Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:38:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your bitcoins?  (Read 48737 times)
TheBobman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:43:45 PM

I have my coins spreaded i have some on exchanges, and i have some at my online wallet. I even have some altcoins on a other wallet. So I am using a lot of wallets even for Bitcoin.

If you get hacked you get only stolen by that wallet so not every coin you have is lost.
cryptokitty

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:24:42 PM

I have my coins spreaded i have some on exchanges, and i have some at my online wallet. I even have some altcoins on a other wallet. So I am using a lot of wallets even for Bitcoin.

If you get hacked you get only stolen by that wallet so not every coin you have is lost.

I think this is a very wise distribution of coins. Spreading your btc or coin is really good to protect your money and investment to all hackers.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1372
Merit: 269

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 10:29:00 PM

I have mine kept in a lightwallet.  I do use online wallet but I do not store my Bitcoin in them.  I find this online wallet as temporary stash but I do make sure to withdraw them and keep it on my lightwallet.  I used electrum wallet so that I do not have to download the whole blockchain and is easy to sync with the network.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
kureijibitcoin

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:22:31 PM

Is it a good idea to use GreenAddress while i don't own a hardware wallet?
Leezkie22

Activity: 198

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:26:15 AM

For now I dont have bitcoin. But when I have one my friend suggested me that it is prefer to put your bitcoin in myetherwallet, because he told me that was the safest online wallet. Because theres a private key on it. That only you can actually know it. So if you just like to save your bitcoin and you dont what to cash out. You can use myetherwallet for you to keep it.
prieaji

Activity: 152

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:56:35 AM

I save bitcoin by using some sites and but I need more information about this trade or what legit sites are trading my bitcoin. that's how I keep my bitcoin.
jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 02:01:22 AM

Exchanges and online sites are risky because you don't own your private keys for your Bitcoins. They may be hacked or just shut off - with your money. Best way is keeping them in a wallet where you control your private keys - and for extra security a hardware wallet.
eucalyptus

Activity: 280
Merit: 71

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:10:28 AM

I keep some of my coins in exchange websites because I need to trade. I have to keep them there. And I keep some of them in electrum. I trust them. But I am planning to buy Trezor even it is expensive.

Afnan_faizah

Activity: 798
Merit: 178

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:25:13 AM

Exchanges and online sites are risky because you don't own your private keys for your Bitcoins. They may be hacked or just shut off - with your money. Best way is keeping them in a wallet where you control your private keys - and for extra security a hardware wallet.
The hardware wallet with full sync is the most secure wallet, this wallet also help to secure bitcoin network. Trezor is good, but actually using online wallet such as blockchain .info which has famous brand name is good. If you still afraid, you can use 2FA to add extra layer of securities in that online wallet.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
naitik01

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:52:44 AM

Trading is an easy way to get bitcoin. Based on an understanding that bitcoins originally come from mining processes, you might think this is the best way to get some for yourself. Sadly this has become increasingly difficult as Bitcoin has grown in popularity.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1004

www.licx.io

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:54:23 AM

well, I save it in the wallet that is on the internet. but, I rarely open it. I currently plan to move it to a local exchanger, so it's easier to trade it in fiat format, and it's faster to use. but many people say that it is dangerous, because many exchangers are always problematic in the end.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
bottledfireworks

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:16:12 AM

Only answer = hardware wallet.

Research them and pick one.  Hard to go wrong.

I agree with this... I find hard wallets the safest among types of wallets for bitcoins.
ardhigalau

Activity: 316

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:26:24 AM

I prefer to secure my bitcoin on the desktop wallet, because it's very secure and we're in full control. Different things with web wallet, we must follow their rules.
Christian_14

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:08:45 AM

I keep my bitcoins using a bitcoin wallet. Specifically a bitcoin wallet called coins.ph.
 I use this wallet because it isthe wallet that is available in my country and my friends is using it.
You can convert your bitcoins there to to a real money.But as of now I will just save my bitcoins
and wait for its value to raise more to convert and cash out my bitcoins.
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:34:40 AM

I prefer to secure my bitcoin on the desktop wallet, because it's very secure and we're in full control.

It is also risky putting your bitcoin in your desktop wallet, sometimes someone is already watching your computer before you know it.
Different things with web wallet, we must follow their rules.

That's true, but it is more convenient when you need to cash out your bitcoin, since you don't have to transfer your coins. Their rules too are still tolerable and it is also for your protection and sometimes for legality.

I my self is keeping some in exchanges and some in my desktop wallet (electrum) I usually delete my wallet and keep my seed and reinstall it when I really need to use it.

_Legendary_

Activity: 573
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:10:52 AM

The price of bitcoin is very volatile, it makes me think and find a safe way, I switch to some big altcoin that is Ethereum, Dash and Litecoin. with the division proven to be effective that I get profit faster.
acmagbanua21

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:00:38 PM

I have a trust on coins.ph wallet  because it has a many security options before the hackers might hack your account. many of my friends are using it too, aside of using the online wallet, they are using another wallet for safety purposes.
najmul33

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:45:29 PM

I usually keep bitcoin in online wallets Mostly use coisebase and blockchain. I think online wallet are so esay to use and 100% safety
Bornien

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:46:52 PM

The hardware wallet with full sync is the most secure wallet, this wallet also help to secure bitcoin network. Trezor is good, but actually using online wallet such as blockchain .info which has famous brand name is good. If you still afraid, you can use 2FA to add extra layer of securities in that online wallet.
I don't keep my bitcoins i sell it if i can make some money with it. Because if i keep it i will probably lose a lot of money because i have -10 luck.
So i just buy at low price and sell at high price to make some money.
ranggawulung

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:47:42 PM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

I keep my bitcoins on cold wallets. And I'm waiting for growth, so they sell at least 2 times more expensive than bought. It is very safe and promising in the future.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: