Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:48:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your bitcoins?  (Read 48735 times)
aanbudi

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:44:45 AM

I save my Bitcoin, in the wallet Exchanger to easily convert to my local currency IDR, when needed.
Lancelot04

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:48:32 AM

I don't know if I should tell it here because of many hackers roaming off the internet, but I will tell it anyway. Some of my Bitcoin are on exchanges for trading, and some of it is hidden on my computer with the private keys that is very secure because I wrote it down at didn't save it on the computer or any other tools inside a computer. I keep it with my life.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:55:59 AM

Actually because of the volatily of bitcoin, I am not keeping huge amount of bitcoin in my wallet.
This how I do.
For example : I have 0.004 bitcoin, then I will convert it to peso. My currency in Philippines,
But it doesn't actually mean that I will convert all.
I keep some bitcoin.
With the price of some like 200 peso converted into bitcoin form my investment.
And sometimes I'm investing in any trusted sites.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:07:19 AM

I practically have account in all the online wallets but I don't use them and its because of the conflicting information on the forum that one have to read on the safest one to use. I use blockchain mostly because of its flexibility why I also use Electrum for long term savings and basically its due to August 1 need to coins safe.
Use different online wallet is good to determine which online wallet is the best one.  Blockchain wallet is very good in flexibility and transparency in showing a transaction on bitcoin.  In this wallet we can see the hours,  date,  month,  year,  a transaction on the bitcoin is done.  There is good feature in this wallet namely quick send, by using this feature we can send bitcoin without having to set the amount of fee. I'll keep using this wallet for store small amount of bitcoin no matter what.
even without setting a set of fees it will make you lose money #imo,, usually a blockchain will provide a fee recommendation for your transaction to be confirmed in less than 10 minutes but at least you need 30k-50ksatoshi for fee in the blockchain and it's a very expensive fee right? whereas I can use fee only 10k satoshi using other wallet (cheaper)? I myself use the exchange to store my bitcoin lol. at least I get a cheap fee,, because I include people who often make transactions using bitcoin

Mr.john

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:22:16 AM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

For me, im just want to keep my bitcoin by investing on it. I will hold it for a very long period of time, and i will wait the time that the price of bitcoin is so very high. To invest, is a good way that i think to keep my bitcoin, because my money will have a possibility to become double or to increase it numbers and by investing in bitcoin for me i am so profitable on it. In bitcoin it is very safety to keep our earned some BTC on it, and im sure that  it is not easy to hack our account, by the hackers. In addition, i keep my bitcoin because of my future purpose in my life, i want to keep bitcoin in long period of time, so in future if i will get old i have my own money that i can used into my life, so i can depend into myself not to ohters. Finally, i believe that after so many years i will have so many bitcoins, just for now im just want to keep my bitcoin.
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:47:24 AM

I don't have much bitcoins with me but whatever I have I keep them invested in a few places like if I have enough coins to buy a physical coin then I buy it as i like physical coins so I put some of my bitcoins in them, if there is a new project coming in which I am having intrest then I invest my coins in there. The balance that I have remaining I keep in my hardware wallet.
hardiyanto

Activity: 66

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:33:06 AM

I save my bitcoin on a secure exchange. for if I suddenly need money I can trade it for it in my country.

Hasan905

Activity: 145
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:37:24 AM

I keep my bitcoin on coinbase. It is safe and easy to use and there is no transection fee between coinbase user.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:51:46 AM

for sure i keep my bitcoin in mycelium, jaxx, coinomi, bitcoin core wallet although i have the other btc in poloniex and bittrex exchanges. until now i am trading btc pair fiat so i have opportunity to increase my bitcoin amount. after i got profit, i send it into my other wallet like i mention above so i can keep more bitcoin in my wallet.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:06:28 AM

The best way to store bitcoins is with hardware wallet and you can easily download it. And of course for backing up just make sure you got a proper storage of that wallet so that whenever you want to get it, you can have it easily. Online wallets are risky but if you do trust them go for it, just make sure you are aware of what can happen to them anytime.
Yes, better to save bitcoins in wallets.All the wallets are well secured when it was made. choose one of them and save it safe. Once bitcoins comes into btc address in wallet, i usually exchange it for paying bills. My basic things are bought with bitcoins.
kafiddrhman

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:18:22 AM

For now i still store bitcoins in online wallets and exchange sites, but until now i've never had a problem with all those services. I keep it on the exchange site because to facilitate me in trading transactions with altcoin.
tyronecoinbit

Activity: 359

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:42:44 AM

For now i still store bitcoins in online wallets and exchange sites, but until now i've never had a problem with all those services. I keep it on the exchange site because to facilitate me in trading transactions with altcoin.
I also store my bitcoin in an online wallet and I don't also encountered any problem on it. For me, it's so legit that I don't have to worry and I can easily convert my btc into fiat. And I can easily pay my bills using that wallet. Anyway, I guess it's more secure when your wallet is 2fa supported.
primeminer

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:08:28 AM

i save Bitcoin in wallet online as Blockchain.info and Coinbase because both wallet it's very safe and very simple to use.
doblok

Activity: 285

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:23:13 AM

I keep some bitcoin in my eth wallet and some I use as capital also meets the daily needs of the family.
cramblimp

Activity: 74

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:38:43 PM

We are all concerns about our bitcoins. I'm just keeping my bitcoin to my online wallet. I save all my bitcoin from that and hold in a few days waiting for the price to get more profit on it. If the price goes up I will cash it out to buy some stuff.
Succurs

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:46:07 AM

For me i consider you shoud use a paper wallet or make your own self-importance adress so you can have your personal non-public crucial. Nonetheless the greatest factor to retailer your bitcoins is in a paper wallet.or just shop your personal essential on some usb but nonetheless you ought to have a backup incase your usb gets corrupted. Or just place it in your local bitcoin wallet that you can believe in.
ChrisJansen

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:32:23 AM

For trading i keep some, as little as possible in my exchanges wallet, but do not reccommend it to my friends. I advise them the offline wallet generator and then keeping the paper wallets (private keys) stored safely -in some cases in parts- at different locations. I would not want to lose my precious btc's in case of fire etc. I started working with the nano-s recently but do not like that i am not able to import private keys directly. Also need to find my way around all the chrome based wallet apps and entering my pincode repeatedly. I use electrum if i want to get the paper wallets to turn from cold to hot / live storage.
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:38:38 AM

of course I put my Bitcoin in the wallet, and some of my Bitcoin play in trading, profit from trading I put some in the wallet back , in future i want  want to invesment my Bitcoin ..

Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:39:42 AM

I personally don't trust any third party to hold my bitcoin, unless I actually have access to the coins, and an example of this is a multisig wallet, where I have two of the three keys.

Third party sites may be reputable, but in the event of an accident or even an attack against you from their end, it's their word against yours. And in nearly all cases, their word wins.

I wrote an extensive guide on this here - https://forum.bitcoin.com/alternative-clients/overview-bitcoin-wallets-what-s-the-best-for-you-t11689.html

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
The Monkey King

Activity: 284

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:19:20 PM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

As for me, I consider that you shoud use a paper wallet or a coin wallet to keep your bitcoins. As we all know, we are all concerns about our bitcoins and how to keep our bitcoins safely. And I'm just keeping my bitcoins to an online wallet. I save all my bitcoins and hold it in a few days then wait for the price to get higher for a more earnings of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: