Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:55:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bluehorseshoe

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 12:49:32 AM

I'd like to get involved with helium/helium shares. What is the best way at this time please?
Do I need to purchase spreadcoin?

The fastest method would be that I think . Or better wait for any announce on details because I believe they going to use PoW as consensus algorithm. So better ready with your mining rig

thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:33:23 AM

I'd like to get involved with helium/helium shares. What is the best way at this time please?
Do I need to purchase spreadcoin?

For now, the only way to acquire Helium is via Spreadcoin. Once we launch the network there will be several more avenues, mining, hosting a node or going to one of the exchanges will be how one will be able to obtain Helium.
rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 11:23:11 AM

Hello,

I just bought the spreadcoin to have Helium too.

How will this happen?

Do my spreadcoin have to be in a wallet and after that I will download the Helium wallet, and I will put my wallet.dat.

What is the date of the fork?

Thank you in advance for your lighting!

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
KarmaShark

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 12:53:05 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2017, 01:03:15 PM by KarmaShark

Hello,

I just bought the spreadcoin to have Helium too.

How will this happen?

Do my spreadcoin have to be in a wallet and after that I will download the Helium wallet, and I will put my wallet.dat.

What is the date of the fork?

Thank you in advance for your lighting!

Details on the date of the blockchain snapshot, redemption method and launch of Helium have yet to be made public. Once we are ready all of this information will be shared with the community. You will want to have your SPR in a wallet you control prior to the snapshot, to which we will be giving you all plenty of advanced notice to prepare for that date.

There is an AMA - Ask Me Anything - happening today in the Helium Slack channel at 12 P.M. EST / 5 P.M. GMT. This will be a fun, simple and rewarding way of asking questions and finding out information on Helium. I encourage you all to join us find out about the best kept secret in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry:

https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/

See you there!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:25:28 PM

what percentage of the minting is going to spreadcoin owners exactly?

there are 20m spread so how can there be a POW period?

micdvd85

Activity: 312

BAM

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:31:49 PM

Are you serious? Like for real? Only 7.8m SPR has been mined so far... So only 7.8m will be distributed to current owners, with still years left of POW rewards...
junzotojunzo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:33:16 PM

Branding
There will likely be a logo and branding competition announced around May or June. However, we are likely to start by talking to a creative agency.

I have a logo design for Helium in mind Smiley
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:40:52 PM

Are you serious? Like for real? Only 7.8m SPR has been mined so far... So only 7.8m will be distributed to current owners, with still years left of POW rewards...

Thanks for answer

Only pulled up the first page of spreadcoin and noticed 20M minting.

micdvd85

BAM

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:51:02 PM

Thanks for answer

Only pulled up the first page of spreadcoin and noticed 20M minting.

Oh, lol. I was soo confused like, where the heck did he get that number. I am pretty sure that Helium will still have the smooth halving reward just like spreadcoin so there will still be a long time of POW rewards to be had even with the 7.8m being send to current holders of spr.
rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 02:11:00 PM

Hey,

I registered 2 on the link for the slack, but I did not receive any mail to register. Sad

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
frankkkkkkk

Activity: 594
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:52:58 PM

Interesting project!But what s the relationship between SPR and HLM?
micdvd85

BAM

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:16:02 PM

As far as I understand it, and I'm sure people will correct me if I am wrong, Coins101 and the other Devs of this coin used to be very involved with developing Spreadcoin. I think that Coins101 and a couple other people wanted spreadcoin to go in a different direction than that of the current main dev of spreadcoin. So Coins101 decided to leave the spreadcoin project and start this so that he could take the coin in his direction. That his how I think it is in a nutshell.
KarmaShark

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:33:45 PM

As far as I understand it, and I'm sure people will correct me if I am wrong, Coins101 and the other Devs of this coin used to be very involved with developing Spreadcoin. I think that Coins101 and a couple other people wanted spreadcoin to go in a different direction than that of the current main dev of spreadcoin. So Coins101 decided to leave the spreadcoin project and start this so that he could take the coin in his direction. That his how I think it is in a nutshell.

The below post is a good summary of the situation leading up to the birth of Helium:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045373.msg18030003#msg18030003

Last call for the AMA - Ask Me Anything - happening today in the Helium Slack channel at 12 P.M. EST / 5 P.M. GMT:

https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/

KarmaShark

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 05:20:05 PM

Big thank you to everyone for what was just one of the best AMA's I have taken a part in to date. The Helium community is growing quickly and our Slack channel is a big reason why.

If this is your first time being introduced to Helium, look over the OP of this thread and then feel free to come over and join us in the Helium Slack channel: https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/
jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:27:10 AM

I missed the AMA ... but I am greatly satisfied with what Helium devs are planning. The direction of the project is awesome . I specifically dev's custom ASIC miner plan . If it is up , then I will build a rig with it.
Nikolaj

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:10:53 PM

So guys, is there any news regwrding the pow algo characteristics? Will it be cpu, vga or asic territory?

It've been stated that spreadx11 won't be used, do you confirm?

Thanks
KarmaShark

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:35:33 PM

So guys, is there any news regwrding the pow algo characteristics? Will it be cpu, vga or asic territory?

Thanks

We have not decided upon a hash yet, that is coming along. In terms of mining, we are looking into the possibility of creating our own ASIC's to support the network, so we are likely to be CPU / GPU / ASIC friendly.

SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 05:20:23 PM

Thanks

We have not decided upon a hash yet, that is coming along. In terms of mining, we are looking into the possibility of creating our own ASIC's to support the network, so we are likely to be CPU / GPU / ASIC friendly.

My advice would be to pick a GPU friendly algorithm (NIST5 or something) and let the free market take care of developing the ASICs once it is economically viable.  An army of GPUs is sustaining the network of ETH and it's 4.5 billion USD marketcap.  There are plenty of hashes to go around to support HLM's network.

Worrying about designing custom ASICs is putting the cart before the horse.  Focus on improving the core protocol and implementing new technology first.  If HLM can break (and sustain) a 100 million USD+ marketcap, then worry about ASICs.

I missed the AMA unfortunately.  Gonna read through it and give you guys my thoughts on anything that was said (whether you like it or not!  Tongue) sometime in the next few days.
KarmaShark

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:15:20 PM

Thanks

My advice would be to pick a GPU friendly algorithm (NIST5 or something) and let the free market take care of developing the ASICs once it is economically viable.  An army of GPUs is sustaining the network of ETH and it's 4.5 billion USD marketcap.  There are plenty of hashes to go around to support HLM's network.

Worrying about designing custom ASICs is putting the cart before the horse.  Focus on improving the core protocol and implementing new technology first.  If HLM can break (and sustain) a 100 million USD+ marketcap, then worry about ASICs.

I missed the AMA unfortunately.  Gonna read through it and give you guys my thoughts on anything that was said (whether you like it or not!  Tongue) sometime in the next few days.

Always value your contributions so looking forward to it.
coins101 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:37:09 PM

Thanks

The current free market approach doesn't work. We've got Bitcoin to demonstrate that. Look at the Core vs. Bitman position, for example.

If you want a secure network you need a large hash rate, but it has to be distributed. We're looking at how we can influence decentralization through releasing cheap ASICs and possibly limiting distribution on a regional basis to prevent small groups buying up large quantities.

We've got a lot of smart people that have expertise in this area, so it will be interesting to see how the plans evolve. But the one consistent issue with ASICs is that they take time to design. So it is worth starting the process sooner rather than later - I don't think that's putting the cart before the horse, it's planning ahead.

We could have another unique feature that improves the security of the network, just by giving miners cheap miners they can buy, which are also cheap to run.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: