Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:20:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your bitcoins?  (Read 48735 times)
najmul33

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:34:15 AM

As now im keeping my all Bitcoin In online wallet, like coinbase and Blockchain. I feel online account its easy to access. But remember online wallet should be with two factor authentication method.
mulukey

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:14:53 AM

I usually keep my bitcoin on online wallets like coisebase and blockchain. Some of me to bitcoin on the major trading floors to tradecoin. A few of the rest I use are hard purses to protect my bitcoin.
valentinen39

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:18:33 AM

There are a lot of different websites and wallets that can hold your coin and i highly prefer that you use myetherwallet for your etherium coins if you are going to invest in it.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:15:58 AM

For now, i am using blockchain.info as a wallet, and adding some secutiry here and there. And i want to learn how to make it more secure, and maybe using some cold wallet using linux system, because i have unused laptops in my house, so might be make one useful for me.
I never tried online exchanger like you do to keep wallet, because they said it is unsafe and more vulnerable, and i have read someone in this forum lost his  bitcoins because he is using exchanger to store his bitcoin in a long period of time. And i learn from that, exchanger is not a great place to store bitcoin in a long time.
I hope any wallet that we use is secure since bitcoin is our investment, and some depends his/her life on it. O ya 1 more tip is, to store your bitcoin in a different wallet if you have a lot of it.
cryptolerant

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:53:20 PM

I suggest to move your bitcoin into electrum wallet dont stay your coins in paxful..
For safety spread your bitcoin into electrum wallet or if you can use bitcoin-qt use it also to save your bitcoin in your computer so that you will be safe..
But honestly never experience any problem with electrum.. so could be safe..

Also keep a backup version of the wallet.dat and a password for your safety and then you should be pretty much good. The one thing people don't do as much on here is keep an encrypted backup file, just do that and you will have better memories.

I also think Electrum is much better idea to keep your bitcoins and you should keep your backups very often and safe. It should be very good habit to backup.
cutecute

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:01:44 PM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

I keep my bitcoin on ecoin.ph. This is my wallet for now because my friend told me that he use this also so as a beginner I followed him. He told me that this application or site are safe and secured so he trust it. He told me also that many of the users here are using ecoin.ph so he encourage me to use it also and now that's my wallet.
Kizaki

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:03:24 PM

I am keeping mine in a paper wallet. A good secured offline wallet is a right choice for keeping them in half decades or so. Its a really great thing to have and you can keep them inside your house for you to check. Unlike online wallets that can shut down in any minute. But I mostly rely on mobile wallets as they are good for access everywhere and very convenient to have.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
RDNX

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:15:09 PM

Well, most of you on this thread said that hardware wallet will be the first choice. I agree with that. But if you an active trader, web wallet is more effective to use. You can deposit and transfer very fast to some exchanges
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:31:26 PM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

As for me, I have a Bitcoin wallet. To give you a better illustration, it resembles a flash drive. In here, I store all Bitcoins that I have. As per my observation, it can be hardly hacked not only because it is password protected but because it has salient features that are unique to Bitcoins. You will know for yourself once you have one. It is very efficient because I can carry it with me anywhere without fear of being robbed.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:35:45 PM

Well, most of all of this thread said that hardware wallet will be the first choice. I agree with that. But if you an active trader, web wallet is more effective to use. You can deposit and transfer very fast to some exchanges

I have never used a hardware wallet to store my bitcoins.  I am using web wallet in all transactions I made with bitcoins.  The wallet I am using right now can do all the payment transactions including credit card, utility bills, and health plan.  For me it is the best wallet.  And as for security purposes, it is secured since you are the only one who should know your password.
slavla3

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:40:31 PM

I am using an on-line services. Even though understanding that it is not protected, I nonetheless settle for due to the fact my bitcoin is very tiny .. after this there are a lot more I would use a safer wallet.
Oerni79

Activity: 103

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:41:35 PM

Onlineservice. But in the Future it will be an Hardwaresolution. Its better offline

Join FxToken - The first decentralized Forex-Platform powered by FxToken
tientien333

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:49:34 PM

Currently I'm just learning about bitcoitalk and I do not have an online account or electronic wallet like people so I do not know where to save
I set up my own website and have maximum security then save all the data and have another wed to prevent the other from being stolen or data.
 Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:02:18 PM

I keep mine in a lightweight desktop wallet called electrum on virtual machine. Currently that is the best option. In the future however, I will be buying a hardware wallet.
Happywarren

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:08:31 PM

How i keep my bitcoins is by buying them when the value is low then sell them at a high value and everything i get i put it in the blockchain wallet.
Witch is being used by almost everyone who invests in bitcoin. And i think that it will become famous.
Adrazan

Activity: 142

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:18:36 PM

Why would you be holding onto Bitcoin for so long i will prefer investing with it to get daily returns instead of future because nobody is promise tomorrow
tulakill

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:24:04 PM

Kiss
buy bitcoin. keep in the cold wallet. forget it for a few years. Great things will come to you. 2014 Bitcoin can not buy a noodle. Now, 7,000 pie can not change a bitcoin.
Predator25

Activity: 354

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:26:20 PM

I would not trust an online storage site or an exchange with a large amount of money. I would only put money on an exchange for trading and I would keep some stored separately in a secure location. So the question is what is a secure location? Most people would say an offline paper wallet is the most secure. If you know that no one has the private key, then that probably is the most secure. You would need to make sure you keep the wallet address and private key where you can get to them but they are secure like in a safe deposit box or a safe.  As long as you do that, you should be fine.

Then the problem is what happens if you die and you want a beneficiary to have access to the coins. For this situation, you may need to leave instructions on what to do with the keys in a will or in the safe. I have heard of people keeping the public and private keys on a thumb drive, but I have heard that the data may not last forever on those, so a paper wallet is probably best.
I keep it in my application wallet which can store bitcoin and peso. So that if i have bitcoin i can easily convert it to cash it out in bank. But i aslo have eth wallet because i am joing in a signature camoaign. So the token i recieved there is stired in my eth wallet. If it is eth.
Downloadlink

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:41:32 PM

I do not have any bitcoins yet. But when I have it I will keep the wallet with private keys like coinomi or blockchaing wallet. That's because my friend told me
Rakabel619

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:43:28 PM

hello. i keep my money in myetherwallet. you can try. i belive it is safe

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: