Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:04:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your bitcoins?  (Read 48736 times)
abyaby123

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:01:06 AM

Currently i am not holding it.  But soon i will try to keep my Bitcoins and will wait for getting it at higher price. Most online Bitcoin wallets provide the option of a 2 factor authentication process. This means that whenever you log on you’re required to authenticate yourself with an additional step other than your password. Most of the time this will be a verification text message sent to your phone. Even though this may feel cumbersome at times, using 2 factor authentication reduces the risk of theft drastically.
Rudi Setya

Activity: 479

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:11:56 AM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

you can save in hardware wallet save your device save your private key and use 2fa
maybe its so high risk invesment in long time can loss all your balance and so high profit if bitcoin increase high price

Lucas 777

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:34:13 AM

online storage is bad way  so i use my offline wallet with my priavte key

only access to my wallet throw  pc which i only use it to send money from my wallet  to other temp wallet
Loni

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:57:31 AM

I keep bitcoins in online wallet and also use mobile wallet for making transactions when I'm not at home.
Monro3000

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 12:23:26 PM

I keep my bitcoin on the exchange because it does not matter what will happen to him. It is important what price it will be Tongue

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE
medha2009

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:34:08 PM

I save Bitcoin using an online wallet service. It's a risk to be true, but there is no problem for me because I do not have much money.
If you want to make a big investment, I think you save a bitcoin in a good wallet. However, I can not guarantee you if it will be your money completely safe. And do not wait 5-10 years to see again, Bitcoin can increase the price, but it can also drop.
Succurs

Activity: 52

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:27:23 PM

I use coinbase wallet to keep my bitcoin. Coinbase wallet use lot of folks. Since it use very straightforward . Any individual can hold and withdrew easily.
Panah Arjuna

Activity: 195

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:14:48 PM

I suggest to store in two places. use your wallet off line and use your wallet online. because you will not be watching your wallet for a long time and if possible spreading your money to different wallet, that way you reduce the chance to lose your money at once , the important thing is to keep your private key safe and remember to keep it, because you will be investing coins for a long time.
SLaPShoCk

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:51:01 PM

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

I like to keep my bitcoin through different wallets for safety. If you have large amount of bitcoin or more than 1 bitcoin, i suggest you put it in a hardwallet. 1bitcoin or less you can put it in a wallet where in you hold your private keys such as electrum.

xBitHodler

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:58:11 PM

Right now I'm using Electrum. I didn't want to use Bitcoin Core because I would have to download 150 GB of blockchain history data. Electrum doesn't require me to do so and also I can control my private keys. I still haven't decided if I should buy Ledger or Trezor. Ledger seems to be better for me because it supports many altcoins and there aren't any knows attacks that work on it.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:58:58 PM

right now I feel safe when the bitcoin I have is already in the offline wallet because when I save in the exchanger I fear if a case like BTC-e happens again. we never know

Our bitcoins are safe and sound in an offline wallet. And that's what I'm doing since then, before I'm storing my bitcoin to an online wallet and exchangers. But many people here suggested when I was new that it's not safe to store my bitcoins there and what happened was they are right. The local wallet that I'm using started to act crazy and many of their customers now are complaining.

Yes.My suggestions for all the bitcoin holders is just keep your bitcoin in offline wallet.Why I am saying is ,many hackers are stealing the bitcoin in the online wallet by the IP address. So better to keep your bitcoin in offline wallet to make it safe for very long period.

I think there is no problem to store bitcoin in online wallet, as long as it is not for a long time. Store bitcoin in online wallet only to wait for percentage of coins if you want to trade

There's no problem in it if the amount you'll put there isn't too high. Be cautious on what's possible to happen with those online wallets and exchange that the eyes of the hackers and lazy faggots are in them. They are trying everything just to penetrate into their hot wallet and later on will send funds to their own wallet address and those funds, possibly that one of the bitcoin there is yours.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:36:57 PM

right now I feel safe when the bitcoin I have is already in the offline wallet because when I save in the exchanger I fear if a case like BTC-e happens again. we never know

Our bitcoins are safe and sound in an offline wallet. And that's what I'm doing since then, before I'm storing my bitcoin to an online wallet and exchangers. But many people here suggested when I was new that it's not safe to store my bitcoins there and what happened was they are right. The local wallet that I'm using started to act crazy and many of their customers now are complaining.

Yes.My suggestions for all the bitcoin holders is just keep your bitcoin in offline wallet.Why I am saying is ,many hackers are stealing the bitcoin in the online wallet by the IP address. So better to keep your bitcoin in offline wallet to make it safe for very long period.

I think there is no problem to store bitcoin in online wallet, as long as it is not for a long time. Store bitcoin in online wallet only to wait for percentage of coins if you want to trade

There's no problem in it if the amount you'll put there isn't too high. Be cautious on what's possible to happen with those online wallets and exchange that the eyes of the hackers and lazy faggots are in them. They are trying everything just to penetrate into their hot wallet and later on will send funds to their own wallet address and those funds, possibly that one of the bitcoin there is yours.

The truth is the best way to save your bitcoins away from hackers, FBI or any pig out there is by using hardware/offline wallet e.g Ledger Nano S.
I often used online wallets like Xapo and Blockchain.info - but I don't normally save huge amount of bitcoins because there is too much risk involved in doing so.
Semar Mesem

Activity: 1484
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:28:34 PM

I got to know bitcoin about 7 months ago and I only use 3 online wallet that is xapo, coinbase and blockchain. I think it's all good if we enable 2FA. I consider to use offline wallet if my bitcoin more than 10 btc.

Simss

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:53:53 PM

it seems like there is no best way to store bitcoin in addition to pulling it and converting it into local currency. Because I think if we keep it in the wallet online we will still feel the panic and threat of losing what we have, unless we use our bitcoin to do trading and investment. Although still risky but can give us an advantage if we do it correctly and thoroughly.
francesyrus

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:06:43 AM

I keep my bitcoin on our local exchange wallet site, because it is easy to cash out when I needed it. Our local bitcoin wallet exchange site also have many features like you can pay your utility bill online, buy game credits, send money to someone without fees, can top up load for my cellphone and many more. I also keep some bitcoins, doge and litecoin on block.io.

komp1

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:46:56 AM

I have no issues storing it in exchanges, given that it's pocket adjust comparing to other folks.So yes, I typically daytrade at polo, lately moved to kraken.For other payments I use blockchain.information in a clear and protected VM box on linux.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:37:36 AM

The truth is the best way to save your bitcoins away from hackers, FBI or any pig out there is by using hardware/offline wallet e.g Ledger Nano S.
I often used online wallets like Xapo and Blockchain.info - but I don't normally save huge amount of bitcoins because there is too much risk involved in doing so.

Yes, it's a fact that it's the best way to save your bitcoins. It will cost you some bucks but it's worth it. Before I like using xapo, they are a legit company but for me it's not worth it to use them anymore. The fees are high and still they are a web wallet and anything can happen to them any time or sad it can collapse and being hack. Better by ledge nano S. or buy your own laptop and install desktop wallet there.
A.nayem

Activity: 81

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:19:40 AM

If you're really talking about having that much Bitcoin, I would suggest having a look at a hardware wallet.  These are essentially separate mini-computers which cannot be infected with malware as they do not transfer private keys with other computers to transfer.
Tubig

Activity: 212

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:40:35 AM

I've never had a coin yet, but my friends store their coins on coins.ph. It's the most popular wallet in the Philippines, For the security of it? For me the security depends on you so better secure it properly.
btcjocan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:57:21 AM

I save my bitcoin in the bank because it is safer and not easy to lose and also not complicated

I'm going to keep my bitcoin someday in a bank that is really established for a long time so it will be safe and I will also invest to keep my bitcoin increasing its amount. Someday, we can use it in everything that we need to buy in the near future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: