bad an idea this is, it is shoddy to judge its value based on number of lines of Solidity code in the smart contract.
ekin4

Activity: 663
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 09:38:20 PM

Huge dump on Bancor. I bought at ICO but already in a loss now. It's sad to see a dump after this type of big ICO. They raised 120 million dollars but they can't even hold ICO value in exchange.
Olano

Activity: 115
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:14:50 PM

Huge dump on Bancor. I bought at ICO but already in a loss now. It's sad to see a dump after this type of big ICO. They raised 120 million dollars but they can't even hold ICO value in exchange.

I thought ico price was 0.01? its still higher than ico price right? and it has a buyback reserve at ico price, so its pretty safe. Plus the more coins that use it as a reserve the higher its price will be, give it time.

correct me if i am wrong.
ekin4

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:18:04 PM

I thought ico price was 0.01? its still higher than ico price right? and it has a buyback reserve at ico price, so its pretty safe. Plus the more coins that use it as a reserve the higher its price will be, give it time.

correct me if i am wrong.

No, it was 0.14 BTC for 100 BNT because ETH was 0.14 BTC back then.
And 1 ETH = 100 BNT is ICO price. It's under the ICO price now.
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:39:45 PM

Hardly their fault that too many dumb people gave them too much money. The project have absolutely zero responsibility for their own market price.

FOR RENT.
ekin4

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:45:29 PM

Hardly their fault that too many dumb people gave them too much money. The project have absolutely zero responsibility for their own market price.

Yes, it's not their fault but I expected whales to hold the price for at least ICO price. Isn't that weird? Maybe they do that for purpose, they hold coin price under the ICO so bounty hunters will sell their coins cheaper. I don't know but it's not looking good for investors eyes.
adjed

Activity: 400
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:52:02 PM

Funny thing nowadays people don't even bother to read the white paper. They just put the money on ICOS like gambling.
Then you see some crappy projects multiplying their ICO price on a couple days but they complain because Bancor is not doing that..
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 12:12:32 AM

Funny thing nowadays people don't even bother to read the white paper. They just put the money on ICOS like gambling.

Even more funny is that the majority of them always lose in the end, only very minority actually returns investment, but these success stories keep attracting new suckers like smell of shit attracts flies, again and again. Stupid people don't realize that a legit ICO is like a pizza, it can feed only limited number of people. If you split pizza into 12 slices, you can feed 12 persons, but if you split it in 1000 slices, you can feed nobody, because each slice is too small. What ICOs use to do is they split their pizza into million of slices and then sell each slice at a prise of whole pizza. You don't have a pizza, you dumb retards, each of you has a microscopic pizza crumb WHAHAHAHA

ekin4

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 12:21:10 AM

No, the price was 0.01eth and the price on exchanges are over 0.011. Either way you can always sell your bnt to the ether contract and recover 0.01eth/BNT. The price ref was eth not bitcoin not dollar.

Bancor is traded against BTC. when you open Bittrex you see BTC/BNT which is 0.00130. That's under ICO price.
ETH/BTC was 0.14 at that time. Now if you want to buy Bancor you can pay 0.001 BTC cheaper and get it. BTC is all that matters for me.
ngin-x

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 12:46:01 AM

No, the price was 0.01eth and the price on exchanges are over 0.011. Either way you can always sell your bnt to the ether contract and recover 0.01eth/BNT. The price ref was eth not bitcoin not dollar.

Bancor is traded against BTC. when you open Bittrex you see BTC/BNT which is 0.00130. That's under ICO price.
ETH/BTC was 0.14 at that time. Now if you want to buy Bancor you can pay 0.001 BTC cheaper and get it. BTC is all that matters for me.

They have benchmarked Bancor against ETH. So if ETH keeps going down against BTC, naturally Bancor will fall too. Yes, compared to BTC, we are below ICO price now.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 12:49:09 AM

They have benchmarked Bancor against ETH. So if ETH keeps going down against BTC, naturally Bancor will fall too. Yes, compared to BTC, we are below ICO price now.
There's really no one answer to what Bancor price should be benchmarked against. This is a similar conundrum with many ETH-based token sales of late. It seems many investors are longer-time ETH holders, so the alternative to their ICO investments is just to hold on to ETH. On the other hand, many exchanges base prices on BTC, so that's a pretty good reference. Finally, many view prices in USD terms especially when talking about amounts raised, market cap, etc. So you have these three benchmarks - ETH, BTC, and USD. Each investor should determine his/her own benchmark as the best use of funds in the absence of this investment, i.e. if you hadn't invested in Bancor, in what currency would your money be in?
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 04:42:27 AM

There's really no one answer to what Bancor price should be benchmarked against. This is a similar conundrum with many ETH-based token sales of late. It seems many investors are longer-time ETH holders, so the alternative to their ICO investments is just to hold on to ETH. On the other hand, many exchanges base prices on BTC, so that's a pretty good reference. Finally, many view prices in USD terms especially when talking about amounts raised, market cap, etc. So you have these three benchmarks - ETH, BTC, and USD. Each investor should determine his/her own benchmark as the best use of funds in the absence of this investment, i.e. if you hadn't invested in Bancor, in what currency would your money be in?

Yup...if eth rises so does BNT if we're measuring it against the dollar.  Right now ether is down against both the dollar and bitcoin, compared to what it was earlier in the month.  So, if you believe in bancor, then now is the time to buy because we're getting a bargain if we're using USD as the benchmark.
daniweb

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:51:18 AM

Most people don't even know about the price posted at Bancor's site, they just see the price sinking at Bittrex and they panic and sell asap, and everybody else sees that and think that Bancor may not be a good project when people is dumping tokens like crazy, and that hurts this project's image, which is not good for the team nor for investors.

Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 477 »
  Print  

Jump to: