Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:32:40 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your bitcoins?  (Read 48735 times)
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1268

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 03:24:45 AM

currently using blockchain.info wallet, since I don't trade with huge amounts of bitcoin and I'm keeping it safe as much as I can and also, as soon as I recieve the bitcoin, I trade it asap for fiat so I barely have anything on my wallet right now. Smiley
I keep my bitcoin in online wallet because I know that my bitcoin is safe and secure. If you have an online wallet you can use it to pay bills and buy the things in the online market using your bitcoin in your wallet. Having online wallet is nice to all bitcoin users because they can deposit their bitcoin easily.

I hope that one day when you wake up, you will see all of your bitcoin disappear and you will send a thousand support ticket to the website and you will still receive nothing from them. Then, you will regret for using online wallet because they are all deceivers and robbers
Are you serious if all online wallets are robbers? Because I only heard few complaints from some people who lost their coins or money on their wallets, but to my knowledge those who lost their money said they lost their coins because they were hacked.
That's a huge trust issue man, that's not healthy. Not everything would be taken care of in an exchange or in an online wallet, you just have to protect it using your own. It's your fault if you left it hanging there in the online wallet where hackers could get it easily. There are websites that have protection but it's better safe than sorry. Control your private keys, and you'll be safe.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
cindayou

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:06:19 AM

I keep bitcoin in some local and international wallet exchanger. I use both wallets because I focus on trading, and saving in local wallet exchanger makes it easy for me to withdraw cash
itsallpc

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:08:01 AM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

I would suggest you to use Electrum wallet which im using for past two years.Its safe and secure to store bitcoins in it.A seed is generated during registration for password which could be used for recovering the account in future.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 04:12:13 AM

I keep bitcoin in some local and international wallet exchanger. I use both wallets because I focus on trading, and saving in local wallet exchanger makes it easy for me to withdraw cash

Well, if you considering to store bitcoins for the long term then maintaining a cold storage is recommended. Keeping all the funds on the exchange or web wallet is not a wise idea as we have experienced the hacking incident in the past. We can secure our account using advance features like 2fa but we simply can't do anything about the site's database security. Using web wallets or exchanges for regular transaction is a convinient though.
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:54:24 PM

currently using blockchain.info wallet, since I don't trade with huge amounts of bitcoin and I'm keeping it safe as much as I can and also, as soon as I recieve the bitcoin, I trade it asap for fiat so I barely have anything on my wallet right now. Smiley
I keep my bitcoin in online wallet because I know that my bitcoin is safe and secure. If you have an online wallet you can use it to pay bills and buy the things in the online market using your bitcoin in your wallet. Having online wallet is nice to all bitcoin users because they can deposit their bitcoin easily.

I hope that one day when you wake up, you will see all of your bitcoin disappear and you will send a thousand support ticket to the website and you will still receive nothing from them. Then, you will regret for using online wallet because they are all deceivers and robbers
Are you serious if all online wallets are robbers? Because I only heard few complaints from some people who lost their coins or money on their wallets, but to my knowledge those who lost their money said they lost their coins because they were hacked.
That's a huge trust issue man, that's not healthy. Not everything would be taken care of in an exchange or in an online wallet, you just have to protect it using your own. It's your fault if you left it hanging there in the online wallet where hackers could get it easily. There are websites that have protection but it's better safe than sorry. Control your private keys, and you'll be safe.
Then where should i keep bitcoin?
Is it if I keep it on blockchain.info still unsafe?
Are sites such as online wallets, exchanges etc that have been famous and most popular that has stood for a long time also has trust and positive feedback can still be hacked which means it is not safe for us to save bitcoin there?
Can you give a safe wallet recommendation to use, whether it is an online wallet or a good offline wallet to use.
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 02:47:57 PM

I keep my bitcoins on a offline wallet which I keep just to store, otherwise I have my bitcoins on localbitcoins(low volume) in case i'm outside and need some money in my bank account. It works very well for me and I'm very happy with it as of now. Smiley
As of now Im also hoarding my bitcoin in an offline wallet my cousin reffered to me, like what he is using right now. Waiting for the price to rise up and im converting it to my country's currency and hoard haha. It is very handy and convenient for me as a student. Im very contented with it right now.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:42:13 PM

Then where should i keep bitcoin?
Is it if I keep it on blockchain.info still unsafe?
Are sites such as online wallets, exchanges etc that have been famous and most popular that has stood for a long time also has trust and positive feedback can still be hacked which means it is not safe for us to save bitcoin there?
Can you give a safe wallet recommendation to use, whether it is an online wallet or a good offline wallet to use.
Depends on the amount of bitcoin you want to store in the wallet.
Web wallets (without having the private key) could be safe for the amount you can afford to lose any time without causing problems to yourself.
Wallets on PC or laptop (having the private key) could be good for bigger amounts you cannot afford to lose easily.
All the other coins should be kept in safe place like paper wallet, offline wallet on PC without internet access, or in hardware wallets like Trezor or similars. The price of the hardware wallets determines that you need to have a decent amount of bits if you want to buy a hardware wallet. It's all about handling risk, you can decide your way depending on your own need.
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:55:18 AM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

To my knowledge,Electrum wallet is the best wallet to store bitcoins safely.We could set transaction fee manually.I have been using it for the past three years.No problem found yet.
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:49:09 PM

My wallet's name is Coins.ph. That is the wallet that is used by many Filipinos because of its exclusiveness and I'm using coins and easy to use because there are banks near our place and coins have contact on those banks and its easy to withdraw money that I'm earning here. In coins.ph there were no fees in withdrawing, no fees in giving money to someone, but the wallet they own should be coins also or else it would be consider as an external wallet so there would be a fee. I believe on other wallets they have fees in withdrawing so I trusts coins.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:17:14 PM

I dont trust all exchange sites wallets in keeping my bitcoins even though they say that they are secured,because i already experience hacking issues on some exchange sites so i dont trust all site now,i always use store my bitcoins on paper wallets
using third party wallet service would never make you as secure as when you used your own paper wallet, that's the most secure wallet i would recommend yeah a paper wallet, it's free from hacking as there's no internet connection. a hacking happened due there's a constant connection and someone get the information through that connection. a traditional way far better i mean paper wallet sounds like a traditional way to hide your cash.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 356

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:18:22 PM

I will keep my bitcoin in the most secured wallet which  the developers didn't know your account and then I own the private key called as cold wallet. I don't wanna keep my bitcoin in online wallets because you know it will make your bitcoin to be risky. But if I want to cashout I will transfer the exact amount that I wanted to cashout in the online wallets.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Humanxlemming

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:44:42 PM

I will keep my bitcoin in the most secured wallet which  the developers didn't know your account and then I own the private key called as cold wallet. I don't wanna keep my bitcoin in online wallets because you know it will make your bitcoin to be risky. But if I want to cashout I will transfer the exact amount that I wanted to cashout in the online wallets.
Excactly, instead of keeping it in any online wallets why not to keep it in your cold wallet, Ledger Nano, and Trezor. There's so many ways to keep our bitcoin againts in scammer. Anyways i don't keep my butcoin because i knew it rise and bitcoin would reach $10,000 anytime so i decide to sell my bitcoin just to buy altcoin.
Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:18:22 PM

I keep my bitcoin in online wallet to make it secure and safe. Also having online wallet will help you to pay your bill and transfer money easily. Some people use offline wallet but I think it’s good to use online wallet.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:32:50 PM

yes i am doing it too, i am saving my money in an online wallet, i have a trust on it because it has a many security options before the hackers might hack your account. many of my friends are using it too, aside of using the online wallet, they are using electrum too. i thing having a two kinds or options of wallet is useful too.

chichan13

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:03:25 PM

I use an online wallet service also. It's risk, but there is no problem for me because I don't have much money.
As you want to make a large investment, I think you should migrate to another service like a cold wallet. However, I can't guarantee you if doing this your money will be full safe. And don't wait 5-10 years to visit again, bitcoin price can increase, but can drop also, nobody knows.
I store my bitcoin in online wallet that keep my bitcoin safe and secure. Having online wallet will totally keep your money safe and no one’s will try to stealth it and you can a sure that.
jamespx

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:57:46 AM

Aside from using it as a place to buy bitcoins, I keep my coins at Paxful
because it's a wallet and I wanna buy something from Amazon from time to time
and I get my gift cards there.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:00:54 AM

Same with me, i used to keep my btc in  local exchanges and also i have my electrum wallet. In local exchange i can used it to top up my mobile and then I can easily convert it to fiat and withdraw in my local bank. I have also bitcoins in some exchanges for easy trading.
zarintasnim

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 09:19:59 AM

I use coinbase wallet to keep my bitcoin. Coinbase wallet use lot of people. Because it use very easy . Anybody can keep and withdrew easily.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:25:09 AM

Same with me, i used to keep my btc in  local exchanges and also i have my electrum wallet. In local exchange i can used it to top up my mobile and then I can easily convert it to fiat and withdraw in my local bank. I have also bitcoins in some exchanges for easy trading.
I hold a small portion in the exchange for trading need. Rest were mostly placed into a blockchain wallet. I find it to be more secure, though it's an online wallet. I have never did a mobile recharge with bitcoin, because the recharge amounts will be low for which we need to higher transaction fee for which it's good to use fiat for recharge.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 01:59:02 PM

Well this is a good idea to keep the bitcoin in the exchange for an easy trade but I have some concerns about doing so.
Is it safe to keep your Bitcoin in the exchange whether local or international ?

I think this is a bit risky because if something happened to the exchange like in the past you will be lost with all your holdings.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: