Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:02:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
daunjuan

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:27:49 AM

It's alive  Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:09:36 PM

It's alive  Shocked

From what I understand ..this coin is based on DASH ..thus they are waiting for the Dev's of DASH to make some fixes to the code

before they move on and release Helium? Is that the crux of the issue now? If so anyone have any idea of a timeline just on the DASH fix?

thanks, just trying to put this in some kind of perspective/timeline

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
BonTonPlease

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:23:41 PM

It's alive  Shocked

From what I understand ..this coin is based on DASH ..thus they are waiting for the Dev's of DASH to make some fixes to the code

before they move on and release Helium? Is that the crux of the issue now? If so anyone have any idea of a timeline just on the DASH fix?

brad

Isn't this a really bad sign for HELIUM itself then? Whenever there is a bug or some issue with the code that requires an update or a fix, this community has to wait for DASH developers to act? Or am I misunderstanding this?

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:37:42 PM

It's alive  Shocked

brad

Isn't this a really bad sign for HELIUM itself then? Whenever there is a bug or some issue with the code that requires an update or a fix, this community has to wait for DASH developers to act? Or am I misunderstanding this?

I am looking for clarity on this myself...but, from what I understand this is the reason for the delay...I suppose it makes sense, as a fork....this is also true of say

Litecoin and Bitcoin ..in that litecoin is a fork...I suppose it depends on how open DASH devs are with Helium devs....on keeping them in the loop..it is not a big

deal with LTC and BTC but it may be a big deal for DASH devs just not liking forks like Helium or something.

But yeah, clarity on the holdup, a timeline on the supposed 'fix' needed by dash devs ....would be helpful..even if it is just a 'ballpark' this summer of 2018 as a guess

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:16:11 PM

Another coin, SEND, was forked form Dashbut they didn't have a problem so I don't know what the problem encountered Helium devs. At this point I'm happy that I sold Spread at all time high, before the snapshot

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Pils

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:11:31 PM

The next DASH developmental milestone would require considerable reworking of existing code. Rather than release Helium on the existing DASH codebase and then face a possible fork and a lot of rewriting of code they have chosen to wait. This is a logical choice, but shouldn't have been sprung on the community who invested in SPR to get into the airdrop expecting a much more imminent release.

You should also be aware that there will be some waiting period after the DASH update while our devs actually code and test Helium. I'm expecting a Q3 2018 release. Q2 would be a nice surprise.
teela

Activity: 116
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:41:29 PM

There has been quite a lot of activity on HLM Slack recently. From what I've understood the community mailinglist is having some issues so an update may or may not have been sent out. This is a TL:DR from all what was said in the last couple of days:

March 10th:

gj (gjhiggins) wrote

I'm lending Karmashark a hand with setting up the premine and the script to execute the ledger balance transfer transactions. Currently getting up to speed, nothing to contribute immediately, give me a couple of days.

KarmaWolf (Karmashark) wrote

Indeed, Graham has been good enough once again to lend a hand so be kind and try to keep your inquiries to a minimum as we work through some hurdles together

my time and effort is needed right now to get this project back on track however I will opine - while Enterprise funding is a nice bonus it was never a requirement to launch a blockchain (at least in my opinion )

there are many moving parts so I will not repeat myself - once the network is in a good place I will give an account on what has transpired and why I handled matters the way I did given the information I had at the time

March 12th:

rhinomonkey wrote

KarmaWolf wrote

@everyone As you can see @coins101 is very much alive - I have been working to bring everyone together while dealing with several issues so please bare with my team while we put various pieces in their proper place

@everyone While on the topic of updates I would like to introduce @richyjames to the team - Richy has been instrumental in helping keep the ball rolling with me while adding another level-headed soul to the mix

richyjames wrote

Cheers guys,  plugging away to get this done

These are quotes pulled from Slack. If you need more I suppose you join and read everything for yourself.
BitJunkie556

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:03:08 AM

Well I'm definitely glad to see that team members are giving updates, but they need to be making sure they're coming to Bitcointalk so the majority of the project's followers can see...

Need a(nother) community manager? Wink

craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 02:19:58 AM

Well I'm definitely glad to see that team members are giving updates, but they need to be making sure they're coming to Bitcointalk so the majority of the project's followers can see...

I plan to deliver many great updates to our community here. When they are ready that is  Cheesy

I think at this point most of our followers are spectating the various Slack channels.
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:29:55 AM

I plan to deliver many great updates to our community here. When they are ready that is  Cheesy

I think at this point most of our followers are spectating the various Slack channels.
Even if the majority of your followers are in slack, you should still update your thread for the few people who still don`t want to use slack for privacy purposes.
teela

Activity: 116
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:52:49 AM

Even if the majority of your followers are in slack, you should still update your thread for the few people who still don`t want to use slack for privacy purposes.

I just gave you an update. There is also nothing against making a spoof email address for your slack account.
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:40:42 AM

It's alive  Shocked

brad

I am looking for clarity on this myself...but, from what I understand this is the reason for the delay...I suppose it makes sense, as a fork....this is also true of say

Litecoin and Bitcoin ..in that litecoin is a fork...I suppose it depends on how open DASH devs are with Helium devs....on keeping them in the loop..it is not a big

deal with LTC and BTC but it may be a big deal for DASH devs just not liking forks like Helium or something.

But yeah, clarity on the holdup, a timeline on the supposed 'fix' needed by dash devs ....would be helpful..even if it is just a 'ballpark' this summer of 2018 as a guess

So Dash has 3 security bugs that were discovered during the bounty. Dash has a large development team to fix those bugs. Helium has been financed out of pocket by the developers. Since Helium does not yet have the funds to hire a large development team, they were waiting for Dash to release the update to save months of development time and costs.

Things have changed though, from what I understand, Helium will launch soon but remain Dash compatible until after the security patch can be added. Then it will branch out. Helium needs to gain steam so the treasury can start funding a core development team.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:51:27 PM

It's alive  Shocked

brad

So Dash has 3 security bugs that were discovered during the bounty. Dash has a large development team to fix those bugs. Helium has been financed out of pocket by the developers. Since Helium does not yet have the funds to hire a large development team, they were waiting for Dash to release the update to save months of development time and costs.

Things have changed though, from what I understand, Helium will launch soon but remain Dash compatible until after the security patch can be added. Then it will branch out. Helium needs to gain steam so the Treasury can start funding a core development team.

After the 'branch out' will it still be x11 mineable? Or by 'branch out' you mean it will go POS coin or something? (I plan to mine this coin if possible with x11 miner)

big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 01:40:55 PM

ok, i hope that this Helium is now on a right highway
my D3s are waiting this start  Cool

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:42:27 PM

They've been ramping up with Graham's help. The latest updates have been encouraging. They are based off ox X11 and planned on D3s mining for coins. I don't think that has changed.
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:28:39 PM

I can have understanding for slow start, but I received today mail from Cryptopia about unsuccessful login attempt. It says that after third one, account will be locked. Advice is using exclusive e-mail address for Cryptopia.
Too much time passed, not knowing how long it will take more. Give us any kind of wallet (paper one is good enough) to move the coins from exchange. It is bad practice keeping them so long there.

lusa

Activity: 109
Merit: 5

hodl

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:08:08 PM

I can have understanding for slow start, but I received today mail from Cryptopia about unsuccessful login attempt. It says that after third one, account will be locked. Advice is using exclusive e-mail address for Cryptopia.
Too much time passed, not knowing how long it will take more. Give us any kind of wallet (paper one is good enough) to move the coins from exchange. It is bad practice keeping them so long there.

HLM blockchain has not activated yet so there is no way to transfer HLM from exchanges. We are keeping HLM as IOUs in the exchange. If something happens to cryptotopia than we have a bigger problem to get hlms. When they activate the blockchain we will have wallets and we can transfer but atm we can only wait for devs to finalize things.
thesavoyard

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:16:57 PM

It's alive  Shocked

brad

Things have changed though, from what I understand, Helium will launch soon but remain Dash compatible until after the security patch can be added. Then it will branch out. Helium needs to gain steam so the Treasury can start funding a core development team.

After the 'branch out' will it still be x11 mineable? Or by 'branch out' you mean it will go POS coin or something? (I plan to mine this coin if possible with x11 miner)

That will be decided by the Masternodes. Given that POW is a dead end, I imagine it will go POS eventually, or something else if new tech arises. But that is not on the roadmap at the moment. I think many of us are hoping to revolutionize development speed, transaction speed, and the services offered by the platform. It's been discussed modifying the governance to make it more dynamic, but changes need to be approved by the Masternodes. So early on is a critical time, w can only hope that a stagnant culture doesn't develop within the governance.

thesavoyard

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:17:59 PM

Cryptopia only locks for 24 hours, I've done it before.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:38:24 AM

link on HOW to get masternodes when it happens again please (or at least the process)

Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: