Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:07:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with loss?  (Read 52261 times)
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:18:08 PM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

It depends on the altcoin you buy. If the altcoin  you buy has a good team and big community behind, all you have to do is to wait and stay calm. If  the coin you buy is just because you got hyped, better sell it to cut the lose.
This is perfectly true.
Most times I worry less on the coins I am holding, knowing that even if anything happens and things get bad, I can easily relax and believe they will one day come back to give me my profit I so much desire and even if I have more cash, then I buy them more so I can benefit from the crash as well.

One reason I stopped holding shitcoins for so long, most especially after the first fork this year. Never make the same mistakes twice, so they always say and I am happy I did not.
blockchainvault

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 02:34:52 PM

I just cry a little bit  Huh and try to only invest in things I believe in... Then  I can just look back to why I invested in the first place
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:16:30 PM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

That is something that everyone is bound to deal with in trading. There are many factors in how will someone react, but most important is not to panic. Panic can lead you to wrong choices. As you said we have two options in that situation, to wait or cut losses. I always recommend waiting, but if informationsuggest otherwise tham cut losses. Ultimately it is up to a person. I would almost always wait and get out first momenti can without losing.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:09:23 PM

Well you really have to experience losses for you to succeed on your trading, personally i treat losses as a good experience that i can use for my trading skill. Trading with bitcoin will surely give you higher profit but of course you still have to be more careful when you are trading. Always trade with a plan so you will surely maximize your profit.
This is a charactersistics of a successful trader that he does not think fo losses as bad experience or keep mourning them rather he treats tehm as lessons for him in order to understand crypto market in a better way. Trading with bitcoin can make you rich within seconds but if you look on the opposite side of this, you may lose all in short time. In personally don’t prefer trading with bitcoin for making money.
PacePay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:57:49 PM

I will face the loss with patience and control my emotions I will keep and wait until the price back up because I do not want to lose more, I will make my mistakes as a lesson to be more careful and smarter in trading
This is best for you to accept your losses as soon as possible because some people take a lot of time to cope with such things which further worsen the situation. We all should know and be aware of this principle of nature that things cannot remains constant forever, nature likes changes and changes are good for us, for our great etc. so whether it is a loss or profit, just stay calm because nothing is permanent.
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:13:44 AM

I will face the loss with patience and control my emotions I will keep and wait until the price back up because I do not want to lose more, I will make my mistakes as a lesson to be more careful and smarter in trading

Losing money in Trading is not that bad compare to the loses that you could experience in gambling. Unlike on Gambling, the loses in Trading could be easily get back in just a short period of time, you just have to wait until the price of the tokens that you are holding PUMPS again, that way, you could gain back what you have lost.
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:43:18 AM

Losing money in Trading is not that bad compare to the loses that you could experience in gambling. Unlike on Gambling, the loses in Trading could be easily get back in just a short period of time, you just have to wait until the price of the tokens that you are holding PUMPS again, that way, you could gain back what you have lost.

Yeah I agree like when you lose in trading it's quite reasonable and acceptable because you put some effort to this and unlike in gambling you just bet on that and didn't think logically like you let luck be with you.
Deal with our losses with a smile and call it a day and start another day with more confident.

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:01:16 PM

I would limit my thinking when I'm losing money and I would go out or hang out with my friends as this will help me to be more comfortable and able to reduce stress in my work. Once calm I will try to return to trading with a better spirit
Reducing stress is usually good most especially when you know it is a crazy loss. This can help clear your head for some minute. Moreover, I do not always see it as a best way to go. If I lose, I see that yeah, I have made a mistake and I accept it and then plan a comeback.

This is where it gets sweeter, I have never lost in a day and never recover far more than what I have lost. There will always be another market to make some pretty good profit from except the whole market is just bad for that day.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
tkamal

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:31:34 PM

Sharing the experience is something healing to your wound usually I keep my self isolated in room for few days and keep on writing about the plus and minus done in this particular issue and get ready for another new try or else sail in the same boat. Motivate myself saying success and defeat are not constant we have to go ahead.

◤ ─────────────── PROJECT PAI ─────────────── ◥
│       DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR INTELLIGENT AVATARS       │ (https://projectpai.com/)
◣ ─── JOIN PROJECT PAI TELEGRAM TO GET FREE TOKENS ─── ◢ (https://t.me/projectpai)
Ribbe

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:35:09 PM

Don't make risky investments and you better see investments as long-term Smiley
But sometimes you need to make risky investments to make the huge losses, never invest more then you can afford to loose.
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:52:08 PM

I will wait and assume lost all,I do not take a headache in trading when it is fall I will remain silent and find a way out of the problems I face by looking for new funds.Sometimes there for a moment I think the longest hold him who will be the winner. Wink

Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:20:27 PM

How we deal with loss depends from how much we lost. Losing all your money and possession is not
the same as losing 1%. I never risked all my money, usually when I risk my money I need to be quite
safe and I never risk more then 50% of my money.
    I take trading seriously and for now I only invest and hold alt-coins, trading daily is too hard for me,
and I do not have enough time to follow every day changes. I am not risking much, I invest from my
salary, I know risks and even if I lose I will not regret cause I tried. When I start with more active
trading I will not invest more then 5% from all the money I have in crypto. Point is do not risk much,
and you will not have to deal with loss.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:53:57 AM

Don't make risky investments and you better see investments as long-term Smiley
But sometimes you need to make risky investments to make the huge losses, never invest more then you can afford to loose.

Its inevitable that everyone loses in their investments. Trading and investments doesn't have a hundred percent guarantee that you'll gain all the time even if you're anexperienced one. So it's important to have yourself and your emotions in check if you lose. Better to have other things to take your attention if that happens instead of brooding over it as it will raise your chances of making foolish decisions

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:29:13 AM

What you said is truth, be calm and in control of your emotions is best way in dealing any kind of problem. All who work make a mistake, some more some less. But what make us intelligence, it is choice not to repeat same mistake. If you made a mistake once, learn from it. If you make that same mistake twice, you need to ask your self why have you done it again. And if I made a same mistake for the third time... well than I would say for myself that I'm an idiot. So everything we can do when we make a mistake, is to learn from it what we can and try not to repeat it. Dwell in the past don't help either.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:34:46 AM

What you said is truth, be calm and in control of your emotions is best way in dealing any kind of problem. All who work make a mistake, some more some less. But what make us intelligence, it is choice not to repeat same mistake. If you made a mistake once, learn from it. If you make that same mistake twice, you need to ask your self why have you done it again. And if I made a same mistake for the third time... well than I would say for myself that I'm an idiot. So everything we can do when we make a mistake, is to learn from it what we can and try not to repeat it. Dwell in the past don't help either.

Here we see the importance of studying which coin you'll trust your money on. I'm good with holding for a long time as long as i'm confident with the team behind the coin i bought. Prices drop every now and then but reliable coins always bounce back so it's upntonus to determine where we'll place our money

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:00:25 PM

dont need to do anything. why? because we dont have any magical to get back our loss so we must accept it. that's all
That is just the point! Why get sober over a situation that has already happened and cannot be changed. If we had all been given the chance to rewind back the hands of time and refix the mistakes we have made, so many of us would have been lost in time Grin ... However, we have been given another chance to either make it right or bounce, so the choice is left for each individual.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:46:04 PM

I faced the loss when I was doing trading it is happened my mistake as I didn't get time to watch it closely and it crashed down. That moment I am not able to control my sorrow and not able to eat food for 2 days properly just thinking about loss only for a week then I control myself and start concentrating in my job this is what I did.

One thing is till date I didn't repeat the mistake again.
For those who are pretty smart, they learn from their mistakes and then just move on and make it better next time. We are all bound to make mistakes even when we have learnt and though we know it better, it just happens. How we take such mistakes is what is important. There are some things we learn as we practice and this is what makes us better for next time and this is how a wannabe pro trader should always view losses.
Cindy1983

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:55:06 PM

Keep waiting or cut the loss depend on it's new coin or old coin. If it's a new coin I'll keep waiting it rise back again cause it's just listed not too long so it still have good potential to rise but when it's listed for long time I will need to consider about it, check the news about that coin or make a lot of research about it, if there are nothing new about that coin I'll cut the loss cause it doesn't have any potential to rise back again Smiley
Gheka

Activity: 1372
Merit: 501

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:55:26 PM

Keep waiting or cut the loss depend on it's new coin or old coin. If it's a new coin I'll keep waiting it rise back again cause it's just listed not too long so it still have good potential to rise but when it's listed for long time I will need to consider about it, check the news about that coin or make a lot of research about it, if there are nothing new about that coin I'll cut the loss cause it doesn't have any potential to rise back again Smiley
I think depends on the potential of the coin is more accurate, it does not involve too much to the old and new, talk about waiting, we should just wait when the coin is potential and have a big supportive community, if we wait for a bad coin, we will lose more money than get a profit. Talking about cutting loss, this is not a simple thing, we need techniques to cut loss, that will help us minimize the damage. When faced with losses, the first thing I usually do is stay calm then analyze the market and reasons that cause damage, from there I will make the final decision to wait or cut losses

Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:31:13 PM

Here we see the importance of studying which coin you'll trust your money on. I'm good with holding for a long time as long as i'm confident with the team behind the coin i bought. Prices drop every now and then but reliable coins always bounce back so it's upntonus to determine where we'll place our money
If you want to invest your money in the world of crypto currency, then the most important thing you need to take care of is that you are going to choose the right coin. In case you suffer some kind of loss, then you need to remain brave and you should never lose hope. In fact, you need to learn from your past mistakes and you need to plan the things well so that you may be able to recover your loss.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: