Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:26:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]  (Read 908381 times)
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:26:19 AM

Quote from: Gmaxwell
FWIW, MTGOX to MTGOX transfers of Bitcoin are still enabled and working.
This means you can sell your GoxBTC for real BTC: Someone gives you a gox deposit address, you send your GoxBTC to that address and be sure to NOT check open-transaction. Coins show up instantly in their Gox accout.
People on Bitcoin talk are offering 60%, 66%, and 70% like prices.
I'll offer 85%— e.g. with round numbers: You pay me 100 GoxBTC I'll pay you 85 real BTC. You send first. This can be pretty handy if you'd like to use the current prices to get your GoxUSD out rapidly by trading for BTC and then selling that coin on something like Coinbase.
I'm mostly interested in trades over >5 BTC because I'm primarily a developer and miner, not a trader and these exchanges impose a fair amount of accounting overhead on me. I'll consider smaller offers, however.
PM if you're interested. (I'll edit or respond to this post when I'm unavailable or have changed my offer)

-----------To anyone interested I will provide the same service as quoted above, please PM if interested?----------

I will offer the same deal for the next few hours. PM me if interested. I will provide credentials which should be sufficient to establish trust.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
isimme

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:53:19 AM

This means you can sell your GoxBTC for real BTC: Someone gives you a gox deposit address, you send your GoxBTC to that address and be sure to NOT check open-transaction. Coins show up instantly in their Gox accout.
I'll offer 85%— e.g. with round numbers: You pay me 100 GoxBTC I'll pay you 85 real BTC. You send first. This can be pretty handy if you'd like to use the current prices to get your GoxUSD out rapidly by trading for BTC and then selling that coin on something like Coinbase.
I'm mostly interested in trades over >5 BTC because I'm primarily a developer and miner, not a trader and these exchanges impose a fair amount of accounting overhead on me. I'll consider smaller offers, however.
PM if you're interested. (I'll edit or respond to this post when I'm unavailable or have changed my offer)

-----------To anyone interested I will provide the same service as quoted above, please PM if interested?----------

I will offer the same deal for the next few hours. PM me if interested. I will provide credentials which should be sufficient to establish trust.

Way to steal my stolen idea!!
@least quote me, quoting Gmaxwell...no respect!@*!!

I now offer 86% and can provide even better credentials then CompNsci(the non-credit giving thief of thieves)LOL

Quote from: Pablo Picasso
Good artists copy, great artists steal.

EDIT: Offer is serious despite the jokes

If I was able to help you in anyway, tips are appreciated:
1A1RcqRKdApT4ViLmZcdDBES8rov3zjMYp
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:58:57 AM

Way to steal my stolen idea!!
@least quote me, quoting Gmaxwell...no respect!@*!!

I now offer 86% and can provide even better credentials then CompNsci(the non-credit giving thief of thieves)LOL

Quote from: Pablo Picasso
Good artists copy, great artists steal.

EDIT: Offer is serious despite the jokes

Like the Picasso quote. I can do 86% also. I'm not so sure about the better credentials though, but really have no idea ;-)

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:05:20 AM

Here's a thread for exchanging goxBTC to BTC
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455243.0

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:06:35 AM

-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455243
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:32:12 AM

Sturle seems like a real low life.

STOP with the ad hominem/personal attacks..

Perhaps you should tell Sturle that as well. It goes both ways. I've been only calling things as I see it.
Smoothie, I've seen you around for awhile as I am more of a lurker then a poster,
and you seem OK, so try and hear me out.

Sturle didn't say "Smoothie is an idiot".

Sturle said "(And useful idiots who are helping the manipulators spreding FUD, while stupid enough to not take the profit from people who run into their trap.)"

Sturle is frustrated with the FUD and certainly shouldn't have said what he said.
Even if he didn't directly say you were an idiot, it would be nice if he apologized to you regardless.

You both have/had money tied up in Mt.Gox
and of course are both sensitive to that investment,
so try and hear each other out.

In general I think Sturle brings a lot more logic and rational thought then the FUDster/Market Manipulators
or rightfully upset average joes angry, rightfully so with GOX as GOX is handling the situation awfully.

Best Regards

You should read back about 50 pages or so and look at his posts to me. He does in fact try to insult me. Obviously it doesn't work.

Anyone who is trying to justify a business and their actions who is blatantly incompetent and abusing their customers should be called out.

I presume Sturle talking about my mother doesn't constitute an attempt to insult?

Let's be unbiased here. Thanks.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

TalkingBit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:51:35 AM

I sent you PM several weeks ago asking what could be the best way to get money out of Gox.
Yes, you wrote "time is not critical".  I had two suggestions depending on how time critical it was.  If time was critical, I would have offered one more suggestion.  Then time suddenly got critical, or what triggered your IMHO irrational behaviour?  You will get your BTC, and you could have got your USD or EUR as well if time was not critical.  I hope you withdrew at least some via SEPA?
They played with me all this time compounding my losses (premium going up). Finally I was in the understanding that I can only withdraw EUR 10,000 per 20 days, which in reality is about 80,000 per year IF the situation does not get worse. Considering that it was constantly and rapidly getting worse (as evidenced by the premium to BS widening rapidly in 25-26), and in my evaluation 25% would trigger a full panic, I pre-empted at 23%. The panic came later same day.
You can withdraw 50k EUR per 20 days with a trusted account.  I suggested you waited for Moneypolo integration, since time was not critical.  You could do 50k EUR / 20 days while you waited, which is 900k EUR in a year.  1.22 million USD / year.  If time was critical, and you were willing to take a loss, I would have suggested the emergency withdrawal option with 5% bank fees.  You can even withdraw USD to EUR this way, since MtGox can exchange USD to JPY to EUR at the same 5% fee as USD to JPY to USD, saving a currency conversion on your side.

Now, listen: The only thing that stopped Gox dollars from becoming worthless that day was the escalation of BTC withdrawal difficulties. As goxBTC becomes endangered also, their ratio can better be manipulated (both are at the mercy of the puppetmasters). I don't know which is the cause and which is the effect of these. But bank run followed.
The price difference increased for a while after the BTC withdrawal difficulties started to appear.  If you are right, USD on MtGox will be worthless the moment they open the BTC withdrawal floodgates.  I'm ready.  The SEPA and domestic JPY withdrawal queues should be shortening now as well, btw.  People are not withdrawing fiat right now, but take advantage of reverse arbitrage to be ready if your scenario happens.

Good point err or it would be if once again gox worked as advertized. Still waiting for my SEPA from Jan 8th. So that's 31days now, prob won't see it for another 10days if ever. So that puts it at $600k/yr MAX. Funny how i'm pretty confident that you know that delay is not 20days now but oddly still use overly optimistic figure  Roll Eyes
isimme

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:03:56 AM

Sturle seems like a real low life.

STOP with the ad hominem/personal attacks..

Perhaps you should tell Sturle that as well. It goes both ways. I've been only calling things as I see it.
Smoothie, I've seen you around for awhile as I am more of a lurker then a poster,
and you seem OK, so try and hear me out.

Sturle didn't say "Smoothie is an idiot".

Sturle said "(And useful idiots who are helping the manipulators spreding FUD, while stupid enough to not take the profit from people who run into their trap.)"

Sturle is frustrated with the FUD and certainly shouldn't have said what he said.
Even if he didn't directly say you were an idiot, it would be nice if he apologized to you regardless.

You both have/had money tied up in Mt.Gox
and of course are both sensitive to that investment,
so try and hear each other out.

In general I think Sturle brings a lot more logic and rational thought then the FUDster/Market Manipulators
or rightfully upset average joes angry, rightfully so with GOX as GOX is handling the situation awfully.

Best Regards

You should read back about 50 pages or so and look at his posts to me. He does in fact try to insult me. Obviously it doesn't work.

Anyone who is trying to justify a business and their actions who is blatantly incompetent and abusing their customers should be called out.

I presume Sturle talking about my mother doesn't constitute an attempt to insult?

Let's be unbiased here. Thanks.

Agreed let's be unbiased,
so to be clear personal attacks by anyone are not cool IMHO

If I was able to help you in anyway, tips are appreciated:
1A1RcqRKdApT4ViLmZcdDBES8rov3zjMYp
donk4u
Legendary

Activity: 889

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:44:19 AM

when is the announcement? If i was a wagering man i would bet my last penny that announcement will say unable to find fix for this complex  (gox broke)withdrwal problem
biodieselchris

Activity: 579
Merit: 500

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 04:58:57 AM

Was idling in #mtgox just now, it seems MtGox is still charting 5% for "expedited" withdrawals. So they are still providing this service. Of course I learned this because someone who paid this extortion fee is wondering why he's "expedited" withdraw isn't showing up, but they do claim to still provide this "service".

btw it's lunchtime Tokyo already, so time is running out for that lying fat man at MtGox to announce that he's too incompetent to fix the BTC withdraw problem and that they need more time.

Idling in mIRC is right. I have 20 channels open with 100 people in each and no one has said anything.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:59:21 AM

Was idling in #mtgox just now, it seems MtGox is still charting 5% for "expedited" withdrawals. So they are still providing this service. Of course I learned this because someone who paid this extortion fee is wondering why he's "expedited" withdraw isn't showing up, but they do claim to still provide this "service".

btw it's lunchtime Tokyo already, so time is running out for that lying fat man at MtGox to announce that he's too incompetent to fix the BTC withdraw problem and that they need more time.
Well yes the actual number in the php is still going up and down.
So since it is moving so much (not just ones or twos, but hundreds) it certainly looks like they are phailing to process requests from somewhere
UTC-5 times:
1927 ... Fri Feb  7 08:30:23
175 ... Fri Feb  7 16:28:58
211 ... Sat Feb  8 02:52:26
193 ... Sat Feb  8 17:27:04
385 ... Sun Feb  9 05:53:40
415 ... Sun Feb  9 20:12:53
252 ... Sun Feb  9 23:53:41

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Yuri.

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:17:08 AM

I think all people in this thread, maybe with very few exceptions, that have been using mtgox lately is to try to benefit from arbitrage. You guys knew the risk

Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 05:46:01 AM

No announcement from Mt. Gox, and it's midafternoon on Monday in Tokyo. No surprise there for those of us who have been following Mt. Gox.

This time it's going to be different. Bitcoin is too visible now. The stories aren't just in Coinbase and Wired any more.  When Mt. Gox stopped withdrawals on Friday, it was covered in the financial press as a major financial company in trouble.  There were stories in Bloomberg, the Wall Street Journal, the South China Morning Post, Sydney Morning Herald, Reuters, Nikkei, and even Russia Today.

The South China Morning Post (Hong Kong) reporter writes "All eyes will be focused on Japan-based Mt Gox – due to release a trading statement later today." Monday in the Western world, there will be more stories, and if Mt. Gox doesn't have some very good answers, they are going to be very negative.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:49:37 AM

No announcement from Mt. Gox, and it's midafternoon on Monday in Tokyo. No surprise there for those of us who have been following Mt. Gox.

This time it's going to be different. Bitcoin is too visible now. The stories aren't just in Coinbase and Wired any more.  When Mt. Gox stopped withdrawals on Friday, it was covered in the financial press as a major financial company in trouble.  There were stories in Bloomberg, the Wall Street Journal, the South China Morning Post, Sydney Morning Herald, Reuters, Nikkei, and even Russia Today.

The South China Morning Post (Hong Kong) reporter writes "All eyes will be focused on Japan-based Mt Gox – due to release a trading statement later today." Monday in the Western world, there will be more stories, and if Mt. Gox doesn't have some very good answers, they are going to be very negative.

Doesn't surprise me either. Likely at this point given they haven't posted anything yet after at least 6 hours of a work day says they are coming up with how to announce the "update".

More delays and more excuses to come.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 09:06:33 AM

You can withdraw 50k EUR per 20 days with a trusted account.  I suggested you waited for Moneypolo integration, since time was not critical.  You could do 50k EUR / 20 days while you waited, which is 900k EUR in a year.  1.22 million USD / year.  If time was critical, and you were willing to take a loss, I would have suggested the emergency withdrawal option with 5% bank fees.  You can even withdraw USD to EUR this way, since MtGox can exchange USD to JPY to EUR at the same 5% fee as USD to JPY to USD, saving a currency conversion on your side.
Good point err or it would be if once again gox worked as advertized. Still waiting for my SEPA from Jan 8th. So that's 31days now, prob won't see it for another 10days if ever. So that puts it at $600k/yr MAX. Funny how i'm pretty confident that you know that delay is not 20days now but oddly still use overly optimistic figure  Roll Eyes
Wrong.  You can have several confirmed withdrawals at once.  If you make 10 withdrawals today, you will get the first in six weeks or so, and the rest will follow separated by 20 days.  Read the reports in this thread from people who made several withdrawals in November/December and still receive one every 20 days.  If you make one withdrawal every 20 days, you will get money every 20 days, but you will not skip the queue.  You will wait at least as long as the rest from the time you make you withdrawal to the time when you receive your money.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
whave

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:20:25 AM

...seems like it's the same old in this topic. Sturle being reasonable and trying to look at the facts, everyone else is throwing a tantrum and spreading rumours, fud, "sueyousueyou". Ignorance is bliss I guess Smiley
princes12

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:25:31 AM

They will keep everyone in suspense, meanwhile they will come up with nothing. Angry
Danglebee

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:28:32 AM

poor user.
user will end up nothing,  always happen Sad

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:42:38 AM

...seems like it's the same old in this topic. Sturle being reasonable and trying to look at the facts, everyone else is throwing a tantrum and spreading rumours, fud, "sueyousueyou". Ignorance is bliss I guess Smiley

Hardly throwing tantrums.

MTGOX is run by incompetent people. Just look at their track record of horrible service as an exchange over the past 3 years.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:43:34 AM

Todays gold at #mtgox - remember to pop popcorn before entering..

On "manual" withdraws and the 5% manual withdraw  (normal) fee:

<@SarahCoinBit> zewelor It's complicated as to who can use it and who can not so we deal  with people individually on it instead

On the need for making public announcements on their website and not just on IRC:

09:49 <@SarahCoinBit> zewelor IRC gets copied and pasted all over the internet. It is not a  secret because it is only on IRC and not the website

On the current SEPA queue:

09:53 <@SarahCoinBit> Saykor SEPA are still being processed.  I think the queue is 5 to 6 weeks,  maybe less for smaller ones

Yes, SarahCoinBit actually works for MtGox. From the UK, of course.

Yes, giving some people the access of their money, and other people no access, IS A CRIME.

Yes, giving different information to different customers, so that some of them can profit financially on the expense of others, IS A CRIME.

Yes, lying in the age of open Internet is fucking distasteful. What are you waiting for? No matter how much time passes and how much money you can suck from your victims, you are still a bunch of lying bastards AND CRIMINALS. (That is, unless "justice" system is meanwhile completely overhauled to prosecute only victimless "crimes" instead of the real ones where the criminal does harm others.. )

Ah you (sturle) were so smart as to have prioritized address to the trading system so that you can pull your orders in the middle of my market buy execution? How smart you are, congratulations. Listen now, asshole: I also operate a silverbank, and know what is an honest way to design such systems, and not by a frigging long-shot would there be such an exploit that you mentioned!!! You are so deep in your crime that you deny even realizing it, making you such a sad clown in everyone's eyes who have a shred of sense of justice left.

Why did you not follow my advice?

Because in my case your advice did not work! The forum may freely decide if I am inherently so impotent of getting my own money out of the Gox system that $150k to get it out after a month of trying is a suitable penalty (EVEN after consulting sturle, EVEN after being verified customer with BTC2,000 daily limit, EVEN after exploring all possibilities with sending tickets which were EVEN answered) ?? OR if there is something else to it. Gox does discriminate its users and is doing in such an asinine way that I am truly disgusted. Can't you even see that after this many reports on how we, the underprivileged, see it - you are either a liar or a snitch. There is no middle ground! In practice liar merges with a snitch, so **** ***!

How about you post a receipt for the BTC you sold to me! The buyer is Eesti Investeerimishobe OU regd in Estonia. I need seller's name, ssn and tax declaration that the btc was private property void of gst/vat, or in case of corporate seller, the relevant info. Failure to send the documents may lead to investigation. (We keep all our customer data proprietary, unlike the whore, MtGox).

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: