Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:53:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your bitcoins?  (Read 48734 times)
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:02:36 PM

I store my bitcoin on its trusted and secure online web site, and in addition to make it easier for me to swap it into the currency if I need it, and a small portion of the bitcoin I have, I invest and part of it I keep on trading sites to continue to grow and generate profits doubled
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:15:09 PM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

i store my bitcoins on android app wallet ,with built in exchange and cash out option for easy withdrawals but the problem is i dont hold the private keys but i think its its ok for now because i dont earn and hold much bitcoins but soon im planning soon to buy a hardware wallet like trezor for my bitcoins to get extra protection and more safety to avoid my coins getting hacked or stolen by a spyware or malware.
yohan09

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:16:10 PM

Saving bitcoins through wallet , from time to time monitor the fluctuation and if the price sound good then convert into cash and store it to the bank. Im not going to invest all my money through bitcoin, im not so sure how it works in the future. I just enjoy the trend and the impact  reflects to our society.
Samueltalk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:26:44 AM

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

I will fix the coins in a safer place, and can not be broken by haker. With five rare versions ...
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:58:47 AM

Saving bitcoins through wallet , from time to time monitor the fluctuation and if the price sound good then convert into cash and store it to the bank. Im not going to invest all my money through bitcoin, im not so sure how it works in the future. I just enjoy the trend and the impact  reflects to our society.
Based on your statement you are liking invested all your money in bitcoin because you are doing that habit and that is like for investor who are very concious for their investment and i think it is not a good habit for a good investor. Investor need to resist the price of bitcoin if it is high and they need to continue holding to get more profits in the future.
Ronni

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:07:31 AM

I just keep my bitcoins here because different banks dont accept bitcoins.
Today, there is no bank that accept bitcoins, if there is, it is just few.
But for now, i am keeping my bitcoins in where they gave it to me and i dont transfer it to any other accounts.

▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬          ♦     Betnomi     ♦          ▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬
300% Deposit Bonus       //     100% Rakeback     //     20% Weekly Cashback
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄   ▄
Senja Kemuning

Activity: 553

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:15:40 AM

I save bitcoin in the web wallet, if balance I think is big then I immediately move to vault so it is more secure and takes longer time to be issued. Offline wallet seems good, but I'm not very familiar with the various settings.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 945

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 04:17:46 AM

I use Coinomi wallet inb4 #mobilewalletsarenotsecure.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
magmar

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:34:43 AM

I just simply hold it on my wallet. It is not that much so I think no one would take the risk to stole it from me. But if ever that my money will grow up to millions I will level up my security and I will hold my wallet in an offline mode. I know there are some wallets that can be used offline and I will use that in order to secure my money. Or I can simply cashed it out and let the banks secured my money. I know that if I let the bank control the half of my money it will be somehow much secured than in online wallet.
balakang00

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:00:06 AM

Well, as of now i use blockchain.info wallet. I'm not trading big amounts of bitcoin so i use this kind of wallet. Everytime i earn bitcoin i immediately store it there. I don't usually cash out my bitcoin because i'd like storinf it until it grows bigger and bigger.

Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:08:41 AM

It is ignorant to tell anybody where or how you store or access cryptocurrencies. You are asking to be hacked. Opsec, learn it.
Phillionex Project

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:43:04 PM

Like most people i prefer my mobile wallet and keeping my private keys safe..and multi sig wallet
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:51:38 PM

Currently there are several WEB sites that provide services to store bitcoin that we have. and I myself have saved BTC on one of the websites which I think is quite safe. besides it has some features that at the same time we can to do trading if I want to do trading. even this site is very easy to transfer to an account that I have in the bank. but that does not mean I can be 100% sure of security when I save BTC I have on this site. of course there will be a risk that can be if we are not careful in BTC storage that I have. so BTC that I have still safe that I do is if I saved BTC enough I will soon exchange it into USD so I can transfer to an account that I have in the bank. I do so that the BTC assets I have will remain safe.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:24:51 PM

I store my bitcoins in a wallet, it is coins.ph and there I store up my earned bitcoins. When I don't need to cash out money, I just keep my bitcoins there. It is safe and reliable to use, and also, easy to understand how to use it. For now, I haven't verified my account so I can't cash out my bitcoins.
Same with me. I just keep Bitcoin in my wallet with a purpose that Bitcoin will bring to me more income in the future. Sometimes I change Bitcoin into cash and send it to bank. However, I recommend you guys should keep your Bitcoin in your wallet on the internet.
I don't recommend storing a lot of bitcoin in a third party app because of the possibility of them running away with it if they can. The chances of that are low but still it's better to be safe than sorry. I don't agree with you keeping your funds in a wallet connected in the internet making it a hot wallet.
Well he didn't specifically say that he's storing in a large number of Bitcoins in his wallet. Also he didn't also mentioned if he's only using just one online wallet for his Bitcoin so don't make any assumptions whatsoever. However, you're also right, it is not recommended to store up Bitcoin in an online wallet in that specific period of time. It is more likely safe to store it in a hardware wallet, I mean it has a lot of security since it works offline. But the only drawback in this is that, keep away the device that you've used to any sort of possibilities that it could catch any virus, or else you'll lose all of your Bitcoin.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:36:27 PM

I got from a wallet purse offline. It is not cheap but very cool and safe.
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:45:55 AM

for now my bitcoin i keep it to the trading site because i want to continue to grow up my bitcoin. but I need more information about this trading or what is legit site to trade my bitcoin for good profits to be satisfied with all received.
It could be the good way to use and keep your bitcoin but there are a lot of sites to keep bitcoin in try to use the well trusted site for me the best way to save your bitcoin is to divide your bitcoin In different places so that when one of those place will find closed we will use the other one in this case we have the back up so we will not loss our bitcoin at all.
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:22:05 AM

I store my bitcoins in a wallet, it is coins.ph and there I store up my earned bitcoins. When I don't need to cash out money, I just keep my bitcoins there. It is safe and reliable to use, and also, easy to understand how to use it. For now, I haven't verified my account so I can't cash out my bitcoins.
Same with me. I just keep Bitcoin in my wallet with a purpose that Bitcoin will bring to me more income in the future. Sometimes I change Bitcoin into cash and send it to bank. However, I recommend you guys should keep your Bitcoin in your wallet on the internet.
I don't recommend storing a lot of bitcoin in a third party app because of the possibility of them running away with it if they can. The chances of that are low but still it's better to be safe than sorry. I don't agree with you keeping your funds in a wallet connected in the internet making it a hot wallet.
Well he didn't specifically say that he's storing in a large number of Bitcoins in his wallet. Also he didn't also mentioned if he's only using just one online wallet for his Bitcoin so don't make any assumptions whatsoever. However, you're also right, it is not recommended to store up Bitcoin in an online wallet in that specific period of time. It is more likely safe to store it in a hardware wallet, I mean it has a lot of security since it works offline. But the only drawback in this is that, keep away the device that you've used to any sort of possibilities that it could catch any virus, or else you'll lose all of your Bitcoin.
Ever since I started making use of Bitcoin I have only been using online wallets– Xapo, Coinbase and Blockchain. I haven’t encountered any problem with them and the three of them has 2 factor authentication.

Though I’m interested in trying out hardware wallets like legder Nano S and Trezor because I’ve heard they’re well secured.
LieTOme

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:24:12 AM

right now I am keeping my bitcoin assets by making wallet ofline because in exchange I am less sure. since the bcc-e crowded case I no longer believe in the exchanger
Snapsnaggen

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:39:29 AM

I personally store my Bitcoins on a Paper Wallet. Its very easy to use and also easy to store.
But make sure you keep your paper save in a safe. Also i recommend not taking pictures of the paper.
I made one copy of it, just in case i lose one.

But if i'm going to invest more then 1000$ on Bitcoin, i would store it in a USB. There are many Hardware wallets
out there. I would recommend TRESOR.

Hope i could help anyone with this information  Tongue
Shofiqul

Activity: 258
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

I hold a tiny bit in the exchange for trading need.Rest were generally put into a coinbase wallet. I watch it to be more secure, however it's an online wallet. I have never did a flexible resuscitate with bitcoin, in light of the way that the empower aggregates will be low for which we need to higher trade charge for which it's extraordinary to use fiat for restore.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: