Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:24:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 182 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Work in progess] Burnins Avalon Chip to mining board service  (Read 623959 times)
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:57:46 AM

you guys from zefir's first batch are the only winners in this avalon disaster.  

-----------------------------------------------

burnin, I will have to ask you how much will you be able refund from an pending order?

no sign of chips, I have to ask that. if the chips dont show up soon, I will have to cancel my orders.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 11:12:37 AM

Im not so sure. Till now i mined 3BTC. But the miners with chips cost 18.54BTC.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:37:33 PM

What hash rate and how long have you been running it for?

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 12:43:01 PM

I tried to tweak the hashrate often. Not its nearly at 9GH per miner. The first night i didnt know that cgminer isnt keeping windows alive so my notebook went to hibernate.
But i let it run most of the time. Im not sure how many hours it ran.
Im mining at bitparking.com, maybe i get a bit plus from the merged mined coins.

lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 01:11:38 PM

I tried to tweak the hashrate often. Not its nearly at 9GH per miner. The first night i didnt know that cgminer isnt keeping windows alive so my notebook went to hibernate.
Im mining at bitparking.com, maybe i get a bit plus from the merged mined coins.

Cheer Sebastian, do you think you have been mining for a week now then? How many chips do you have in total?

Thanks

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 04:04:31 PM

Cheer Sebastian, do you think you have been mining for a week now then? How many chips do you have in total?

Thanks

I first had an account with only bitcoin. Now i have one with all coins except groupcoin since i wasnt able to install the wallet.

At the moment i have 0.63692402BTC from the old account and the new one contains:
Currency   Balance   
bitcoin   2.42780860   
devcoin   4247.62236984   
i0coin   57.59932776   
ixcoin   101.75044168   
namecoin   9.77059992

Im not sure how much the other coins are worth. I think not much.

And i had it run as often as i could, on the day i mostly test to tweak it. With the new firmware my best hashrate is 44.92(Pool) 44.5(cgminer) at settings 450MHz 1330mV and 28ms. I now finetweak it a bit through mV for that MHz and then see if i can get more GH out of it.
I do tweaking this way:
Set the MHz and timeout. Start and lower the timeout until no rejected shares appear anymore. Timeout doesnt understand decimals, only integers.
Then go from bigger to slower to 1mV steps to the best hashrate. The hashrate i calculate after cgminer ran 65 minutes. I take 10 values average from the pool and i watch the average of cgminer for a minute to find the average of the average. Smiley

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:06:40 PM

burnin, I will have to ask you how much will you be able refund from an pending order?

no sign of chips, I have to ask that. if the chips dont show up soon, I will have to cancel my orders.

Just chill. Read below:

From http://www.avalon-asics.com

story so far - 8/19

chips have arrived via other routes as previously announced, we are shipping them out at the rate of 40-50k on a daily basis at the moment, in addition to the ~150k or so that went out, another 40k was shipped today. There is multiple channel which the chips are arriving from various packaging facility to minimize downtime. Please bare this in mind: while we had backup/multiple packaging companies and various delivery routes, things still will go wrong. There is also testing that must be done, then they can split, packed and sent to the EZP coupled with their CN-22 and be on their way. We will provide more update as they come. In addition, the trade-in and refunds are being processed.

hf_developer

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:17:26 PM

Just chill. Read below:

story so far - 8/19

chips have arrived via other routes as previously announced, we are shipping them out at the rate of 40-50k on a daily basis at the moment, in addition to the ~150k or so that went out, another 40k was shipped today. There is multiple channel which the chips are arriving from various packaging facility to minimize downtime. Please bare this in mind: while we had backup/multiple packaging companies and various delivery routes, things still will go wrong. There is also testing that must be done, then they can split, packed and sent to the EZP coupled with their CN-22 and be on their way. We will provide more update as they come. In addition, the trade-in and refunds are being processed.

"There is also testing that must be done, then they can split, packed and sent to the EZP coupled with their CN-22 and be on their way"

In other words: The chips are not yet cut out of their wafer, not yet testet and not yet packed into their solder package...
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:36:03 PM

Just chill. Read below:

story so far - 8/19

Unfortunately Zefir (who by my understanding has the earliest chip orders on the forum) just posted that he has no news/updates on delivery. This means that Avalon, if they are actually shipping this time, aren't bothering to send notice and/or tracking numbers. I guess best case scenario is that they just show up all of a sudden at the organizers' doors.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:40:54 PM

Just chill. Read below:

story so far - 8/19

"There is also testing that must be done, then they can split, packed and sent to the EZP coupled with their CN-22 and be on their way"

In other words: The chips are not yet cut out of their wafer, not yet testet and not yet packed into their solder package...

I think forum orders are around 200k. I may be wrong so please correct me. So if 190k are already shipped then i'm happy.

Unfortunately Zefir (who by my understanding has the earliest chip orders on the forum) just posted that he has no news/updates on delivery. This means that Avalon, if they are actually shipping this time, aren't bothering to send notice and/or tracking numbers. I guess best case scenario is that they just show up all of a sudden at the organizers' doors.

Some developers received sample chips without any notice or any change in their web shop. If the 150k chips were shipped at the end of the week why don't you people allow at least a week for some news? Too much FUD.

iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:54:29 PM

Just chill. Read below:

story so far - 8/19

I think forum orders are around 200k. I may be wrong so please correct me. So if 190k are already shipped then i'm happy.

Some developers received sample chips without any notice or any change in their web shop. If the 150k chips were shipped at the end of the week why don't you people allow at least a week for some news? Too much FUD.

Well if the below is anywhere near accurate then the ~190k chips they've sent is kind of a drop in the bucket & may not even get as far as Zefir batch #2. The good news being that once they do get that far that many forum chip buys will start arriving. (again, assuming this is accurate)

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:19:48 PM

Just chill. Read below:

story so far - 8/19

Well if the below is anywhere near accurate then the ~190k chips they've sent is kind of a drop in the bucket & may not even get as far as Zefir batch #2. The good news being that once they do get that far that many forum chip buys will start arriving. (again, assuming this is accurate)

And who says they are going in order? 40-50k a day with a waiting list of just under 1 million? That is 22 days if they are shipping 45k a day. But I'm sure it will be more like 2.2 months...

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Boxman90

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:41:06 AM

Will we be seeing a price lowering anytime soon? As it seems to have become impossible to get ROI with current prices.

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
eraziel

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:37:02 PM

Would you mind showing the calculation that you use to base your "impossible to get ROI" opinion on?
Not trying to pick a fight, just want to make sure that you have solid argument.
Can you give an example of any other design that can accommodate your chips that would provide better ROI?
Yes, burnin's design is more expensive but it also provides you with the OC'ing capabilities that none of the other DIY projects do at the moment.
Also, I appreciate burnin's hard work and professionalism that is increasingly hard to come by when talking about hardware vendors.
I think the peace of mind that I get with burnin's service is worth the premium.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 04:26:23 PM

Burnin, my chips have been awaiting you at your post office.  Tracking says "Addressee requests own pick-up - Item being held, addressee being notified"

See my PM for the tracking number.

They are at the customs office.

Does that mean there is a fee due?  What does it take to get them from the customs office?

Are you saying that Customs has not released them?  It looks like they have on the tracking page: https://i.imgur.com/sRoFrnp.png

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 06:12:19 PM

The amount of rebate burnin could give would change practically zero to ROI since his work is less than half the total cost. And burnin at the end wouldnt be rewarded. Doesnt sound like a solution to me.

@Bogart... Check out this website: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ and keep sure you keep the starting of mining into account.

burnin (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

ALTCOM Ab9upXvD7ChnJxDRZgMmwNNEf1ftCGWrsE

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:40:33 PM

Are you saying that Customs has not released them?  It looks like they have on the tracking page: https://i.imgur.com/sRoFrnp.png
Yes, i will pick them up tomorrow, once i verified that the chips are functional i will send out a assembled board asap.

And thanks to some friends i will be doing a board for these too:

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 06:46:52 PM

@Burnin... did you receive the 20 chips that were raffled already?

CumpsD

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:51:58 PM

Yes, i will pick them up tomorrow, once i verified that the chips are functional i will send out a assembled board asap.

And thanks to some friends i will be doing a board for these too:

Those are the BFL or Bitfury ones?
burnin (OP)

Activity: 243

ALTCOM Ab9upXvD7ChnJxDRZgMmwNNEf1ftCGWrsE

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:55:26 PM

Those are the BFL or Bitfury ones?

BitFury, and i will again be trying to push these chips further then the competition.
Target is 5Ghash/s per chip or more.

@SebastianJu
i tested your 1.4V 450Mhz+ settings - the voltage regulator cuts out due to over-current that reduces hashrate A LOT.
1.350V seems a good voltage for 450mhz though.
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 182 »
  Print  

Jump to: