Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:34:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your bitcoins?  (Read 48730 times)
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:30:49 PM

To be honest, I know even when my first introduced to Bitcoin that for perfect security I needed to install my own wallet so I could control private keys and such. But on one concern of mine was how I always lost my passwords, what more private keys. Another was my balance is so small (less $10 usd) so I felt it was okay for a web wallet, which I still continue using.
Web wallets are ok for small amounts of money so don’t worry about it, it is only when you accumulate a  greater amount when you need to worry.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jantapw
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:38:06 PM

70% are on exchange and remaining on mycelium wallet
citywise2

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 09:49:24 PM

For now i do reserve bitcoins inside my blockchain.info wallet.
Since i am not trading yet for a safety purpose. So that when ever i maybe ready i will pickup and start.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 09:55:15 PM

you keep your btc trading site. it's good for you because you earn two profit coin or btc price increase. other if you keep btc you choice online wallet that keep all coin.

It's not that good to keep your btc's in a trading site. What I do is I'm keeping it right now on a local exchange and I'm trusting them. Yes, it's your choice if you trust that trading site, then keep your coins there but still don't forget that what we are doing is risky. It is always been good to have a back up hardware wallet.
it is right to keeps it on online wallet. on online wallet you have the oppurtunity to sale or purchase when price exceeds or goes down. but keep in mind when you are choosing a wallet checks its rating on google and choose a trusted one.

They have their very own way of rating the price, they may not be accurate but it's because they need some profit for keeping the site running. But when it comes to trust, that's the most important thing on choosing the best that suites you.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
lemonade09

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:02:48 PM

so bassically i jist store my bitcoin in the bitcoin wallet which i trust in coins.ph it is popular in my country so no doubt it is the best here also many features of it is the best you can buy in many stores..So just hold bitcoin and the price will increase thats mean your money is increasing and your investment.
Zggdrasil

Activity: 123

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:15:02 PM

Some are in Exchanges for trading, rest in so called "cold wallet", some in Jaxx and a part in Electrum.
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:44:10 PM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

for me i save it on local exchanger but for 5-10 years this is very high risk man.. i do not recommended you to save it for long time like 5-10 years . because nobody know about the price of bitcoin in the future Smiley
Do not put your bitcoins in local exchange because even for just a few days it will still be risky for you because exchangers are very attractive for the hackers to hack and get money from that. It is better if you just buy hardware wallet and just put your bitcoins there and it is safer than local exchange and some of the hardware wallets are virus and malware proof so you are very safe.
i agree with you but so far save bitcoin on local exchanger still safety although this is very high risk , this is can use every body if haven't money enough to buy hardware..
Something very scary today to keep their Bitcoin on the exchangers if you can just have personal wallets on a USB flash drive or desktop computer, I can not somehow trust some sites Maybe it's just paranoia

Yeah, I'd prefer to store it on the offline wallet like Electrum than storing it on an exchanger. It is okay if its Altcoins, becuase I'm just going to wait for the right time, its PUMP to come and then I will sell it and buy again another Altcoins that I will use in Trading. But storing bitcoin on the exchangers is not really a good idea, becuase based on my experienced, if you are going to store your bitcoin on it, where you are going to hold it, it will just vanish, and if you are going to contact their support about it, the only thing that will say this to you is it is there, it is just hanging on there somewhere, some errors or bugs just happened regarding to your bitcoin.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:49:50 PM

Unfortunately I sold most of my coins at $1200, and the very small amount that I got left, I have it evenly distributed between a couple of wallets and three exchanges.
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:56:18 PM

Unfortunately I sold most of my coins at $1200, and the very small amount that I got left, I have it evenly distributed between a couple of wallets and three exchanges.
No problem man, you can keep saving you weekly or monthly income to reback what you sold. By the way, you should save a lot than buying them. I mean saving around 80% of your profit. If you do that you can enjoy seeing bitcoin price fly to the moon and without any losses or regret

Good luck.

dwieyani

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 02:41:56 AM

I have to know what kind of coins I have to store and who have the resilience of how long these coins are, must have used a very hard wallet as well in order to hold the coins for the next few years.
farl2web

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 06:15:07 AM

I have to know what kind of coins I have to store and who have the resilience of how long these coins are, must have used a very hard wallet as well in order to hold the coins for the next few years.
With the fact that for us will be I will only go up then you will need a really very hard purse to save all your wealth. Perhaps there are some recommendations you have something I ask to share. I hope that this complication will not arise at all.
LegendOF45

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 08:16:03 AM

I think if we let stand bitcoin then there will be increased, I prefer to use the bitcoin for trading, following ICO coin so that bitcoin be increased. and it's been proven over the last 7 months.
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 08:53:20 AM

Every time i receive my income, i always make sure that it was on a safe place, i always secure it, to prevent from losing it. I always stored it in different wallet so that it is not prone to hacking.
And some are in my bank account to make it safe and easy to withdraw when the time comes that i need money.
Its better to make sure the safety of the money you work hard than to let anyone to take it from you.
Nanda Dewi277

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 09:34:28 AM

Every time i receive my income, i always make sure that it was on a safe place, i always secure it, to prevent from losing it. I always stored it in different wallet so that it is not prone to hacking.
And some are in my bank account to make it safe and easy to withdraw when the time comes that i need money.
Its better to make sure the safety of the money you work hard than to let anyone to take it from you.
Yes I also like that, I also save my coin with different wallet, and I also rarely save 1 BTC in one wallet, sometimes 1 BTC I scatter in all of my wallets so if hack do not lose everything.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▄▄
              ▄▀          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▄
            █        ▄▀▀                  ▀▀▄   ▀▄
          █      ▄▀                ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄   ▀▄          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
  █     █     █                ▄▀            ▀    ▀        ▄▄▀▀   █████  ▀▀▄
█  █▄█     █   ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▌                          ▄▀     ███████         █
█       ▀▀▄▄▀▀  ▄▄   █  █                      ▄▀    ████████           █
  █   ▀██▄▄   ███   █    █                 █▀  ██████████        █  █
    ▀▄   ███████     ▀▀▄ ▀▄▄    ▄▄▀▀    ████   ████      █  █  █
        ▀▄▄     ██████    ▀▀█▄▀▀     ████████████  █  █  █  █
              ▀█   ██████▄▄          █████████████    █  █  █  █
                 █   █████████████████████████  ▄▀  █  █ █
                  █    ███████████████████████  ▄▀▄▀▄▀ █
                   █     ████████████████████   ▄▀▄▀ ▄▀ █
                     █          █████████████    ▄▄▀▄▀ ▄▀  █
                       ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄▄  █████ ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ ▄▀    █
                           ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄▄▀▀   ▄▀       █
                               ▀▄        ███          ▄▄▀▄   █   █
                                   ▀▄ ███     ▄▄▀▀       ▀▄  ▄█
                                 ▄▀      ▄▄▀▀                  ▀▀
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀
  W h a l e  M a k e r

||
▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬
A Fundraising Platform for
Massive Disruption
||
         ▄▄              ▄▄
        ███           ███
   ▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██                     ▄▄▄      ██
██           ▄▄    ████      ██
██        ████  ████       ██
██      ██     ██    ▀        ██
██    ██        ▀               ██
██▄                             ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████▀
Governance &
Rewards
                  ▄███▄
                    ███
  ▄███▄          █           ▄███▄
    ███     ▄███████▄    ███
         █▄█████░████▄█
   ▄     █████░░░█████       ▄
  ██  █████░███▄█████   ███
██████████░░░███████████
  ██   █████████░█████  ███
   ▀     █████░░░█████       ▀
          █▀████░████▀█
      ███    ▀██████▀   ███
    ▀███▀        █          ▀██▀
                    ███
                  ▀███▀
Smart-Funding
Aggregator &
Staking
||▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬ OCEAN PAPER ▬▬▬▬▬
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 10:32:51 AM

70% are on exchange and remaining on mycelium wallet
Are you trader? If you're a trader it might not be a problem to keep most of your bitcoin in a trade because it's certainly for work purposes ?
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:02:29 PM

Storing on trading and exchange site is not really advisable specially for high amounts of bitcoins being stored there,anytime no matter how strong the site is its may still get hacked by  someone and easily steal money from all users on the site
CoinTasker

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 12:20:31 PM

I use a keepkey and I absolutely love it, it supports BTC, ETH, LTC, DOGE, and DASH. You can also instantly trade between the different coins as it is integrated with Shapshift.io although I did use shapeshift with a trade valued over 4k and it screwed up balances for a day but eventually came through. It was just scary. Other than that its an incredible device and I highly recommend it. you can see my review on the keepkey here
https://cointasker.com/bitcoin-blog/keepkey-review-hardware-wallet-first-impressions/

doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:30:34 PM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

Try the offline wallets like Electrum, because it is much safer than the online wallets like blockchain, because online wallets are very vulnerable to the hackers, and especially if you do have a lot of bitcoin, storing it online would make a big risk for you. if you want back ups, then make a paper wallet but make sure that you are going to keep it on the safe place where you wouldn't forget it as time pass by.

Also you could try the hardware wallet, though it is a little bit expensive, but you are sure that your bitcoin is in the safe place. Smiley
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:38:29 PM

Storing on trading and exchange site is not really advisable specially for high amounts of bitcoins being stored there,anytime no matter how strong the site is its may still get hacked by  someone and easily steal money from all users on the site

Normally trading site fees for the sending the fund the wallet used to be higher than the normal online and desktop wallet. Personally, I recommend you to have desktop wallet for your bitcoin savings.
But I do not think It will be hacked. If you search a site like blockchain and login using the details with the user and pass means it may get hacked.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:33:50 PM

Normally trading site fees for the sending the fund the wallet used to be higher than the normal online and desktop wallet. Personally, I recommend you to have desktop wallet for your bitcoin savings.
But I do not think It will be hacked. If you search a site like blockchain and login using the details with the user and pass means it may get hacked.

Then If you are connected to the internet there is a high probability that your gonna be hack by someone then I think to connect at all, but I think there is a security properties for every bitcoin wallet that is rather trustworthy on their part, I think the hackers intentionally wants to hack our wallet will probably have a hard time in hacking to the system of bitcoin, but there are banks that had been hack by hackers and they done it connecting online where all funds and money have been transfer to one account and we are not talking about bitcoin this is online transaction and hackers have done a DNS redirect attack the hackers could steal login credentials at sites hosted at the bank’s legitimate web addresses.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: