Bitcoin Forum
November 23, 2017, 04:53:24 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties!  (Read 155681 times)
gnasirator

Activity: 137

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:13:08 PM

Yes, especially as I think that we have a great candidate to become one of their base currencies. All we need for that is enough volume. That would surely boost us AND provide bisq with a great coin to handle lots and lots of txs. The combination seems ideal to me.

We'll see where it goes. I for my part have been doing some advertising over there. I hope the chinese pick up on it as that's a confirmed target market for bisq. The devs are currently looking into ways to get around the GFW and it seems like there are some to adjust their TOR implementation to be able to do so. That would boost bisq a lot and if we are on board by then, it should boost us too given our history of popularity over there.

here's a screenshot of the current bisq development build I just tested on my machine (as committed on github in official repo):
  Smiley
I think the next release is planned in about 2 weeks. I'll keep you all posted.
Once it goes live, we should add bisq to our list of exchanges and also promote the new exchange so our trading activities can start to grow again.

Now something else:
What's going on with the explorer stats?
They read:
Coin supply:   364612601.651712 XCN
Unmined coins:   0.0000 XCN
Block Reward:   0.0000000000 XCN

Something is not right there.

XCN: CJSECkHi7tTTTA1ze9qYRkkUCKfFiF8EEG

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 345

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 11:06:34 AM

@ gnasirator

I am very impressed by your efforts on behalf of this coin!  Shocked

Best of luck to you in your attempts to get XCN accepted as a base coin at Bisq.   Grin

★ F.B.I ★ Federated Blockchains Initiative : Progress through Co-operation ★ F.B.I ★
★★★  Attention!!  The FinanceCloud API is coming; see link under avatar!!  ★★★
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:53:19 AM

Now something else:
What's going on with the explorer stats?
They read:
Coin supply:   364612601.651712 XCN
Unmined coins:   0.0000 XCN
Block Reward:   0.0000000000 XCN

Something is not right there.

I had a look at the coinbase account and it seems to be fine.
Probably an issue with the php code of the explorer itself, will need to look into it.

gnasirator

Activity: 137

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:39:03 PM

@ gnasirator

I am very impressed by your efforts on behalf of this coin!  Shocked

Best of luck to you in your attempts to get XCN accepted as a base coin at Bisq.   Grin

Thanks! But it wasn't too much work, to be honest. If you look at the github commit from my earlier post, it was mostly copy&paste of some other alt coin's validator code and adjusting to our needs. Understanding what's going on there is what took the longest.

My motivation for all this is two-fold:
1. I want society to end up with fair, debt-free money (FIAT obviously isn't). And for that we need a similar coin to bitcoin, but truly scalable -> XCN. (Maybe with some more privacy features in the long run ...)
2. As XCN is my first crypto experience so far (I don't have any other coins), I'm hoping to make a little profit along the way by running a small miner (single gpu).

XCN: CJSECkHi7tTTTA1ze9qYRkkUCKfFiF8EEG
info_infoman1

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:55:34 AM

What do you think about the idea of creating a bot telegrams as frontend mining pool? So that this bot could create accounts, keep statistics and give out tasks and take shares from miners. I'm thinking about creating a pool but I'm afraid that my server is bogged down by DDoS attacks, so came up with this idea (to cover a pool node of servers Telegram)

my old profile info_infoman
mak013

Activity: 112

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:58:11 AM

What do you think about the idea of creating a bot telegrams as frontend mining pool? So that this bot could create accounts, keep statistics and give out tasks and take shares from miners. I'm thinking about creating a pool but I'm afraid that my server is bogged down by DDoS attacks, so came up with this idea (to cover a pool node of servers Telegram)
i think bot may be interesting but later. pools is a good idea, there is now normally working pools.

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X     ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper     Twitter     Facebook
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:58:43 AM

I don't know about telegram bots, but I guess it will have a lot of overhead compared to a standard, C based stratum implementation. Will it be able to verify and record tens of share submissions a second?

info_infoman1

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:23:00 AM

I don't know about telegram bots, but I guess it will have a lot of overhead compared to a standard, C based stratum implementation. Will it be able to verify and record tens of share submissions a second?
https://core.telegram.org/mtproto
Here it is said that a multithreaded connection is used between the client and the telegram server

The application bot can be written and there are examples in c ++, for each unit mining you can have a separate dedicated connection to telegrams

And how much does the average miner generate shares\sec in сryptonite?

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:34:39 AM

https://core.telegram.org/mtproto
Here it is said that a multithreaded connection is used between the client and the telegram server

The application bot can be written and there are examples in c ++, for each unit mining you can have a separate dedicated connection to telegrams

And how much does the average miner generate shares\sec in сryptonite?

Depends on the stratum difficulty, which is set by the pool.

mak013

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:13:49 AM

can we sometimes make infopost, may be with snapshot?

as example:

Exchanges listed:
coin-exchange
Exchanges asked to be listed:
Yobit(till 02.10.17, waiting answer (last - 15.10.17))
Cryptopia(till 05.10.17, asks 9BTC for listing)
Poloniex(till 10.10.17, waiting answer)
Scrypt/Wallet problems:
15.10.17 fixed Wallet(new wallet in 1st post)

etc

info_infoman1

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:38:23 AM

i think bot may be interesting but later. pools is a good idea, there is now normally working pools.

kensaii

Activity: 45

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:41:48 AM

An information with graph and statics about network and pool would be better.

ALTCOMMUNITY COIN
 SONOHUB  FORUM  eSPORTS 
info_infoman1

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:10:59 AM

An information with graph and statics about network and pool would be better.
Telegram bots support html5, there are no problems here

megainarmy

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:03:44 AM

can we sometimes make infopost, may be with snapshot?

as example:

Exchanges listed:
coin-exchange
Exchanges asked to be listed:
Yobit(till 02.10.17, waiting answer (last - 15.10.17))
Cryptopia(till 05.10.17, asks 9BTC for listing)
Poloniex(till 10.10.17, waiting answer)
Scrypt/Wallet problems:
15.10.17 fixed Wallet(new wallet in 1st post)

etc

It would be nice, man!!!  Grin

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by DeepVault  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:35:28 AM

I wanted to share a discussion we had on slack recently.
It all started from the difficulty we are having of being listed on exchanges.
From an exchange integration point of view, Cryptonite is just like any other coin, except for the "extended precision" amounts.
Since they never tell us why xcn is not listed yet, we can't be sure that this is the problem, but it surely is something they must customize to support our coin.
What to do? Removing EP amounts and using standard 8 decimal numbers would make it downward incompatible, possibly breaking the services we already have, like nova exchange or the block explorer.
One possibility is adding a configuration option to disable extended precision amounts, so the exchanges can use the classic format, if they like.
It shouldn't be much work to do (developing such an option), BUT we must be sure that this doesn't bring any side effect.
Please share your opinions on the matter.

info_infoman1

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:53:49 AM

From an exchange integration point of view, Cryptonite is just like any other coin, except for the "extended precision" amounts.
Since they never tell us why xcn is not listed yet, we can't be sure that this is the problem, but it surely is something they must customize to support our coin.
What to do? Removing EP amounts and using standard 8 decimal numbers would make it downward incompatible, possibly breaking the services we already have, like nova exchange or the block explorer.
One possibility is adding a configuration option to disable extended precision amounts, so the exchanges can use the classic format, if they like.
It shouldn't be much work to do (developing such an option), BUT we must be sure that this doesn't bring any side effect.
Give extended information about EP, at the moment during my experiments directly in the code I use uint64, and EP touches me only in the RPC or QT interfaces

mak013

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:25:42 AM

can u may snapshot/backup? to have opportunity to come back if smth will be wrong? ok,we`ll lost mined for 3-5-7 days, but if it can help with exchanges - it is ok, i think

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:41:26 AM

Give extended information about EP, at the moment during my experiments directly in the code I use uint64, and EP touches me only in the RPC or QT interfaces

http://cryptonite.info/wiki/index.php?title=Coinbase_account

http://cryptonite.info/wiki/index.php?title=Cryptonite_API

info_infoman1

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:14:28 PM

oooh swill here guys overdo it, implanted in the client that it was not worth it to implant ....  Grin Grin Grin I think it was necessary at the outset to make 64to53.CLI expansion especially for exchanges and pools...

ps can we clean the code for today from the EP and to create a simple extension of the 64to53.CLI?

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:29:30 PM

oooh swill here guys overdo it, implanted in the client that it was not worth it to implant ....  Grin Grin Grin I think it was necessary at the outset to make 64to53.CLI expansion especially for exchanges and pools...

ps can we clean the code for today from the EP and to create a simple extension of the 64to53.CLI?

Another idea could be to return both the EP and non-EP amounts; for the RPC requests, we could add support for both types. This way they won't need to change the config file, just look at the rpc response.

Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.