Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:58:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your bitcoins?  (Read 48734 times)
surzy

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 02:08:58 AM

Keeping coins at online not a bad idea also, Kepping it depends on how big the amount is, more the amount, you should increase your security by using different kind of wallets.And as mentioned, Physical wallets are kind of best, but it is also vulnerable, from like thefts, loosing it.
bonfite

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 02:19:24 AM

I'm still relying on the same wallet i used to store my bitcoins two years ago. I've been using Blockchain wallet to keep my btc and a local wallet for converting it to local currency. I will only try to use hard wallet if i had a large amount of bitcoins. I currently use the online wallet "blokchain" for storing my bitcoin. very flexible and easy to use. but I was pretty annoyed with the default fee of blockchain that is high enough
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:43:06 AM

Long term hodlers should obviously target offline means, while traders may want to keep some funds on the exchange. I fall into the latter - risky!

I am a trader as well, and indeed, there is no way to avoid having funds in your exchange account, but as soon as my trading session is done, I withdraw all my coins. Fiat on the other hand remains on exchange as it is very time consuming to move it back and forth. First priority for me are my coins, and as long as they go back to cold storage after every trading session, I am a happy Bitcoiner. Smiley
Etanllah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:25:34 AM

I keep my Bitcoins in an online wallet (Blockchain.info) but I don't have much on there. If I had a lot of bitcoins or was making a large purchase I would definitely keep them in an offline wallet. I do not trust others with my money and I've seen to make stories about sites getting hacked.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:32:12 PM

I keep my Bitcoins in an online wallet (Blockchain.info) but I don't have much on there. If I had a lot of bitcoins or was making a large purchase I would definitely keep them in an offline wallet. I do not trust others with my money and I've seen to make stories about sites getting hacked.
Do not trust blockchain.info online wallet because they are holding your passphrase or back up phrase. I remember when my friend stored around 3 bitcoins there and after a few weeks he received an email that his 2FA was removed and approved and he also received an email saying that his bitcoins are transferred to another bitcoin address and after that it was a not to trust online wallet for me and i just use hardware wallet.
soul-impact

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:45:53 PM

Do not trust blockchain.info online wallet because they are holding your passphrase or back up phrase. I remember when my friend stored around 3 bitcoins there and after a few weeks he received an email that his 2FA was removed and approved and he also received an email saying that his bitcoins are transferred to another bitcoin address and after that it was a not to trust online wallet for me and i just use hardware wallet.

Why do you think they are unreliable? Safety depends entirely on the way you use your wallet. You yourself have disclosed information to someone, so that has happened. With someone not careful, even if you use an offline wallet, but you do not know how to preserve it carefully, at some point you will still lose your wallet.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

notyours

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:50:47 PM

I just store then in my wallet and save it up and wait for the price of Bitcoin to rise since now the price is gradually increasing and a lot are hoping for it to hit the $2000 mark which is very possible and logical as they say base on the past years.
BiTZeD

Activity: 379

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:52:28 PM

I keep them splitted between Ethereum for unactive coins and betting reserve and my Poloniex account for the coins that are being traded. I also have a little amount of bitcoins on Poloniex to be lent.

thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 02:01:27 PM

There is no site that is 100 % secure, if you only have a few btc,so you must store it on  exchange. Many people are using online wallets, but I don't completely trust online sites and feel better having coins on my desktop. I keep 2 wallets. 1 for online bitcoin wallet for my trading profits and also the another one is hardware wallet which is store most of my bitcoins and just keep it aside.
lol an exchange could run away anytime ,
just like cryptsy that scamming people who store thousands bitcoin there ,
paper wallet is the most secure wallet to store your bitcoin ,
noone can get access to the wallet but you!

Not all of the exchanger are not legit and would just run away anytime, of course you are going to keep your bitcoins in a exchanger which is secure and trusted by the people, but it would be better if you are going to use it on Trading, because there is a possibility that your bitcoin will lost if you are just going to store it there.

Storing your bitcoin in a hardware wallet is the best one, because it is very invisible to the hackers since hardware wallet is offline, and you are just going to use it online if you are going to send bitcoins to other people.
hamiltonik

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:29:01 PM

There is no site that is 100 % secure, if you only have a few btc,so you must store it on  exchange. Many people are using online wallets, but I don't completely trust online sites and feel better having coins on my desktop. I keep 2 wallets. 1 for online bitcoin wallet for my trading profits and also the another one is hardware wallet which is store most of my bitcoins and just keep it aside.

Not all of the exchanger are not legit and would just run away anytime, of course you are going to keep your bitcoins in a exchanger which is secure and trusted by the people, but it would be better if you are going to use it on Trading, because there is a possibility that your bitcoin will lost if you are just going to store it there.

Storing your bitcoin in a hardware wallet is the best one, because it is very invisible to the hackers since hardware wallet is offline, and you are just going to use it online if you are going to send bitcoins to other people.

Yes, you are right, keeping the coins in such a purse is the safest.
I used to store bitcoins in a web wallet, but I was told that hackers can hack it. I read about this a lot of articles
prashanta
Copper Member

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:42:56 PM

I'm using online wallet (coinbase) to keep my bitcoins & most part of the bitcoins are used some exchanger for trading. but it's a big question how much safe am I to use these? Huh
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:05:12 PM

I am using an online wallet always, but as of now since I want to save bitcoin for long term use I just download an electrum ang installled it. so far, its ok now.Just save the seed and you are fine. Smiley

Open for Campaigns
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:43:00 PM

I am using an online wallet always, but as of now since I want to save bitcoin for long term use I just download an electrum ang installled it. so far, its ok now.Just save the seed and you are fine. Smiley

Thats better. It is great if everyone saves their BTC or other altcoins, in a local Bitcoin wallet. All the web and exchange website wallets can be compromised anytime from hackers or stealers. Just have kept my day to day usage Bitcoin in a web wallet, all my savings in local desktop wallet.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
duckydonald

Activity: 378

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 07:40:55 PM

Online wallets are risky as there is always an chance of your wallet getting hacked by the hackers and in that case you will be loosing all your bitcoins as once but saving in electrum wallet is really safe as it has great safety measures which will keep your bitcoins intact in it.
optigon

Activity: 340
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 09:10:28 PM

What kind of question is that? I keep my bitcoins in my girlfriend's pussy and ass as I think those are the safest place to save my bitcoins as those are the places where only I can have access to whenever my dick feels to get into it.
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:59:12 PM

i am not saying every exchange is not legit ,
i just state it as security measure in the worst case an exchange could created a drama ,
like they claimed has been compromised , hacked etc ,
but actually they not , too much similar case like this and it shows how you should not go full 100% trust on any third party things.
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:13:19 AM

It's better to store your bitcoin in your bitcoin wallet more safe and more trusted than investing but we know that now all cryptocurrency exchanger are trusted there are also exchanger that scam money when you do exchange.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
Kolder

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:22:10 AM

but we know that now all cryptocurrency exchanger are trusted there are also exchanger that scam money when you do exchange.
Lol. You said that all exchanger was trusted then you said some are scam. It really contradicts each other but anyway, Don't trust your bitcoin on exchange no matter how trusted it is. Because in the past, there are some big trusted exchsnge that turn into scam in a blink of an eye.

fitty

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:22:33 AM

It's better to store your bitcoin in your bitcoin wallet more safe and more trusted than investing but we know that now all cryptocurrency exchanger are trusted there are also exchanger that scam money when you do exchange.

Well probably choose the most reputable wallet in your country. For example here in the Philippines, I found it convenient to store my Bitcoins in Coins.ph. Or, you can make your own hardware wallet, or a paper wallet at least. I highly suggest not to put it in exchanger sites, you cannot guarantee that will not run in a long period of time.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:31:48 AM

That's a common rule of a wallet, I can't say 100% save but almost as long as you do preventive measure correctly.
Different handling according to how much bitcoin you have, if only a little amount, I prefer to save bitcoin in online wallet (but not an exchange) in case I need to do daily transaction but secure your email first and then your wallet with 2fa or anything else.
If you have big amount of bitcoin, offline wallet may the best option to secure it as long as we keep it in a safe place and keep it away from dangerous things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: