Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:55:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TOR] Torcoin - X11 PoW - Tor Integrated Crypto - Torcoin.org  (Read 125282 times)
trumpman

Activity: 914
Merit: 299

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:30:11 PM

tor coin  price: TOR - BTC market:
Buy: 0.00117686
Sell: 0.00129794

What happened?
Will the price rise again?

Yeah it will probably have a few mOre pumps before the final dump, like most shitcoins Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kingcarsen

Activity: 1148
Merit: 369

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 11:30:16 PM

I just changed the logo, due to the recent post from the Tor Project: https://twitter.com/torproject/status/855882107234770944

https://github.com/carsenk/torcoin/commit/e1119f1170c3b3deede5bd2ea38445d716829297

If we need to change the name as well and they are not okay with us keeping Torcoin after removing their icon, a rebranding will occur, which we will need some solid ideas for names guys. Waiting to hear back from them, so far nothing major though, I changed the logo so that in good faith that they will maybe allow us to keep the name.

I have tried to see what my partner says about this and if he will update the site etc, currently awaiting a reply back.

I don't think you should merely ask them via twitter about what you can and cannot do. You need to have some sort of formal conversation with The Tor Project. You should have done this before releasing the coin. You can't just tweet something like  "lol opps man can we pleeeease keep the name guys thats'd be cool af!!!1" and expect everything to be ok.

Please stop being unprofessional. I want this project to succeed but you lack judgment Carsen. Please try to start behaving like an adult.

Certainly understandable, I thought my boss had messaged them before, which apparently he did not...

I just sent execdir(at)torproject(dot)org an email in regards to it. If they don't like just the logo change and want the name changed as well, I have no problem in doing a rebrand.

I also honestly didn't think it would take off like this, I also thought we made it super clear we are not affiliated with The Tor Project in anyway....but maybe just maybe they will reconsider.

I haven't received any sort of cease or desist or any contact from them yet, I just saw that post on twitter and thought I would be transparent with the community and with them, I have nothing to hide, I would love to work with The Tor Project honestly, but if not then we don't have to shut Torcoin down, we can just rebrand it to an entirely new name, which it could still succeed from.
daniel244king

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

ALTCOIN KING

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:36:40 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2017, 11:49:23 PM by daniel244king

I just changed the logo, due to the recent post from the Tor Project: https://twitter.com/torproject/status/855882107234770944

https://github.com/carsenk/torcoin/commit/e1119f1170c3b3deede5bd2ea38445d716829297

If we need to change the name as well and they are not okay with us keeping Torcoin after removing their icon, a rebranding will occur, which we will need some solid ideas for names guys. Waiting to hear back from them, so far nothing major though, I changed the logo so that in good faith that they will maybe allow us to keep the name.

I have tried to see what my partner says about this and if he will update the site etc, currently awaiting a reply back.

I don't think you should merely ask them via twitter about what you can and cannot do. You need to have some sort of formal conversation with The Tor Project. You should have done this before releasing the coin. You can't just tweet something like  "lol opps man can we pleeeease keep the name guys thats'd be cool af!!!1" and expect everything to be ok.

Please stop being unprofessional. I want this project to succeed but you lack judgment Carsen. Please try to start behaving like an adult.

Certainly understandable, I thought my boss had messaged them before, which apparently he did not...

I just sent execdir(at)torproject(dot)org an email in regards to it. If they don't like just the logo change and want the name changed as well, I have no problem in doing a rebrand.

You may not be able to be affiliated with the TOR project, but you still NEED to be affiliated with the TOR technology and it's ideals!

This coin has the potential to be one of the TOP 5 cryptocurrencies on the planet!

If you can't get the TOR project to support the coin then get the EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) to support it.  That would be better than the TOR Project anyway!  BTW, The EFF supports the TOR Project and the HTTPS Everywhere Browser extension.

THE KING OF COINS
kingcarsen

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 11:49:25 PM

Here is the new temp logo until we figure out what is going on:
daniel244king

ALTCOIN KING

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:55:13 PM

Stick an onion in the corner. An onion is a vegetable. They don't own it.

How about an onion with a currency line going through it? Or, better yet put two short dollar sign slashes through the leg of the "T".

THE KING OF COINS
kingcarsen

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 11:57:51 PM

Very true

I started thinking to.... how come they didn't have a problem with the university guy that made the old Torcoin before? Interesting....

Also at least we have their attention now, so we will hopefully know 100% soon what is going on.
Story777

Activity: 78
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:00:10 AM

Can I suggest some names:

Incognito (Sounds a bit negative but it rolls off the tongue)
Vox Populi
Ninja (in my opinion the name doesn't sound professional)
Anon
CRYPTONYMOUS
Enigma

So many names, just some ideas..
daniel244king

ALTCOIN KING

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:05:28 AM

Vox Populi
Anon
CRYPTONYMOUS
Enigma

How about:

Dark Web Coin (DWC)
Hidden Web Coin (HWC)

THE KING OF COINS
kingcarsen

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 12:08:04 AM

Vox Populi
Anon
CRYPTONYMOUS
Enigma

How about:

Dark Web Coin (DWC)
Hidden Web Coin (HWC)

How about Paradox PDX?

I think it would be kind of fitting?

All great ideas, keep em coming!
daniel244king

ALTCOIN KING

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:12:48 AM

Very true

I started thinking to.... how come they didn't have a problem with the university guy that made the old Torcoin before? Interesting....

Also at least we have their attention now, so we will hopefully know 100% soon what is going on.

Like bitcoin this is a open community coin right?  Why don't you invite the TOR Project OR EFF to join the Tor Coin development?  Would you have a problem with that?  Or how about the TAILS Live CD development project?  The EFF supports TAILS also. You might can get the TAILS development team to include the TOR Coin wallet in their next release.

THE KING OF COINS
Story777

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:15:00 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2017, 11:28:03 PM by mprep

Vox Populi
Anon
CRYPTONYMOUS
Enigma

How about:

Dark Web Coin (DWC)
Hidden Web Coin (HWC)

I like acronyms. Those are good ideas.

How about DIoT: Dark Internet of Things. I'm just rambling here...not serious with this one guys, just being funny.  Although DIoT could look like idio...idiopathic just to bring back some seriousness.

Very true

Like bitcoin this is a open community coin right?  Why don't you invite the TOR Project OR EFF to join the Tor Coin development?  Would you have a problem with that?  Or how about the TAILS Live CD development project?  The EFF supports TAILS also. You might can get the TAILS development team to include the TOR Coin wallet in their next release.

I wish I had thought of this!
kingcarsen

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 12:16:08 AM

Very true

Like bitcoin this is a open community coin right?  Why don't you invite the TOR Project OR EFF to join the Tor Coin development?  Would you have a problem with that?  Or how about the TAILS Live CD development project?  The EFF supports TAILS also.

I don't have a problem with that at all, I would absolutely love that, I just never thought that would ever be possible...I am just a small fry in a big world.

The guy that paid me to make this though has pockets, but I am not sure what he is doing as he has not messaged me back recently yet.
Story777

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:19:44 AM

Vox Populi
Anon
CRYPTONYMOUS
Enigma

How about:

Dark Web Coin (DWC)
Hidden Web Coin (HWC)

How about Paradox PDX?

I like Paradox as well. Its a strong word.
kingcarsen

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 12:21:06 AM

Vox Populi
Anon
CRYPTONYMOUS
Enigma

How about:

Dark Web Coin (DWC)
Hidden Web Coin (HWC)

How about Paradox PDX?

I like Paradox as well. Its a strong word.

Cool thats one solid vote! Wink
daniel244king

ALTCOIN KING

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:26:07 AM

Very true

Like bitcoin this is a open community coin right?  Why don't you invite the TOR Project OR EFF to join the Tor Coin development?  Would you have a problem with that?  Or how about the TAILS Live CD development project?  The EFF supports TAILS also.

I don't have a problem with that at all, I would absolutely love that, I just never thought that would ever be possible...I am just a small fry in a big world.

The guy that paid me to make this though has pockets, but I am not sure what he is doing as he has not messaged me back recently yet.

Since you said that you didn't mind and had no problem with them contributing:

Get the EFF, TOR Project and TAILS Project on board.  

I am sure they would not have a problem contributing to the development of the coin since the coin is aligned with their ideals and the old coin failed.  If they had contributed to the development of the original torcoin it might have been more successful.

THE KING OF COINS
Story777

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:27:33 AM

You may not be able to be affiliated with the TOR project, but you still NEED to be affiliated with the TOR technology and it's ideals!

This coin has the potential to be one of the TOP 5 cryptocurrencies on the planet!

If you can't get the TOR project to support the coin then get the EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) to support it.  That would be better than the TOR Project anyway!  BTW, The EFF supports the TOR Project and the HTTPS Everywhere Browser extension.

You are fill of great ideas. These organisations are what TorCoin needs to get more exposure.
kingcarsen

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 12:47:07 AM

Okay so The Tor Project is not on board, just got an email back from the Executive Director. We will be changing the name and ticker.

I will be rolling out an update this weekend or as late as Monday to the name change. So far Paradox (PDX) is the winner.
Story777

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:52:53 AM

Okay so The Tor Project is not on board, just got an email back from the Executive Director. We will be changing the name and ticker.

I will be rolling out an update this weekend or as late as Monday to the name change. So far Paradox (PDX) is the winner.

I like PDX as the name. +1

Maybe we can still get the EFF on board.

I few posts ago I asked the question why you Carsen might know the algo's X13, X14, X15, and FRESH (NIST5). It wasn't a rhetorical question for the community so I guess I will ask you directly. Why might you know these algo's?

daniel244king

ALTCOIN KING

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:55:15 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2017, 01:09:09 AM by daniel244king

I like PDX as the name. +1

Maybe we can still get the EFF on board.

I few posts ago I asked the question why you Carsen might know the algo's X13, X14, X15, and FRESH (NIST5). It wasn't a rhetorical question for the community so I guess I will ask you directly. Why might you know these algo's?

I guarantee that If you get the EFF and TAILS Project on board the TOR Project will come around. All three of them are closely affiliated.

You don't need the organisations per se; you just need a "developer" from one of those organisations.  Maybe even a former developer.  

That would attract investors as well.

THE KING OF COINS
pterodactyl

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 01:11:22 AM

Incognito is a good name and that was the former name of the Tails project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: