Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:43:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your bitcoins?  (Read 48740 times)
adjong

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:16:48 PM

I store my btc on my btc wallet like a blockchain wallet so no one knows it. so I can trade it for a great deal when bitcoin value grows. now I store mona on my blockchain wallet for d get others.
Mhimisan

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 04:55:30 PM

I kept my bitcoin in paper wallet, cold storage app such as mycelium.
ooeygooeygold

Activity: 465
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:07:18 PM

I keep my bitcoin in application called coins. ph. It will serve as my bank because if in case of emergency I have a way to get money with less hassle. This app is trusted because there's a lot of person that I know use it.
Suffoc8

Activity: 163

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:14:40 PM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

I keep my bitcoins in an online wallet application which is Coins.ph, this kind of application is very useful because of its some features such as it can use to pay your bills online, you can convert your bitcoin into fiat and ethereum, you can buy loads online, and it has a good security and it is safe on your hands.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X          [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Odlanyer

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:04:33 AM

There's a lot of way to keep your bitcoin, like using other wallets, to put your bitcoin that you think you money is secured and trustly to hide your money in that wallet, online wallets required an personal informations like your identity and choose a hard password that it not easy to know of other people.
boled

Activity: 590
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:14:33 AM

I think the safest thing is to use a hardware wallet. such as trezor, ledger or keepkey, etc. this wallets are a tamper-proof electronic device designed to store private keys of your coins in an offline setting. The private keys and digital signatures needed to spend bitcoins are generated via these wallets. Like the way you set up any wallet, you need to write down the seed word (recovery phrase) on a piece of paper and store it in a safe place. Prefer making 2-3 copies & distribute it.  And as your keys are offline, there is no possibility of getting hacked.
faranisa

Activity: 144

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:28:10 AM

I never use a trading site or an exchange site to store my coins and I will never suggest it to anyone else. It will be vulnerable to theft, fraud and hacker attacks. Use according to function only. I just keep my coins in the wallet, it would be better if you have a hardware wallet.
4rzun4

Activity: 620
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:33:37 PM

Store bitcoin well without anyone else knowing about the bitcoin we have, for fear of being stolen, so we have to take good care of the bitcoin we have.
YepImNaked

Activity: 81

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 07:37:25 PM

I keep most of it on a Trezor.  I keep a little on an exchange and on my poker account as well, but only trust my Trezor 100%.
Techie5879

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Back from the Dead!

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:05:07 PM

Currently, I donot have much bitcoins to actually justify buying a hardware wallet. Its just signature campaign earnings and small transactions, buying small stuff here and there, that kind of thing. Electrum, on a pretty tightly secure computer works more than fine for me, and it even allows me to customize many things to the finest bit, like transaction fees and stuff.
If you have a lot of bitcoins, that you do not want to lose/cannot afford to lose, thats the time when you have to go to the hassle of storing them on a paper wallet, buying a hardware wallet or using cold storage. These methods are pretty inconvenient, atleast for my tastes, as they have tremendous amounts of security, and its just a lot of awkwardness navigating through all of that security, but its a must for any big amount youre keeping.
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:18:11 PM

I think the safest thing is to use a hardware wallet. such as trezor, ledger or keepkey, etc. this wallets are a tamper-proof electronic device designed to store private keys of your coins in an offline setting.

Hardware wallets are not the safest method to keep your BTC secure, there have been many exploits discovered which were critical and allowed almost everyone to reveal your private key or seed which can be later use to move your bitcoins to another address. The safest known method is to use a software wallet on a computer that will never have access to the Internet in order to prevent malware from connecting to the external servers. Hardware wallets are great if you keep your device safe and up-to-date, they are really convenient to use.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
qtronix

Activity: 596

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:52:46 PM

I use long-term investments and keep my bitcoins in a cold wallet, I use a Trezor.
HanaTenun

Activity: 817

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:59:44 PM

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

if I personally not only save but I developed by following a bounty campaign, and looking for ico that we can follow the project even with a little reward

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Endanglex

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 10:10:51 PM

I saved a coin in my etherwallet,
keeping the private keys as good and no one else knows.
barcelona 94

Activity: 113

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:46:05 AM

You can keep it in your online wallet or offline wallet because it is a safe way to store your value.  Keeping it at the online wallet is a best investment to do and you csn generate good profit and wait for a longer time as you hold it for future price increasing.
ListenMiss

Activity: 79

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:33:31 AM

I wouldn't keep my bitcoins in whole time and i don't trust any wallet sites even if it has https it's not posible to get hacked or lose all of my coins much better i buy a good altcoins and hold it in the exchange but i don't trust exchange sites too but it easy very easy to grow the altcoins so i can get a profit for a little time i don't like keeping my money for small profit i want a day or week trade and profit.
1nvestments

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:37:58 AM

I also wouldnt trust too much online wallets. A cold storage is also very safe ! But my favorite of all times is a paper wallet ! Offline and safe
warkop121

Activity: 134

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:22:10 AM

it is time to save the BTC safely. The safest way to save your Bitcoin, is to use hardware wallets like Ledger and Trezor. With a hardware wallet, you will always need this hardware to access your Bitcoin, making it more secure. And you must also provide a physical approval to make transactions. Then the problem is what happens if you die and you want the recipient to have access to the coins. For this situation, you may need to leave instructions on what to do with a key in a will or in a safe. I've heard people keep public and private keys on thumb drives, but I've heard that data may not last long for them, so paper purses might be best.
mourinho hala 98

Activity: 96

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:26:55 AM

There are many ways to store your coins regarding if it is online or offline you can choose from that category, I am only using the online ones for now and there are pretty a lot of them in the internet if you search for them with google but regarding these online features you are trusting a site that has control over your money just like banks, and if you choose the offline ones, there are pretty much that can handle it and you can store them the way you want and physically if needed, just like paper wallets, physical bitcoin, Ledgers, that you can hold physically, and I am adding mobile and Desktop wallets.
fndsr

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:33:05 AM

for now I really save it because currently bitcoin is a promising investment, I follow a lot of bounty and campaigns although a little reward but I still believe the future bitcoin will experience rapid progress

▄▄▄
               ▄▄███████▄▄
           ▄▄████▀▀   ▀▀████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄▄
   ▄▄████▀▀    ██       ██    ▀▀████▄▄
▄████▀▀        ███     ███        ▀▀████▄
███             ███   ███             ███
 ███             ███ ███             ███
  ███             █████             ███
   ███            ▐███▌            ███
    ███         ▄▄██▀██▄▄         ███
     ███      ▄████   ████▄      ███
      ███    ▐█  █▌   ▐█  █▌    ███
       ███    ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀    ███
        █████████████████████████
DOC.
Tailor

▄█████▄
 ██▀   ▀██
▐█       █▌                    ▄▄▄█████████
 ██▄   ▄██                 ▄▄███████████▀▀
  ▀████████████▄▄       ▄███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▄ ▄█████████▀▀
               ▀██████████▀▀
               ▄██████████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀ ▀█████████▄▄
  ▄███████████▀▀        ▀███████████▄▄
 ██▀   ▀██                 ▀▀███████████▄▄
▐█       █▌                    ▀▀▀█████████
 ██▄   ▄██
  ▀█████▀
Unique self-customizing
smart legal contract platform

Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬
IEO: Jul 20th
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: